Jump to content
    northie
  • Author
  • 832 Words
  • 1,580 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Flash In The Pan - 12. Restraint

He felt just a little more intoxicated than he’d planned.The combination of vodka shots and poppers wasn't recommended. Glenn lay on the messy, unmade bed, wondering vaguely what had come over them both. He and Niall, his ex. What a fucking cliché. A chance encounter in a club, then Niall had been his usual assertive, sexually-dominant self. He insisted they come back to the flat and have sex.

Why hadn't he said 'no' while they were there? It would've been simple enough. Glenn stared at the ceiling. Instead, he caved in and invited Niall back so he could be fucked for 'old times' sake'.

Niall stuck his head out of the bathroom, dripping water onto the carpet. “Glenn, where are the spare towels? You've moved them.”

Niall, tall, athletic, red-haired – a vision to brighten any gay man's day if only he wasn't such a prick.

Answering was difficult. “Airing cupboard.”

Niall frowned. “Why put them there, you twat? I need one now.” He strode across the room, yanked open the cupboard door, and grabbed a towel. “God, you're fucking useless. Four months since we split and you're falling apart, Glenn.”

Glenn found it difficult to connect his brain with his voice. It was easier to lie there and say as little as possible.

His former boyfriend stood in the bathroom doorway, looking around while drying himself off. “You've redecorated. Who chose the colour scheme? Your mother? It's fucking awful.”

Glenn liked the pale yellow – Connor and he had chosen the colour together. Glenn wanted Niall to shut up. He was still buzzed from sex, poppers, and the restraints. Thinking of the cuffs made him pull slightly against the cords tied onto the bedposts. His boyfriend had bought them only the previous week.

Niall noticed. “Those cuffs got me going big time. You never bought them yourself? Wait … Don't tell me someone else has taken you on? What stupid fucker would do that?” He sniggered. “You never allowed me any kink. 'I can't stand pain'. Wimp. That's one of the reasons I left you. … Maybe the new boyfriend's given up on you already? Your hole was as tight as an untried twink's.”

Niall dropped the damp towel onto the floor and headed off to the kitchen, feet slapping on the tiled surface. An image of he and Connor together floated into Glenn's mind – kissing, laughing, having a good time. Equals in love.

“Connor loves me, and I love him.” Glenn surprised himself by saying it out loud.

“What?” Niall's voice carried from the kitchen.

Glenn heard cupboards and drawers being opened and then banged shut. He couldn't imagine what the other man was looking for.

Still naked, Niall came back into the bedroom, an open can of beer in his hand. “Where d'you keep the blow nowadays? I need a fix. Those poppers do fuck all.”

Glenn blinked. “There isn't any.” Connor didn't allow drugs apart from poppers. Not that he'd ever liked taking the cocaine when he was with Niall.

His former boyfriend stared at him. “Any point in calling your supplier?”

“Don't have one any more.”

“You're not joking either. God, this new man a paragon or what?”

Glenn woozily wondered what 'paragon' meant. It had to be good - nothing less than Connor deserved. He didn't answer.

Niall leered at him from the foot of the bed, stroking his cock with one hand while downing the beer at an impressive speed. “I was thinking of having another go. You know, now your hole's loosened up. Maybe we'd both enjoy it more?”

“No.” Glenn managed to shake his head. A lack of proper lube the first time around hadn't helped.

“Sure? OK … You always were a miserable bastard.”

He crumpled the empty can and threw it under the bed before disappearing back into the bathroom momentarily.

There was a brief flash as Niall waved a small key at him. "I was going to unlock you before I left, but I don't think I'll bother." He sniggered loudly and left the key on the chest of drawers.

Glenn watched in silence. He and Connor had an understanding about other sex-partners, though he wasn't sure it included ex-boyfriends. One rule was honesty. He'd been a complete idiot, but he'd tell Connor. He wasn't scared.

Niall was getting dressed, pulling on the skin-tight jeans and top which had made him irresistable. He stopped before putting his shoes back on.

"Looking good. You're there, chained to the bed, like the twat you always were. Loser - I win, as ever." He finished getting ready. "Right. I'm off. Hope your new man isn't too late returning." Niall turned on his heel and lurched out of the flat, slamming the door after him.

Glenn waited a moment then gave a sharp tug on both restraints. Freedom - from those, from Niall, and freedom to choose the life he wanted. All he had to do was act like it.

I love reading your thought and comments.
First posted on my external blog as a response to a YeahWrite prompt challenge.
Copyright © 2017 northie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Niall sounds pretty but acts like a very nasty jerk! I can see why Glenn was tempted, but too much alcohol meant he wasn’t able to make the right decision. The fear of doing that kept me from ever drinking alcohol or using any other drugs. But then again, I’m Risk Averse!  ;–)

 

To me, Niall is kind of like the hot mugshot on the news. I can see why he gets away with things even as I’m repulsed by what he's done. But I’d never be so turned on by the mugshot that I’d try to contact the guy! (Again, Risk Averse!)  ;–)

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Niall sounds pretty but acts like a very nasty jerk

Yeah, he is thoroughly unpleasant, which also makes him good to write. ;)  I imagine it's been a pretty common scenario over the years.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, northie said:

I imagine it's been a pretty common scenario over the years.

That’s why prisoners on death row marry incredibly deluded people who only found out about them after they’d been locked up! Why would you want to marry someone who’s never going to get released from jail? Someone who you’re never going to be allowed to have conjugal visits with? I mean, come on, Charlie Manson?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..