Jump to content
    northie
  • Author
  • 3,385 Words
  • 3,175 Views
  • 29 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Never Too Late To Explore - 18. In The Limelight

The video goes ahead...

Sitting out of the range of the video camera, Andy wiped away several beads of sweat with the back of his hand. It was a brilliantly sunny Tuesday afternoon.

His boss, Claire, noticed. “OK. We'll take a break.” She turned the camera off and smiled at the other man sat in front of it. “You're doing well, Eric. Keep it up.”

With affection, Andy watched his friend get up; he looked uncomfortable still – hair combed and wearing his best clothes.

Eric also mopped his forehead with a hankie. “Thought I was going to melt in front of you.”

“Sorry.” Claire was seemingly unaffected by the temperature. “The office can get very warm in the summer. I'm used to it.” She turned to Andy. “You got the refreshments?”

“Yeah.”

While he produced an insulated cool-bag from the shadiest part of the room, Claire opened another window in the hope of summoning up a breeze. On the way back, he noticed Eric undoing the buttons on his cardigan. That told him the heat must be bad; the older man seemed to wear the same clothes whatever the weather. Maybe they'd better combine the Pride trip with a quick search of some charity shops for summer-weight clothing.

Eric's hanky was doing its work again. “You could do with blinds or some such.”

“Yes.” Claire sighed in exasperation. “And a functional fridge would have its uses as well.”

Andy opened up the bag from home and produced a handful of cans. “These are cool enough.” He offered them to the other two.

Eric inspected the cans closely. “Hnh. I never have the spare cash to spend on these, even if I wanted to. Tap water's fine; or ale, if it's a special occasion.”

Andy exchanged a glance with his boss over Eric's head – they both smirked.

“Call it a treat.”

“Which one do you recommend?”

“Err…” He martialled some thoughts. “They're all fizzy…”

“Thought so.” Eric's mouth pursed slightly. “They'll make me burp.”

Claire bit her lip. Andy looked away quickly and stayed focussed on the job of being a drinks waiter. Catching her eye at that point would lead to an outbreak of sniggers; hardly fair on the older man.

“These two are fruit flavoured.” He held them out. “The others are colas, with or without real sugar.”

Eric took an orange-coloured can. Claire's hand immediately reached out for the 'full fat' cola, as she described it. While opening his own drink, Eric's struggles with the metal tab caught his eye. The other man was having trouble getting the tab to flip up.

“OK?” He heard a swear word. “It's a knack. Here, let me show you.”

The offending can was thrust under his nose. Putting the other drink down, he used Eric's as a demonstration model, showing him how to open it up. He heard a sniff.

“It's alright for them with young fingers. Mine won't bend that far.”

“Good point.”

Eric stared dubiously at the liquid before giving it an experimental slurp. The taste must've been bearable; soon all three of them were drinking deep.

Claire balanced herself against one of the tables. “That's better. OK… what's still left to do?”

The other two looked at each other and shrugged. Andy grabbed the prompt sheet and rapidly moved his finger downwards, mentally noting anything outstanding.

“Ehm…” He checked again. “We've not spent much time on the less successful aspects.”

Eric frowned. “I still don't understand why you need to ask those questions. Isn't this film meant to promote the charity?”

Claire answered. “Yes, but we also want to paint a realistic picture of our operations. We're not omnipotent; things go wrong; sometimes pairings don't work out how we'd like them to. How about when you and Andy first started out?”

Andy flushed pink.

“And there's still a number of things outstanding from the Social Services point of view, isn't there?”

Eric snorted. “I've given up hoping for that damned bath seat.”

It was Andy's time to sigh. “The last time I spoke to them, they'd moved the goalposts. You now have to be substantially more physically impaired than Eric is to receive one.”

“Budget cuts?” Claire was fiddling with the camera.

“More… restricting demand, I reckon.”

“Same thing.” She shook her head. “It's happening everywhere. … Anyway, shall we get on?”

Eric took a swig from his can, spluttered, then resumed his seat.


An hour later, they called it a wrap.

Claire strode up to Eric who was still seated, and offered her hand. “Thank you, Eric. I appreciate your time and effort very much. Hopefully you'll not be the only one to undergo the ordeal by camera.”

He gave her hand a cursory shake, then stood up, evidently trying to get some of the stiffness out of his bones.

Andy approached. “Did you enjoy that?” The look he got in return only made him smirk. “You genuinely did well – should make for a good film.”

“Well, this Hollywood star needs the loo.” Eric reached for his stick and headed off towards the basic facilities.

Claire laughed. “He can be a bit of a grump sometimes, can't he?”

Andy frowned. “Yes, sometimes. If your life was like the one he's led, I think you'd be less than filled with sunshine.”

“Very true. … I think there's material for at least two shorts there. The local paper's already expressed interest. They might host an excerpt on their website.”

Andy looked up from sorting out the cool-bag. “You won't get Eric to do anything for the media. He's been adamant about that since the beginning.”

“Yeah, he said when we first met. That's fine.” Claire started to dismantle the equipment. “He does realise there'll be publicity though? Whether he agrees to it or not.”

“Yeah, but I don't think he has much concept of a social media frenzy; even a localised one.”

“'Frenzy'?”

Andy grimaced. “People get excited about the weirdest things. Discovering that one of the long-standing inhabitants in the locality is a gay man, may or may not fulfil that criterion.”

“Hopefully that's not an aspect in which the local rag'll be interested.” She stopped for a moment. “In fact, I'll make damn sure the report focusses on the charity, not Eric.”

He kept his misgivings to himself. The object of the campaign was to get people to watch the videos. If they did so, the subject was there, out in the open. Eric didn't shy away from it; admitting to his queer identity was such a large part of what had happened since they met.

Eric reappeared. “So, is that it?”

“Yep.” Andy waited for a nod from Claire before continuing. “Claire needs to edit all the material, then, I imagine, you'll get to see the finished product.”

“I can hardly wait.”

He grinned at his friend's dry humour. “Come on, let's get you home. I imagine you're gasping for a cup of tea.”

Eric blinked. “A cup? I could drink the pot dry.”


On the Friday evening at the start of their Pride weekend away, Andy finished unpacking both their bags and looked for somewhere to stash them. Once space for a double bed was subtracted from the cramped back bedroom, there was little capacity for anything else. A small chest of drawers and a single bedside cabinet with a lamp was the extent of the additional furnishings.

Adam came back from the one and only bathroom. He surveyed the room. “Just as well we're not going to be doing anything other than sleeping and eating here.”

“Don't be mean.” He managed to squeeze the two soft-skinned cases into the gap between the dresser and the door. “Ritchie's only owned the place for six months. With his level of organisation, we're lucky not to be falling over unemptied boxes. Anyway, he's saving us a pot of money and it'll be good to catch up.”

“Hmm.”

Andy knew his fiancé wasn't a great fan of his old friend.

“It is good of him to put us up.” Adam sat on the edge of the mattress. “I dread to think how much a city centre hotel would fleece us for.”

They both eyed the tired décor.

“What Ritchie earns as an account manager can't leave him with much after the mortgage.” Andy turned to look out of the rear-facing window.

A group of boisterous south Asian youngsters were playing cricket of sorts in the next-door garden. The aroma from someone cooking a strongly scented curry wafted in through the opened window. He spent a moment studying the outline of the local mosque, visible a couple of streets away.

Adam joined him. “Not the safest area for a flamboyant gay man to live in?”

He shrugged. “I guess Ritchie thought about that before he bought the place.”

They were interrupted by a shout up the stairs. “Food's ready if you are!”


“Wow, that was delicious, Ritchie.” Andy scooped up the last of the pomegranate seeds which had formed the garnish on the evening's dish.

“Don't sound so surprised, darlings.” His friend's moue of petulance was only partly in jest.

“No, really.” Adam regarded his empty plate. “We've never tasted Persian-influenced cooking before. Though I never saw any actual rose petals, their taste – scent? – was everywhere.”

Ritchie got up to clear the plates; his lithe form made squeezing round the table easier than it should have been. The kitchen felt no more generously proportioned than their bedroom.

“We're spoilt round here. Within a fifteen-minute stroll, I can shop Polish, Roumanian, Punjabi, Sudanese, and Iranian.”

Andy snorted. “Bloody hell – we've the local butcher and the one and only supermarket.”

“But plenty of other compensations.” Adam raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged his agreement.


Their host returned with a plate of sticky Indian sweets and a pot of chai. “These are halwa: semolina, condensed milk, and variously flavoured with figs, almonds, pistachios, and raisins.”

The other two men stared at the display for a moment before diving in. Conversation ceased; for the next couple of minutes only murmurs of appreciation were heard.

Finally, Andy resurfaced, licking his fingers. “Don't you find it tricky living in this neighbourhood?”

Ritchie grimaced. “Being of mixed heritage makes me less conspicuous, I suppose.”

Not for the first time, he admired the other man's smooth, caramel-coloured skin and deep brown eyes.

Ritchie ran his eyes over the room. “Not the largest kitchen ever, but I wanted a place of my own. On what I earn, I can't afford to be that choosy when it comes to buying property.”

Andy felt some guilt at the relatively charmed life he and Adam led.

“The neighbours are friendly enough. My work clothes are so boring…” He looked down in mock horror at the conventional shirt and trousers he wore. “Fortunately I don't have to wear the wretched corporate uniform.” His continued horror was expressed by his hands this time.

Andy's sympathetic grin soon faded as the other man continued.

“In the summer, I can't even risk wearing my cabaret or clubbing gear inside in case someone spots me. And as for coming home with another guy? Fat chance.”

Adam took a sip from his tea. “What was wrong with the house share?”

Ritchie rolled his eyes. “You mean, what was right with the house share, darling.”

“Oh…”

Hands demonstrated disbelief this time. “One by one, my fellow queers abandoned the place until I was left co-habiting with a bunch of students. Eugh! I put up with the noise and the parties, but the state of the kitchen made me want to vomit.”

Andy recalled his own time as a student. “Yeah, I can well believe that. … So, no significant other yet?”

“Me, sweetie?” Ritchie's staged affront made him snigger. “No; dating apps are my best friends. Of course, any hook-ups take place away from here.” His sigh sounded real.

Andy wondered how sensible it was to buy in such an inner-city area. Maybe he intended to sell the house on in a few years?

“Anyway…” Ritchie pushed his seat back. “What's your news?”

He decided to start with the basics – his friend barely retained anything he sent in the way of status updates or email. “Adam and I are getting married in the autumn.”

“Ooh!” The other man brightened. “Now, I have friends who'd accuse you of selling out; of being depressingly hetero-normative. Me – I love a wedding, as long as it's not my own.”

Finishing with a hand over his mouth made Andy snort. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Adam frowning slightly.

“Live and let live, I say. We'll have our wedding; they may continue with whatever domestic arrangements suit them.”

Andy dived in before a serious discussion hijacked their evening. “Don't worry, Ritchie. An invitation'll be heading your way in due course. Now, what else?” He took a gulp of the rapidly-cooling tea. “We've both developed a relationship with an older gay man; someone I met through my volunteering.”

Almost every visible part of Ritchie's body radiated astonishment. “Darlings! I never thought I'd see either of you with a Daddy. Is he a bear with muscles, a big cock, and gorgeous silvery hair in all the right places? The mere thought is enough to give me goosebumps all over.”

A loud exhale of barely-concealed exasperation from Adam had no effect on the flow of words.

“God, you're so lucky. What's he like?” Ritchie leant across the table in his eagerness. “Have you fucked around with him yet? Tell me all.”

“Ritchie!” Andy's squawk finally brought a halt to the torrent. “For fuck's sake!”

Their host sat opposite with his mouth open.

“Jesus.” His face felt hot. “We're talking about a client of mine. OK? He's a lonely, older guy who's only recently taken his first steps into the world as a gay man.”

“It's a great fantasy though.” Ritchie mimed running one hand through imaginary hair – his own dark would-be afro was buzz cut close to his scalp – while the other smoothed out his clothes. “I'd be so up for it. Wouldn't you?”

“No.” He and Adam replied as one.

The resulting hiatus in the conversation ended when Adam changed the subject. “What's the significance of the guy who's leading the parade tomorrow?”

“You don't know?”

Their chat moved off into somewhat calmer waters until Ritchie left to attend one of his clubs. Andy and Adam took the opportunity to retire early in the expectation of an exhausting, fun couple of days.


They strolled from the train station to their preferred viewing spot on New Street: Ritchie, they left in bed, sleeping off the night before. With a billing on the Cabaret Stage for the afternoon, he'd already decided to give the parade a miss.

Adam adjusted first the backpack containing their few street clothes, then his sunglasses; the latter's habit of travelling down his nose drove him mad.

“OK?” Andy's hand squeezed his.

“Yeah, fine.” He leant in to reply, followed by a kiss, there, out in public.

The noise levels were already pretty high: people excited, happy, determined to have a great time. Most sported the rainbow in some guise or another; alternatively, they wore other colours important to them.

He closed in again. “How many guys were getting themselves ready in the station toilets?”

That was where they changed out of their street clothes and applied the body paint.

Andy smirked. “More than a few; it was getting crowded. Several guys gave you the eye.”

“Yeah? I thought they'd be for you, semi-naked as you are.” Adam stole yet another look at his fiancé's tanned, decorated upper body.

Andy laughed. “Says the man who's 'wearing' an unfastened, sleeveless mesh top.”

“Yeah; clothing.”

They exchanged grins. He thought Andy looked so hot. His cycle shorts suddenly felt that much tighter around the groin.

Pulling Andy closer, he whispered in his ear. “I could take you here. Now, with everyone around.”

The other man flushed. “Down, tiger. Those shorts don't hide much.”

They reached their spot – just where the parade had to turn the corner onto New Street.

“Maybe a quickie later?” He nibbled on an earlobe.

“Hmm… someone's keen. Let's see.”

After giggles and a kiss or two, both men got their phones out to wile away the remaining time.


Hot, exhilarated, and hoarse from the shouting and cheering, Andy stood and watched the last of the parade moving slowly away towards the city's gay quarter. “Wow.”

His partner looked more pensive, looking over the departing crowd.

“Wasn't that fabulous?”

Adam focussed on him. “Sorry. Yeah… I was thinking how brave the guy who led must be to continue with the 'No Outsiders' programme.”

Reality seeped in once more. Andy sighed. A teaching programme meant to encourage inclusivity and positivity amongst primary-aged school children had run into organised, vocal, bitter opposition.

Adam cast another sweeping glance at the milling crowd. “And those people who walked alongside him. Fuck; what must it be like to come out to a Muslim family?”

Andy wrapped an arm round him and kissed his cheek.

His fiancé was fired up. “This is Birmingham, for fuck's sake. How many black and brown faces do you see in the crowd? Or on the floats?”

He knew the answer. “Not enough.” Feeling somewhat deflated, Andy tried to get the party mood back. “Come on. The queue for pre-paid wristbands'll be round the block if we don't get a move on. You won't want Ritchie to have a fit if we don't turn up for his session.”

Adam offered him a kiss. “Sorry. You know me. Pride is about protest and looking at ourselves as much a party. Anyway, how will he know?”

“Oh, he'll find out.”Andy held out a hand. “Wasn't there mention of a quickie?” He raised an eyebrow. “We can't do it here.”

“Coming, coming.”


Later they wandered around the stalls, warm samosas in one hand, maintaining their loving connection with the other. It was the usual mixture of health information, campaigning groups, promos, and stuff for sale. Their amble, really another way of killing time until Ritchie's gig, changed when Andy noticed one particular stall.

He changed direction abruptly, half-dragging Adam along behind, much to the amusement of others in the area.

Adam objected. “Hey! What's so important?”

“This.”

They stopped in front of the stall.

Andy could hardly control his excitement. “Look!” He brandished a handout. “'Ageing better', a specialist LGBT service for the over-50s. Wow.” He spent a short while reading.

One of the volunteers behind the stall, a woman in her sixties, approached them. “It's a new service; we're more facilitators for any groups that want to operate from our premises than running things ourselves.”

“But aimed at older queer individuals?”

“Yes. Older members of our community are more likely to suffer loneliness than if they were straight.”

Adam joined him, gently stroking his lower back. “It's the first time we've seen anything like this.”

“It would be so good for Eric.” Andy couldn't keep the regret out of his voice.

The woman cocked her head. “It's open to everyone.”

Adam sighed. “Unfortunately, the person we have in mind lives in rural Herefordshire.”

“I suppose you might consider running something more small scale in that area? Look…” She moved away for a moment. “Here's our contact details. I'm sure our network enabler would be happy to speak further.”

Andy eyed the brochure again. “Where's the money come from?”

“Initially, the Lottery. Now, Birmingham LGBT Centre and the city council.”

He smiled sadly. “Thanks. Great to see it's here.”

They moved away.

Adam checked his phone. “Shit. We're gonna have to run.”

They did.


The two men got back to their host's place late; exhausted, buzzed, and danced-out, they still remembered to change back into their street clothes at the station and were careful to remain a safe distance from each other as they walked home.

Once in their room, Adam pinned the other man against the door with a kiss. Coming up for air, he voiced a complaint. “I remember someone offering me a quickie, after I asked so nicely. Didn't materialise though, did it?”

Andy smirked and shook his head.

“Now a good time?”

“I believe it is.”

This is the penultimate chapter of this volume. Parker Owens worked his magic as usual.
Your comments, reflections, and speculations are all part of the mix.
Copyright © 2018 northie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 19
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

This started out in late 2016 as my first attempt at a multi-part story. I remember pestering @Parker Owens for his agreement for me to start posting after I'd produced ... four chapters or thereabouts.   His wise counsel prevailed, and I've spent a long time both completing this part, and refining the writing so it comes up to my current standards.   The reception of the first two chapters has been such that I've ventured to start this story topic.   Feel free to discuss or
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Quote

This is the penultimate chapter of this volume.

I really enjoyed the chapter – until I got to this line! I’m going to miss the periodic updates on Eric, Andy, and Adam. Does Adam have any wealthy friends who might want to become patrons (in the UK sense) of a new rural Herefordshire LGBT service for the over-50s?
;–)

I live where I do because I get most of the best of living near a large city and living in an established urbanized suburb. My city is large enough to have an LGBTQ+ presence and a supportive administration that flies the Rainbow flag every June. My community is diverse enough that there are numerous nearby groceries that cater to an extremely wide variety of ethnic groups (mostly Asian and Latinx though). I feel safe walking around wearing clothing that identifies me as Gay (at least during the day, but that doesn’t have anything to do with my LGBTQ+ identity). And I’m close enough to large cities to take advantage of the benefits they offer (like Frameline LGBTQ+ film festival).

I feel more comfortable in suburbs than in the inner city, but I’ve gotten used to living near the center of the SF metro area. I couldn’t live in a more rural place. I’m isolated enough as it is. I wouldn’t want my isolation to include physically.
;–)

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I really enjoyed the chapter – until I got to this line!

I've trailed the fact often enough, drought.  :huh:  Both here and in the story topic.  ;)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

patrons (in the UK sense) of a new rural Herefordshire LGBT service for the over-50s?

My guess is anything that would evolve would be a grassroots thing. The Birmingham idea was not to 'run' things themselves but to facilitate, provide accommodation for other groups run by individuals. In a UK charity view, a 'patron' is someone who lends their name to an organisation and who might be involved in a publicity sense, but otherwise not. They might contribute like any other individual would.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, northie said:

I've trailed the fact often enough, drought.  :huh:  Both here and in the story topic.  ;)

Just because you’ve given plenty of warning doesn’t make me any less sad to know the sabbatical is coming! Eric’s not the only crotchety one around here. Better I act curmudgeonly about missing the boys ahead of time than I grumble about something else!
;–)

Spoiler

 I see I’ve scared a few people from Commenting again…
;–)

 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, northie said:

My guess is anything that would evolve would be a grassroots thing. The Birmingham idea was not to 'run' things themselves but to facilitate, provide accommodation for other groups run by individuals. In a UK charity view, a 'patron' is someone who lends their name to an organisation and who might be involved in a publicity sense, but otherwise not. They might contribute like any other individual would.

But a wealthy name might entice others to become involved, either financially or by volunteering!
;–)

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, northie said:

:hug:  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, perhaps?

Abstinence never works as a real solution.
;–)

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

But a wealthy name

Relevance or being noteworthy would be more important, I think. I'm not sure the kind of rural, often free-thinking queer individuals would be remotely impressed if Lord... or Sir... rolled up, just because someone asked them. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, northie said:

Relevance or being noteworthy would be more important, I think. I'm not sure the kind of rural, often free-thinking queer individuals would be remotely impressed if Lord... or Sir... rolled up, just because someone asked them. 

Sir Ian? Sir Elton? Sir Patrick? (And now I’ve run out of LGBTQ+ British Knights, Lords, Ladies that I know of and had to add an LGBT-friendly/‘honorary Gay’ name to the list. Most of us on this side of the world don’t pay much attention to titles.)
;–)

Link to comment

I fear Andy may be right about the possible local media interest in Eric as gay. Especially if there are no other 'human interest' stories. This might cause some problems with the school boy thugs, who'll soon have a long boring summer to make mischief. :(  But a benefit might be his ex-coworker Rob seeking him out. :) 

I'm glad the boys had a good time at the Pride. I've been following the news about the No Outsiders' teaching program. Utterly disgusting how those schools have been sold out by the Education Department and exposed to bigotry from parents and outside enablers. :pissed:  They should be ashamed of themselves - and again it's religious bigots who drive the hate against the LGBTQ youths.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, northie said:

I've trailed the fact often enough, drought.  :huh:  Both here and in the story topic.  ;)

It isn't real until it happens. You could always change your mind and write another 20 chapters.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I've been following the news about the No Outsiders' teaching program. Utterly disgusting how those schools have been sold out by the Education Department and exposed to bigotry from parents and outside enablers. :pissed:  They should be ashamed of themselves - and again it's religious bigots who drive the hate against the LGBTQ youths.

Last night I just saw a PSA (Public Service Announcement) urging students to befriend others who are sitting alone in the cafeteria. While it’s a worthy cause, I have to wonder about how many teenagers are up at 2 or 3am to see the ads. It’s kind of an old ad too, I’ve seen it many times in the past, but I still can’t remember the group or its slogan.
;–)

Link to comment
4 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Sir Ian? Sir Elton? Sir Patrick

Exactly: relevant. Not the local landowner, long-serving MP, ladies who lunch....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I fear Andy may be right about the possible local media interest in Eric as gay.

Yes, indeed. It's getting towards summer, not much else going on... And it should strike journalists as prime human interest, no matter how hard Claire tries to deflect them.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

it's religious bigots who drive the hate against the LGBTQ youths.

Which is why those walking with the guy were Muslim or South Asian queer individuals. To emphasise that there are some brave souls from that background who are out and proud. Though fundamentalist Christians are also part of the mix. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, northie said:

Exactly: relevant. Not the local landowner, long-serving MP, ladies who lunch....

Oh, but Adam’s mother probably knows (knew?) lots of ladies who lunch!
;–)

Link to comment
7 hours ago, northie said:

Though fundamentalist Christians are also part of the mix. 

Yeah, I was thinking of those in particular. There was an article on BBC about how a conservative Christian group had smelled blood and was going to start their own campaign in other places to stop diversity teaching and sex ed. :angry:

  • Like 3
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, dughlas said:

You could always change your mind and write another 20 chapters.

:no: At least not for this volume. ;) 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
14 hours ago, dughlas said:

Eric's fifteen minutes of fame as a local celebrity

Next volume.

14 hours ago, dughlas said:

his maiden venture to Pride

Next chapter. My, some people are impatient.  :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, northie said:

Next volume.

Next chapter. My, some people are impatient.  :lol:

You do your own version of cliffhangers!
;–)

Link to comment

I'm glad the guys had a good time, despite some difference in world view between Adam and Ritchie. Angering that there are far too many who have to stay silent about their true selves and that others think they have the right to dictate how people should live.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Puppilull said:

that others think they have the right to dictate how people should live.

or think, or the education they should receive...  :/ 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I got the impression that Eric was quietly pleased that he had extended himself to going ahead and doing the interview . Despite his innate reticence , I feel that he will gruffly weather any inquisitiveness and manage to keep the news hounds at bay. 

I empathise with Adam , Pride in the end was always a bitter -sweet experience for me. It is now just an excuse to party and the route is a truncated amble through affluent suburbia which has no focus or impact. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..