Jump to content
    Percy
  • Author
  • 4,049 Words
  • 831 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My GA Writing Prompts - 2. Quid Pro Quo

Response to Prompt #110 - Creating Evil

His career was over. Gerald fisted his hand on his knee and stared out the window of the executive sedan as it crept towards the hotel through the late night Manhattan traffic. Over at the age of 29 and all at the hands of the man sitting next to him.

"1.2 billion dollars. Can you believe that, Gerald? Our guys picked up that entire restaurant chain for 1.2 billion dollars. They told me tonight that they already have their eyes on their next buyout target. Next deal is an auto supply retail chain. If that goes through, I’ll end up with the firm’s top client two years running."

Gerald grimaced. His boss, Daniel, was a partner in their law firm and still jacked on the adrenaline they’d all been operating on this week. Closing a billion plus dollar transaction required a healthy supply of adrenaline to replace the sleepless nights and shot nerves.

“Good work on the bridge loan documents, Gerald, even though that part of the deal was shuttled.” Daniel slapped Gerald’s knee, then grabbed and gave it a rough shake. His hand lingered longer than necessary, and Gerald drew his attention away from the window.

“Better for the client the way it turned out,” Gerald responded. “The banks were able to get the permanent financing in place in time for the closing. Client saved some money not having to do the bridge.”

The words were measured. Professional. Gerald was careful to strip them of the bitterness he’d harbored since learning the work he’d done the last couple months had been for naught. His primary responsibility on the deal had been to draft a slew of documents that ultimately ended up on the proverbial cutting room floor.

Beside him, Daniel shrugged. “That’s the way it sometimes goes on these deals, but we had to be ready with the bridge in case the bank syndicate couldn’t get the main financing in place. Truthfully, I doubted from the beginning the bridge loan would be needed.”

To Gerald’s mind, that was the crux of the problem. Daniel had deliberately staffed him on the most obscure piece of the high profile deal. In the end the work he had done was completely invisible. Invisibility was not a desirable trait for a mid-level associate in a large law firm.Ever since Daniel had wound up as his mentor 18 months ago, Gerald had received similar assignments. He was never staffed on deals that would draw recognition. Daniel’s clients were active and incredibly successful. Gerald was a benched player on Daniel’s superbowl winning team.

Again, his hand fisted. He’d been so careful in choosing a career, one that would allow him to be both openly gay and professionally successful. Pursuing a law degree had seemed like a no brainer. There was good money to be made by lawyers at the top law firms and most of the firms had a proven track record in promoting LGBT rights. As a top graduate from a prestigious law school, he’d had no trouble landing a job with the firm of his choice, one with a good reputation for advancing its gay and lesbian associates.

Gerald eyed the man next to him and the partner rambled on. He was already anticipating the next deal his high profile client would bring him. The car continued its slow creep towards the East River, inching past the garbage and delivery trucks that congested the city’s night streets.

Daniel finally wound down, resting his head on the pillowed leather seats. Gerald eyed him. Objectively speaking, he was not a bad looking man. Maybe 12 or 14 years Gerald’s senior, he was still one of the younger partners in the firm. He was only just getting started on the paunch around his middle.

Gerald was anything but objective in his opinion of Daniel be it his looks or otherwise. His boss was a homophobic, bigoted ass. It had taken Gerald 18 months to figure that out. Daniel was clever, too clever to do or say something to Gerald that would advertise his prejudices. No, Daniel wouldn’t outright give Gerald a reason to lodge a complaint with the human resources department. Daniel would just continue to staff Gerald on obscure transactions and give the big, juicy deals to other associates.

Jaw clenched, Gerald turned his gaze back to the window. With the nation’s economy in the toilet and a glut of lawyers in the market, he had zero chance of finding a new job. Add to that the unfortunate scene Daniel had come across their first night in New York, and he knew he could kiss his prospects good-bye. Best he could hope for was another year or two of slow, torturous career death.

Their car slid to a stop in front of the hotel's doorman. The bright lights and bustle of the lobby belied the fact that it was nearing midnight as they boarded one of the high-speed elevators.

"C'mon Gerald. Let's share a drink. You didn't really get a chance to celebrate with the others once the deal was signed up."

Because you sent me off on some errand better suited for a paralegal while everyone else was toasting a successful closing. Gerald fumed.

Stepping off the elevator, he bit back the response and patted at his suit pockets for his door card. "Not interested, Daniel. I'm beat."

He slid his card into the slot on the door and the light blinked green.Turning to give Daniel a parting smile, he was surprised when Daniel pushed through the door and followed him inside. "Nonsense. A quick drink from the mini-bar to relax is exactly what we need."

Gerald's body tensed in annoyance and alarm.

What the hell was this all about? His instincts told him Daniel was here for more than a drink. Shit.

"Fine." Gerald gestured toward the sitting area at the far side of the room. "Key to the mini-bar is on the table. I'll be out in a minute."

Gerald sent his briefcase bouncing across the queen size bed as he ducked into the bathroom. Gathering his thoughts, he tried to figure out Daniel's agenda. He knew the man had one. Gerald unzipped and released a stream of piss into the toilet.

This entire business trip had been a monumental screw-up from the start. The team of attorneys had been scheduled to catch a shuttle flight from D.C. a week ago with the intent of working out of their client's offices as the deal drew to a close. Gerald had made it out on an early flight but weather had delayed the rest of the deal team.

With an extra night on his hands in New York City, Gerald had found himself down at the hotel bar nursing a martini and ruminating about his career. He'd idly surfed some social network sites on his tablet, including a GPS enabled site that alerted him to the availability of the cute guy at the other end of the bar. Having nothing better to do that night, Gerald had shared another martini with the guy and invited him up to his room to continue the party.

It was in the hallway outside his hotel room that Gerald learned he had not been the only one to beat the weather out of D.C. Daniel was rolling his suitcase down the hall as Gerald and his hookup had fumbled with the door card. The two of them had been feeling the alcohol, hanging loosely on each other, laughingly anticipating their sexual romp. Daniel had caught Gerald's eye and smirked, reading the situation for what it was.

Gerald zipped up and stared at himself in the mirror as he washed his hands. Absentmindedly he rotated his jaw around checking the two day growth. Nothing had been said that night, but Daniel had spent the week giving him knowing looks.

Gerald had done nothing wrong. He was out, he was single and he'd had the good fortune to meet someone looking for a quick, easy fuck. Daniel’s speculative looks, his snide remarks, had put a seedy spin on an otherwise innocent encounter. The man had baited Gerald in front of the other guys on the team.

"I think our man, Gerald, enjoys these business trips to New York." Daniel had clasped Gerald's shoulders, giving him a shake as everyone took a break for lunch around the conference room table. "Seems the hotel has some amenities he likes to take advantage of."

His colleagues had looked at him curiously, sensing a story, but Gerald had played it off with a shrug and directed the conversation elsewhere. It was one of the ways in which Daniel was clever. The words and actions were perhaps no different than what he would direct to a straight guy who'd managed a hook-up on a business trip. It was something more subtle in Daniel's demeanor that communicated his disdainful view of Gerald's sexuality. And yet, here the man was, waiting out in Gerald's room, almost a replay of the hook-up from the bar last Sunday night.

Satisfied that his five o'clock shadow didn't look too patchy, Gerald splashed some cold water on his face and wiped it dry with a towel. Snapping the towel back on the rack, he repeated that last thought. Almost a replay of last Sunday night.

A realization, a possibility, slammed into him with the force of a linebacker. He grabbed the edge of the sink, mirror registering the shock on his face. Gerald flipped through the memories of encounters with Daniel this past week. Yes, revulsion was there, maybe disgust, but there was also...titillation. That's why Daniel felt compelled to keep the memory alive. He was aroused, provoked, by Gerald's sexuality. Gerald gave a little laugh.

Maybe. He stressed to himself.

He himself had been out since high school and straight, or supposedly straight, men had never interested him. Could Daniel really be that much of a cliché? Was he a closet case, hiding behind a wife while he harassed the gay guy on the job?

Punchy from the direction of his thoughts, and with the genesis of a plan forming in his mind, Gerald returned to the main room. Daniel had opened the pint of champagne and poured some into a tumbler on the table.

He picked up the drink.

Daniel turned away from the view out the window and lifted his glass. “No flutes. We’ll have to make due with these. To future success."

Gerald returned the salute and drank.

"Hope you don't mind if I check my email." Gerald snagged his tablet from the briefcase. Rather than seat himself at the small table with Daniel, he threw himself onto the bed and leaned against the headboard. "Been a couple days since I've had time to check personal messages."

"By all means..." Daniel gestured grandly in acquiescence and slouched into one of the chairs. "Young, single guy like you must have a busy social life to manage."

"All work and no play..." Gerald tapped at the screen. Satisfied he had the settings he wanted, he carefully propped the tablet on the nightstand, leaning it against the base of the lamp. He was curious to see where Daniel would lead this little interlude. Maybe there was yet a chance to salvage his career.

"Hope you weren't bothered by my catching you in the hallway that first night here. You looked surprised to see me."

Gerald let himself grin. Back to that, were we? Good.

"Not bothered, just surprised. Didn't think any flights made it out after mine. Went downstairs for a drink, met that guy and one thing led to another. What about you, Daniel? Meet anyone interesting that night?"

"I'm married." The words were abrupt and Daniel stood just as abruptly, but only to take a couple steps back to the small refrigerator and with draw a couple miniature bottles. One whiskey and one rum.

"My apologies, I'd forgotten," Gerald lied. He held out his empty tumbler and indicated he'd prefer the rum. Mixing in some tepid Coke, he sipped while Daniel settled himself back into the chair.Daniel nursed his straight shot of whiskey for a few minutes. Then he picked up the conversation as if there'd been no pause.

"No pretty young things from hotel bars for me anymore. I promised my wife, after the kids were born...” he trailed off, shrugged. "When I'm on the road these days, I've got to provide my own stress relief."

He made a crude gesture with his hand and Gerald chuckled on cue.

"Of course, I'm not above a little help in the imagination department." Daniel nodded at the television screen, a barely detectable slur to his words. "Wife never said anything about watching an adult movie or two."

He laughed at his own observation and again, Gerald joined him. The man was nearly prone in his chair now. Gerald wondered just how much celebrating Daniel had done at the office, and if the offerings had included more than champagne.

"What about you?" Daniel pressed. "Ever check out the room's adult listings when you’re on the road?"

Gerald casually dropped his hand onto his upper thigh. Daniel's eyes tracked the movement. When he replied, he let his thumb travel over the bulge of his crotch, nicely displayed where his pants pulled tight across his upper thighs. "I've flipped through the channels a few times, ordered up a movie or two, particularly at the end of a stressful week."

This, again, was a lie but Gerald saw that he was drawing the older man into his confidence. Daniel hadn't yet looked away from Gerald's crotch or the small, almost grope, he was performing on himself.

A heavy intimacy had descended on the room. Daniel's hand moved to his own crotch in a mimic of Gerald’s. The younger man wondered if he even realized he was on the verge of fondling himself in front of Gerald. "It's been a hell of a week. Probably going to find some movie to watch when I get back to my room."

"Stress relief."

"That's right." Daniel lifted his glass, discovered it was empty and pushed himself back over to the bar. This time he returned with the gin and vodka miniatures. Gerald watched Daniel pour another drink for himself.

He glanced at the tablet propped next to him on the nightstand and back at his boss. Go ahead. You're in the waning weeks of your career. What have you got to lose?

"I was making the same plans tonight. No reason you couldn't stay...watch a movie here."

Daniel seemed to sober up a bit at that statement. He met Gerald's eyes then looked down at the contents of his glass before he tipped it to his lips. "Not sure how well that would work."

"I'm sure we could find something that would...work for both of us."

Daniel shrugged and reached for the remote laying on the dresser next to the TV. A blue glow filled the room as the hotel movie programming booted up. Without comment, Daniel thumbed through the adult selections, selecting a movie with a bisexual tagline.

Gerald wasn’t sure what to expect from Daniel; he thought the man may just sit through the entire movie, as if they were watching the latest Hollywood release, and wait until he was back in his own room to jack off.

Daniel, however, had apparently checked his reservations at the door, or perhaps in the bottom of that miniature bottle of whiskey. He was soon slouched low in his chair, roughly palming a growing erection is his pants as a guy and a girl took turns sucking off another guy on the screen.

The scene did little for Gerald, but the thought that he was actually encouraging his boss down this path held its own excitement. He made a show of pulling out his dick, knowing that Daniel was watching from the corner of his eye. Soon enough, the older man freed his own member from the material of his slacks.

After a few minutes of mutual stroking, Gerald drew a deep breath, preparing to push his boss to the final scene of his sketchy plan.

“I have some lube,” he swung his feet off the bed and rooted around in the nightstand drawer. Taking a couple steps, he stood next to Daniel’s chair and held out the small tube. Daniel kept his eyes focused on the screen.

“You do it,” he grunted, and Gerald squeezed out a small amount into his own palm. Kneeling, he grasped Daniel’s erection and gave it a couple of firm strokes. The man sighed and let his legs fall further apart. Gerald moved so that he was kneeling between them.

The cock was long and thin, not unattractive, and very stiff. Gerald fisted it with a firm grip and smooth strokes. He was hopeful this would not take long, but Daniel had drunk quite a bit of alcohol tonight. Getting him over the edge could take awhile.

The movie continued in the background with the woman's pitchy yelps and the rapid grunts of one of the men. Daniel stared at the screen with heavy-lidded eyes as Gerald worked him. Hoping to move the effort along, Gerald muttered, "Tell me what you like."

To his surprise and somewhat to his relief, Daniel replied, "Suck it."

Gerald immediately worked some saliva up in his mouth and bent to tongue the flared head. To his further relief and accompanying amusement, Daniel also chose this moment to become more verbal.

"Yeah, that's right. You know how good that feels. Take it, you fucking cocksucker."

Gerald shot a glance upward and saw that Daniel had taken his attention away from the screen and was watching Gerald work his mouth up and down the shaft. He put all his expertise behind the effort and was rewarded with Daniel working quickly towards a climax. When Daniel's legs stiffened and his hand dropped onto Gerald's head to better direct the pace, Gerald knew his boss was about to blow. He lifted his mouth away and finished the job with his hand, stroking out the shots of come as Daniel cursed his way through his orgasm. Gerald directed the forceful shots up onto the dress shirt Daniel still wore, not even trying to capture them with his free hand or an otherwise less obvious target.

As Daniel spent a few moments in post-coital lethargy, Gerald stood and rinsed his mouth with the last swallow of rum. Grabbing his tablet off the nightstand, he checked to see if he had the goods to get his career back on track. Bingo.

"So Daniel," Gerald felt a half-smile pull at his lips as his boss turned bleary eyes on him. "You were saying in the car that your client's looking to acquire that chain of auto part shops. I'd like to be the lead associate on that deal."

Daniel blinked at him incomprehensibly for several moments. When Gerald's words finally sank in, he had the nerve to laugh. "What, you think that blowjob entitles you to tell what to do with my clients? Think again. It doesn’t work that way."

Gerald smirked, elation and power stripping away the week's fatigue. "Oh, but it does work that way, Daniel. You've been screwing me ever since you ended up as my mentor, giving me the shittiest assignments on the deals. Now it's my turn to screw you."

"Forget it, Gerald," Daniel stood, fumbling to close his pants. He swore as he noticed his semen stained shirt for the first time. "Frankly, kid, you're not lead associate material. Your legal analysis lacks depth and your negotiating skills are for shit. You require too much supervision from senior attorneys."

Gerald felt the heat rise in his face. He was a good attorney. He'd been top of his class all through law school and he'd excelled his first few years at the firm. It was only under Daniel's tutelage that he'd started falling behind his peers. He thumbed the tablet, queuing up its newest recording. "I've got something here that says I am lead associate material."

"...how good that feels. Take it, you fucking cocksucker."

Daniel's voice played from the tablet back into the room as Gerald held up the tablet showing the video capturing their recent interlude.

"Thwap. Thwap. Thwap." The flesh slapping movie continued to run in the background.

Daniel stared in shock at at the recording and then lunged, reaching for the tablet with one hand and taking a uncoordinated swing at the younger man with the other.Gerald easily side stepped him and Daniel fell across the bed.

"Hand that over you cocksucking faggot."

“The auto shop deal, Daniel. Make me the lead associate or this gets posted to every amateur porn site I can find." Gerald moved across the room as Daniel pushed himself upright. "I'll be sure to list you in the credits."

"Fuck you, asshole." Daniel clambered unsteadily onto the bed, looming over Gerald who was standing on the narrow strip of carpet between the window and the bed’s edge. "I am going to beat you to a bloody pulp. Now give me the fucking tablet."

Gerald recognized he'd made a tactical mistake. Daniel stood between him and the door and from his position on the bed could probably leap on top of Gerald no matter which direction he moved. Still, there was no way he was giving up now, even if it came down to a fistfight.

"C'mon, Daniel. One large transaction. Give me a chance to prove myself and I'll delete the file. It'll be like tonight never happened." He inched his way toward the table in the corner as he spoke. If he could just reach the phone...

"I'm not leaving this room until that tablet is wiped, Gerald." The movie that had been playing finally ended and the room was abruptly bathed in a blue glow as the hotel logo filled the flat screen. Gerald used the momentary distraction to reach for the phone on the table and press the speaker button for the concierge.Because this was a four star establishment, the summons was answered on the first ring.

"Is this Room 2033?" the plumy voice of the concierge came through the speaker.

"Yes, I need some help up in my room." Gerald's eyes held Daniel's, daring him to expose their altercation.

With a look of disgust, Daniel clambered down from the bed and stomped toward the door.

"Do we have a deal?" Gerald spoke quietly but the words carried."Sir? I'm having a hard time hearing you. Would you like me to send someone up?"

Daniel glanced at the phone and reached for the door. Looking once more at Gerald, he jerked his head in a nod. "Deal."

"Looks like everything’s okay," Gerald addressed the concierge. "My TV wasn't booting up, but it looks fine now."

He pressed the button to disconnect. Daniel had been about to exit but turned back at the last moment. Gerald tensed, staying close to the phone in case David decided to resume the fight. "If I find that video gets out anywhere, you are as good as dead."

"You stick with our agreement and you have nothing to worry about. I'll delete the file as soon as the deal closes."His boss tried to slam the door as he left but the hotel had had the foresight to install hinges that prevented loud departures. The door swung sedately and locked behind Daniel.

He chuckled, looking at the recording captured of Daniel and him. If the partner ever bothered to watch this before Gerald deleted it, he’d be doubly pissed to learn that much of Gerald's threat was a bluff. Daniel's image was hard to make out on the recording. It was Gerald who was clearly recognizable, and he had no desire to have a sex tape of himself floating around the internet.

He'd keep his word and delete the file once he got through this next deal. He knew he could prove himself to the firm partnership if he was just given a chance to do so. One big deal and his career would be back on track. Daniel himself was surely bluffing when he’d said Gerald’s work was shoddy. Gerald smiled.

“Game on,” he thought.

Not sure if my muse brought me a villian or just a guy who's an ass.
Copyright © 2015 Percy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

LOL! I thought that was a great little short. He was very . . . creative. I'm not sure which one would be considered 'evil' though, the one who was a homophobic ass secretly into it, or the one who filmed the guy being a total tool in order to further his career. I'm leaning toward the homophobic ass :P Gerald was pretty smart in my book. Thanks for sharing.

Link to comment
On 03/01/2012 03:32 AM, Cia said:
LOL! I thought that was a great little short. He was very . . . creative. I'm not sure which one would be considered 'evil' though, the one who was a homophobic ass secretly into it, or the one who filmed the guy being a total tool in order to further his career. I'm leaning toward the homophobic ass :P Gerald was pretty smart in my book. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Cia! I wouldn't want either of these clowns as work colleagues!
Link to comment

Truthfully they are both evil. Then again they are lawyers. LOL. Oh that was wrong. I can't say that, I know a lot of good lawyers who would enjoy nothing more then seeing these two buried somewhere far away from the rest.

Link to comment
On 03/01/2012 01:15 PM, comicfan said:
Truthfully they are both evil. Then again they are lawyers. LOL. Oh that was wrong. I can't say that, I know a lot of good lawyers who would enjoy nothing more then seeing these two buried somewhere far away from the rest.
LOL. There was definitely no good guy in this story...funny how "lawyer" came to mind as soon as I read the prompt.
Link to comment
On 07/28/2012 04:35 AM, joann414 said:
Boy, sometimes revenge is sweet, or should I say warm and salty? lol lOved this
Haha! Very clever. This was in fun prompt. Thanks for leaving a comment!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..