Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dutch - 2. Chapter 2 Home Coming

Kevin was grateful that Stan got on his cell phone as soon as they touched ground. At least he could focus on getting off of the plane. One good thing is he didn’t need to get luggage, He was able to get his Rucksack in the overhead bin.

Even though this is a tiny airport, comparatively speaking, one could still get lost if you don’t pay attention. He hadn’t discussed how he’d get to town and guessed he’d just take a taxi. The signs are pretty clear where to go to catch a ride so he found the doors easily.

The air outside was pure compared to the base where he was stationed. No smells of fuel or explosives. Just clear sky’s with a warm sun. He looked around at the distant hills and that’s when he saw him. He was leaning on an old 70’s blue Chevy pickup. One booted foot propped up on the passenger tire. The jeans he had on has seen better days, looks like they’re held together by stains and dumb luck. Kevin saw the giant shining belt buckle separating the washed out ripped jeans and the dark blue sleeveless t-shirt. But, what kept his attention was that all too familiar straw hat looking down at the pavement. Dutch. ‘Now what in the world got him this far out of town to pick up an old friend he hasn’t seen in 4 years?’

”Well, are you here for me, or are you looking for someone else?” Kevin got Dutch to look up and give that ‘I’m looking for trouble’ look.

”I tried to get a couple of these city girls into my truck, but I guess they can’t appreciate a classic.” He broadened his smile, “I guess you’ll have to do.” The nod came with a halfhearted tip of the hat.

Dutch grabbed at the rucksack and tossed it in the back like a bale of hay. He spun around and threw his arms around Kevin. “It’s really good to see you my friend.”

Kevin felt his heart swell, “Just seeing you made me feel like I was home.” Then they climbed into the cab.

They waited till they were on the highway heading home to start catching up on things. Kevin was surprised to hear that Dutch had bought the Zimmerman ranch. It’s just down the road from Kevin’s parents house and he’d always thought it would be his someday. However, no denying it, it seems like a good fit for Dutch.

Dutch said He had delivered some hay he picked up for Kevin’s dad when he heard his old friend was coming home. Dutch gleefully admittedly he immediately offered to pick him up at the airport. “That’s very nice of you, but you didn’t need to go out of your way for me.”

Dutch looked around at the road finally giving way to the country side. “Well, it also gave me an excuse to get out of town for a few hours. Besides, I wanted to be the first to see you in your Army dress uniform. You sure look like a pretty penny, all shiny and clean.”

”Well, I noticed you got all dressed up to see me, too. I mean, I don’t even think you have underwear on and you’ve had those same jeans since we were teenagers. What if they would have let lose revealing your pride and joy?” Kevin chuckled as he looked at the bulge pushing at the zipper of Dutch’s jeans.

”I suppose it would have been easier to get one of those City girls to go for a ride then.” Same ole Dutch, quick witted and a little full of himself. “Don’t think I don’t see you looking for a glimpse of my junk. You Military boys are so hard up for a good time, you’d play with anything.”

Kevin felt slightly panicked when he saw Dutch give him a sideways smirk. He thought maybe he really was staring too long. “No, I just figure you’d been playing with the farm animals too long and probably won’t do anything for a human to pay attention to you.” Kevin felt like it was a fair comeback.

Just like old times, teasing about the desperation and lack of ability to find a good girl to handle the job. It felt good to banter with Dutch again. Kevin didn’t have hardly anyone he could be so free to say anything with in a long time. It would be a matter of time before he crossed a line that brought on a fight or even punishment. Dutch made the ride go by so fast that Kevin was actually surprised as they entered they’re small town square. “It hasn’t changed one bit since I left.”

”What are you talking about? There’ve been all kinds of changes. See old man Wilkins Hardware over there? There was a mysterious fire in the back and it appeared the old man dropped a lantern on accident. Sarah and Jessie took over the store and the old man hot sent up north to an old folks home.” Dutch looked into the park of the square. “Tina Rosenberger married Alex Overmeyer, but she keeps trying hard to get in my pants despite Alex watching over her shoulder. And, Simon went on a trip to Florida and came back with blue hair, now everyone thinks he’s gay. Don’t say anything, but I know for a fact that he is.”

The way Dutch said that sparked some sort of bizarre queasy feeling deep in Kevin’s gut. Still, it seems best to not inquire about that last comment, nobody likes to open that can of worms. Besides, it’s not like Kevin hasn’t let guys suck him off in times of desperation. Hell, Kevin had even let Simon jack him off behind the barn when nobody was home, so no big deal.

”Hey Kev, how about I get you over to your momma’s and give her some time to fawn over you for a couple hours. Then you hop on the old motorcycle of yours and pop on over to my place. I’d love to show you around.” It really wasn’t much of a question, more like an outward recognition of the obvious.

”Well Dutch, that sounds like a fine idea. What do you say if I drop by around 8? Momma will want to feed me a meal made for a king.” Kevin felt so distant from this old farm he had left behind. The uniform is a harsh reminder of how far and how long he had went. Listening to the crumple of stones moving as the tires moved along sounded more like a dream. But, here he was, about to join the life he thought he’d never return to. He thought he might be a lifer in the military, or get some great job in a far away state. Kevin even dreamed of a pretty girl in a foreign country getting him to settle down with a bunch of kids. None of those things happened, just put in his time and back to where he started from.

But before Dutch even came to a stop Kevin’s momma was running to the truck with tears streaming down her cheeks. Dutch thought she might even rip the door off his old truck just to get to Kevin. Like a good boy who loves his momma he held her tight lifting her off the ground and spun her around as she kissed every spot on his face.

As soon as Kevin grabbed his rucksack Dutch called out, “Ok buddy, be good to your momma and come by my place around 8.”

Kevin nodded and saluted his best friend as he backed the truck down the drive to a common turn around spot. As soon as Dutch made the bend and was out of sight he turned wide his momma and went up the steps of his childhood home. “It’s so good to be home Momma.” But, that only started the kisses all over again.

”Karen, let the man settle down before attacking him again.” His dad called out from his den as he made his way down the hall to the kitchen where a man stood in the place his boy once stood.

”Look at you son, I can hardly recognize you. Can I help you get your things up to your room son?” His father beamed with pride as he turned towards the wide staircase with Kevin’s bag. He looked one more time at the beautiful grown man he and Karen had brought into this world. How he loved his children and misses the days of this big old house full of life.


 

Copyright © 2021 PhillMakracken; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..