Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,784 Words
  • 2,703 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NB - A New Chapter - 14. ANC Chapter 14

“Thank you for the introductions, who are you and your two friends?” the Princes asked, “Ma’am, my name is Otto, this is Max and Levi, we are the Swedish film crew recording this project, which I am happy to announce is now completed” Otto replied. “I see, and which two are the singers?” the Princess asked, “That would me, and young Alexander, your highness” Kyle responded. “How did the project go, were you happy with the project?” the princess asked, “Yes Ma’am, I guess we won’t know how it ends up, until the film crew have finished with their work” Xander replied shyly.

“It went very well thankyou ma’am, and the cities we visited are spectacular, we have had a wonderful time here” I added. “Thank you, Mr Wagner, now while I have my two children here, would you mind giving us a small example of your singing for us?” the Princess asked, “Most certainly your highness, it would be a great honour” Kyle replied, as he looked towards Xander, who smiled.

“Suo Gan and Jerusalem?” Xander whispered, and Kyle nodded his head in agreement, as they walked closer to the alter and turned to face the small group of spectators, who sat in the pews, after the royal family had sat down, and they began to sing. Just over five minutes later, as the singing came to an end, there was a moment of silence before Otto announced that he had recorded the two songs, and that was a wrap of the project.

“Mr Davies and Davenport, congratulations you both have beautiful voices, I look forward to hearing the final recording when it is completed” the princess said, “Thank you your highness, please thank His Majesty, your father, for allowing us to use this magnificent chapel” Kyle replied, and we all bowed, as the Princess stood and left the building, via the side door that they came from.

“Otto, can you make sure that the Palace receives a copy of the project recording, and all other copies are to be given to me, with no one else to receive a copy without my written permission” I said to the Film crew, “Understood Mr Wagner, thank you for allowing us to be part of this project” Otto responded.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived back at the hotel, pleased that the project was finally completed, but now we had to pack and get ready for the early evening flight to London, then the start of our boating holiday in Wales tomorrow, which I was looking forward to. We managed to have a light dinner at the airport, before boarding our 6.05pm flight to London, which takes 2 ¾ hours, and I was pleased that the eight of us, had a smooth passage through passport control and customs.

Once we had checked in at the hotel, we had some supper, before we retired for the night, as we had to be up at 5am the next morning, for the flight to Cardiff, then a train to Wrexham, as I had booked the canal boats for 1.30pm, start time. When we finally arrived at the boat harbour, after a twenty-minute taxi ride from Wrexham, the local town clock bells were sounding for 1pm, and we made our way to the Canal boat company office at the harbour.

Having already made a full payment for the booking of the two boats via the internet, we were given instructions on how everything works on each boat, struggling to understand he heavy welsh accent, but once completed, we made our way onboard the two boats. Just as we were setting off, with Kyle and Jake joining, Xander and I, while the twins were with Ben and Simon on the other boat, my mobile rang, and I indicated to Jake who was closest to me, to take over the steering of the boat.

The caller ID said unknown number, so I reluctantly answered it. “Ah good, hello Seb, this is June Cooper speaking, I just wanted to let you know that the cruise was cut short, as they had mechanical trouble, so I am on my way to London now, arriving in about two hours’ time” Mrs Cooper announced. “Hello Mrs C, did you enjoy the part of the holiday that you completed?” I responded, “Yes thanks dear, it was very enjoyable” Mrs Cooper replied.

We chatted for about twenty minutes about the house, and she informed me that her grandsons would be arriving in two days’ time from Australia, and that she would put them to work right away. A few hours later, we had just moored the boats for the night, just outside a canal side pub, where we had decided to eat, when my mobile rang, and it was Mrs Cooper calling.

“Hello Mrs C, how are you going?” I said as I answered the call, “Oh Sebastian, the house is absolutely divine, I love it, and yes I will take the guest bedroom on the top floor” Mrs C said to me happily, “That is good that you like the house, we have stopped for the night outside a pub, where we will be having dinner and breakfast tomorrow, give me a call if you have any issues with the house” I replied, “I will dear, enjoy the rest of your canal trip, bye for now” Mrs Cooper said and she ended the call.

When we reached the first aqueduct, Kyle stayed inside, not wanting to look over the side, while Xander was the complete opposite, and I had to hang onto him, to make sure that he didn’t fall over the edge of the boat and the aqueduct. Everyone was getting use to opening and closing the lock gates and moving the bridges, that were movable, with everyone taking it in turns, this allowed everyone the chance to relax and enjoy the scenery as it slowly passed us at a slow pace.

Unfortunately, the 8 days of touring down the canal passed a lot faster than we hoped, and our holiday came to a close, as we finished cleaning up the boats, packing our belongings, and handing over the keys back to the office, before catching a train back to Wrexham, and flying back to London.

I had decided to stay with Kyle and his friends for one final night, while the twins and Xander headed off to our new home at Battersea Park. When Kyle and his friends and I sat down for our final dinner together, I noticed Kyle looking at me intensely, and I chuckled. “I guess you are wanting information about your return trip home?” I asked, “Yes, that would be helpful, since the flight is late tomorrow morning” Kyle replied.

“Oh, very well then” I said as I retrieved the 4 travel wallets, containing the itinerary, plane tickets and other information about their return trip home via South Africa. “Holy Cow… oops sorry” Kyle said surprised and shocked at the same time, and he ducked his head, as an automatic reaction, forgetting that his mum was at home in Toodyay, which made me laugh.

“This is awesome, two days in South Africa, including a tour of a Nation Park, this is incredible, thankyou so much Sebastian, you have been so kind to us, with all of this holiday” Jake said to me. “You are most welcome, just make sure that you look after my good friend here, and make sure he doesn’t get eaten by a lion or a leopard” I replied smiling.

After an enjoyable dinner, I said goodnight and goodbye to Jake, Sam and Ben, explaining that I had to head off early tomorrow, as I had some business to deal with. Once the three lads had left, and only Kyle remained, he sighed loudly, “You know, I am going to miss you guys once we head back to Australia, I have really enjoyed my time with the twins, Xander and you, especially with the project, and meeting the princess” Kyle said to me sadly.

“Well, I am sure we will get to catch up with you and Rev some time soon, maybe you can join us for a few weeks, straight after Christmas, it will be winter up here, so that will be something different for you” I replied, “Yes that will be great, I am not sure if Mum can make it, but I will definitely be keen to come” Kyle said to me, as he stepped forward and wrapped me in a tight hug.

“You take care of yourself, you hear, do now chasing after any wild animals in South Africa” I said to Kyle, which made him laugh, before releasing me from the hug, “I will be careful, thanks again mate, you have been a good friend, and I will miss you, and don’t forget to send us a copy of the latest DVD of our project” Kyle said, “I will be sure to send it to you via registered post” I replied.

Just as I arrived inside my hotel suite, my mobile rang. “Hey Sebastian, this new place is amazing” Xander said excitedly, and I chuckled hearing his happy voice, “That is good my cousin, how do you like your bedroom?” I replied, “It is great thanks, and amazed that I even have my own bathroom too, oh and Mrs Coopers grandsons are nice too” Xander said to me. We chatted for a little while, before I said goodnight, letting him know that I would be home early tomorrow morning, and I ended the call.

I checked out of the hotel at 7am the next morning, and a limo drove me to my new family home in Battersea Park, arriving just over 40 minutes later, due to a slight traffic jam that we were caught in for about fifteen minutes, and when I stepped out of the vehicle, the front door opened, and two young men dressed in suits came out to meet me, “Welcome home Mr Wagner, I am Wyatt, and this is my younger brother Xavier” the oldest boy said to me very formally.

“Thank you for the welcome, is everyone home?” I replied, “Yes sir, Nanna… I mean Mrs Cooper is serving breakfast as we speak. Please allow us, to take your luggage, sir” the younger boy replied, and I nodded my head and walked towards the front door, taking a deep breath as I stepped inside. I could hear happy chatter and laughing, coming from the back of the house, so I headed towards the formal dining room, where everyone was gathered.

“How is everyone settling in to our new home” I said as I entered.

The End

Copyright May 2018 Preston Wigglesworth. All Rights are Reserved
  • Like 20
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. It was great to read more of the adventures of Sebastian, the twins brother’s and Huon’s son Xander.

Edited by chris191070
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Thank you so very much for such a great story yet again. I will look forward to the next next part of the saga of Sebastian and family. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, quokka said:

Checkout my latest blog, there is info about more with this story.

How do we find your blog? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bft said:

How do we find your blog? 

 

 

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Bft said:

How do we find your blog? 

Go to the Forums Page of GA and search "Quokka's blogs"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..