Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 6,023 Words
  • 2,091 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

NB Drama - 5. NBD Chapter 5

“Matthew, although we have closed for any new guests, we will have four special guests, who have just arrived in town, that will be staying with us, can you prepare 3 meals a day for them please, and once a villa is cleaned properly. I will be eating here also, so that will make it five people, and two of my personal staff will be arriving on Saturday, but they will be staying next door” I said to the chef.

“Not a problem sir, I am happy to do that, is it possible to get a kitchen hand or cook to assist me, as I have been working on my own since I started, and it is a bit of a struggle” Matthew replied, “Not a problem, I will get right on it” I answered before heading back to the administration building.

“Sir, we have had five guests depart, and that leaves just two remaining, but I can’t seem to be able to give them a refund” Erica said to me as soon as I entered the reception area.

“That is my fault, I forgot to organise that, I will get onto that right away, just contact the guests and let them know that the owner will personally make sure that they receive a full refund on their credit card, within 24 hours” I responded.

“Sir, I have managed to secure, five cleaners, who will be here within the hour” Matthew informed me, “Good, now I need to get a kitchen hand and a breakfast cook, and while I am at it, an assistant for you Matthew, and three replacement cleaners, I will see what is available here in town, before looking around elsewhere” I said.

“Sir, my cousin is a self-employed plumber, and he has been struggling for work the past few weeks, I am sure he would be interested in a job” Matthew said to me, “Good, call him and get him over here asap for an interview” I replied, before heading to the office behind reception, to try and make sense of the mess in there.

Ten minutes later, as I struggled with the computer, to make sense of everything, there was a knock on the door, and Matthew entered. “Sir, I have my cousin, Patrick O’Malley, outside to see you” Matthew said, “Ok, bring him in, stay in the reception area, as I will need you to show him and me around the place” I replied.

Five minutes later, I was happy to employ Patrick as an assistant to Matthew, and we stepped out to the reception area, “Right let’s have a good look around this place” I announced, as we headed out the back door, just as my mobile rang, “Hey you, where are you at the moment?” Kylie said when I answered the call.

“I am at the Oceanside Village, where I have organised accommodation and food for you and your team, just come around the back, I will be somewhere around, I am just having a guided tour of the property” I replied, before I ended the call and joined Matthew and Patrick.

After the tour, I left Matthew and Patrick to get to work, while I returned to the administration office, and Kylie was standing at the back door, talking to Erica. “Hi Kylie, this is Erica, my new Duty Manager, Erica this is my best friend, AFP officer Kylie Sanders, she and her team will be staying here, once the villas are cleaned.

Also just to let you know, I have contacted the guests who are due to check in over the next two weeks, and refunded their bookings, and recommended next door, that gives us enough time to get this place back into good order, and ready for the start of the tourist season” I said to Erica, as I led Kylie inside, and I went directly to the office.

Over the next hour, I showed Kylie everything on the computer, regarding the dodgy management of the place, and I left her to sift through all the information, while I found Kylie, and led her to the accommodation admin office next door. “I would like to speak to the manager please” I said to the receptionist.

“Err, I am the Duty Manager, the Manager, who is Erica’s father is away at the moment” the receptionist replied, “oh that is just great” I said as I retrieved my phone and dialled Kylie’s number. “You better get over here, I am next door at the Bay Lodge, this is run by them as well” I said to Kylie before ending the call.

“Mr Parker has given me managerial control of this property, he just banks all the money for me, and pays the bills and wages” the duty manager replied. “Lucy, Mr Shaw is the owner of both properties, and he has just learnt that my parents have stealing from the company” Erica said to the Duty Manager.

“Oh, that doesn’t sound good, I will assist in any way possible, but I have only been at this job for a few months” Lucy said, “That is good to hear Ms…”, “Alton, Lucy Alton” Lucy said. “good, now a lady by the name of Kylie Sanders will be here any moment, she is an Australian Federal Police officer, you are to assist her in any way possible, do you understand” I said to Lucy, and I saw her swallow nervously.

“Yes Mr Shaw, anything at all, as I wish to keep my job” Lucy relied, just as Kylie walked in, Kylie, this is Lucy Alton the Duty Manager, she will assist you with your enquiries, Erica, you can return to your work, and I will speak to you later” I said, and I waited for Erica to leave, before speaking to Kylie.

“Lucy here is the Duty manager, in charge of day to day running of this place, but Mr Parker does the banking, paying the bills and wages” I informed Kylie before leaving. I decided that I need to see the last of the properties that I own, so I headed to the real estate agents.

When I entered, I noticed the display board with all of the properties for sale, and I spotted a 6-bedroom, 2-bathroom property, that I thought would be ideal for staff accommodation, and I turned to walk to the reception desk.

“Hello Sir, how may I help you” the lady asked. “My name is Lewis Shaw, I have come to collect the keys for my property at Fowlers Bay, also I am interest at looking at that property at No 6, Sellenger Heights please” I asked. “Yes Mr Shaw, I am Anita, Downer, the property manager, the property at Fowlers Bay, has a three-bedroom house on it, and a secure boundary fence along the east side” the lady said.

“What about the other three sides?” I asked, “the property is right on a bay, and has water around the other three sides as the boundary” Anita responded, “Ah, I see, can we go an have a look at the property for sale first?” I replied, grinning a little, “Yes sir, just follow me in your car, and we will go there directly” Anita replied, and a few minutes later, we were on the north west end of town, parked outside the property.

“It is currently used as holiday accommodation, and is regularly booked out during the tourist season, and on school holidays” Anita explained, “Well if it is what I want, I will be asking for immediate occupancy and all current bookings will have to be cancelled” I replied, as we entered the house.

Ten minutes later I had seen the whole house and I liked it. I understand that it is currently for sale at $790 thousand, I will offer $800 thousand with a one week settlement time” I said to Anita, “well I see no problem with that offer, but the matter of the bookings could be” Anita replied, “That is your problem, not mine, you have offered it for sale, and I have made an offer, with one week settlement and sole occupancy of the property, do we have a deal?” I asked.

Anita sighed and held out her hand, “Yes Mr Shaw we have a deal” she said, as we shook hands, “now let’s get the paper work out of the way and go and see this house at Fowlers Bay” I said smiling. Once the paperwork was done and a deposit was paid for the house in town, we set off south out of town.

Twenty - five minutes later, we turned right, off the main road, onto a small gravel road, heading west, and we soon stopped at a 2 metre high Garrison fence, and the gate slowly opened, with a big sign on it – ‘Keep Out, Private Property’, and I had noticed a sign just off the main road that read – ‘Private Road, Keep Out’.

Less than two minutes later a huge house came into view, and it was very impressive, around three sides of the house, there are tall Eucalyptus trees and palm trees, that help shade the house.

“The land is 42 acres in area, and the house is built alongside a small hillside, to give it wind protection on one side, with views of the small bay, the square shaped house is raised 2.5 metres off the ground, and has a large square open courtyard in the middle, with a double garage, under each side, and a large entry foyer in the front, with a large staircase and elevator leading to the upstairs living area.

At the back on the ground floor, is a large store room and maintenance workshop, plus a power generator room in one corner, and a desalination plant in the other corner, behind the house, set into the hill are 4 large storage tanks to hold plenty of fresh water.

The whole of the roof is covered in solar panels to provide all the power required to run the house. Upstairs, is a wide- open living area, that is nearly the full width of the house, and has commanding views of the bay in one direction, and overlooks the central courtyard in the other direction, with a veranda leading off the living area.

Above the courtyard, which is a large landscaped tropical style garden, with plenty of large palm trees, ferns, hibiscus and other tropical shrubs, that surround a peanut shaped swimming pool, with a 1.5 metre-high, stone wall and a cascading waterfall.

Hidden behind the wall is the pool pump and filtration system, to keep the pool running smoothly and looking clean all the time. To the left of the living area, is a large office and library, with a private lounge and a huge master suite, with a private balcony in the corner. On the right side is the formal dining room, butler’s pantry, food stores, the large kitchen, and a laundry, with a small balcony in the corner.

From the balcony, along the back of the house, is a passageway along the front, that faces the central courtyard, and this leads to a large bedroom, a private lounge room and a 2nd large bedroom, with a large shared bathroom” Anita said describing the house as we entered the entry foyer, which has a door at each end that I presumed leads to the two garages, as we climbed the stairs.

Ten minutes later we had seen the whole house and I was very impressed with it, and decided that this would be my new home, which was spotlessly cleaned.

“I have a local lady who cleans the house once a week to keep it clean and tidy” Anita explained, “can you please inform her that she has a permanent weekly job, and that myself and my two assistants, will be moving in on Saturday” I replied, “She will be happy to know that, I will tell her as soon as we return to town” Anita said as she handed over the house keys, that included the two gate remotes.

While Anita head back to town, I walked down to the bay to check out the small jetty, at the point of the property, 500 metres from the house. Facing north into the bay, the jetty is 300 metres long, and made of solid wood pylons, and thick timber planks, with a post and railing along the western side and end, and 6 mooring posts spaced every thirty metres. Laying down and looking over the side, I saw that there is a wall of limestone rocks just one metre above the surface, that helped protect the mooring side of the jetty from waves and the wind.

Once back in town, I headed back to my accommodation suite, and telephoned the charter flight, to confirm the booking for Saturday morning, from Perth to Denham, for two passengers. Once this was done, I drove down to the Shire council building, just two blocks away.

“I am Lewis Shaw, I wanted to introduce myself, and let you know that I will be living on my property at Fowlers Bay” I said to the man at the counter. “Yes, Sir Lewis, it is a pleasure to have you in our small community, welcome. My name is David Morgan, I am the Shire CEO, we have a total of 7 councillors, 5 other office staff, not including me, 2 recreation staff and 6 works staff, please feel free to contact us a during office hours” the gentleman said to me, and we shook hands.

“Thank you for the welcome Mr Morgan, I hope to make this place my permanent home, I have a major airline business based in Broome, and two businesses here in Denham. I would like to request to build an aircraft hangar at the airport, to accommodate two small jet aircraft, that will need to come down here on occasions, and I would prefer to use local builders if you have any” I replied.

“I’m afraid we don’t, the nearest would be in Geraldton, get them to send plans for the aircraft hangar, and I will make sure that it is processed quickly” David said. Thankyou for your time, bye for now” I said, before leaving and heading back to the accommodation suite.

I tried to relax a little, but with all the drama happening, I wasn’t having much luck. When there was a knock on my door about an hours later, it was Kylie, “Come in, how are things progressing?” I said as I stepped to one side, “Lewis, it is one hell of a mess that you have inherited, but we have the Parker brothers in custody, and the wife has seemed to have disappeared, even though we have frozen all personal accounts of all three of them.

For the past six weeks, $2000 has been deposited into their personal accounts, which has come from the deposits made to the Parker Accommodation account, which they use to pay all bills and wages from.

All up I would say they have skimmed $36,000 plus paid for their living costs, and all travel costs to Perth and Geraldton on a fortnightly basis, which totals up to another $3000” Kylie announced.

We found and employment contract, which states that they are to a receive a weekly wage of $450 each, plus free accommodation, but all services bills and living costs are at their expense. The cleaners are getting a basic casual rate of $18 per hour, with 4 hours of work a day, 6 days a week, while Matthew and Edwin are getting $28 per hour, which is a reasonable rate for both of them.

Erica is getting $22 per hour for a maximum of 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, and she has informed us that she is averaging 8 to 9 hours a day, 7 days a week, as well as having to look after her younger brothers, and the staff over next door, are all being paid the correct amount” Kylie informed me. “Let Erica know, that she will be paid the money owed to her in wages, for the extra 14 hours a week, for the past 6 weeks” I said to Kylie, before she left.

By the end of the day, every villa that was vacant, was spotlessly clean, and all maintenance issues had been sorted, and I had instructed Matthew to look into large mature trees, that can be transported to Denham, to be planted in the central open area of the property, and asked to get several quotes.

Next door, the 2-administration staff, had followed my instructions to make sure that every apartment is spotlessly clean, and that all maintenance issues are reported to Matthew or Patrick, so it can be fixed quickly.

Over the next two days, I was either checking all the cleaning that had been done, and I was very happy with the results, or I was on the phone trying to get additional staff to come up and work for my company. I had set up a new business account with the bank, and all money would be now going into that account, and I put in $10,000 to help cover costs of staff wages for this week.

I had also refunded all the guests who had been forced to leave, and a painting contractor had been brought up from Geraldton, to so some painting in some of the villas, that were looking a little tired and run down.

When Saturday finally arrived, I packed my luggage, and I headed over to the airport at 11am, to collect Xavier and Wyatt, who were flying in from Perth, and they were very happy to see me again. I informed them that I have a large house, located 22 kilometres south of town, with a magnificent endless view.

Once back in town, we stopped into the supermarket, and I let the lads go ahead and load everything they thought was needed for the new house. About half an hour and $420 later, we loaded up all the supplies into the back of the Trail Blazer and set off towards our new home.

“Kylie is here with a team of AFP officers, and they are using my other vehicle, a Holden Colorado, and that will be yours to use, once they head back to Perth. It turns out that the accommodation managers that the twins had employed, where very dodgy, and were stealing from me, so they are investigating it, and already have two of the three culprits, in custody, who are brothers, and the wife of one has not yet been caught.

Their adult daughter who is not part of this, has been over worked and under paid, and there are two minors that attend the local school, who are caught up in all of this mess. I have promoted the daughter, Erica, so she can continue to live in the managers house, and look after her brothers, and she is a very good hard worker, from what I have observed so far” I said as we drove out of town.

“It looks so bare outside, no tall trees, just low shrubs all over” Wyatt commented, “Yes, such a dramatic change from London” Xavier added as they continued to stare out the windows. When we approached the turnoff, I slowed down and turned right, now heading West, and as we drove closer to the coast, the foliage grew browner and thinned out dramatically.

“I don’t like this, can we go back to town please, Xavier said to me, “I 100% agree with my brother” Wyatt added, but I continued on, until we approached the boundary, and I pressed the gate remote, and it opened for us, and I kept going, with the bay now visible to the right, and suddenly the house and trees around it appeared.

“Wow, I was not expecting this” Wyatt said, as I pulled up near the front door, and climbed out of the car, and unlocked the front door of the house, “Grab the groceries, and let’s get you both settled in” I said, as I went to the back of the car, and retrieved two boxes of groceries and headed inside and upstairs.

Eventually, the lads snapped out of their daze and followed me inside, hearing me put stuff away in the fridge, they followed the sounds and found me in the kitchen. “Wow” Xavier said, and they both stood motionless as they looked around the kitchen.

“This is one hell of a house, talk about a remote retreat” Xavier added, “Yeah, I agree with you, bro” Wyatt added. Once they had overcome their surprise, they helped to move all the groceries and supplies into the kitchen and packed away, before retrieving their two suitcases each.

“Where do we sleep Mr Lewis?” Wyatt asked me, “In the dog house out the back” I replied, looking serious as I said it, but that didn’t last long and I laughed when I saw the shocked looks on the lads faces. “Just kidding boys, go down this hall till you come to a small courtyard, on the other side there is a door that leads to your accommodations” I said to the lads, and I watched them, as they headed towards their bedrooms and private lounge.

About ten minutes later the lads returned and found me sitting in the main living area, and I was reading a book, that I found in the well-stocked library. “This is an amazing house Sir, who designed it?” Wyatt asked when they appeared.

“You will have to ask the Wagner twins, when you speak to them next time, I suspect that it was probably Sebastian who did most of it, as it has small touches of his tastes in the house” I replied.

“Oh, I’m sorry, we will go and explore the rest of the house if that is alright with you sir” Xavier said, “Yes go right ahead, the other side of the house has a library, which you can both uses, my office, my private lounge and the master suite” I replied, as I continued to read. After ten minutes, I wondered what the lads were doing, and I found them in my suite, finishing unpacking all of my luggage and putting it all away.

“You didn’t need to do that, but thankyou” I said to them as I stood at the doorway watching them work together, to get the job done quickly. When finished they faced me, “What would you like for dinner tonight sir” Wyatt asked me, “Please stop calling me sir, I don’t like it, just call me Lewis, I am not like my husband, he was used to being given first class service, I am not like that” I said to the lads.

“Very well Lewis, now, what would you like for dinner” Xavier responded, “Anything, surprise me with your talents, oh and by the way, a lady by the name of Caroline come here to clean once a week on Mondays, please be nice to her” I replied, and I headed back to the living area to continue reading.

After a delicious dinner, I went to my office to check on any emails that I may have received, and I was shocked to see that I had no internet or phone coverage. “I have to head back to town, as we have no phone coverage here, which I will need to fix tomorrow, I will be back in about an hour” I said as I headed down the stairs and out the door.

Twenty minutes later I arrived in town, and the first thing I did was to call Anita at the Real estate office, “Hello, it is Lewis Shaw here, sorry to call you after hours, but I have no mobile or internet coverage out at the house at Fowler Bay” I said, when Anita answered the call.

“Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you the other day, there is a mobile and internet satellite dish on top of that hill, behind the house, you need to go into the workshop on the ground floor, and locate the fuse box, in there you will find a switch marked Communications, you just need to flick that to on, and you should have internet and mobile coverage” Anita said to me.

“Ok thanks for that, I had to come into town to make this call, because we are so remote down there” I commented, “That you are Sir Lewis, but you have some wonderful views, how have you settled into your new home?’ Anita asked, “Very nicely thanks Anita, I have two personal assistants, that I inherited from my late husband, and they have everything under control.

Can you let Caroline know that I will be in town on Monday morning, but Wyatt and Xavier will be home when she arrives” I said, “Very well sir, she said she is very pleased to be having a regular job, Goodnight” Anita said before ending the call.

I headed back home, and as soon as I entered the foyer, I heard laughter, and I went through to the central courtyard, where the lads where enjoying the swimming pool.

“This place is so awesome sir, we have changed our minds and would like to stay” Wyatt said to me, “I am glad that you said that” I replied smiling, as I headed to the workshop, which was kitted out with all sorts of tools.

I soon located the fuse box and flicked the switch marked Communications, and headed back out, and up to my office, where I was pleased to see that I had mobile coverage and internet services again, and I began to look at all of the emails, as my mobile indicated that I had a missed call, which was from Kylie.

“Where the hell are you, it seems you have dropped out of existence” Kylie said when she answered my call. “Calm down my friend, I have moved into my new home which is about twenty clicks out of town, and I didn’t have phone or internet coverage until just a few moments ago” I replied.

“Oh ok, I was just worried that’s all” Kylie said to me, “Ok, so what’s happening?” I asked. “We found the wife, she was trying to catch a flight out of Perth to Darwin, so not only is she being charged with fraud, but also Child Abandonment” Kylie informed me.

“Don’t worry about Erica and her brothers, I will make sure they are well looked after” I said, “Thanks mate, I will talk to you soon, we are heading back to the capital, now that we have all the information that we need, good luck with your new businesses” Kylie said before ending the call.

Within a month, we had commenced the flights from Broome to the Indian Ocean Territories of Australia, and the Australian Government had ceased flights from Asia into Christmas and Cocos Keeling Islands, forcing the Asian tourists to travel to Darwin and Broome first, which had more stricter Boarder security measures in place.

I had decided to not have flights from Darwin to Broome, as that is fairly well covered by other airlines, instead I would be soon starting flights from Broome to Denham, via Exmouth, in the smaller business jets, that can seat 14 passengers, with the Broome to Exmouth flight taking 2 hours, and the Exmouth to Denham flight taking 1 hour, that will be three days a week from Broome, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and return flights the following day.

IOA – Indian Ocean Air, was now providing 3 flights a week from Broome to the Chagos Archipelago, with a refuelling stop at the Cocos Keeling Islands, taking 8 hours in total departs Broome at 8am, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with return flights on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with the first stage of the flight taking 4 hours, and the second stage taking 4 hours, with a maximum of 46 passengers on each flight.

Flights from Broome to the Cocos Keeling Islands, with a stop at Christmas Island, takes 7 hours to complete, which departs Broome 3 hours after the Chagos Flight, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and returns the following day.

I had also distributed the first lot of money to the Shires of the Cocos Keeling Island, Christmas Island, and the Chief Council of Chagos Archipelago, to assist with improvements to the three island groups, to tidy up the islands, and improve the presentation for visiting tourists. Thinking that this was a one - off gift, each council made sure that the money was put to good use.

About three months later I received an unexpected email from the Wagner twins. “Dearest brother in law, it has been decided that the Ocean Research tower, that was located offshore from Serpent Island, Italy, will be given away as a gift, and after advertising world-wide and receiving tens of thousands of requests for the tower, we have selected the successful applicant, that being the CI Resort, Ethel Beach, Christmas Island.

Yes, that is right, the manager at the resort had sent in an application, unaware that you are the owner, and Wagner International is the former owners of the Resort. The manager plans to have the tower anchored just 80 metres off Ethel Beach, and it will be used as an executive retreat. Regards Louis and Joachim Wagner”.

I printed out the email, and placed it in the lad’s private lounge, for them to see when hey return from a shopping trip in Denham, chuckling to myself, at the thought of their reactions.

I had recommenced studies in Law, having already completed one year, and the Justice of the Peace Training Course, with 2 years remaining for the BA in Law, then another 3 years for a Masters in Law. It is a long journey of studies, but I knew that I was bright enough to get through it.

So, for the next two years, after having worked on the accommodation businesses in Denham, being in a better condition, I made regular trips to Perth, to attend essential lectures, that could not be done online. The trip entailed catching the IOA flight from Denham to Broome, via Exmouth, then a Qantas flight to Perth, although it was longer in travel time, it was a lot cheaper for me in the long run. I had bought a small apartment in East Perth, and bought a small car, so as to make getting to the University in Crawley, a lot easier.

Wyatt and Xavier were really enjoying their new life in outback Western Australia, and I had given them a project of their own, to plant salt resistant Eucalypt trees and shrubs, all over the property, with reticulation piping, to keep the trees watered in the hash sunny conditions.

Low shrubs were planted along the top and sides of the hill, so as not to interfere with the solar panels and the satellite dish, while the low land areas, were planted with a variety of Eucalyptus trees, spaced 4 metres apart, with over 5600 trees and shrubs planted, turning the property into a Eucalyptus forest, and making it impossible to see the house from the front gate, or most parts of the bay.

Wyatt and Xavier were very proud of their little forest, with most of the trees being 1.5 metres tall, when they were planted, and two rows of trees that are 3 metres tall along the fence line.

The lads had left small pockets of land unplanted, so as to have four - 6 metre diameter hexagon gazebos built there, that have half walls and two entry points, seating around the inside wall on four sides, plus a round table in the middle, where a gas fired barbeque is positioned in the middle to provide outdoor cooking facilities.

Each of the seats, are unusually wide at 800 millimetres, and are 2.4 metres long, to seat a maximum of 5 people per seat, with cushioned seats, that can be used as a mattress for a total of 4 people to sleep on, in each gazebo. Each gazebo is at least 300 metres away from the main house, and the other gazebos, and each one has solar panels on the roof, to provide lighting and power points.

After two years of hard studies and a heck of a lot of travelling, graduation day had arrived for my BA degree in Law, and the twins and I flew down to Perth for the event, to be held Hackett Hall at the Crawley Campus of the University, and a little under an hour later, after all the speeches had been made, and most of the names of my classmates had been read out, my name was called out, and standing from my seat in the second row of graduates, near the front of the hall, I walked up to the stage to receive my degree from the Universities Dan of Law and the Vice Chancellor.

“Although Mr Lewis is a rural student, he has managed to be the top of his class in all subjects, and is the winner of the Philip Lionel Sharp Memorial Prize in Law, congratulations Mr Shaw” the Vice Chancellor announced, as he handed me the Award Certificate. This is when I heard lots of cheering, which I expected to be coming from Wyatt and Xavier, as I searched for them in the crowd, and soon spotted them.

What I had not expected, was to see the Wagner twins sitting next to them, being just as vocal and loud with their cheers and applause, but what I had not expected to see was… as I felt faint and started to blackout. Was I seeing the face of ?

When I came too, I was in a small room somewhere, and a doctor was checking my vitals, close by were Wyatt, Xavier, Louis and Joachim, and the face of my presumed late husband – Sebastian, and I fainted again.

When I came too for the second time, there was just the Wagner twins in the room, and they both had worried looks on their faces. “What… what are you guys doing here, and was I imagining it or did I really see Sebastian?” I said, “Hello Lewis, we came to see you graduate from university, and it is a long story, but yes that is Sebastian, and he is alive, and well, and he has been in hiding, after the staged accident, we will tell you all about it once you have rested” Joachim replied.

An hour later, I was discharged from the University’s nursing post, and the twins were there to take me to a hotel where they had hotel suites, and together we sat down, and over the next forty minutes they explained that Sebastian had received a number of death threats, and three attempts made on his life.

So, it was decided by the three brothers, that they would stage his accidental death, and sneak him out of Switzerland, and into Lichtenstein, where he has been in hiding for the past 2 ½ years, until the Interpol Authorities had investigated, and eventually caught the Italian Mafia gang members, who had made the threats and attempted murder hits on Sebastian.

Now that they had been tried and convicted, and are now in a maximum-security prison for a very long time, that he was finally able to relax and rejoin the world once more.

When I looked up and spotted Sebastian standing at the doorway, I stood up and rushed into his arms and started crying, so pleased that Sebastian was not really dead, as I had missed him so much, even after we had separated. After dinner in the suite and some more crying, the twins went to their adjoining suites, and Sebastian and I went to bed together, where I fell asleep quickly, in the arms of my husband.

The End

Copyright © 2019 quokka; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 8
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. Lewis sorts out the apartments and with Kylie’s help help the fraud gets sorted as well. He moves into his new house with Wyatt and Xavier as his staff. Restores the airline to operational use. Then he spends two years getting his BA degree in law, when he goes to receive his degree we get the ultimate surprise that Sebastian isn’t dead.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A lot of action in a short space.  While more detail would have elongated the story, I do believe your focus makes for a wonderful read.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Bft said:

An interesting story, but what happened to Xander? 

If you want to find out what happens to Xander you need to read New Life on The Swan

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

If you want to find out what happens to Xander you need to read New Life on The Swan

 

Thanks Chris

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..