Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 4,308 Words
  • 4,833 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Makarovia? Where The Hell Is That? Freshman Year - 17. Chapter 17

We said goodnight to Olek and Queen Alla…I still wasn’t used to thinking of her as Mom. Not yet. She was Queen! Going back to our room, Peter was…quiet as we strolled down the corridor. Don’t be mistaken, Peter was no wimp or someone that needed protecting, but I felt protective of him. What happened in his life had shaped him and he lacked…confidence about somethings about Makarovia and himself. Once behind our room door, I turned him around and kissed him hard. He responded pretty readily, but…

“So, he kissed me,” I smirked at Peter who was looking away a little embarrassed. “You know it didn’t mean anything. He’s straight as an arrow. It wasn’t a kiss of love. It was a kiss, to show he was willing to change.”

Peter rolled his eyes and nodded. “I know, but…”

“He did it to prove he was trying.” I grinned. “So, is there a problem?”

“I’m trying not to get jealous…I know it’s stupid, but…I am!” Peter grinned hugging me. “You…” he kissed me gently, “…belong…” he said as his fingers ran over me, “to me.”

I chuckled. “That’s…very primal of you…but kind of sexy.” I nodded smiling. “Yes, I do belong to you and you belong to me,” I said pulling him toward the bed. “You care to stake your claim? Do you need to pound your chest or anything?”

He gave a soft Tarzan like yell and did pound his chest, but was smiling. “No.” He nodded as he chuckled. “I intend to stake my claim. You can claim me.”

He wasn’t too upset, just annoyed.

 

The next couple of days I found out a lot more about Makarovia. What started this new discovery for me was as we walked through the palace, I noticed a guard that…well…his uniform was too big for him. Looking at him, I was kind of shocked. He looked…like a teenager…a very bored teenager.

I looked at Peter. “Okay, what’s his story?” I thumbed toward the teenager as I looked passing him by.

Peter looked at the guard and chuckled. “He’s just training. He just started.”

“Training,” I repeated and looked back at the…kid.

Peter nodded with a sigh as he took my hand and was leading me on down the corridor. “The problem with a population like ours…is the workforce.”

I nodded. “Having a population that has so many homosexuals…doesn’t increase the population.”

Peter nodded again. “That’s right. There are plenty of regular couples in Makarovia that have regular families. Generations of family. There is another source of population growth, that’s immigration. That is somewhat slow in the past.”

I hadn’t thought of it. “That makes sense. What about unemployment?” I was wondering how they dealt with that here.

Peter shook his head. “We don’t have any.”

“None!?” I asked in disbelief. “None,” I said as a statement to confirm that.

“No,” Peter said sadly. “In fact, we have more jobs available than we have workers.”

I froze making us stop. “What about the disabled or homeless? You have to have that.”

Peter nodded. “There is no homeless.” He waved at the outside world. “No one would be homeless in this environment in the winter. Disabled…if they live here…we have ways of dealing with them, usually, that’s family or friends. They can get assistance if needed.”

“You give them money?”

Peter’s head went back a little. “What!? No!” He sighed, pinching his nose and frowned. “Look, things are not perfect here, at all, but we don’t have things like squatters or…people who abuse the system by lying saying they are sick when they aren’t. Things can be tough and the people are tough in Makarovia because of that. There are harsh things here. There are sad cases that come up where there are fires in the winter because of the need to have heat.” He shrugged. “The sad part is…during the winter when it snows and so cold, depending on where they live…there are some in remote areas that often die not because of the fire, but the cold or lack of assistance because we can’t get to them…especially in the outlying areas. They die due to lack of food and supplies…this isn’t a part of the world that is easy at all. If someone is unprepared for this part of the world…they will die.” He said simply. “No one just wanders here and stays in the streets. They will die. Are there criminals? Sure, we have thefts, spats and even some that are a little crazy, but criminals need somewhere to go. If they have no home here, where do they take the stuff they’ve stolen? Murder? Sure, we have them, but again…how do they get away? We usually know who it is. Where do they go?” He looked me in the eyes. “Life here can be great, but it’s not for the weak or unprepared.” He jutted his head toward the young guy in the uniform. “He is a high school graduate. He just started his mandatory two years of service.”

I heard of other countries that did that. “Mandatory military?”

Peter laughed, shaking his head. “Not necessarily military. When a young person graduates, he or she chooses something. Be it military, like him…or some service to the crown. Or should I say, to Makarovia. They are often military or…” he chuckled, “areas like waste disposal…or if they’re grades are good enough and they completed high school…they can do clerical and office work at various government offices around Makarovia. After their mandatory service ends, they can stay at whatever job they have…or look for other employment here.”

“What about college?”

He shook his head. “The best is here, in Stryia, but there are limited choices. It’s vocational mostly. Of course, there is law enforcement and other vocational choices, but things like pre-law or pre-med…they have to go outside of Makarovia. When they do…they don’t necessarily come back. That’s our problem.” He looked a little sad for a moment. “Life here right now is very nice.” Then he looked at me. “I’m not going to lie to you. It is pretty now, it’s the beginning of summer, but it can be very hard…particularly in the winter. I want you to see the good here, but there is a lot that’s not so good.”

I looked at the young man and then back to Peter. “I guess so.” I took his hand and patted him on the chest. “I’ll find out for myself, I suppose.” I pulled him into a hug, but I saw uncertainty in his eyes. “I’m not leaving, Peter. Please, don’t worry about that. Please, believe that.”

He nodded, but I could see he wasn’t convinced.

“Well, I’ll prove it to you.” I smiled kissing him. “I just won’t.” I shrugged. “You’ll see.” I saw him still looking unsure. “Yes, Peter…I’ve had a kind of fairy tale so far.” I watched his eyes widen. “Oh, come on…you are Prince Charming!”

His eyes widened even more. “Wait, I’m Prince Charming? That’s nice, but you certainly are not Cinderella.” He grinned.

“Thank you.” I smiled. “Besides, I would look terrible in a ball gown. I’m not a crossdresser or drag queen.” Then I looked at him. “Are there drag queens in Makarovia?”

Peter gave a slight nod and shrug. “Men and women with gender issues? Sure.” He smiled. “A fairy tale?”

“Sure.” I nodded taking his hand. “I meet this guy at school…he turns out to be a real-life prince and I fell in love. Now, I’m here with him about to marry him. Yes, it is a fairy tale.” I looked in his eyes. “I love you, Peter. I don’t care about this.” I waved at the castle surrounding us. “We could live in a cardboard box for all I care. You love me. I love you. This has been unexpected, but it’s been nonstop excitement.” I got closer. “I also know that because of things in the past, you had a…difficult time. I am starting to understand more about that, but…I’m never leaving you, Peter. Please. Know I won’t.”

Peter smiled now, a little more relaxed. “Yes, you are more understanding; you said you were aroused by me before I got rid of the acne.”

I bounced slightly. “I was!” I pulled him into a gentle kiss. “I loved you then and I do now. You’re a good man, Peter. I’m glad you invited me to be included in your life.”

“I just don’t want to deceive you,” Peter said seriously. “There could be problems in the future.”

I nodded. “That’s true with everyone. We’ll deal with it together. Okay?”

He nodded with a more relaxed smile. “Okay.”

I knew this would be an ongoing battle for him to accept I wasn’t scared away.

 

Then there was a new portion of this vast fortress I got to see. I had no idea what was below the palace portion of this castle. I knew they had rooms for the people in ancient times to protect as many in the village when they were attacked. The palace was pretty. It didn’t have the opulence of some, but the people that were a part of the kingdom had worked…artisans and various workers to make what they had to work with…pretty. Right below the palace was unexpected by me. Peter and I were escorted by Queen Alla to this…vast room! It wasn’t a church or chapel. It was a ballroom…sort of. The fortress was tall and wide and this room took up most of what was below. Below the palace were many rooms, but this was different. In this big room which stood about two or three floors and open. Hundreds of people could be in this chamber and stand with their arms out and not touch anyone. The floor wasn’t marble, but stone like most of the floors above was polished and gleamed under the lights. Stone pillars held the ceiling up which was arched, almost like the pillars descended from the ceiling and just hadn’t let go or sprung from the pillars themselves. In my mind I could see this was old and was lit by torches instead of the electric lights there were now. It was ageless. There was a checkboard like pattern that spread from wall to wall. Again there weren’t big windows up here to prevent attackers from getting in, but there were many small windows to let light in. Here there were chandeliers hung down that were covered now, but a few crystals were clear hanging from underneath the sheet-like covers and reflected light.

Queen Alla walked in with her heels echoing through the vast empty room.

“There will be tables set up along those walls.” She pointed to the far wall. “The ceremony will take place over there.” She pointed to the wall on the left. “There will be a raised portion erected there where Peter will do the actual proposal. Peter will inform the people assembled what his intentions are. They will be asked a series of questions which they will answer and the answer recorded. I did the same thing, that’s why after my Olek died, I was still Queen, I took a vow to the people to be that Queen, I still have a job to do.” She said. “Then Olek will ask you some questions, Eric, about what your intentions are for Peter, but mostly about what you intend to do for Makarovia. Once that’s done, Peter will ask you to marry him.” She said simply.

I grinned as my eyebrows rose, looking at Peter. “You must know what my answer will be to do this.”

Peter grinned and kissed me. “You can always change your mind.”

“After all this, how can I?” I said feeling him pull me closer next to him. “I told you. A cardboard box I’d share with you. This…” I waved at the chamber, “…is nice, but not why I’m marrying you.”

Peter smiled. “I know.”

Queen Alla smiled but went on. “Then…in a year…you two will be married here.” Now she was beginning to cry, but not unhappy from her own memory of something. “You’re father and I were married here.” She said taking Peter’s other hand and arm. She pointed to where the wedding took place. “Right there. He was so handsome.” She smiled at Peter. “Just like you are. I see so much of him in you. Now my baby is marrying the one he loves, in the very same place.” She ran her hand over his face. “He would be so proud of the man you became.”

Peter never looked away, but the emotion was in his voice. “I hope so.”

“He is, believe me.” She stated and kissed him on the cheek. “And I am so proud of you, Peter.” Then she cleared her throat and smiled at me. “When I met you that night at the hotel in Washington…I was so happy Peter made a friend!” She chuckled. “I was thrilled he was on a date with that friend. By the end of that night, I knew you would be perfect for not only Peter but Makarovia. You love my son, I saw that. You’re smart and kind. You are more than willing to share that with Makarovia.” She shook her head and she got serious. “I know what is happening here…just hasn’t been ever done; a prince is marrying a man because he truly loves him? That attracted people even more than the discovery of the uranium.

“I think everyone was shocked at Makarovia’s reaction to this…and your reaction to it.” I pointed out.

She nodded. “And that’s why there will be coverage of a lot of what you do.” She looked at me seriously. “Do you think you’ll be alright with that?”

“Of course, not,” I said honestly. “It is whether I’m alright with it or not. I’ll just…deal with it.”

She nodded again. “I bring that up, because…this proposal and wedding will be broadcasted.” She pointed back toward the entrance. “There will be camera crews right there to record this event.”

“And reporters as well.” I nodded knowing the answer before she gave her answer.

“You handled that interview with Mr. Cooper very well.” Queen Alla said. “I think you can handle some other reporters.”

I shrugged. “Again…it will happen. I’ll deal with it. I won’t do anything to embarrass Makarovia or the family.” I squeezed Peter’s hand. “Or you.”

Queen Alla smiled. “I just need you to remember that. There are some requests from groups that want to be here for the wedding…they may not know about this proposal. Perhaps you can invite them?”

“Groups?” I asked. “You mean LGBT groups?” Using the English letters for the group she had to think about it. “Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender,” I explained in Makarovian.

“Oh, yes. They will want to be here, too.” Queen Alla nodded understanding now. “Who you invite for the proposal is your business.” She said.

I thought about what I’d seen in Stryia. “I don’t remember seeing a big hotel here.”

Peter shook his head. “There is no Holiday Inn or Hiott here. We have an inn here, but it’s not a chain. We don’t really have that much tourism.”

“But you will!” I pointed out. “Can we handle all these guests?”

Queen Alla nodded. “To a point. We have rooms in the palace and the inn…if more is needed, we’ll ask the people of Makarovia. They will welcome those that come to help.”

I frowned. “They will welcome strangers? Not only from the United States…England or Germany…France?”

“Don’t forget…” Peter pointed out. “The temporary housing in Skoal. As the permanent houses are finished for the new personnel, people will move out…but if more is needed, other temporary housing will be provided. The number of people coming will be monitored. Olek has it under control.”

I nodded. “Well, hasn’t that been a problem?” I asked now understanding the great burden on Olek.

Peter looked puzzled a moment.

“Okay,” I said quietly moving closer to Peter. “Olek has always taken control,” I said. “He’s under so much stress…he hadn’t gone on a vacation in years!” I pressed my forehead against his. “We need to ask him about this issue and take some of these jobs from him. I know, we’ve only just got here and we will be back at school at the end of August for another year. Olek has done a great job! This is our proposal and wedding…I know it’s a function for Makarovia and the people will gladly help, but shouldn’t we know what the plans are…or even make them ourselves for this extra people?” I looked at Queen Alla. “What newsgroups are we having here?”

“For the proposal?” She thought. “Several from the United States and England…”

I nodded. “The BBC?”

She nodded. “Yes.”

“Thanks…” I grinned at her, “…Mom.” I had to make that come out.

She smiled bigger when I used the name.

“I’m sure we have a lot to cover…” I said to Peter. “But I need to do some research!”

“You’re bringing your grandmother for the proposal, aren’t you?” Queen Alla said it so it wasn’t a question.

“I guess I better.” I bounced.

 

Back in our room, I pulled up the web browser and researched the internet. Fortunately, his keyboard had English letters on it, and I made sure the web browser was in English as well. Peter was looking over my shoulder at the monitor as I typed quickly.

“Isn’t there Logo or something?” Peter asked.

I nodded. “Sure.” I looked at him. “Logo is fine…there are networks like CNN that have gay reporters…like Anderson Cooper, but the BBC is going to be here…all I want to do is find one with the BBC and invite him to be here.”

“Why not just invite Mr. Cooper again?” Peter asked.

“I might, but…” I held up my finger to him as I looked at what I found. “Yes!” I turned quickly to Peter and I could see he wasn’t understanding about what I was doing. Smiling, I took his hand and led him to the couch. “This is going to be an International event. That was the BBC’s website. International coverage should be included. I remembered a reporter that worked with them. He is most assuredly gay. He’s married to a man and doesn’t hide anything. He’s also outspoken, even made some enemies because if it. He even badmouthed one of those…ministers of something or other about his…narrow minded primitive views on homosexuality.” I watched as I didn’t see he understood why that was important. “Peter, this is bigger than a prince marrying a commoner. You do understand that, right?”

He gave a grudging nod. “Sort of.”

“You are a man…a prince…marrying a man!” I said. “That’s never been done!” I smiled, pulling him closer to me as I pressed my lips to his. “I love it that you can’t understand!” I shook my head relishing the very idea and said again. “You were raised here! No one’s ever called you a faggot! Or ever felt your life was in danger because of someone you love. That’s the beauty here in Makarovia!” I pressed on my chest. “I was raised in the South! Things are better there now, but there are people…just plain ignorant people in the world that will never accept it. General David Burke is one, but he’s trying to change. Others won’t. If they could get away with, take my life for being gay! Many of us had their life taken because they were gay. Parents will throw their underage children in the street to fend for themselves because they’re gay!”

Peter shook his head. “I just don’t understand that.”

I brought him in for a deep kiss. “I know! You don’t! You can’t!” I closed my eyes loving that he couldn’t. “Baby, I love it that you don’t. When did your mother and brother know you were gay?”

Now, he blushed a little but smiled a little embarrassed. “Well, I was about thirteen or fourteen.” He chuckled. “I had been…jerking off for a few years by then. My thoughts when I would…well…I spoke to one of the guards.”

“Did you?”

Peter now avoided looking at me and he nodded again. “He was…like that young man you saw in training in the corridor; young and not bad looking.” He grinned. “And blonde.” He chuckled knowing what my reaction would be hearing that.

I rolled my eyes. “Really.”

He shrugged. “I hadn’t met you yet!” He said simply.

“And what exactly did you ask him?”

“I asked him if he ever jerked off,” Peter said again simply. “He had been here a few weeks and he was always friendly with me…” he waved at his face. “He didn’t care about my face or body. I just asked if he knew of…or found a better way.”

“Wow. You must have trusted him.” I grinned. “He was a friend.”

“Probably one of the only ones I made before, but yes…” Peter grinned. “But I was terrified. The truth was…I would have done it with him. I was sorting of hoping he would have sex with me.”

“You were brave to do that,” I said impressed. “Most guys would never have had the courage to do that.” I moved so he had to look me in the eyes. “And?”

Peter’s eyebrows waggled briefly. “He showed me.”

I grinned because he was so embarrassed. “So, he was one of the…”

Peter looked up understanding what I was saying. “No…he preferred women, but showed me some good things…like the lube I have here. We did jerk off together a few times. It was better than just…jerking off for myself because I had a live guy right there with his cock out. He let me touch him even, but we never had sex. He offered to give me some magazines…computer websites are better I found from the websites I saw in the magazines, but…the magazines he had were of women and I didn’t get aroused by them. However, there were sections that had men in them…now that aroused me. I told him and…well…he got me some magazines with guys and I was happy a while. Only some of those sites charged, but I didn’t know that…until Mom came and told me.” He chuckled scratching his ear. “I didn’t have to tell I was gay, not after she read the addresses…Cocks, Butch Bears, Jerk Off Boys…”

“She wasn’t mad about the sites?”

“No.” Peter grinned. “She just cautioned me to do more research and find out if there’s a charge first. She said one or two memberships were fine, as long as they were safe…” He chuckled, “from computer viruses and all.”

“See!?” I said tapping him on the shoulder. “I would be mortified if my mother knew I jerked off! She probably knew, but…she didn’t tell you, you shouldn’t or anything?”

Peter shook his head again surprised. “No. It was Olek that talked to me, though. He said it was every human being with a penis did it. Young or old, every single male finds out and perfects how to jerk off. It was just…a male thing to do.”

I nodded. “That is so nice. I had a friend that was so ashamed when his parents found out he was jerking off, they made him feel like it was wrong. Most homes in America, the young men in the house know to hide when they do to keep the parents from finding out.”

“Why?” He shook his head. “Olek told me it was what we were made for…sex. Olek even told me he did it and I know he still does.”

I smiled again more. “You were never felt or feel it was wrong?”

Peter shook his head. “Never.” He waved at the computer. “If it’s so wrong…I’ve seen hundreds of guys…probably thousands of guys willing to do it and let everyone watch. Some aren’t even paid to do it!”

“A lot of it has to do with religions. So often they hit us right on the dinner plate and in the bedroom!” I groaned. “We are told not to eat things and no sex.”

Peter nodded. “Olek just cautioned me to be careful.” He chuckled. “I think it was a relief to them both that I did like men, no unplanned pregnancies. He just cautioned me to enjoy how it feels, but when I involved another person to never forget that was a person, not an object.”

“What about diseases or infections?”

Peter nodded. “Sure, there were things brought in, but most of our people don’t travel that much and people don’t come here that much.”

I nodded. “Now they will.” It was so nice to meet people that seemed to know more about human nature and accepted it so easily. “You say that life is tough here.” I nodded. “I will find out. There are things in Makarovia that are hard, but I’m telling you, Peter…” I pulled him to me, kissing him deeply, “I am so jealous of the life you were raised in. Things will change in Makarovia. We need to prepare for it, but the fact you don’t really know fear because you’re gay and your family knew you were just human is so…WONDERFUL! No guilt because you are human…I love Makarovia!!” I said as he began pulling on my shirt to take it off me. “I love you, Peter.”

He nodded. “I love you, too.” Then he grinned. “We’ll stake our claims again. You’re mine, Eric.”

I grinned as I felt his hands come over my chest and around me. “And you’re mine, Peter.” I said as he began kissing his way across my neck.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 46
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m glad Peter & Eric are using their influence to get more LGBTQ journalists invited to cover their lives. And with Eric helping Peter, hopefully there won’t be any embarrassing statements as often get quoted when a young LGBTQ celebrity first Comes Out. Eric at least has a basic grasp of LGBTQ history, something that isn’t usually taught in schools – although California passed legislation requiring LGBTQ history to be included in public schools (but, of course, there are a few retrograde schools districts that are resisting).  ;-)

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

This story has shimmered with the glow of a fairy tale. The prince and commoner fall in love and the prince sweeps the commoner back to his castle to be married. It is an enchanted place. We now begin to see there is a darker and brutal side to life in Makarovia. They have lived this way for so long they are harden by the reality of their existence. The reality makes Peter sad, but he accepts it because until now there was no way to make any of it better. You can only do so much with the resources you possess. Eric is beginning to see the immensity of the job he will be taking on. He has a year long trial period about to stretch out before him. Can he and Peter really afford to return to school so soon after Eric makes his pledge to Makarovia? Somehow it doesn't seem right with so much to be done.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am still really enjoying this story! Peter is getting more secure in himself and his relationship with Eric, but I wish he could finally get past his insecurities. Can't wait for more! Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think Eric has the right idea about what press to invite to the engagement dinner and ceremony, if they invite someone who doesn't have any ties to the gay community then they stand a chance that the article won't come out the way they want it to. Eric did a bit of searching for the right people who were like them, and he found out that the BBC has a gay reporter from the BBC. Thank you

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2017 at 8:25 AM, drpaladin said:

This story has shimmered with the glow of a fairy tale. The prince and commoner fall in love and the prince sweeps the commoner back to his castle to be married. It is an enchanted place. We now begin to see there is a darker and brutal side to life in Makarovia. They have lived this way for so long they are harden by the reality of their existence. The reality makes Peter sad, but he accepts it because until now there was no way to make any of it better. You can only do so much with the resources you possess. Eric is beginning to see the immensity of the job he will be taking on. He has a year long trial period about to stretch out before him. Can he and Peter really afford to return to school so soon after Eric makes his pledge to Makarovia? Somehow it doesn't seem right with so much to be done.

I was catching up with my stories.  They are my future and will last after I'm gone.  Nothing's wrong, but I failed to see the level of support you gave and words of encouragement.  I never said thank you.  THANK YOU.  If I offended you, ever.  I'm sorry.  Thank you again.  :wub:

Link to comment

Great chapter love ❤️ it.

 I hope that someday we will be respected and treated the same as the so called straight people.👨‍❤️‍👨

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..