Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GWM - 1. Chapter 1 of 18

The first two chapters. I'll add a new one every other night.

Nick

Nick’s letter was bland. But bland looked pretty good in a batch where one -- it could be called a “note”-- could have been scribbled in crayon on torn paper bag. That one said, “I like big salami.” The tortured breathing was implied.
Nick’s letter said, “Hi, I’d like to meet you. We might have a lot in common.” Then there’d been a simple description -- “5'-11", red-haired, athletic.”
Harry answered. Nick wrote back. Soon they were set to meet.
“Stop by my office,” Nick suggested. “It’s private, but public enough so you’ll feel safe.”
He seemed to know Harry had never done this before.
Could he tell Harry had never done anything?
The office was in the Soc. Building, a converted, red-brick dorm. Sociologists didn’t have a lot of pull on campus. The drop-ceilinged lobby was dark, the hallways empty and gloomy. At the crowded department office, Harry barely slipped through the narrowed doorway.
Egg-crate florescents lit the room. A worn secretary hacked a battered keyboard at a surplus desk. The longer Harry waited, the longer she typed.
“Is Nick here?” he finally asked. He didn’t know Nick’s last name. “Dr...?”
The secretary glared at him. Harry repeated his question. The woman thrust her chin toward a peeling door.
It wasn’t what Harry had imagined.
Still, he moved toward Nick’s door. Stacked papers and books threatened to tumble as he passed. The air smelled wet.
He knocked.
A welcoming voice shouted, “Come in! Come in!” and, despite everything, Harry thought this could turn out fine.
But “5'-11", red-haired, athletic,” offers quite a range. Harry had pictured a fairly average, passably good-looking guy like himself. Maybe auburn-haired. Maybe, if he were really lucky, strawberry-blond.
Opening the door, he faced a bald, aging Howdy Doody.
“Come in,” Nick said again. Grinning.
Harry wanted to run, but he’d been raised a gentleman. Slowly entering, he casually left the door open.
Nick quickly shut it.
“Sit,” he said.
At least, it wasn’t, “Roll over.”
Harry sat. In a chair so old that pilots leaving to bomb North Korea had probably strained its seat.
Nick perched on the edge of his cluttered desk. Inches away. On his bulletin board, snapshots traced three red-haired kids from birth through their early teens. There were also pictures of a woman. Along with his mint poly shirt and lobster pants, Nick wore a wedding ring.
Harry started to panic, then realized that was stupid. He just had to talk with the guy. Five minutes. Then he was free.
“You look younger,” Nick began. He’d been silently appraising Harry. “Younger than I thought.”
“Good genes,” Harry muttered.
“Be thankful.” Nick patted his unencumbered head. He seemed at ease, and Harry knew he wasn’t helping any, sitting mainly inert. But conversation suddenly seemed hard.
“It’s an odd name,” Nick went on, pleasantly filling gaps. “For someone your age.”
“It’s Harris, actually. Family name.” He tried to sound interested. Interesting.
Nick grinned.
Harry told himself to relax. This could be endured. If he’d just start talking, politely, he’d be out of there before this was memory.
“Those your kids?” he asked. Indicating the wall.
Nick laughed. “Every one of them.”
“You’re married?” It came out an accusation, and Harry smiled to offset it. “I mean, still?”
Was that better?
Nick simply nodded.
“Your wife know?” Harry went on. He meant to sound curious, but seemed like the Inquisition.
“Yes,” Nick said. Patiently.
He moved from his desk, casually motioned Harry to his feet.
Harry stood, though he didn’t know why.
Nick hugged him.
Harry tensed.
“Relax,” Nick said. Gently massaging Harry’s shoulders. “Or is this all muscle?”
Harry tried to smile.
“It’s all right,” Nick assured him.
He moved to kiss Harry.
Harry turned away.
“Relax,” Nick said again.
His fingertips inched into Harry’s shirt, tenderly stroking his chest.
Harry started to sweat.
He delicately traced Harry’s collarbone.
Harry forgot to breathe.
He began unbuttoning Harry’s shirt.
“I really just came...” Harry started. “I thought we were going to... You said to stop by and talk.”
He wanted to howl, “I’m not that kind of guy!” but realized it was a bit late. Instead, he said, “There’s a secretary outside. She can probably hear.”
“Joy wears a headset under all that hair,” Nick assured him. “She’s always listening to 60s rock. She’s as good as deaf.”
He slipped his hand past Harry’s belt. Eased into his shorts.
Harry jerked back. There was no grace.
“I need to know you first,” Harry insisted. Sure he sounded like a fool.
Nick only smiled. He had a good smile and seemed to know it. Harry pictured himself being debauched on a desk, all for good teeth.
“You’re a good-looking guy,” Nick said.
“I know what I look like.”
“Your notes were wonderful.”
This was a pro.
“How long have you been doing this?” Harry asked.
Nick smiled again.
“How long?”
Nick struck.
“You know why you’re here,” he said. Opening Harry’s shirt. “You know what you need.”
Harry’s chest was bare. His belt buckle popped. He heard his zipper descend.
“Hands off!” he yelped. “Damn it!”
Nick backed away. Hands charmingly in the air.
“We’ll do what you’d like,” he said. Grinning. “If that’s what you’d like.”
“What do you want?” Harry asked. Angry now. Openly. “A wife and kids? Or a lover?”
“Both,” Nick said. Without hesitation. Smiling that smile.
“I’m not like that,” Harry insisted. He was clearly on his way out, but stupidly felt obliged to explain. “I won’t sleep with someone I don’t love.”
Nick only laughed. Kindly. But he kept laughing. Finally, he said, “You’re just not ready.”
Moments later, Harry was outside again. Standing on the wide, green lawn. Warmed by the clear April day.
Feeling very naive.

copyright 2011 by Richard Eisbrouch
  • Like 25
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/23/2016 03:45 PM, Lisa said:

Good for Harry to stand his ground. :)

 

Nick seemed kind of creepy. lol

Nick is just the beginning.

Link to comment

This Nick guy is a piece of work, an audacious lecher. I can't stand that kind
of person. I hope he's only a marginal character...

Link to comment
On 11/23/2016 08:27 PM, Stephen said:

This Nick guy is a piece of work, an audacious lecher. I can't stand that kind

of person. I hope he's only a marginal character...

That's the last of Nick. Harry's not stupid. Though, obviously, he sleeps with a more interesting married guy almost immediately. He's got a lot to learn.

 

There are some continuing characters, but, basically, each chapter focuses on one of Harry's relationships as he learns.

Link to comment
On 11/23/2016 09:26 PM, droughtquake said:

I think I started to read this on one of your blogs…

Yep, the first chapter is both on one of my fiction blogs, and I think leads the online sales blurb.

Link to comment

Good for Harry for insisting on backing off. You make me glad to have avoided sociology. The shame is that Nick will have other victims.

Link to comment
On 12/08/2016 02:20 AM, Parker Owens said:

Good for Harry for insisting on backing off. You make me glad to have avoided sociology. The shame is that Nick will have other victims.

I'm not sure all the guys Nick meets are victims. Some are probably perfectly happy to have sex with him. As Nick says, Harry just wasn't ready.

Link to comment

Nice start. I remember... very vaguely being naive or maybe I was just ignorant. Looking forward to watching Harry grow.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..