Jump to content
    Ronyx
  • Author
  • 3,313 Words
  • 2,061 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dancing with Madonna - 14. Chapter 14

Kyle and Donnie were in the cafeteria before the start of school. Donnie was now picking Kyle up, so he didn’t have to worry about walking to school. He only had to get used to the smirks they would receive when Donnie pulled up into the parking lot in his white Focus with red lettering on the side.

Donnie glanced over at the cafeteria door and said, “Look!” Kyle turned to see Brad entering. He was alone, but he quickly walked over to a table with other football players.

Donnie asked Kyle, “I thought he was locked up?”

“That’s what I heard,” he replied. They looked back over at the table where Brad sat. “I thought he was.”

Donnie asked worriedly, “Do you think he’ll hurt you?”

Kyle glanced again at the table. Brad seemed to be rather subdued. “I doubt it,” he replied. “If he was involved in Buddy’s accident, then the cops are probably keeping their eyes on him.”

“Accident!” responded Donnie. “Brad beat Buddy so bad that he couldn’t even see. That’s why he walked in front of your dad’s car.”

“You know, it’s strange,” said Kyle. “We talked to Buddy for over two hours last night, and he never mentioned anything about it. Did he say something to you when Andre and I weren’t in the room?”

“A little bit,” replied Donnie. “I asked him if he was going to press charges against Brad, and he said he didn’t think so.”

“Why?”

“He said he figures everything was his fault.”

“His fault? Why?”

Donnie shrugged his shoulders. “He didn’t say.” They looked over at Brad’s table when someone laughed. “If it was me, I’d see that the bastard spent some time in jail.”

“Maybe he will,” replied Kyle as the bell rang. When they got up to leave, Brad looked over at him, nodded and walked away.

In Kyle’s morning classes, Brad’s return to school was the topic of most conversations. He was able to overhear that after Brad was released to the custody of his parents. According to Brad, even he wasn’t sure what would happen next. There was also a rumor that he had been removed from the football team until the court determined his involvement in Buddy’s injuries.

When Kyle entered his second period class, he looked over at the empty desk where Buddy normally sat. After getting to know him the night before, he missed him not being in class. Under different circumstances, they might have been good friends. Andre seemed to think that they were a perfect match when he talked about Buddy.

Kyle looked over at Buddy’s seat and thought, “He has a crush on me? Why didn’t he say something?” But then again, he knew he hadn’t given him much of a reason to talk. Thinking back, he had been friendly to Buddy, but he made no attempt to give him an opportunity to talk.

‘He probably thinks I’m a snob,’ thought Kyle. ‘I’m really not,’ he assured himself.

On his way to fifth period, he received a text from his father: meet me out front after school

When his last class ended, he went to his locker and then headed to the door leading out to the parking lot to await Donnie. He had to tell him he wouldn’t need a ride home.

Donnie smiled when he saw Kyle waiting for him. “What’s up?” Kyle explained that his father wanted him to go somewhere with him. “Where?”

Kyle shrugged his shoulders and replied, “Dunno.”

“Well, ride around to the front with me,” he suggested. “I’ll drop you off.” They went to Donnie’s car and drove around to where Kyle’s father was waiting patiently for him to come out. Donnie pulled up behind him, and Kyle jumped out. When Mr. Caldwell saw Kyle, he got out of his car and walked up to Donnie.

“Hello, Donnie,” he said cheerfully as he extended his hand. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Thank you, Sir,” responded Donnie. “My Dad’s talked a lot about you.”

“I’m quite sure he has,” laughed Kyle’s father.

Kyle asked, “Where do you want me to go with you?”

“I talked to Buddy’s aunt this morning,” his father explained. “She said Buddy is going to be released this afternoon. They were going to ride the bus home, but I told her to wait in the lobby until we got there.”

Donnie asked, “Can I go Mr. Caldwell?”

“Sure,” Kyle’s father responded. “Why don’t you lock your car and ride with us. No sense in taking two cars.”

Donnie worriedly asked, “What if someone steals it?”

Mr. Caldwell stepped back, examined the car and laughed, “I don’t think you have to worry about that.” Donnie’s face reddened as he locked the door.

Kyle thought it was strange how his father was taking such an interest in Buddy. When he spoke about him, it was as if he was talking about his own son. Kyle assumed he probably felt responsible for his injuries. Perhaps, he was worried about a lawsuit, and he was attempting to befriend Buddy and his aunt.

When they pulled up in front of the hospital entrance, Mr. Caldwell told Kyle to see if Buddy and his aunt were waiting. Donnie jumped from the backseat, and they raced to the lobby door.

“Beat you,” laughed Donnie.

Kyle rolled his eyes and said, “Only because you already had your seatbelt unbuckled.”

When they entered the lobby, Buddy and his aunt were sitting on a bench. Buddy smiled when he saw Donnie. He stood and timidly said, “Hi. I didn’t know you were coming.” Buddy’s face still contained bruises. They were beginning to fade, but it was obvious he had been beaten.

Donnie laughed, reached down, grabbed a grocery sack containing Buddy’s personal belongings and said jokingly, “And miss you getting out of prison.”

Mavis muttered off to the side, “If he don’t quit doing what he’s doing, that’s where you’ll be visiting him someday.”

“Alright, Aunt Mavis,” frowned Buddy. “I learned my lesson, okay? How many times do I have to tell you?”

“I’ll believe it when I see it,” she grumbled back.

Buddy looked past Donnie and noticed Kyle. He threw up his hand and said, “Hi, Kyle.” Kyle waved back.

As they turned to leave, Andre came rushing through the door. He bent over and tried to catch his breath. “I thought you would be gone,” he gasped. “I ran all the way from the bus stop.” He looked over at Kyle and said, “Hi, Kyle.” Kyle asked him if he was all right, and he nodded.

“Well, hello to you too,” laughed Donnie. “I guess Kyle’s the only one in the room?” Donnie laughed when Kyle’s face reddened.

Andre waved and said, “Hi, Everyone.”

When they got to the car, Mr. Caldwell helped Mavis into the front seat. Kyle climbed into the back and scooted to the far door. Donnie carefully helped Buddy into the middle before he got in. He then reached around and helped Buddy fasten his seat belt. Kyle noticed that they touched hands several times.

Andre stood beside the car and placed his hands on his hips. “You mean I have to ride the bus home?” He whined, “I just got off the bus.”

Mr. Caldwell looked into the backseat and examined how much room was left. He remarked, “It looks like there’s no room for you.”

Andre’s shoulders drooped, and he said dejectedly, “That’s okay, Mr. Caldwell. I can walk home.”

“Nonsense,” he replied. “We’ll make room for you.” He leaned down and examined the three boys in the back. Finally, he suggested, “Kyle. Do you think Andre can sit in your lap?” He looked back at Andre. “He’s small built.”

Kyle shrugged his shoulders. “I guess so, Dad.” Andre smiled broadly and rushed around to Kyle’s door. Kyle spread his legs, and Andre positioned himself into Kyle’s lap.

Buddy giggled, “Comfy?” Andre looked at him and grinned.

Because of the cramped conditions, Kyle had to wrap his arms around Andre. Andre let out a small gasp when Kyle first held him. As they pulled out onto the street, Andre reached down and gently held Kyle’s wrists.

When they drove away, Mr. Caldwell looked into the rearview mirror and asked the boys if they were doing okay. Andre excitedly answered, “Yes!”

When they stopped at a light, Andre repositioned himself so that his ass was pushing up against Kyle’s crotch. He could feel Kyle’s cock begin to harden.

Buddy started laughing and asked him, “Getting comfy, Andre?” He knew Andre well enough to know what he was doing. Andre looked down at him, rolled his eyes and purred slightly. When the car started forward, he let his body ease back closer to Kyle’s lap. He could feel that Kyle now had an erection.

Kyle was astonished- and embarrassed. From the banter between Andre and Buddy, it was obvious that Andre was trying to sexually arouse him. Even Donnie had leaned forward and looked over to see what was happening. He snickered when he saw Andre’s ass pressed into Kyle’s hard cock. When Kyle tried to scoot back away from Andre, it resulted in Andre being able to press his body harder against his erection. Kyle kept looking into the rearview mirror and silently praying that his father would not notice what was happening in the back seat.

When they arrived at Mavis’s home, Kyle had to wait until everyone exited the car before getting out. He still had an obvious protrusion in his pants. Andre giggled when he saw him reach inside his pants and adjust himself.

“It’s not funny,” remarked Kyle as he started to head toward the home.

Andre grabbed his arm and stopped him. “I’m sorry, Kyle,” he pleaded. “I didn’t mean to upset you. It’s just that...” Suddenly, he stopped talking and looked down at the ground.

Kyle asked, “Just what?”

Andre looked up embarrassedly and stared into Kyle’s eyes. “I just like you. I don’t want you mad at me.”

Kyle was confused because all the time he thought that Andre was trying to get Buddy and him together. “What about Buddy?” he asked.

Andre giggled and nodded toward the sidewalk. Donnie had his arm wrapped securely around Buddy’s waist as he tried to steady him as he walked. They watched as Buddy wrapped his arm around Donnie’s back.

Andre giggled again and said, “I think Buddy’s going to be just fine.” They turned and started walking toward the house with their hands lightly touching.

When they entered the cramped house, Mavis started muttering that she didn’t know where Buddy was going to sleep. She also grumbled about the broken hot water heater. After getting her permission, Kyle’s father went into a small back room and began removing boxes and other items from it. He told Buddy to rest while he had Kyle, Donnie and Andre carry items out and store them in a small garage. When they finished, the room was bare.

Kyle remarked snidely, “What’s he going to do? Sleep on the floor?”

Mr. Caldwell replied dryly, “I was going to give him your bed.”

“What!” shrieked Kyle. “Where will I sleep?” Andre stood back and roared with laughter as he watched Kyle’s father tease him.

Mr. Caldwell looked around the room and said to Kyle, “I want you and Andre to go with me.” He turned toward Donnie. “You help Mavis straighten up the rest of the house.” He looked at his watch. “We’ll be back in about two hours.” Donnie nodded and started picking up items off the floor.

When they got to the car, Mr. Caldwell smiled when Kyle and Andre both got into the backseat. Kyle asked, “Where are we going, Dad?”

Mr. Caldwell looked in the rearview mirror at him and replied, “To get your bedroom furniture.” Andre laughed when Kyle started protesting. Soon, his father pulled into a U-haul lot. The boys stayed in the car while he went inside.

Andre looked over at Kyle and asked, “You’re not still mad at me, are you?”

“No,” giggled Kyle. “I was just worried that Dad could see what you were doing. Buddy and Donnie saw.”

Andre grinned and asked, “Did you like it?”

Kyle’s face reddened when he replied, “I got hard, didn’t I?”

“Yeah,” said Andre excitedly as he looked down at Kyle’s crotch. “You have a nice one.” Kyle’s face reddened even deeper. When Andre realized he might be moving too fast, he reached out, grabbed Kyle’s hand, and held it. “I know a guy like you,” he said as tears filled his eyes, “would never want a guy like me.”

“Andre...” Kyle started to object, but Andre interrupted him.

“You see, me and Buddy... we’ve just always had this dream, you know?” Kyle watched as tears began to fall down Andre’s cheek. He looked out the window when he saw Mr. Caldwell exit the building. Andre hurriedly said, “I like you, Kyle. Okay? Let’s just leave it at that.”

Kyle’s father looked worriedly at Andre when he asked the boys to get out of the car. Andre was quickly wiping tears from his face. He looked over at Kyle and asked, “Are you boys all right?”

“Yeah, Dad,” replied Kyle as he glanced over at Andre. “He’s just worried about Buddy, is all.”

“Come on,” his father said as he locked the door of his car. He pulled Andre into his side and held him as they made their way to a small U-haul truck.

After they were inside, Kyle asked, “Where are we going in this?” An hour later, they were pulling up in front of Mavis’s house with bedroom furniture that Mr. Caldwell bought at a consignment shop. It included a twin bed, dresser, a chair and a computer desk.

On the way back, his father had also stopped at a hardware store and ordered a new hot water heater to be delivered and installed at Mavis’s home.

When they unloaded the truck, Buddy seemed upset that he had bought all the stuff for him. However, it was obvious from his reaction as he looked around the room that he was pleased.

He stopped in front of the computer desk and said, “I don’t have a computer, Mr. Caldwell.”

Kyle doubled over laughing when his father said, “You do now, Buddy. I’m giving you my daughter’s computer.” Mr. Caldwell went into the living room and had a cup of coffee with Mavis while the boys put sheets and a bedspread on the bed. He had even purchased a couple of posters. He was confused when Andre insisted that he buy Buddy a large poster of Madonna.

He asked Andre, “I thought you kids today like Justin Bieber?”

Kyle laughed and said, “Justin Bieber? Dad, that is sooooo gay!”

Andre explained, “Me and Buddy have this special thing we do, just me and him. We like to dance with Madonna.”

“Okay,” remarked Mr. Caldwell as he handed him the large poster.

Now, the boys were standing back looking at the poster as it hung over Buddy’s bed.

                                                                                                                                                                      * * * * *

Kyle walked Andre to his trailer when they dropped him off later. They stood and stared nervously at each other. It didn’t help that Kyle’s father and Donnie were in the car just ten feet away.

“Um...” stammered Andre. “Maybe I’ll see you around sometime. Okay?”

Kyle smiled and replied, “I’d like that.”

“Well, I’d better go.” He turned to go into the trailer, but suddenly stopped. “Here.” He thrust something into Kyle’s hand before rushing inside and closing the door. Kyle looked at the folded piece of paper in his hand. When he unfolded it, Andre’s phone number was scribbled on it. He had even drawn a small smiley face. When he got back in the car, he looked in the backseat at Donnie. Donnie grinned and winked.

Kyle nervously turned to his father after dropping Donnie off to get his car at school. “Can I ask you something?”

His father smiled and replied, “Sure. Fire away.”

Kyle started to say something, but muttered, “Never mind.”

“No, really,” his father said when he saw how nervous his son was. “You can ask me anything. What’s on your mind?”

Kyle took a deep breath and said, “Okay. You told me that I was being a snob when I saw how Buddy and Andre lived.” He stopped and looked at his father.

His father smiled and replied, “Okay.” He took a left turn at the next intersection instead of turning right which would have taken them home in a few minutes. He could tell it might take Kyle some time to talk about what was on his mind.

“Okay.” Kyle sighed and took another deep breath. “You know I’m gay, and you and Mom have been really great about it. I was really worried what would happen when you found out.”

His father kept his eyes on the road as he continued to drive. “Uh, huh,” he responded. He didn’t want Kyle to get distracted by talking about his sexuality.

“Okay.” Kyle took another deep breath. “When did you know for the first time that you really liked Mom?” Mr. Caldwell smiled to himself. He’d been watching Kyle and Andre all evening. He could tell by the way they looked at each other that they were attracted to one another.

He thought a moment before answering. He could hear Kyle breathing heavily as he waited for his answer. “I fell in love with your mother the moment I laid eyes on her,” he said. “We were at a college dance, and she was there with several other girls. But your mother stood out from all the rest.” He paused a moment as he recalled the first time he saw his wife.

He laughed slightly. “I couldn’t dance at all. I was born with two left feet?”

Kyle squealed, “You were! I never notice that! Will you take your shoes off when we get home and show me?” His father almost had to pull off the road because he was laughing so hard.

“It’s just a saying,” he laughed. “It means I can’t dance.”

“Oh,” replied Kyle disappointedly.

“Where was I?” asked his father. “Oh yeah. I remember. Your mother was so beautiful that night. When a slow song came on, I got up the nerve to ask her to dance.”

Kyle looked at his father and said, “Cool.”

“Not so cool,” his father laughed. “I think I stepped on your mother’s feet about ten times during that dance.”

“Not cool,” laughed Kyle.

“Yeah, not so cool,” his father replied. “Anyway, after we danced, we sat down at a table and talked the rest of the night. As I looked at her, I thought, This is the woman I want to marry.”

Kyle asked excitedly, “So you knew like right away you were in love?”

“Yes, Son,” he replied with a smile. “I knew that first night I was in love with your mother.”

Kyle sat back and said appreciatively, “Thanks, Dad.”

His father looked at the boy he had left school with earlier. He was becoming a man in front of his eyes. “You’re welcome, Son.” If Kyle had looked over, he would have seen tears in his father’s eyes.

Next: Final Chapter of Dancing with Madonna. I hope you're enjoying the story.
Copyright © 2013 by Ronyx All Rights Reserved
  • Like 16
  • Love 16
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I loved this chapter so much. I love the boys just as much. I think I'm okay I'll listen to some Madonna today.

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I cannot imagine how excited Buddy & Andre would be to see the documentary about Madonna’s dancers that was shown at Frameline a couple year’s ago. They’d probably really get into Bucking even though it’s usually five or more on the dance teams on the documentary, When the Beat Drops (I just saw it on Monday evening). They’d have loved seeing Todrick Hall in Behind the Curtains. And they’d probably have been much too able to identify with Ulysses in Saturday Church!

 

Because I get a Castro Pass, I can see all the Programs shown at the Castro Theatre (except the Opening and Closing Night Programs) during the Film Festival. I almost always see all but a couple of the Programs available to me. I see lots of movies I would not have purchased a ticket for if I had to pay for each one separately. I let the Festival Programmers decide what I should see. This means I see a much, much wider variety than I’d have selected on my own. I often get transported into a world I’d never experience otherwise! While I probably would have gone to see the Madonna dancers documentary, I’m much less likely to have seen the others – and I’d be the poorer because of that.

 

I’ll be adding to my thoughts on the Programs I’ve seen (and will see over the next couple days) at Frameline42 in The Pit. It usually takes me a couple weeks to finish writing. I think the other movies were mentioned in Frameline40 or Frameline41, also in The Pit.

 

 

Note to filmmakers, musicians, actors, and others: create a Wikipedia page for yourself and your work so I can link it when I mention them!

Edited by droughtquake
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

And so the 'partner swap' is just about complete. Kyle & Andre, and Buddy & Donnie. I also loved the way Kyle's father told Buddy he was getting Kyle's sister's computer. Poetic justice!

 

The one part that really intrigued me though, was Brad nodding to Kyle the first time he saw him at the school. Exactly what was Brad acknowledging? That Kyle's sister is to blame? That Kyle had nothing to do with what happened? That Brad finally understood he'd been a jerk? Something had clearly changed with Brad, but we don't get to see what it is. That's the sort of little detail that fires up my imagination :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Yaaasss Buddy got Melissa's computer, that bitch can choke now!! Tho Buddy would first have to delete all the viruses and crap I assume Melissa has on that thing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

A beautifully written chapter @Ronyx which had me laughing and crying, sometimes almost at the same time.

If either Brad or his parents had even an ounce of decency they would pay for Buddy's hospital treatment and any ongoing care he needs rather than letting the taxpayer foot the bill. I suspect they don't. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..