Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 3,994 Words
  • 5,344 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cowboy Summer - 19. As Good As A Kick In The Ribs

The steer was not happy, that much was obvious. There was no time to shout, though Rhydian realised the strangled yell issued as he fell on his back was indeed his. One of the steer’s horns scraped along his front, his shirt snapped open and the cloth caught and ripped, then hooves were landing on his ribs. When the steer snorted and vanished from his vision he was surprised to find Jase wrestling it away from him.

He tried to breath.

Breath.

Breath.

It wouldn’t come, there was no air. Shura’s panic filled the air, the horses face was in his vision, the soft nose against his skin. Rhydian grabbed the horse’s mane with one hand. He couldn’t get any air into himself, something was broken. There was shouting, someone or several someone’s yelling his name, and then a popping sensation like an envelope of bubble wrap being blown up in his chest as his left lung re-inflated.

He gasped, coughing and doubling up, and then there were hands on his back and shoulders, and Rhydian found his brain finally processing everything correctly.

“I’m fine.” He managed, and passed out.

*

“Is he going to be alright?” Bryce had been sent away from hovering around the medics as they checked Rhydian over, and stood with Sam and Caleb, Jase, Sugar and Shura, straining towards the ambulance. The horses were little better, and Shura stood stock still staring at where Rhydian lay on the cot. He didn’t actively try and pull Caleb over, but anyone could see it was taking all of Caleb’s willpower to keep the steed where he was.

“He spoke,” Jase nodded, “It’s a good sign.”

“He’ll be fine Bryce,” Sam nodded easily, “They said nothing was broken, and he’s conscious now; they’re just giving him the once over.”

Bryce still moped a little bit, and couldn’t be dissuaded of his anguish until the medic said they could come back over. Rhydian was sitting up on the cot, shirtless, with his left arm in a fabric sling and a large patch of medical gauze taped over his abdomen and part of his ribs.

“Couple of weeks and you’ll be right as rain,” the other medic was telling him, “You’ll only need the dressing for a few days, a bad graze that steer gave you but not an all-out ripping. He didn’t even need stitches,” He added to Caleb, “As good a kick in the ribs as he gave you, you’ll be fine. The lung re-inflated, and you’re gonna have some handsome bruising for a while, but you’ll heal up fine and be wrestling steer’s again for the fall season.”

“Thanks,” Rhydian smiled and grabbed for Bryce’s hand quickly. Shura’s nose got in the way. The big dapple grey horse pushed his muzzle up against Rhydian’s front softly, “Hey there big guy. I’m OK,” Rhyder petted the thick mane and soft fur, “We’re good. What the hell happened?” He shot to the others with a much sterner look.

“Damn cowgirl didn’t get him rounded up in time,” Jase spat, “Useless bitch.”

“Jase…” Caleb chided gently.

“Fuck that Cay. She had him, and she let him get away.” Jase scuffed his boots on the ground, “Look, these horses need a rub down, that is if Shura is ever gonna let you outta his sight again.”

“Are you alright?” Bryce had found Rhydian’s hand, fingers clutching at him tightly.

“Yeah,” It still hurt to breathe, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as it had been before. His ribs ached dully, a sharper pain in his left side when he used the portion of the lung that had been collapsed. “I’ll be great.” He swung his legs over and stood. There was a slight swaying motion, but Bryce hugged him and everyone pretended not to notice, “Let’s go back to the trailer big guy and get you home eh?”

“Rhydian are you sure you’re alright?” Caleb hadn’t called him by his full name in such a long time it took Rhyder a minute to realise who he was talking to.

“I’m fine Cay. It’s good.” Rhydian put his free arm around Bryce as he walked. His legs were OK, and his shoulder was only sprained, “I need a shirt. Please tell me someone still has my badge number?”

Moreta had collected his badge, his bolo tie and the remains if his shirt were the paramedics had cut it off him. Rhydian was pissed, but understood. When he’d fainted there had been an awful moment when no one had known how badly hurt he really was. He fingered the strings of his of badge number. Sam held Shura, but the big dapple grey walked with his nose right by Rhydian’s bandaged elbow.

“Caleb.” Bryce nodded behind Rhydian, “Look.” It was the man in the yellow waistcoat.

“Sam, run and get the boy a shirt would you.” Moreta, ever practical, handed Shura’s reins to Bryce, and took Rhydian’s elbow, “Wait up.”

“But Shura…”

“Rhyder.” Her tone made Rhydian wait with Caleb on his other side as Sam came dashing back with a spare pearl button shirt with a denim yoke. He slipped it over his shoulders and one arm and Moreta did a couple of the buttons for him. That was when he spotted the man in the yellow waistcoat.

“Are you Rhyder Markey?”

“Yes sir.” Rhydian stuck out his hand and shook with the big man.

“I’m Hunter Morris. I watched your performance out there tonight. You did very well for a green kid.”

“Wait…” Rhydian turned to Bryce, “Didn’t I win?”

“Yes babe. You won. They’ll want you in the ring later on to give you money and a belt buckle.”

“I won…” Rhydian was astonished. Somehow in between getting hurt and fainting he’d actually managed to forget he’d won. Four point nine and some other numbers, but it was enough to have the blue ribbon flash under his name on the screen.

“Yes son, you won.” Morris held out a little white and yellow card with blue printing, “I wanted to talk to you about your future.”

Rhydian stared at the card.

FRCC Rodeo Team.

Head Coach

“My future?”

“Yes son,” Morris was smiling, “How about I give you guys a moment to deal with your beautiful steeds here and then we’ll have a chat eh? I’ll be at the bar out back of the chutes.”

“Um…” Bryce kicked his heel, “Yes sir. Will do.”

His hands shook as he got dressed properly, letting Bryce do his buttons and re-tie his sling. His shoulder hurt, but the medics had told him the muscle was only sprained, the actual arm was fine. He kept staring at the card in his fingers, listening with half an ear to what Bryce was saying.

The college just out of town. A rodeo team. The very idea you could major in rodeo for university level higher education out here. Rhydian’s head was spinning.

“Rhydian?” Caleb was standing in the doorway to the trailer.

“Yeah?”

“Try not to think too much. Spend five minutes with your horse and everything will be fine.”

“Yes Cay.” The native man turned to go, “Caleb? Will you come up with me?”

“Sure thing. There is a dapple grey beast out there needs you. Mum and Dad are gonna take them home and Jase is gonna help unload. They’ll be back later.”

Brushing down Shura was exactly what he needed. Curry comb in his good hand, the other tracing along Shura’s muscles he rubbed in circles across the smooth muscles and short fur. Shura muzzled and napped at his hair and shoulder, loving him back just as hard. Eventually Rhydian was calm enough to get Shura and Samson loaded on and kissed his horse’s nose’s goodnight, gave them a half handful of nuts and chaff each and watched the truck pull away.

When they reached the area around the back of the rodeo where the saddle bronc riding was still going on, Sam pulled Bryce aside, and with a wave and a grin of confidence he didn’t exactly feel right now, Rhydian watched his boyfriend walk off towards the main stands. Hunter Morris in his white hat and bright yellow waistcoat was not hard to spot. He pushed a couple of beers across to them and Caleb thanked him, but went to get Rhydian a soda.

“You’re not drinking? A man should celebrate when he wins at the County Open.”

“Painkillers,” Rhydian shrugged with one shoulder, “I’m more of a soda until whiskey sort of guy.”

“Far enough,” They clinked bottles when Caleb arrived back, “How are you feeling son?”

“Like a seven hundred pound steer kicked me real hard in the ribs?” Rhydian sipped his soda, “I didn’t screw up the proceedings in the ring did I? I can’t believe I fainted.”

“Nah. And everyone’ll forgive you. First time in the big ring, first win.”

“First time getting run down by an angry cow,” Caleb chipped in, “You did great.”

“So what have you got planned for school Rhyder?” Morris folded his arms across his chest, and Rhydian glanced nervously at the card, “And yes, I know you’re English. That don’t matter to me.”

“I don’t really…” Rhydian found his chest hurting in a new and strange way that smelt like hope, “I never knew what I wanted to do really.”

“And your little bulldogging friend hasn’t put you off?”

“Hell no!” Rhydian barked a laugh that hurt, “Shit. Sorry…”

“Well then,” Morris stood up, “I can and I am prepared to offer you a full scholarship with the rodeo team Mr Markey. A solid Northern Californian college education. If you’ve got someone to sponsor your application and put you up during spring break…”

“I’m his sponsor.” Caleb held out his hand.

“Oh I know who you are. I used to ride with your Granddaddy once upon a long time ago when I was a kid. I figured during the team penning he was a product of Iron Hill Lake.” Morris shook hands with Caleb, then Rhydian again, “Full scholarship, boarding and livery for your horses. How about you give me a call tomorrow and come up and look around?”

Rhydian gulped. He could see the future unfolding behind his eyelids, and it glinted with possibilities.

After the last event, Rhydian got to stand on a podium in the arena, and beamed as he was handed a blue ribbon for Shura, an envelope and a big pewter belt buckle. The scene showed a horse and rider dashing after a steer and on the back was inscribed the words: Plumas County Open Rodeo Bulldogging Winner, 2013. Rhydian grinned like an idiot. No sooner had he stepped onto the sand, Bryce was running for him, and it didn’t matter suddenly that he was injured, because he wrapped both arms around his boyfriend and hugged him so hard his ribs creaked. People wolf whistled from the stands.

Exhausted as he was, Rhydian stayed standing upright to shake hands with everyone who approached him, and chatting to some of the cowboys who he’d competed against in his two classes. Only a very few were sore losers, including the guy who had come in second, who had a decade and probably fifty pounds easily on Rhyder, but quit running his mouth when Sam folded his arms and growled at him in his own Texan manner. There were a few guys, who had graduated or were attending FRCC, and they waxed lyrical about the fun they’d had there and how much fun it was to represent the college at rodeo events up and down the country. When Rhydian found himself yawning into Bryce’s shirt, Sam slapped the side of his boot and declared it time to drive home.

He fell asleep in the truck, and Bryce had to help him upstairs. Rhydian wanted nothing more than to collapse in bed, but Bryce told him he smelt like sweat and horses and cattle and he was either going to take a shower or his boyfriend was going to drive home. That made Rhyder sit up and take notice. Pearl button shirts were easy to get out of, and Rhydian stood under the water leaning against the cool tile with his forehead, letting the water pummel his spine.

He’d won. There was a pewter belt buckle saying so. He’d proved he was good at something, finally, and now Hunter Morris was offering him a scholarship, a solid excuse to stay and a college education. Caleb supported him, had only grinned in his all-knowing manner when Rhydian had asked about Shura and told him he already knew who the horses belonged to. Getting stuck by the steer had hurt like hell, but that was nothing now compared to the butterflies going off like bombs in his stomach. He’d looked inside the envelope in the truck before he’d fallen asleep, and there had been five thousand dollars in there. More than enough to get some gear of his own, to take Bryce out and buy him presents. Maybe Caleb would loan him another five and he could get a decent second hand truck that wouldn’t break down all the time and get his license. He’d won at the rodeo, he had a future.

Clean and drippy, Rhydian wrapped a towel around his hips and shuffled back into his sling. He brushed his teeth, and nearly walked into another guest heading his way.

“Evening.”

“Hi,” the man stood aside as he passed, “Hey. Aren’t you the kid from the rodeo?”

Rhydian nodded.

“You came in the other day right? You ride Little Blackie.” Rhydian could barely see through how tired he was.

“Yeah. You did great, we saw you on TV.”

“I was on TV?”

“Yeah, they showed highlights. Good for you buddy.”

“Thanks.” Rhydian blinked hard. He’d been on television all over Plumas County. Now that was something. “Night.”

After that, there wasn’t the energy to do anything other than kiss Bryce as he fell into bed, wrap his good arm around his boyfriend and pull him close enough to hear his heartbeat, and drift off into peaceful uninterrupted sleep.

*

“Are you sure this works?” Rhydian raised a sceptical eyebrow at Pal, who was plugging in some more miscellaneous cables.

“It did last time.” The computer looked pretty ancient, big and boxy and cream coloured. No one in England would be caught dead with this machine, and Rhydian was almost pleased about it. “Hang on.” The computer whirred and started booting up, “Sorted.”

Rhydian took a deep breath, which hurt a bit, but not as much as it had yesterday. His chest looked worse now, purple, blue and yellowish-tan bruises rising where the steer had pounded and scored him. The scrape was scabbed over and healing well with a new dressing. Rhyder knew he didn’t need to be nervous. He had his rosettes and his belt buckle, Sam and Caleb were about, and Bryce, who had woken up beside him this morning, was even now assembling tea and toast to bring to the sofa. Pal angled the web camera to get a better shot of Rhydian.

“You’re all set, you want to make the call?” he handed over the keyboard and mouse and Rhydian rested both on his knees. “Good luck Rhyder.”

Rhydian pressed the button to make a video call, and five thousand miles away, his father appeared on the screen. He looked just like Rhydian remembered, and he had to shake himself to realise it has only been a few weeks since he’d seen his father, although the house was new and the room looked different behind him. He waved.

“Hey Rhydian. Your mum and Claudine will be along in a minute.”

“Look, dad, before they get here, I need to talk to you.”

“Shoot.” His father smiled.

Rhydian reached for Bryce and pulled him down onto the sofa.

“This is Bryce,” Bryce waved and smiled, “He’s my boyfriend and I love him.”

“Nice you meet you Bryce.”

“You too Sir,” Bryce gripped his hand back as tightly, “I love him right back, just in case you were wondering.”

“He seems a lot less girly than the kind of guys I always thought you liked.”

“Dad…”

“If you’re happy Rhydian, then I’m happy for you. Ah, here’s your mother.”

Rhydian’s mother had curly dirty-blonde hair and otherwise looked not a bit like her only son. Claudine, a younger more horsey version of their mother in many ways, slipped into the shot behind the sofa.

“Hi Rhydian.”

“Hey mum, hey Claudine.”

“The message that Moreta sent said you had news. Is everything alright?”

“And who’s all smiling, sitting with you?” Chipped in his sister.

“Guys this is Bryce,” Bryce waved again and nodded, and Rhydian felt his heartbeat falter when Bryce gripped his fingers, “Bryce is my boyfriend.”

“That’s nice dear.” Rhydian could practically see his mother’s eye glazing over with disinterest and wondered if it was worth pursuing this in the light of what else he was going to tell her. Probably not…

“Mum. I went to rodeo last night,” He held up the rosettes and his belt buckle, “And I won.”

“Really?” Claudine sounded shocked.

“Oh.”

“County open rodeo mum!” Rhydian didn’t want to shout, tried to keep his voice level, but found excitement and frustration making him louder, “I won against guys who’ve been doing this for years. Look!” He flipped the buckle around and held it out to the camera so his family could read the words written there.

“Well done son,” His dad smiled in the camera screen, “That’s amazing.”

“But it’s so dangerous!”

“It’s OK, the medics patched me up fine and I wasn’t badly hurt.”

“You were hurt?” His mother practically screamed.

“Maybe you should have left that part out babe.” Bryce kissed his knuckles.

“You think?” Rhyder sighed, “Calm down mum. I’m fine. But I got given this.” Rhydian showed them the card, and Bryce took the keyboard and began typing the web address into the chat box, “By a scout. You can do rodeo at college over here. You know, university. The head coach offered me a place.”

“Rhydian? What are saying?” His father’s voice was careful, his tone neutral.

“I want to stay out here and live in California and go to university here for three years.” He said it like it was simple, because to him, it was.

“Bryce?” This was his mother, and her tone was worrisome, “Could you give us a few moments alone with our son?”

“Babe?” Bryce looked concerned.

Rhydian kissed him in front of the camera, and didn’t care.

“Two minutes?”

“Sure thing babe. I’ll go get more toast.”

As soon as Bryce was gone, Rhydian felt his heart sink. He could practically feel his mother, a whole ocean away, gearing up for one of her big one sided fights. It was those fights had forced him to go to college to do some very boring A-levels. It was those discussions where there was no room for retorts had led him to apply for universities he didn’t care about. Now she was going to try it again.

“No.”

“Mum!”

“No. There’s no way you are staying there to attend some silly little pretend university.”

“Look at the link. It’s a proper university. As good as any we have in the UK. And I’ll still be doing other units, history and English and equine studies and stuff.”

“Rhydian, darling,” There was that tone, the one that brooked no argument, “You’ve changed your mind about what you’ve wanted to do so many times. We agreed you would get a nice all round degree and you could specialise when you’ve made your mind up.”

“That’s because I was never any good at anything!” Shouting was the only way to block his mother’s smug tirade of thinking she knew better, “I found what I want to do. I’m a really good rider mum. I’m a real cowboy. I fit in here. I won at rodeo. I won five thousand dollars for fuck’s sake.”

“Language!”

“Is that seriously all you heard?” Rhydian was nearly apoplectic with rage.

“I found what I’m supposed to do with my life and all you can think about is the fact I swore?” He slammed his fist into the squashy sofa, which wasn’t nearly as satisfying as it should have been, “I fit in here. I belong here. People care about me, Bryce loves me, and I have a future here doing something I love.”

“And what if it doesn’t work out?” His mother snapped back, “Young love doesn’t last, you’ll get bored-”

“And if he doesn’t try,” Rhydian was nearly as surprised as his mother when his father spoke, “Then he’ll never know. After all, we were only nineteen when we met darling.”

“But…”

“Rhyder?” Caleb was at his side, “May I?”

“Sure,” Rhydian moved across on the sofa a little bit, “Mr and Mrs Markey? I’m Caleb. I own the horses here at Iron Hill Lake. You must be Claudine.”

“Yeah, hi. Sorry I couldn’t make it out there.”

“Mrs Markey, your son in an extraordinary rodeo cowboy. He really does have a future out here, a job if he ever wants one and a place to stay during the breaks. I am fully prepared to sponsor his visa application,” Caleb ploughed on as though Rhydian’s mother hadn’t just started gaping like a fish, “And provide him with the horses he will need. Shura is his boy already. There’s no way I could see anyone break those two up. He’s not lying when he says he’s meant to be here.”

“Oh well…” Rhydian loved to see his mother taken down by Caleb’s calm and authoritative tone, “Right then. Rhydian…”

“Rhyder,” The boy nodded, “They call me Rhyder now.”

“Oh. OK. Look darling I still think we should talk about this. And you can’t just stay out there, what about your things?”

“I don’t need things mum. I have Shura.”

“Who?”

“My horse,” Caleb squeezed his shoulder and Rhyder felt a stab of pride when he said the words, “My horse.”

“But your flight is booked…”

“Cancel it.”

“No.” This time his father spoke, “I’ll buy you another flight out son, but come home and see us at least. We never prepared for you being away like this. Come home, if only for a short while.”

“I am home,” Rhydian turned to see Bryce standing in the corner, smiling like a lovesick fool, “My home is here. I don’t want to come back,” He sighed, Caleb was nodding at him, and he knew what he needed to do, “but I’ll use the ticket, I’ll come back.”

“Oh thank god.”

“Mum.” Rhydian made his voice firm, unarguable, “I’m not staying. I won’t.”

“Two weeks.” His mother demanded.

“No way.”

“We can work out the details later.” Rhydian’s father put a hand on his mother’s shoulder softly, “We’ll see you in a little while son.”

“Sure, yeah.” Rhydian sighed, “Bye guys.”

They signed off the call, and Rhydian dumped the keyboard and mouse on the sofa. Bryce was with him instantly and Rhyder wanted to pull the boy into his lap, but his chest hurt too much.”

“They’re going to try and force me to stay.” He laid his head back on the sofa and exhaled, “I just know it.”

“Don’t worry Rhy,” Sam was standing holding a steaming cup of coffee and looking pleased with himself, “We’ll make sure that doesn’t happen.”

“Come on babe, be happy. Gotta go meet Coach Morris at the college today.” Bryce kissed his neck, “Find out about your future.”

“Do we have time to go see Shura first?”

“Should you be riding this soon?” Pal asked, “You’re injured.”

Rhydian laughed, and it felt good.

“Well that conversation was about as good as a kick in the ribs, so I think I’ll survive. Come on, let’s go see the boys.”

Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 43
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I´m glad Rhyder wasn´t badly hurt and he has now a chance to stay there and be with Bryce. Really lovely chapter :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Glad Rhyder wasn't badly hurt. I also think he should keep his money handy in case he has to buy his own ticket back if his parents pull a fast one.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/03/2013 10:45 PM, Suvitar said:
I´m glad Rhyder wasn´t badly hurt and he has now a chance to stay there and be with Bryce. Really lovely chapter :)
thank you sweetie. sometimes there have to be nice days too
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2013 12:59 AM, Daddydavek said:
It is apparent that mum hasn't figured out that her little boy grew up.

More please!

funny how mothers can be like that.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2013 01:20 AM, avidreadr said:
Glad Rhyder wasn't badly hurt. I also think he should keep his money handy in case he has to buy his own ticket back if his parents pull a fast one.
i couldn't be too mean to the poor boy.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Whew! Thank God Rhyder was ok. Shit, he's lucky, he could have been hurt really badly.

 

I was surprised Mrs. M. folded when Caleb started explaining about Rhyder's riding future. But I can see where Rhyder thinks they will try to get him to stay there. Hmmm, too bad he can't take Bryce along, sort of like collateral. lol

 

They have to realize that he is eighteen now and I don't know how it is in England, but in the states if you're eighteen, you are considered a legal adult and you are your own responsibility; you don't have to listen to your parents.

 

Then of course, as a parent, personally it would kill me if one of my kids just wanted to move across the pond. So I do see his folks' side of things too.

 

Great chapter, Sasha! :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2013 08:31 AM, Lisa said:
Whew! Thank God Rhyder was ok. Shit, he's lucky, he could have been hurt really badly.

 

I was surprised Mrs. M. folded when Caleb started explaining about Rhyder's riding future. But I can see where Rhyder thinks they will try to get him to stay there. Hmmm, too bad he can't take Bryce along, sort of like collateral. lol

 

They have to realize that he is eighteen now and I don't know how it is in England, but in the states if you're eighteen, you are considered a legal adult and you are your own responsibility; you don't have to listen to your parents.

 

Then of course, as a parent, personally it would kill me if one of my kids just wanted to move across the pond. So I do see his folks' side of things too.

 

Great chapter, Sasha! :2thumbs:

you are welcome. i love that you can see both sides. i argue with my mother a lot, guess who's side i'm on...
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Pup your still mean even if it worked out all right lol. He has his way to stay doing what he loves best and what he is good at. He isn't the same shy little boy that just did what he was told cause he didn't have anything else. H e is a grown man that knows exactly what he wants adn can now reach out and grab it. Do I think he should go back yeah, simply because they are his family f they hadn't sent him out to the US no matter the original reasoning he wouldn't never have found what he did. He needs to go say his good bye collect his things then come home. If he was the same person as when he got there going back would have been a death knell for him e would stay there simply because he didn't know how to stand on his own two feet. He now has a life, a family and a purpose on Iron Hill Farm, he has the one thing he has never had love and acceptance and he will never give that up. His dad is thinking of him he has seen how much his son has grown and become his own man, his um and his sister still think of ownly themselve and how it effects them, his dad will stand up for him and he will be back. Awesome chapter pup !! :P:worship::hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another great chapter! I felt like the conversation with the parents was a bit rushed, was that intentional or just me? I wish you'd put in a bit more in regard to the sister. I've got a decent feeling about his relationship with his mother, but I'm not sure what to think about the sister. Initially I thought they were rather close, but maybe not now? I don't know, she's just sort of this loose string off to the side that's got me wondering. She's little more than a shadow person, and it seems like, being his sister, there should be something more about her than the occasional name tossed in. My opinion, for what it's worth! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2013 09:09 AM, Daithi said:
Pup your still mean even if it worked out all right lol. He has his way to stay doing what he loves best and what he is good at. He isn't the same shy little boy that just did what he was told cause he didn't have anything else. H e is a grown man that knows exactly what he wants adn can now reach out and grab it. Do I think he should go back yeah, simply because they are his family f they hadn't sent him out to the US no matter the original reasoning he wouldn't never have found what he did. He needs to go say his good bye collect his things then come home. If he was the same person as when he got there going back would have been a death knell for him e would stay there simply because he didn't know how to stand on his own two feet. He now has a life, a family and a purpose on Iron Hill Farm, he has the one thing he has never had love and acceptance and he will never give that up. His dad is thinking of him he has seen how much his son has grown and become his own man, his um and his sister still think of ownly themselve and how it effects them, his dad will stand up for him and he will be back. Awesome chapter pup !! :P:worship::hug:
His dad is a good guy no?

the evolution of Rhyder.... isn't he pretty now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2013 10:52 AM, SanguineAffair said:
Another great chapter! I felt like the conversation with the parents was a bit rushed, was that intentional or just me? I wish you'd put in a bit more in regard to the sister. I've got a decent feeling about his relationship with his mother, but I'm not sure what to think about the sister. Initially I thought they were rather close, but maybe not now? I don't know, she's just sort of this loose string off to the side that's got me wondering. She's little more than a shadow person, and it seems like, being his sister, there should be something more about her than the occasional name tossed in. My opinion, for what it's worth! :)
Well, she sold her/their horse without telling him and she's moved away to uni, their not what you would call that close. he used to follow her around, purely for lack of anything better to do. now he has a life of his own.

and that conversation is supposed to be a bit rushed, you'll see why later.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..