Jump to content

The Court of Ghosts

   (2 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, Historical Fantasy

Highborn Francis Gray and lowborn Edward Bardshaw were once at the verge of a life-defining love… until the Imperial fleet destroyed their home and separated them. A decade later, fate sees fit to reunite them amidst a backdrop of political intrigue and surging public unrest. Can they rekindle their old spark? And if so, can it resist the echoes of history? After all, ten years is a long time, and neither Fran nor Ed are who they once were…

TW: This narrative contains depictions of mass violence, personal violence, murder, sexual assault, and xenophobia. Chapter specific notices will be applied in keeping with site policy.
Copyright © 2023 Stephen Wormwood; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 6
  • Addictive/Pacing 7
  • Characters 8
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drpaladin

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is an epic tale following the life paths of two boys born into different social stations who love each other. Separated by the the same violent attack on their lands, orphaned, and each believing the other dead, one finds a kindly benefactor and his salvation, while the other is led into years of twisted abuse which breeds an insatiable desire for revenge.

This is a morality play, a rousing adventure, an inside view of court intrigues, and a tragedy of lost love.

These are unforgettable characters you cannot help but feel for and a story which will linger in your memory.

  • Love 3
Link to review
Doha

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

The Court of Ghosts is an epic tale of love, loss, tragedy and rebuilding. Fran and Ed's lives criss cross becoming one and diverging again. 

This is a long summer read; one most definitely worth undertaking. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..