Jump to content

Lost in Manchester

   (2 reviews)

Manchester 2009.  Adam, 25, has just broken up with his long term boyfriend and moves to the city despite knowing nobody and nothing about city life. He dives into his new-found independence and experiences the highs and lows of drinking, dating and dealing with his unusual flatmate, his emotionally troubled workmate, his environmentalist neighbour, her sexually frustrated roommate and a local Councillor who was once the hero of the gay village. The story unfolds through the eyes of each of the six characters, as their lives weave in and out of one another, with political ambitions, sexual exploration, personal demons and unearthed secrets.

Copyright © 2018 stuyounger; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cognac69

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Being a resident of Manchester I found it interesting to say the least to read about Adam and his life here. It's a good and accurate read of what life can be like here and in other big cities. Definitely a recommended read where you learn, it removes the rose tinted glasses. 

  • Like 3
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a story that start's with Andy moving to Manchester, it then follows the lives of 6 people from there point of view. They are all very different and complex characters but there lives become interwined through events that occur to draw them together. the story is told from a different persons perspective in each chapter. I highly recommend this as a read especially if you fancy something different to what you would normally read.

  • Like 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..