Jump to content
    Superpride
  • Author
  • 5,590 Words
  • 2,022 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Charming: Part I - 15. Chapter Fifteen

“Godmother! I can’t take it anymore!” Violet exclaimed, moving to the driver’s seat of the car and began turning the key in the ignition.

“You have to be patient, Violet,” Cecil said as he poked his head over her shoulder. “Zev and Lucky probably have it all handled.”

“And what if they don’t? I’ve been patient for my whole life, waiting in a tower until my Prince Charming came to save me. Well, I’m done waiting!” Violet continued to turn the key, but when the car didn’t even make a sound, she dropped her forehead on the steering wheel and sighed heavily. “I don’t want to be the damsel in distress anymore. I want to be the hero, and it looks like I can’t even start this damn car.”

A sudden noise alerted Violet, causing her to look through the driver’s side window to see a line of black cars driving across the frozen lake. She knew, without a doubt, that the people in those cars were vampires. They must have figured out how to use the Mirror of Reason back in Violet’s tower and have arrived here to acquire what the Snow Queen had, a piece of the Magic Mirror. This was very bad.

“I hear cars driving by,” Cecil said.

“Yeah, I see them right now. I need to call Lucky!”

Pulling out her phone, Violet quickly tap her finger on the screen and called Lucky; thankfully there was enough reception for the call to go through. Unfortunately, the call went to voicemail, and after several more attempts led to the same automated voicemail system, all she could do was send a quick text message before looking back at the line of cars that were quickly advancing to the Snow Queen’s palace.

“He’s not answering, is he?” Cecil said with furrowed eyebrows.

“No. He’s not… Oh, Godmother! What are we going to do?” Violet exclaimed.

“I…I think I know what to do.” Cecil held the rim of his shaded glasses with his hands before dropping them to his side again. “But…I have to take my glasses off.”

“Can you do that?” Violet asked, turning her body around to face Cecil.

“Yeah... If I do that, I can unlock my ability to create snow bees just like the Snow Queen. I can create an entire swarm of them, and they can move this car to the palace,” Cecil explained as he started reaching for his glasses again.

“That’s great! Let’s do it then!”

Dropping his hands again, Cecil said, “But…I don’t know if I can.”

Concerned, Violet moved to the backseat of the car and placed a hand on Cecil’s that was cold to the touch. “What’s wrong, Cecil? Is it because of your curse?”

Cecil nodded. “It’s not simply seeing the world in a different way… It’s seeing everything as this ugly, often horrifying form and knowing that is part of the truth. That is the reason why I live as a blind man…and I don’t want you to see me without my glasses… It’s disturbing to say the least, and that’s honestly the worst part of taking my glasses off.”

For the short time that Violet had known Cecil, she always saw him as very upbeat and happy despite that curse that was afflicting him. It was strange and saddening to see him in this state, afraid to see the ugly truth of the world as well as revealing what he looked like without the glasses. However, Cecil needed to activate his ability of creating snow bees to move this car and take them to the palace before the vampires did. Also, the man helped Violet cope with having lost most of her hair, her identity, last night in that office and back in his apartment before she decided to voluntarily cut the rest of her hair. Now it was her turn to help Cecil overlook his discomforts and save the day.

Gripping his hand warmly, Violet scooted closer to Cecil and said, “I understand how you’re feeling right now, Cecil. Being isolated from the rest of the world while being stuck in my tower for most of my life really makes me see the ugliness of my situation and the world in return. However, I always believe there is inherit beauty in this world as well, and one of them is empathy… You don’t have to be afraid that I’ll think of you as this monster if you take your glasses, Cecil. I understand your situation, and I can see beyond just superficial appearances. Do you believe me?”

Turning his head slowly to face Violet, Cecil then smiled. “I do.”

Taking a deep breath, Cecil lifted his hands to his glasses, and as they shook Violet placed her own hands onto Cecil’s, which helped calm the shaking. Together, they slowly took off his glasses and she saw his closed eyes that then opened to reveal his light blue eyes that had cracks all over the sclera like cracked glass. The sight was certainly unexpecting, but overlooking the physically anomaly, Violet saw still Cecil as a very handsome man with his blue eyes intensifying his appearance like a bright ray from the Sun.

Violet placed a warm hand on Cecil’s cheek, causing him to smile brightly as she continued to look at right in the eyes. “See? That wasn’t so bad, was it?”

“Yeah…and Godmother, you’re beautiful,” Cecil admitted, which caused Violet to raise an eyebrow. “I don’t know why, but I only see a beautiful woman in front of me. You really are what I expected all along.”

Violet blushed, and she was about to say more, but then she remembered the vampires driving to the palace and instead said, “Cecil. We need to go the palace when there’s still time.”

Cecil nodded, and he looked around the car before moving to the driver’s seat. “Okay. Just let me concentrate.”

Violet moved to the passenger’s seat and was advised to put on her seatbelt by Cecil, which she did. Looking through the windshield, she witnessed the snow on the frozen lake begin to swirl around the car, clumping together to form small objects that must have been the snow bees. Then the car started to lift off the ground, and Violet held onto the armrest of her seat as the car began to spin in a clockwise direction. Groaning, she closed her eyes and concentrated on something other the nausea that was building inside her stomach. Cecil said that they were almost there as he clipped in his own seatbelt, and then the spinning car slowed down before dropping lightly onto the ground.

Breathing heavily, Violet slowly opened her eyes and saw the tall, double-door entrance of the Snow Queen’s palace. “We…We made it!”

“We did,” Cecil confirmed. “Are you okay?”

Violet chuckled. “A little dizzy…but I’ll live.” Looking back at the entrance, she then said, “So, how are we going to get inside?”

Scratching his chin in thought, Cecil then gripped the steering wheel and said, “Are you ready for another ride?”

***

Holding his sword with both hands as his breath became heavier, Lucky looked at the defeated guards of the Snow Queen. Unfortunately, the guard once again rematerialized back into their original forms, which caused both him and Zev to curse. Zev tried to use his breath to blow away the guards, but instead of blowing them away his breath created a type of armor made of ice that covered the guards from head to toe. This made it more difficult for Lucky to slay them, and when he did they just formed back into new guards. This was a losing battle, and as Lucky was losing his stamina, he did not register one of the guards lunging towards him at this side with its spear in a horizontal position.

Zev quickly moved in front of the spear’s end, blocking the weapon from striking Lucky. Instead, the weapon pierced Zev’s midsection, and Lucky witnessed in horror as Zev held the spear with both hands to prevent the weapon from piercing further into his body. Lucky quickly swung his sword at the handle, breaking it and allowing Zev to back away with the spear end of the weapon still lodged in his body. Lucky guarded Zev as he slowly pulled the spear away and tossed the bloody piece to the ground.

“Are you okay, Zev?” Lucky asked in panic.

“It’s all right. It’ll heal,” Zev replied as he covered the wound with a hand.

Swinging his sword at another spear, breaking it, Lucky said, “We need a new strategy.” Looking at the Snow Queen who sat at her throne with her legs crossed and her hands clasped under her chin, he then said, “We’re not going to win this.”

Zev groaned and nodded. “Maybe Cecil can help. Call Violet now.”

“Pull the phone from my pocket. I need to stall these guards.”

Pulling Lucky’s phone from his coat pocket with his free hand, Zev started to call Violet when a crashing noise was heard. After swinging his sword at another guard, Lucky looked up to see the ornate ceiling of the palace falling apart and a large object falling through it. Luckily for them, they were backed against a wall as the ceiling collapsed onto the guards and the object gently landed into the plume of snow. After the snowy debris settled, he saw that it was Zev’s car and exiting out of the vehicle was Violet and Cecil…without his glasses.

“That was fast,” Zev remarked.

“I try,” Cecil said with a smile. “We thought you two could use some help.”

Violet giggled and Lucky smiled, knowing that the battle was not over yet. Then a scream was heard, and Lucky turned to see the Snow Queen standing up from her throne before hovering down to the ground with an enlarged snowflake below her feet.

“How dare you damage my palace with this vehicular invention. I will—”

“It’s you!”

Lucky looked at Violet who looked shocked as she began walking towards Snow Queen. “Do you know her?”

“I do… Hello, Stepmother.”

The Snow Queen looked confused, but then recognition appeared on her face before she said, “Violet… This can’t be you.”

“It is. I guess you don’t recognize me without my hair,” Violet replied. “I don’t recognize you either. You look like you’ve seen better days.”

The Snow Queen then scoffed and said, “And it was because of your father who decided to steal some of my winter greens from my garden to heal your ailing mother…but that wasn’t it. He used his power as a king to steal my Mirror of Reason as well, which your mother gave birth to you in, granting you the ability to incredible beauty through sunlight with your golden hair.”

“Yes, and then you made him marry you, so you wouldn’t harm me and so you wouldn’t be alone anymore,” Violet stated before shaking her head. “And when my mother died, my father decided to end the arrangement, and you decided to imprison me against my will to the tower where the Mirror of Reason was relocated at by using my hair as a kind of chain… You really are a bitch.”

“I only did what I thought was just!” the Snow Queen exclaimed, causing the palace to shake. “You will never be able to even imagine the torture I endured after so many centuries of living alone and isolated from the rest of the world, then to see a happy couple with a child on the way, something that I can never have…I thought that coming to America, disguised as a colonist among other witches would allow me to have a new life outside of the persecutions in Europe…but I was very wrong. I now know that ugliness is everything, even on the face of a beautiful woman such as you, Violet. Now die!”

The car was flipped over, and the Snow Queen’s guards manifested again, all of them even bigger and layered with armors of ice. The Snow Queen then hovered back to her throne as Violet and Cecil joined Lucky and Zev against the wall. The guards approached them at a steady pace, and Lucky readied his sword for another round when snow began swirling in front of them, clumping together into snow bees before forming into guards as well. For a moment, he thought that they were reinforcements, then the guards, with their spears, started marching towards the other guards. Then they started battling one another, and Lucky looked at Cecil who winked at him.

“Are you the one doing this?” Lucky asked.

Cecil nodded. “Yup, and there’s another reason why we came.”

“We’ve spotted a line of black cars driving towards the palace, and we believe it’s Lilith and her legion of vampires,” Violet added. “We need to get out of here before more hell breaks loose.”

“We can’t leave without a piece of the Magic Mirror,” Lucky said, looking back at the Snow Queen who was looking at the battle.

“Lucky! There’s no point of getting the mirror if we get killed by Lilith’s vampires!”

“Crap! Her guards are too strong!” Cecil shouted.

Lucky looked back to see the Snow Queen’s guards decimating Cecil’s smaller guards like they were mere snowmen. He then saw one of the guards raising its spear before throwing at their direction. Zev managed to pull Lucky away of the spear’s direction, causing them to the fall onto the ground. A cry was then heard, and Lucky turned his head to see Violet against the icy wall with Cecil facing her, his hands on either side of her head. He then saw spear jutting from his back and the pointed end appearing out of his front, and Lucky knew the worst had just happened.

“Cecil!” Violet cried.

The man managed a small smile before falling onto the ground. Lucky and Zev quickly stood back up and went to their fallen comrade. Violet was sobbing as she moved Cecil onto her lap and placed a hand on his cheek. Lucky saw that his eyes looked like shattered glass, and he watched as the man struggled to breath with blood blooming on the exit wound and pooling onto the white, icy floor.

“Cecil. Stay with me, honey,” Violet begged as she petted his cheek. “Don’t die on me.”

“I…I can’t. My eyes are getting heavy.” A smile spread on Cecil’s face, and he said, “I’m just happy to see something beautiful once again.”

“Cecil! Please stay with me!”

Cecil did not respond as his eyes closed and his body went limp. Violet’s eyes widened, and when she called out his name and shook him lightly without a response, she squeezed her eyes closed and bowed her head as she started cry. Lucky felt tightness in his throat as he watched Violet cry over Cecil’s body, her tears dropping onto his face and eyes. Zev’s eyes were squeezed shut as well as Lucky placed a hand on his shoulder for comfort, and for support.

A choking was suddenly heard, and Lucky turned around to see the Snow Queen slowly approaching them with her hands clutched to her chest. He quickly stood back up and positioned his sword, but the Snow Queen did not look she was ready to attack them, but she was sobbing instead. Zev stood by his side as they both watched the Snow Queen’s face start to crack along the scars that lined her face. And when she fell to her knees, a pool of water suddenly formed from where her dress flared out on the floor.

Dropping her hands onto the pool of water, the Snow Queen then looked up and with teary eyes said, “For all these centuries, I’ve only saw ugliness everywhere, even on my own face regardless of how many times of I’ve tried to fix it…but now I see the beauty of a lover sacrificing his own life for someone he loves…and it hurts.”

“Cecil!”

Lucky turned around to see Cecil’s body twitching, and then his eyes slowly opened and started blinking. Lucky and Zev were right by his side as his eyes were fully open, and Lucky watched as the cracks on his eyes were sealed and vanished from sight. Cecil then blinked a few more time before looking at Violet whose jaw dropped when he smiled again and placed a hand on her cheek. The spear had also melted into a warm pool and the wound that Cecil sustained had magically healed as well.

“You’re tears…You’re tears healed me…” Cecil said as he brushed his thumb across Violet’s cheekbone.

“But…But how?” Violet asked, still looking stunned.

“Don’t you see?” Lucky and everyone looked at the Snow Queen who was still hunched on the ground as the pool of water grew around her. “The Mirror of Reason has obviously given you abilities that go beyond your once long hair. You broke from your chains and allowed your lover to see pass the ugliness of the world as well as heal him…and after witnessing this, I feel I am able to see the amount of hurt I have caused to not only you, but everyone else who have once crossed my land.”

An explosion was heard that caused the palace to tremble, and Lucky said, “Does that include vampires because they’re here to take your piece of the Magic Mirror with them?”

The Snow Queen’s eyes widened, and when she closed them she said, “I won’t let them have it. It’ll grant you the mirror instead with the promise that you cleanse the mistake I and my fellow witches have created that is Lilith and her vampires.”

Lucky nodded. “I promise.”

Another explosion vibrated throughout the place, and the Snow Queen smiled before saying, “I’ll have my guards protect you all during your escape… And here is your mirror.”

Lucky watched as the Snow Queen melted into a puddle, as he approached it the puddle then shrank into a foot-long, circular mirror which he picked up in his hands. “Godmother! It’s the piece of the mirror!”

The palace shook once again, and Zev said, “That’s great! Maybe we can appreciate its beauty after we get out here!”

“But how?” Violet asked, pointing her finger at Zev’s car that was flipped upside down.

“Let me,” Cecil said as he stood back up with snow swirling around him. “I’ll use the rest of my strength to flip the car, and after that we have to drive out of here.”

Two guards formed next to the car, and they both flipped the car back onto its wheels before dematerializing. All four of them quickly got into the vehicle with Lucky and Zev at the front. Zev attempted to start the ignition, and it magically started again with the gas meter showing that the gas in the tank was unfrozen. Putting on his seatbelt, Zev stomped on the gas pedal, and the car began driving at a fast speed through the palace’s hall that was collapsing all around them.

As they neared the entrance, Lucky saw the vampires fighting against the guards, and Zev pressed the gas pedal even further. They quickly drove pass the guards, and Zev slammed the car into two vampires who both held onto the hood. He swerved the car, trying to dislodge the bloody creatures, but they did not budge. One of them then moved to the driver’s side window, smashing it and grabbed Zev by the shoulder. Growling, the Big Bad Wolf used his breath on the vampire who froze instantly before he punched the frozen body off the car.

The other vampire broke the passenger’s side window and tried to grab Lucky, but Zev shouted for him to lean his seat back. He did so, and Zev blew his breath once again at the other vampire who froze just like his friend. Lucky then pierced his sword at the vampire, shattering it. Lucky chuckled at what they just did, but when Zev cursed, he looked to see large sections of the ceiling falling onto the floor. Zev swerved the car once again to dodge the collapsing debris. A large piece struck the hood of the car, and Zev did his best to increase the speed with the entrance of the palace in view. They were almost out, and that was when Violet screamed.

“Behind us!”

Looking through the rearview mirror, Lucky saw an avalanche of snow rushing towards them, and Zev increased the car’s speed to its very limit. They then zoomed through the entrance, and after the car crashed against the rear end of one the black cars, Lucky looked again to see the entire palace collapsing, the towers falling inward and disappearing into the plumes of snow. Slowing down, the car then made banging noises before it finally stopped.

Everyone got out of the car, and Lucky watched as the plumes of snow settled down and showed the ruins of the palace that was just a mound of snow. Holding the mirror under his arm, he then looked at it and saw his face that was very clearly reflected on its surface. Snowflakes bordered around the circular mirror, and he swore he also saw the Snow Queen’s face smiling at him before fading away. He could not believe the mission was a success, and he had to thank Zev, Violet and Cecil for the accomplishing it.

Lucky felt an arm around his shoulders, and he tilted the mirror to see Zev right beside him and looking at the mirror as well. “I can’t believe I have a piece of the Magic Mirror.”

“I know, right? So, the Snow Queen transformed into the mirror. Who would’ve thought?” Zev said.

“Well, it’s possible the Snow Queen just teleported herself through the mirror, like a doorway into a different location. Where that is I don’t know. But hopefully the mirror will prove to be enough for me to recreate the original Magic Mirror.”

“Well, I’ll be there to help in any way I can.”

Lucky faced Zev with a smile, and when he leaned his face forward, Lucky quickly snatched Zev’s lips with his own and they enjoyed the moment they had together. Someone then cleared her throat, and Lucky opened his eyes to see Violet looking at him with a smirk as she held Cecil’s hand. Releasing their lips, Lucky chuckled and enjoyed the cool temperature that was not at all frigid as it was before they entered the palace.

“So, now that we have a piece of the mirror, how in the hell are we going to go back to the city?” Violet asked.

Then on cue, a car appeared at the horizon and as it got closer, Lucky chuckled. In its pumpkin-colored glory, Cindi’s sportscar drove to their direction before halting to a stop. The undercover agent then stepped out of her car and after taking her sunglasses off, she said, “So…do you guys need a ride home?”

***

One week passed since the events at the Snow Queen’s palace, and Lucky was studying the properties of the mirror given to him by the queen herself, on the coffee table of Zev’s apartment with Zev cooking a meal with pork at the kitchen, and Violet and Cecil chilling on the same couch while she taught the basics of a first-person shooter. It could not have been more perfect; though, it all of them had to go through a lot of turmoil before they ended up at this state.

The day after the Snow Queen’s mirror was retrieved, Violet discovered that her entire mansion and tower were burned down by an accidental fire, which was undoubtedly a cover-up story by Lilith and her community of vampires to prevent the police from discovering the truth of what happened there. She informed her kingly father about what happened by phone since he was still in a business trip, and it went as expected with her father in disbelief that their home was destroyed and that he was coming home as soon as he could. She neglected to tell him about the truth of the situation since she believed it would be better if she told him in person, and their conversation would definitely include her stepmother, the Snow Queen.

For now, Violet was staying at Zev and Cecil’s apartment, and she seemed to be enjoying her newfound freedom as she fired her rifle at enemy soldiers on the television screen with Cecil happily playing along. Cecil had also undergone some changes as well, but all of it was positive. With his sight returned to normal, he has been enjoying looking at everyday things from the apartment to the outside world of the streets, convenience stores and gas stations. Most of all, he was enjoying his time with Violet, and even though they only knew each for a short time, they were quickly becoming fast friends and maybe even more than that judging by the long looks both of them were giving each other.

The situation was no different with Lucky and Zev. After the event with Snow Queen, Zev has been by Lucky’s side every day, from helping him with getting equipment to help him discover the properties of the mirror to just spending time and getting to know one another. Zev discovered that Lucky was a junkie when it came to really bad shark movies or any other movie that involved bad, computer-generated animals like crocodiles and octopuses with even worse acting. Over the past week, all four of them would watch these movies he rented online and, oh boy, was Zev complaining about the horrendous acting entertainment for Lucky on its own. Also, with Zev’s car being wrecked, Lucky offered his car, which allowed Zev to go to work as his car was being repaired. He really appreciated how the car drive since it was Lucky’s pride and joy after all.

Being with Zev has made Lucky’s week, especially since he lost all communication with his own father. He tried not to think to deeply into it, but he suspected that this lack of contact was because of what happened with the lunch date with Violet. He called his father when Zev was taking Violet home to tell him that he was okay, but after telling that the lunch date had ended early, the king ended the call, which left Lucky empty inside. Zev, though, managed to comfort him through those moments when he thought about his father ghosting him, which helped him focus on the mirror and made him appreciate Zev’s presence more and more. And the times when Cecil enjoyed going out with Violet, which left Lucky and Zev alone were amazing. He did not know half the things that Zev did to his body, but he did not care as he enjoyed the ride and came more time in one night than he ever did in a week. Zev was so virile, and Lucky loved it.

“Godmother!”

Lucky released his fourth and final load onto his chest as Zev collapsed next to him, all musky and sweaty from the sex that was now soaked into the bedsheets. Lucky grabbed the small towel on the nightstand and was about wipe away the mess when Zev moved and lapped it up into his mouth instead. Chuckling, Lucky enjoyed the sight of his lover cleaning him like the wolf that he was. He then leaned his face forward and kissed Lucky who loved tasting himself on his lover’s lips and tongue. Both men then splayed themselves on the bed, and they took their time relishing the high they were experiencing after two hours of nonstop fucking.

“Ready for another round?” Zev asked as he rolled onto his side and looked at Lucky contently.

“You’re kidding, right? I don’t think my ass can take another one,” Lucky said, chuckling.

“That’s what you said before round three and four.” Zev laughed and teased Lucky’s ear with his tongue. “I love it when you’re covered with my scent, both inside and out.”

“I love it too… Okay. Just let me get a drink of water and I’ll be back,” I said and winked.

Zev growled. “You better.”

Lifting himself off the bed, Lucky quickly slid his boxers on and walked out of Zev’s bedroom. In the kitchen, he poured himself a cold glass of water and gulped it down graciously. Putting the cup in the sink, he was about to head back to the bedroom when he heard a doorbell ringing. He wondered who the person could be since the time was almost midnight. He then figured it was Cecil and Violet, probably forgotten the key to the apartment.

Walking to the front door, Lucky then heard his phone buzz on the coffee table and decided to check it first. He was surprised to see a message from Violet who texted him that she and Cecil were not going to return until three, and that he and Zev better be quiet by the time they both got back. The doorbell rang again, and Lucky was curious with who the person at the other side of the door was, also slightly worried since the apartment was not located in the best neighborhood and the neighbors one floor below were burglarized three days ago.

Walking to the front door, Lucky looked through the peephole, but he didn’t see anyone through the lens, and then he felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped.

“It’s okay, Lucky. It’s me,” Zev said from behind him.

Lucky cursed and looked at Zev who was also in his boxers before saying, “Don’t sneak up on me like that.”

“Sorry. It’s just part of my nature,” Zev said with a chuckle. “Who’s at the door?”

Shrugging, Lucky replied, “I don’t know. I didn’t see anyone through the peephole.”

The doorbell rang once again, and Zev decided to look through the peephole himself. “Strange… It could be a robber trying to trick us into opening the door. Stand back, Lucky. I got this.”

Lucky took a few steps back, and Zev unlocked the door, waiting a few seconds before opening the door swiftly, only to the introduced by no one but an open box. “A box?”

“What the hell?” Zev said as he crouched down.

Lucky walked to Zev’s side and saw that inside the cardboard box was a frog. The frog was large, twice as large as an average frog and the creature looked at both Zev and Lucky like the amphibian had some form of intelligence. The frog then lifted its front feet onto the edge of the box and croaked a few times as it continued to look at both men with it bulging eyes.

“Do you own a frog?” Zev asked as he lifted the box with the frog inside.

“Not that I know of,” Lucky responded as he looked at the frog more closely. “I guess someone didn’t want the frog anymore and decided to leave it at the doorstep like someone unwanted, newborn baby.”

“Why is it looking at us like that?” Zev asked with his head cocked to the side.

“It could be intelligent, like one of those talking animals that raise abandon children in the jungles.”

“So…you want to keep it?” Zev asked, looking like he was not interested in taking a frog into his home.

Lucky shrugged. “I don’t know. What do we even feed it?”

A fairy flew around him and Zev, pestering them as the creature giggled before it was snatched by the frog’s tongue and consumed.

“Well…that issue is solved,” Zev said with amusement.

The frog croaked again before hopping from the box and onto Lucky’s shoulder. The amphibian seemed to settle on his shoulder like it was parrot, and as he looked at the oddly cute creature, he wondered who this frog once belonged to since it seemed strangely obedient and would not cause too trouble, at least not yet.

Scratching the frog’s chin, which the creature responded by tilting its head back, Lucky then said, “I guess we have a new roommate.”

Zev smiled and kissed Lucky on the cheek, the frog croaking in return. As Zev went to the kitchen to fill a container with water for their new pet, Lucky walked to the coffee table and looked at the mirror that the Snow Queen gave him a week ago. It took a while to learn the properties of the device, which proved to be easier than expected.

The mirror was exactly what he needed to recreate the Magic Mirror; however, he needed another mirror to duplicate the properties necessary to construct that magical item, and that meant finding the mirror of the Witch of the Woods. She supposedly used the mirror to transform men and women into their inner monsters as well as disguising herself to fool people into believing she was someone else. And a clue to her location involved smoke.

Lucky thought he just needed the Snow Queen’s mirror to recreate the object of the Snow White tale, but it looked like his journey was not over. Though he was concerned about pressing his luck further by finding another mysterious witch, he knew that he had Zev by his side as the man returned with a water-filled water, which the frog hopped into.

Zev winked at Lucky, and he knew that their story so far was only the beginning.

Copyright © 2017 Superpride; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Well guess the evil woman was right about seeing a loved one die would break . Love the froggy

 

Yeah, a frog that eats pesky fairies is a good thing in my books haha.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

The Snow Queen's guards were disturbingly adaptive and resilient. The trick all along was getting to the Snow Queen herself. Violet and Cecil managed the trick in exactly the way the Snow Queen had originally proposed to Zev and Lucky.

 

I'm suspicious of mysterious gifts from unknown donors. I'm not wondering what this frog is, but who is in there and who sent it.

 

I am sorry to  see part one end, but I'm looking forward to the adventures part two will bring.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

A nice resolution to this part of the story, I'm looking forward to the sequel!

Tho I am suspicious of the frog and whoever left it there.

Also, Cecil and Violet need to move out so Lucky and Zev can have their marathon sex sessions whenever they want!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, drpaladin said:

The Snow Queen's guards were disturbingly adaptive and resilient. The trick all along was getting to the Snow Queen herself. Violet and Cecil managed the trick in exactly the way the Snow Queen had originally proposed to Zev and Lucky.

 

I'm suspicious of mysterious gifts from unknown donors. I'm not wondering what this frog is, but who is in there and who sent it.

 

I am sorry to  see part one end, but I'm looking forward to the adventures part two will bring.

 

Yes, the Snow Queen literally broke after seeing Cecil and Violet, and they managed to break her curse and acquire a piece of her mirror.  Win-win!  And let's just say the frog is a nod to a well-known fairy tale that has also been adapted to a animated Disney movie...just saying.  The second part of the story will hopefully be just as exciting, if not more, with the same cast of characters as they venture to find the Witch of the Woods.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

A nice resolution to this part of the story, I'm looking forward to the sequel!

Tho I am suspicious of the frog and whoever left it there.

Also, Cecil and Violet need to move out so Lucky and Zev can have their marathon sex sessions whenever they want!

 

Thank you!  The frog is indeed very suspicious, and hopefully we'll discover its origins in the second part of the story.  Cecil and Violet need to find their own place for sure since Cecil's curse has been broken, allowing him to finally see again, and let Lucky and Zev do the dirty without interruption haha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Hellsheild said:

Hello daddy. I'm betting.

I was hoping for vicil...celet? Violet and Cecil.

 

Yeah, shipping Cecil and Violet was my diabolical all along haha.  Also, let's just say that the frog is a nod to the fairy tale about a frog as well.  😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Superpride said:

 

Yeah, shipping Cecil and Violet was my diabolical all along haha.  Also, let's just say that the frog is a nod to the fairy tale about a frog as well.  😉

Tease

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sad to see part one end but eagerly looking forward to the next book.  Can’t wait to see what the new witch in the story is going to demand for her help.   Who will the mysterious frog be???  Thanks and can’t wait for part two. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, glennish said:

Sad to see part one end but eagerly looking forward to the next book.  Can’t wait to see what the new witch in the story is going to demand for her help.   Who will the mysterious frog be???  Thanks and can’t wait for part two. 

 

Thanks again for your comments!  Hopefully the second part of the story will be just as entertaining to read as the first.  😃

Edited by Superpride
Link to comment

Well Very interesting twist to fairy tales great story can’t wait for part 2

Edited by Sussins
  • Like 1
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Sussins said:

Well Very interesting twist to fairy tales great story can’t wait for part 2

 

Thank you for the comment!  Hopefully the second part is just as exciting to read 😃

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..