Jump to content
    Swhouston44
  • Author
  • 262 Words
  • 534 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bleating Off - 3. A Time of Innocence, A time of Confidence


Prompt 187 – Creative
Tag – First Line
“Please, tell me that time is wrong or I am in so much trouble!

“Please, tell me that time is wrong, or I am in so much trouble.”

"Sorry, Sweetie!" The perky honeyed blonde cooed in her posh-speak. "That clock is spot on."

"Well, you can just kill me now, because when I next see Rose, my hide will fly right below the Union Jack."

"Rose, huh?" She asked. "That doesn't sound like the name of a vindictive person."

"We'll, you are right on for the most part, but this happens to be our two years together anniversary."

"Why are you so late then?"

"Fell asleep beneath yonder tree, I did."

"The larch?"

"No, the Pippin."

"You should have taken a lesson from Sir Isaac Newton, young sir."

I rub my head in discovery. "My word! There appears to be a right nasty lump."

"You had better be off, then. This Rose: maybe feeling the knot on your head she’ll be more forgiving."

"I thank you so much, then, kind miss."

"I am sure it will all turn out for you, and who knows, perhaps we'll meet up again someday."

As I turn to leave I hear her say. "Sooner and later, Sweetie,"

Up ahead Rose’s head came in view.

“You better have a bloody good excuse. We’re already hours late.”

“Hang on dear. I do have, mind you. I sat down to rest under a tree and…here, have a feel of this lump here.”

“What are ya going on about?”

“I got a walloping good knot from a pippin.” I told her and held open the tardis’ door for her.

 

FIN?

As always, thanks for giving my doodles the time of day. Remember, if you read it you may as well review it... it's only fair!

Oh...Just so you understand..... All the words of this story belong to me.
All words contained here are mine and mine alone
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..