Jump to content
    Swhouston44
  • Author
  • 352 Words
  • 531 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bleating Off - 4. Prompt 194..... Yachtful of Yokels


Prompt 194 – Creative
Tag – The Boat
You were found unconscious on board a boat that can carry about sixty people. The boat is empty but there are clothing and things belonging to many different people. The police question you to find out what happened. Why were you on the boat and where are the rest of the passengers?

‘On a scale of one to ten, this headache is definitely a fifty or better.’ I open my eyes tentatively. It appears I am laid out on a window sear of sorts, and the room is moving…sort of swaying. I peer about the space I am in…a cabin maybe. I believe I on board a vessel much larger than my modest boat. The last thing I remember, you see, is being aboard making her ready for my friends’ return.

I open my eyes again. Someone is above me.

“Good, you’re finally awake.” He stands up. He is a handsome young man in uniform.

“Pardon me for my bad manners, sir.” He stands erect eyes forward. “I am Yeoman first class Brad Price.”

I raise a hand to rub what I find to be a large lump on the back of my head.

“Charles Manson’s the name Helter Skelter’s the game.” I mutter thickly. Maybe I’m drunk, but I don’t recall drinking anything for several days.

“Stupid of me to say that Mr Price. My name is Denham. Carl Denham.” I tell the sailor. And if I’m not totally daft, the last thing I remember I was being aboard The Venture ( a bilge reeking tank I lovingly referred to as the Annie Transitum.)”

“No you are definitely not daft sir. The boat you speak of is in tow behind us.”

“Why is it in tow? Where is Captain Engelhorn, or Mr. Weston?”

“We found the boat drifting. You were the only crew. You were tied naked to the wheel. Clothes were scattered all over the ship, in piles. All of it was stained with a sticky red juice. You were coated in the stuff too.”

“Oh shit!” I hollered. At first I half believed I’d just mused the words. Then I finished with, “They got Miss Darrow!”

I’d guess we were in a space directly beneath the wheelhouse. Doorway opened out with a view to the bow. In the water a good way off, but too close by all means was the mist shrouded peak of Skull island. . .

Hints at a adventure... subtly, like the title character of the hinted at tale........
All words contained here are mine and mine alone
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/30/2012 02:13 PM, comicfan said:
You left me with more questions then answers. I hope you are continuing this.
You made my day Comicfan. Your questions will undoubtably be answered by googing any of the names I the main character give you...I'll warn you..it should make you feel really small...lol have fun and thank you so much for reading my 'stuff.'
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..