Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Valve Software <br>

Test Subject #00001 - Prologue. Prologue

PROLOGUE

The chassis hung suspended in the vast, spacious chamber. The facility was fully repaired, much to the supercomputer's relief. A lot of work had been done to repair everything that had gone wrong. For example, the labouring task of manually removing 1500 pneumatic diversity vents from broken test chambers and malfunctioning turbines was enough to drive the supercomputer to the point of crushing itself with deadly spike plates, just to relieve itself of the irritating job.

Of course, it had been his fault to start with.

But now it was time to resume testing. The cooperative testing initiative robots had performed a good job of locating the 10,000 test subjects stored deep in the heart of Aperture, although that was a rather generous comment for the robots actually dancing half the way to a vault the supercomputer already knew the location of. But you had to give them credit.

The supercomputer turned its attention to a large screen implanted on the panelled wall. It presented one of the many rooms in the test subject relaxation center, with a test subject curled up in bed. In a microsecond, the supercomputer had scanned her personal file and opened her blank testing record. Of course, waiting for the core assigned to waking up the test subjects in the relaxation center wasn't an option anymore. A manual testing start-up function would have to happen. Something the supercomputer hadn't performed in a long time.

And now, it was time to begin the test.

Copyright © 1998-2022; Valve Software; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2015 The_Jordanator; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Valve Software <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am interested to see if this will become a good story or not. I remember Portal as a funny game, but I have only played it for about half an hour, so the story is still a big mystery to me. But if this anything like "Someone like me" I am in for a treat. Just look over the story description again, there are quite a few typos. ^^

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..