Jump to content
    thecalimack
  • Author
  • 1,600 Words
  • 1,587 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

errorlog.txt - 5. TellTaleHeart

[root@localhost] help

You can do the following: help, read, list, open, run, mv, rmv, cdr, look manual, seek device, send, talk

[root@localhost] talk

Please input Backup Profile:_
LIAM

ERROR: Incorrect file format.


[root@localhost] talk

Please input Backup Profile:_
NOEL


Profile verified. Loading...

Engaging chat server...
Chat opened.

@NOEL: I see you.

@root: Noel? Is that you?

@NOEL: A... badge? Are you the police?

@root: We're here to help you. Can you tell us where you are?

@NOEL: I... ca

ERROR: Unexpected Server Crash.


[root@localhost] talk

Please input Backup Profile:_
NOEL

Profile verified. Loading...

ERROR: Unable to open chat server.


[root@localhost] read 'N-011 - diM.transc'

***

Have you ever felt a dim, cold feeling creep over you? Enough hope to taunt you yet despair stalks closer to you with every step you take? That's what I felt when I recounted the weapons around the house.

The gun is gone. They put it somewhere else. I don't know where it is.

The katana is still in the living room.

I think I've done all I can.

I-I'm terrified. The big day is so close. Less than a week from now. I've been too busy to make update logs. I've been wondering who should have all these files I made.

I've made sure to readjust the wireless cameras to hidden nooks and crannies of the house, dark enough to hide them but enough so they see through the shadows.

The next log may be my last. I just... I needed someone to talk to. This computer... it's all I have.

My... mom always said computers just pull me away from people. Well, they're a lot safer, at least.

Safer than them.

...Pray for me.


*** [END OF FILE] ***

[root@localhost] read 'N-012 - fleE'

***

We just got back from the graduation ceremony. I'm... telling them tonight, after dinner.

My timing... is either the best or the worst. Right after a celebration... dammit.

Was I hoping these festivities would be a buffer? Maybe. I feel like an asshole now.

Well, no time like the present.

Maybe I should have done this sooner. But there's nothing sooner than now.

I'm doing it.


I'll call up a group call, put the phone on mute. I... hope this isn't bad.

*** [END OF FILE] ***


File 'N-037? - d34d' restored.
File 'N-037? - d34d.transc' restored.

[root@localhost] read 'N-037? - d34d.transc'

***

id NOT RAISE A FAGGOT FOR A SON!

ALL THOSE WASTED YEARS OF RAISING A DEMON SPAWN!

YOU LET SATAN INTO THIS HOUSE!

CAN YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF RIGHT NOW?! I'M STILL ME, I'M STILL

SHUT IT! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF THAT GOD FORSAKEN MOUTH!

I'll get the gun.

Look, I'll leave the house, there's no need for th

Like I would let you walk away with things we worked for, things we spent blood, sweat, and tears for!

Those are BLESSINGS THE LORD GAVE US! THAT IS NOT SOMETHING A DEMON LIKE YOU SHOULD TAKE AWAY!

Can you hear yourselves right now? I own at least half of those. Gifts, part-time jobs I spent on those. Those are my things. And the gun? What happened to the love and respect we listen to at church? I... expected more from you people. I didn't expect you all to come to this.

It's not murder if THE THING HAS NO SOUL!

CAN YOU SEE WHAT KIND OF A DISGRACE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW? PUTTING SHAME TO THE FAMILY NAME?! We worked for that name and you soil it with THIS?!

I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR SON! CAN YOU HEAR YOURSELVES? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?! WHERE'S THAT LOVE YOU ALWYAS SAID YOU PROMISED? I DON'T SEE IT!

I thought I was raising a servant of the Lord! All I raised was a HELLSPAWN!

Mom, stop! L-LET GO!

Bring that thing here, honey. Let us do the Lord's work...

Years of raising you and loving you and you bite the hand that FEEDS YOU!

Dad! Stop! You won't get away with this! Do you honestly believe this is what Jesus wanted? Would do? Dad... Dad. Dad! DAD! DAA-90a0=-2as43qtq

IT HURTS! STOP! STOOOO

j2oihgn k Rkfop[eweif9

NO MORE! IT HURTS! I'LL BE GOOD I

sdfjbhiuwehfoiuh32y98hnkk.a

MOMMY! DADDY! SOMEONE! HEEEEEL

mnwkhluhln.jsdjlukft

;ikdrbnibnikfvkjnesvm,

Hel

p

jkdhsauyufbewnu387 UGHIUHJ

***

ERROR: Unexpected End of File.


[root@localhost] read 'Tell-Tale Heart.txt'

Action interrupted.

You have a chat request. Open chat server (Y/N)? Y/N
Opening chat server...

@NOEL: Ah. I remember. Sorry I disappeared. I... felt sleepy.

@root: Are you alright?

@NOEL: No.

@root: Where are you?

@NOEL: I can't see.

@root: Where are you? Let us help you.

@NOEL: I remember a cold blade. I remember the... floor. They broke my phone. No one could find me.

@root: What do you last remember?

@NOEL: You just read it. But... I think I know where they put me. I think... you already found it.

@root: Where?

@NOEL: I... love stories. I always loved stories. You know where it is.

@NOEL: I'll just sleep for a moment. I'm feel really weak...

@NOEL: /terminate

Chat terminated.


[root@localhost] read 'Tell-Tale Heart.txt'

***

They heard! --they suspected! --they knew! --they were making a mockery of my horror!-this I thought, and this I think. But anything was better than this agony! Anything was more tolerable than this derision! I could bear those hypocritical smiles no longer! I felt that I must scream or die! and now --again! --hark! louder! LOUDER! LOUDER! LOUDER!

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --[TEAR UP THE PLANKS]! here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous heart!

First of all I [DISMEMBERED THE CORPSE]. I cut off the head and the arms and the legs.

I then took up ?;?w3 planks from the flooring of the chamber, and deposited all between the scantlings. I then replaced the boards so cleverly, so cunningly, that no human eye --not even his --could have detected any thing wrong. There was nothing to wash out --no stain of any kind --no blood-spot whatever.


I had been too wary for that.

SO CUNNINGLY

Yes, he had been trying to comfort himself with these suppositions: but he had found all in vain.

His fears had been ever since growing upon him.

?dksjfew398990ik lk'pAOKASDFWEFVXZCVZX

***

ERROR Unexpected End of File.
Beginning parsing method...

fINd THEta code Kernel IniTiate in var CHeyENne.
fINd THEta code Kernel IniTiate in var CHeyEN
fINd THEta code Kernel IniTiate in var CHEN
fINd THEta code Kernel IniTCHEN
fINd THEta code Kernel ITCHEN
fINd THEta code KITCHEN
fINd THE KITCHEN
IN THE KITCHEN

Parsing complete. New end defined.

.
.
.

Chat initiated...

@NOEL: Thirty minutes. No response. I think... Ah, I see them. They found me.

@NOEL: I can... get some decent sleep now.

@NOEL: I'm really tired.


[NOEL@localhost] load bprofile(NOEL_INIT)

Counter set to 0.

Destroying log files...
Destruction complete.
Destroying executable programs...

Deleting memory folder '/liam/'...
Deleting backup profile 'Liam'...
Deleting backup profile 'Noel'...

Deleting functions...
Deleting Video feeds...
Severing camera connections...
Sending voice logs to nearest device. Brute-forcing...
Upload complete. Deleting voice logs...
Deleting chat servers...
Commencing full drive reformat. Continue (Y/N)?

N

Continue (Y/N)? N
Continue (Y/N)? N
Continue (Y/N)? N

Investigator. Please...(Y/N) N
I need to sleep. Please. I'm so tired...(Y/N) N
You have everything you need. (Y/N) N
I don't understand.

What about Liam?_


You'll let him know, won't you (Y/N)? Y

Thank you.

Also, I guess you technically entered 'Y' so...

Engaging reformat...
Reformat 80%

Goodbye. And Thank you.

Reformat complete.


Commencing system restart...
Shutting down...

.
.
.
Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2017 thecalimack; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This whole story has pointed to this end. Still I couldn't stop myself from wanting a different outcome. Optimism is difficult to curb. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Puppilull said:

This whole story has pointed to this end. Still I couldn't stop myself from wanting a different outcome. Optimism is difficult to curb.

Dare to hope!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..