Jump to content
    thecalimack
  • Author
  • 249 Words
  • 967 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

errorlog.txt - 6. Epilogue

XX-XX-XXXX

A Tell-Tale Heart
by Francine Bayani


A terrifying tale in our own little town, the body of the young teen Noel Ellis Rosche was found under the floorboards of his own home, dismembered and tightly sealed, possibly for six months. Chief Investigator Howard Thomas called the crime 'a travesty against humanity'. He remarked that the scene was 'a terrifying horror flick brought to life before his eyes'.

...The father and mother plead innocent, but the Jury found them guilty with all the proof found from the data mined from the victim's computer. The two are facing life charges for first-degree murder...

Boyfriend Liam Markov arranged for the young man's funeral, cremating the body and scattering the ashes. He refused to offer any further statements but hoped the log files of this young man, released to the public, would help raise awareness to the dangers and discrimination LGBT Youths face...

...Howard Thomas refused to give further details on his search for the body...

...A number of youth and members of the community mourn the loss of this young man, who apparently touched their hearts in many ways...

...People question the reason for his reluctance to leave. Psychologists suggest social blackmail, which is not uncommon in close-knit communities...

...A mural was painted in the town's small gallery as a commemoration to the young man who suffered through all this, despite touching so many hearts. Gay straight, it did not matter. This man was a person\...

Discussions are open here.
Also, an Afterword from the Author is available in the next chapter.
Copyright © 2017 thecalimack; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Noel was surrounded by others, but nonetheless he felt completely alone or at least without anyone to rely on if things got bad. I'm not sure his parents needed to blackmail him into staying. It takes a lot to push a person to the point of breaking completely with their previous life, their family. There's almost always hope of acceptance, a longing to be loved for you and not for the image someone wants to portray.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Noel was surrounded by others, but nonetheless he felt completely alone or at least without anyone to rely on if things got bad. I'm not sure his parents needed to blackmail him into staying. It takes a lot to push a person to the point of breaking completely with their previous life, their family. There's almost always hope of acceptance, a longing to be loved for you and not for the image someone wants to portray.  

I personally believe that is too often an issue in any relationship: accepting when someone is different from your perceived notions.

 

When you leave little room for openness, it makes this huge gap of trust. Crossing it then becomes a leap of faith.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Christians ?  What christians ?  What kind of monsters are they ?  Although this is fiction, I'm sick to my stomach ... what an awful ending ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..