Jump to content
    Tickie
  • Author
  • 3,348 Words
  • 1,924 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Second Chance - 12. Chapter 12

We pulled up to General Aviation Terminal, and parked Buckaroo. We all deplaned, and Carl picked up the company car, then he pulled around picking up JC and me. We then headed to the company’s office in town. Carl and JC went shopping while I was attending to the business at hand. When I finished with the meeting,

I called Carl on the cell phone. I said, "I'm ready."

Carl… "I'm out front, waiting here for you, Charlie, with a good looking hunk sitting here with me." I chuckled at Charlie, and smiled broadly at JC

Charlie… "You be careful with him, he's precious cargo!" My heart began to race as I thought of JC.... I sprouted a huge grin on my face.

I went outside and got in the car next to JC.

"Did you both have a good time shopping?" I asked.

JC replied. "Well I was just here a few days ago, but not on a shopping tour." He chuckled at the question.

"Oh yes I almost forgot JC, sorry about that, must be the old man in me," I looked into his beautiful eyes that were looking back into mine.

JC… I shot back at Charlie with a snap in my voice. "Charlie will you quit running yourself down like that. You have a bright sharp mind. You are an Intelligent, beautiful person that I'm in love with."

Carl… "I agree with you JC. He is all that and then some."

I Looked into the rearview mirror at Charlie, and smiled at him.

Charlie… I spotted a nicely located Jewelry Store, then, I told Carl, "Find a spot and park at that Jewelry store." I wanted to find something special, for JC and myself. I turned to JC, and said. "Would you like to join me inside?" I wanted us to pick out something special.

JC… "Sure, I would love to." I replied. I wondered what Charlie had on his mind.

Charlie… We parked. JC and I got out and went inside the shop. I asked JC, "What kind of jewelry do you like?" I wanted something special for tonight. Not wanting to just buy something I liked, but something JC would be pleased with as well.

JC… "What's the occasion, if you don't mind me asking?" I Looked at Charlie, with a little smile.

Charlie… God, I have to lie to him, and I don't like doing that to him. "Nothing special, I just want to get you a little something to remember your visit."

We just started browsing the store, looking first at rings. Those reminded me too much of James, and what I was going to do later. We looked at necklaces with pendants. JC smiled at them, but I could tell he was not thrilled with them. Then I spotted some beautiful chain link bracelets, in yellow gold. I looked at him with raised eyes I asked, "You like?" I held it up for him to see. Then I handed it to him.

JC... "It's gorgeous, but it's so heavy and expensive. Charlie, you don't need to do this. Please?"

"Ok if that's what you want love?" I had to think, how do I get these for tonight, without JC finding out? JC was still looking around the shop, while I was writing down some information on a slip of paper, namely what I wanted, with the stock numbers and what I wanted engraved on each item, along with other instructions for Carl. I was still not sure how to get it done without JC finding out. Then it dawned on me. I will have Carl come back, and get everything done, and return them to me at Mayoki's. JC picked out a nice bolo tie slide that he liked, so I bought it for him. He was happy with that, and so was I, at least it got me a chance to do what I really wanted to do.

We both left the shop. Carl came around and opened the door for us, as JC got in first as I handed the paper to Carl telling him in a whisper "I need you to take care of this fast. Ok?" Then I slid in behind JC.

Carl got in and we were off to the Chef Mayoki's, the very exclusive and private restaurant. Greg had seen to it that Charles Lambert and guest were on for the evening. We arrived, JC and I got out. He looked at me as I started speaking to Carl.

"Carl, do you have that package Greg sent? Of course I knew he did.

Carl… "Yes" I handed Charlie the package, with a big grin on my face.

Charlie… "Thanks, I will call you when we are ready to be picked up. You will have a few hours to kill so enjoy yourself." I winked my left eye at him, with a big smile on my face, knowing he would take care of the task I had set for him on the piece of paper I had handed him earlier.

JC… "I have been to Honolulu, many times and I have never even heard of this place." He looked at me curiously.

Charlie… "Well this is a very exclusive restaurant, only serving one couple per night. Normally it takes a year to get a reservation. Greg seems to have an inside track. Don't ask me how, but he does. Of course there's a little greasing of the Palm that goes along with it."

JC… I looked at Charlie and said, "Are you sure about this love, I am flattered and honored that you would have me for dinner here." He is so spoiling me.

Charlie… "I don't think I would bring you here to have you for dinner, I think it would be better on buckaroo. And we would not have to dress for it either." I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

JC… "Stop it Charlie," I was laughing and blushing at the same time, "You know what I meant, Damn it," Still laughing so hard I started choking, Then Charlie slapped me on the back.

Charlie… "Sorry love but you left the door open for that one."

As we entered the establishment, I met Chef Mayoki, and said, "Hello, I am Charles Lambert and this is my guest JC Andersen," I smiled broadly at him.

Chef… "Welcome to my establishment, please follow me,"

Charlie… He led us down a hallway through a set of sliding doors onto a covered patio, several tiki torches were burning, around the outside, accenting the patio. There was the sound of the ocean; the waves were splashing on the rocks. We were so close to the surf that you could almost feel the mist of the ocean spray. The mood was of total romance, and the evening air was so comfortable. He seated us. Then said, "I will be back with some refreshments and hors d'oeuvres." He bowed to us as he left.

"What do you think of this place?" I asked.

JC… "It's absolutely gorgeous. The mood is perfect for the islands, and for us." I wondered what Charlie has on his mind, could it be? If it were what I thought it was, I would say yes in a heartbeat. Don’t go there I told myself, it's too soon.

Charlie... "I was only here once before, and that was with James, a long time ago, and if I'm not mistaken, Chef Mayoki is the son of the original, Chef Mayoki."

JC… "Charlie you didn't have to bring me here, I don't like seeing you hurting over old memories. Don’t take me wrong I don't ever want you to forget James, but it hurts me to see you hurting, for whatever reason. I guess maybe that's what love is all about, not wanting to see your partner hurting." I stared at Charlie with glassy eyes, not crying, just welling up.

Charlie… "Thank you JC, that's the most heartfelt comment anyone, and I mean anyone, has ever given me. I can't ever remember anyone putting love into any better phrase. Thank you from the bottom of my heart." I reached over the table and took his hand in mine, and held it for a long time. I just sat there looking into his beautiful eyes, we were talking without words, but we knew exactly what the other was thinking, a melding of the minds at it purist state.

Then a nice looking young Polynesian lady appeared, carrying two Mitie's and a tray of hors d'oeuvres. Don’t ask me what they were, but they were exquisitely made, with a taste to match. Placing it on the table then lighting the two candles.

JC… "When do we order?" I didn’t want to be ignorant, but normally, you order, at a restaurant.

Charlie… I chuckled at him and said, "Love, we don't order, Greg has arranged everything. Believe me, he knows me better than I know myself. And, he has done his homework and he pretty well He knows what you like and don't like as well... Sometimes I think he worked for the Secret Service"

JC… "You have to be kidding me. I have never been into a restaurant anywhere that you don't order your meal." I was sitting there still holding Charlie's hand in total amazement. I must've looked like I was lost.

Charlie… "It's okay love. Don’t worry about it, I'm sure we'll enjoy it, if not, it will be the first time Greg has disappointed me." I Looked at JC with an earnest grin.

We just sat there for while sipping our drinks not really not saying a lot, out loud, just enjoying each other's company and telling each other with our eyes and our smiles. Then the young lady appeared carrying two more drinks, and two very large shrimp cocktails in brandy snifters. She placed them on the table, putting one of them in front of each of us. She Bowed and left the patio. The shrimp cocktails were fabulous; the shrimp was so tasty and mouth-watering.

JC just sat there eating and not saying anything, but you could tell he was in heaven, enjoying the fine food.

It seemed like an hour since the shrimp cocktails, but in reality it was more like 20 minutes, when the Young lady returned with a beautiful large wooden bowl filled with a fruit salad and two smaller bowls. She placed them on the table, picking up the used dishes.

JC… "This food is out of this world Charlie, everything is delicious." I smiled at him, and he returned the smiles, I still have a funny feeling something special is going to happen tonight. Or will it?

Charlie... "Yes it is, love, it’s scrumptious, or delicious, whatever you want to call it."

Then chef Mayoki and the young lady came in, he was carrying a large platter with a suckling pig dressed with all types of greenery, and the young lady was carrying dinner plates, silverware, and two more drinks. I thought with a giggle; they are trying to get us drunk. Setting the platter down, he picked up the two carving utensils and began to carve. It was just a little bit larger than a football. It smelled delicious and looked scrumptious. After carving he dished up my plate first and asked me to taste, waiting for my approval or disapproval. I tasted it and it melted in my mouth. It had the most exquisite taste I had ever had in a piece of pork, I said, "delicious very delicious!" Then I looked at JC with a dreamy expression of how good it tasted.

Chef Mayoki then dished up his second plate placing it in front of JC asking him to taste it, waiting for his approval or disapproval.

JC… "It’s out of this world delicious. By far the best pork I have ever tasted." Chef Mayoki and the young lady bowed and left us to eat. We had no idea that we were really that hungry, but, we devoured that suckling pig. We were both so stuffed. We just laid back in our chairs. I thought for a minute that we were going to fall asleep. We just looked at each other, reached out and held each other’s hands. I spoke saying.

Charlie... "JC I have something I want to ask you, before I spring the next surprise. I know I keep telling you that there are too many years between us to become lovers, companions, partners, or soul mates. But these last few days have changed my mind, I can see the love in your eyes, and I can feel the love in my heart. I don’t know if this is too soon to ask you this." I was not able to finish when JC spoke,

JC... "Charlie if you are about to ask me, what I think you are, the answer is a resounding yes; I love you more than life itself, ever since I saw you on that plane going into Paris I became attracted to you. I set my sights that night on getting to know you better, I hoped against hope, and prayed that we would get together forever. All I can say is three simple words. I love you."

Charlie...

"Now can I finish what I was saying?" I smiled at JC "but I was gonna ask you, if you would become my life partner. Only God knows how long that would be? But you have already answered that question." I stood up, walked around the table, reached out, pulled JC up, and kissed him, a deep passionate, long lasting kiss. Then I pulled out the small box and opened the outer wrapper, until there were two small boxes. One box had a letter "J" on it. The other box had a letter "C" on it. I put them on the table so he could see the letters on them.

"Those are something very special to me. I am not here to give you one. I just wanted you to see them, before I do what I need to do." I had tears again, and I promised myself that I would not cry, but holding back the tears was getting unbearable.

JC… "Are you asking me to look at those two boxes?" I thought, I know what they are, but what is he going to do with them? God I hope not, he wouldn't do that.

Charlie… "Yes I am." I have to do this, for myself, or I will never get over James...

JC...

JC reached over opening the box with a letter 'C' on it, inside was a simple gold band with the inscription on the inside that said. "To Charlie with all my love James" I said, "Oh god Charlie this is your wedding ring?" Then I put the ring back so gently, picking up the box with the letter 'J' on it, inside that box was the same simple gold band with the inscription on the inside that said. "To James with all my love Charlie" I was now crying, knowing what was about to happen, not wanting it to. But this was Charlie's decision, and I had no control over it. I told Charlie, "Charlie I think I know what you are about to do, I'm not going to try to stop you. Personally I don't think you should do this."

I reached over and took the two rings out of the boxes holding them in my right hand, asking JC to hold my left hand. Then we walked off the patio toward the sea JC pulled back saying.

JC... "Please Charlie think about what you are doing." I just walked with him to the edge of the sand, and the rocks.

Charlie... "I must do this JC, or I will never be over him." I pulled JC up onto the rocks, and walked out to the edge. I looked at JC then at the ocean and I solemnly said, "James my love, I have been faithful for a long time without you. I have now found someone that loves me, and I love him. I must now let you go. I will always cherish the memories we made together for eternity, goodbye, love until we meet again."

I then through both of the rings as far out to sea as I could, watched, but I didn’t see them hit the water. JC took me in his arms, and began hugging me. We were both crying, no, we were sobbing onto each other’s shoulders. I said, "Can we go back to the table, love."

JC… "Yes Charlie, let’s go back." I could not believe what had just happened, my heart ached for Charlie knowing that had to be terrible for him to do what he had just done. I wondered what else he had on his mind.

We arrived back at the table and by then the young lady had cleared the table of all the dirty dishes, and had two more drinks, and a another box on the table wrapped individually, one said JC and the other said Charlie. These two boxes were long and slender. I knew what they were because I had Carl get them for me. True to his word, they were on the table before dessert was served.

JC…I looked at the table and said, "I see there are more surprises, but I don’t think I can take much more." I knew this had to be a wonderful evening for both of us, but, also a heart wrenching experience for Charlie.

Charlie…"That was hard for me, but it’s something I had to do,"

JC… "I understand." I hope he doesn’t regret it tomorrow."

Charlie… "Here." I handed JC the box marked with his name. I Watched him began to open it. I hoped he would enjoy it.

JC...

"Oh my heavens, Charlie, it’s gorgeous! I told you not to do that" I held it in my hand again, for the second time tonight, only it was now engraved. How did he do that? He is amazing.

Each link of the chain was engraved with an unusual design; engraved on the surface of the wide ID section were the letters 'J.C.' in script, on the inside it was blank. Except for the 18 karat gold that was stamped into it.

"Thank you Charlie, it’s truly beautiful. Can I look at yours?" I smiled at him… looking like a little kid at Christmas.

Charlie… "Sure" I wanted him to see them both.

JC… I opened Charlie’s box and it was identical, except that the ID plate was engraved with 'Charlie' in the same script as mine was. I smiled and said "They are truly exquisite"

Charlie… "I was hoping you would like them." I then took his hand and put the bracelet that said 'Charlie" on his right wrist, "Now I have branded you!" I smiled at him.

JC took the one that said 'J.C.' on it and put it on Charlie's right wrist. "Well if that's the way you do it in Wyoming, I guess I have just branded you my love.

Charlie…

Then the young lady came out with a flaming dessert of some kind, I still don't quite know what was, but it was good. After we finished our dessert, and coffee, Chef Mayoki came out and asked us how everything was. We both told him it was fabulous. And I gave him a rather large tip. I called Carl to let him know we were ready. He was outside, waiting for us, as we walked up to the car, Carl got out and came around to meet us.

Carl… "How was your dinner? You both look like something went wrong?" I wondered what had happened, they both looked like they had been crying.

Charlie... "Nothing, Carl, I just had some old memories that I had to shed, and some new ones to start!" I gazed lovingly into JC’s deep dark blue eyes...

This story is also posted to Nifty Archives under Adult Friends.<br />A Second Chance by Tickie copyrighted by the author<br /><br />A Second Chance<br />By: Tickie<br />(Copyrighted by the author)<br />Editor: Radio Rancher
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..