Jump to content
    Tim Hobson
  • Author
  • 13,898 Words
  • 660 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Visit - 1. Short Story - The Visit

The whole story consists of this one chapter.

THURSDAY

Bruce Hutton struggled with the front door while trying to maintain his grip on three heavy bags of groceries, being extra careful not to drop the one containing the wine bottles. The handle fought back, but he finally managed to press it down. It released, and the door swung open.

Stepping over the threshold, he muttered to himself, “Where the fuck is he? He knew I would need help with all this shit!”

Stumbling over to the kitchen counter with his burden just in time to avoid a disaster, he overheard his husband, Miles Anderson, in the next room speaking on the phone with heated animation, “But, Natalie, we were...uh...thinking of taking a few days off and...heading over to the shore”

Bruce furrowed his brow as he deposited the cloth bags emblazoned with the QFC logo onto the granite countertop. This was the first he had heard about a beach getaway, and the early June weather was a little cold for swimming in the ocean or body-surfing—their favorite pastime at their condo on the Pacific coast of Washington.

Miles continued speaking with the caller, but his voice was fading into surrender, “I’m not sure. I’ll have to check with Bruce. He may have made other plans.”

As his husband stepped into the dining room, Miles looked at him with a deep frown, shook his head, and mouthed, “We’re. Fucked.”

Bruce’s eyes widened and his eyebrows crept up his forehead. He put both hands on the sides of his head and silently screamed “NO!” mimicking the painting by Edvard Munch, but he knew his big sister, Natalie Bronson, only too well. Even without being told the purpose of the phone call, he realized from growing up with her that once she had set her mind to something, it was pointless to argue.

It proved to be a self-fulfilling prophecy when, two minutes later, Miles meekly gave in. “OK. But only for the week.” Miles’ shaking head and disgusted expression as he turned to Bruce said it all.

“That was Natalie.”

“I gathered as much.”

Taking a deep breath, Miles laid out the bad news with regret in his voice. “She and Ron are going on a couples’ retreat with their church. Karen has been invited to San Diego with a girlfriend’s family, and they had arranged for Keiran to stay with Ron’s parents while they were away.” He sighed, “But the grandparents have both come down with the flu or something, and your Dad and Beau are in Hong Kong on business, so she needs someplace else to park your...our nephew.”

“What the fuck? Isn’t the kid eighteen years old? Why does my nephew need a goddamn babysitter?”

Shrugging in exasperation, Miles said, “You know your sister: ‘If anything can go wrong, it will, especially if a teenage boy is left in charge.’ ”

“So I take it we’re elected to in loco parentis duty.”

Miles nodded helplessly and added, “Brace yourself. He’s arriving this weekend.”

“Damn. That’s only two days from now. Thanks for the fucking heads-up, Natalie!”

“Uh...and there’s one thing more.”

“Shit. Of course there is.” Bruce’s shoulders drooped and he cocked his head to one side. With Natalie, it was always one more thing. He tried to be supportive as Miles sighed in defeat and dropped the bombshell.

“Keiran is bringing a friend. I was so pissed off I forgot to ask the friend’s name.”

Breathing in through his mouth, Bruce shook his head slowly. Seeing Miles’ expression of regret and dismay, he cursed himself for his insensitivity. Closing the distance between them, he fondly rested one hand on the shoulder of the man he loved and gently massaged it.

With a consoling tone of voice, he said, “Well, I guess it’s settled. We’re having houseguests—plural. I’d better check the laundry situation and air out the guest rooms.” The two men rose and went into the kitchen, mentally delineating everything they would need to do in preparation for the visitors.

As Bruce shoved the grocery bags in his Miles’ direction, indicating his penance would be to put everything away, he froze and stared wide-eyed at his husband. “Shit! I bet he’s bringing a girlfriend. Do you think he’ll want to share a room with her?”

Always the judicious one, Miles opined, “Well, I don’t think your uptight religious sister would allow such a thing in her house, but if they’re both eighteen, I’d say they’re old enough to make up their own minds about sex. It’s not up to us to say who they sleep with.”

“Oh, yes it is! Goddammit, it’s our fucking house, and we make the rules here—or have you already decided it would be OK?”

“No, not at all. To tell you the truth, I hadn’t given it a thought. I’m still reeling from your sister’s nerve to dump the kid—or I should say kids—on us.”

Bruce’s voice was firm. “So we’re agreed—it’s two guests, two rooms—and we take no bullshit from them. We’ll fucking lock them in separate rooms at night if we have to!” He said the last part far too melodramatically to be believable.

As his husband left the kitchen, Miles’ eyes followed him with a long, loving gaze.

Bruce came from a patrician family at the apex of Denver society. The two met one night when Miles rescued a drunken Bruce in a dark parking lot where men gathered for quick, anonymous sex. He’d been beaten up and needed medical attention, which Miles arranged with an old Marine Corps buddy so the police wouldn’t be involved.

Miles was an attorney, and without planning on it, he had become the go-to lawyer for gay men in the area. Bruce was an aeronautical engineer and mid-level executive at an aerospace company in Renton, Washington.

They soon became friends, then lovers, and one day found their connection was enduring enough to commit for a lifetime.

It still amazed Miles that he, a boy raised in an uptight Midwestern suburban home, had met and fallen in love with such a totally different kind of man. Their friends remarked that “opposites attract,” but Miles preferred to regard their relationship as complementary—what one of them lacked, the other made up for in spades.

They had been living together in a lakefront house on Mercer Island outside Seattle for eight years when gay marriage became legal in the State of Washington.

The two lovers had gone back and forth on the idea of being married, with one saying they had everything they needed as they were, and the other believing that declaring a public commitment would mean a lot to both of them. Curiously, they swapped sides on the issue almost daily.

Bruce brought Miles to his family’s Thanksgiving Dinner and announced they were getting married on New Year’s Eve. They all expressed their delight about the upcoming wedding. Miles’ only relative was an aunt in assisted living in Minnesota. He wrote to her but was not surprised when he received no response.

Surrounded by friends and Bruce’s family, they tied the knot in the garden of The Inn at Lake Washington. Now, married for two years, they both had to admit it had made a difference in their life together.

Comfortable in their mid-40s, they often felt like an “old married couple” when they went out with gay and lesbian friends, who sometimes turned to them with questions like, “When you two were younger, did you ever think you would take such a big step?”

Most of the time, they laughed it off, but when the question merited a serious answer, they would explain, “If it’s right for you, you’ll know it, no matter how old or young you are.”

Smiling affectionately as his lifemate scurried off to prepare two guest rooms, Miles was so proud of the way they had grown together.

At dinner that night—they almost always ate out because neither of them liked to cook—Miles reached across the table and squeezed Bruce’s hand. “You have a lovely family, and I’m so glad you are close.”

Bruce grinned at the word. “I guess you could say we’re ‘close’—as long as we all stay in different parts of the country!” They both laughed at the truth in his statement.

Bruce’s father, Tom Hutton, was a multimillionaire industrialist who relocated from Denver to L.A. after his wife’s death. To everyone’s surprise, he had married a younger man, Beau Chapman, several years ago.

His older sister lived in Santa Barbara, California, with her eighteen-year-old twins, Karen and Keiran. They moved west after Natalie divorced her husband, Richard Bronson, a corporate attorney in Philadelphia.

Miles reflected on how, in some ways, it was going to be interesting to spend a week with Bruce’s teenage nephew. He was sure so much had changed since he was a teenager that he would probably be shocked, surprised, and even dismayed on a daily basis while the young man was with them.

“What are you thinking?” Bruce inquired.

“I’m thinking that being around a couple of horny teenagers for a few days might be good for us. Who knows? It might breathe a bit of excitement into our sex life.”

“So you think our sex life lacks excitement?” Bruce was half-kidding.

“Oh, no. It’s plenty exciting, but who knows? Maybe the kids can teach us a thing or two. The world has changed a lot since we were their age.” He gave his husband’s hand a squeeze.

Bruce smiled. “I have a another thought.”

Miles raised his eyebrows. “Yes?”

“You already told Natalie we were thinking of heading over to the beach house, so why don’t we take them there? They might feel more at ease at the ocean since they live so close to it in California.”

“That’s a perfect idea,” Miles agreed. “I bet we’ll all be more at ease down there.”

SATURDAY

The next forty-eight hours crept by as both men’s anxiety and worry increased. They kept themselves occupied by opening up their house on Pacific Beach, which had been battened down against the winter weather.

Having responsibility for a teenage boy—or more correctly, young man—thrust on them unexpectedly, they worried and bickered constantly about what approach to take and how far they would be able to assert their authority.

At the same time, Bruce longed to see his nephew and was eager to catch up on the youth’s life and interests, while Miles was focused on his husband’s peace of mind and happiness.

The husbands would have been glad to meet their guests at the airport, but Keiran called to tell them he was driving his new cherry-red BMW. The trip would take eighteen hours, so they would do it over two days. He danced around offering any details about his companion, which only intensified Bruce’s annoyance over the unexpected guest.

At long last, the doorbell rang. Limping from a wound he suffered as a Marine Corps medic in Iraq, Miles hurried to reach the door first, worried that Bruce might give away his displeasure and concern in his face or voice. Taking a deep breath to compose himself, he paused and stared at the door, as though beyond it lay the Great Unknown.

Summoning all his courage and rationality, Miles pasted a smile to his face and briskly opened the door. A handsome youth, tall, blond, and tan, grinned broadly at him. The young man exuded confidence and sexuality. The effect on his uncle was emotional and slightly physical—a sensation the older man immediately quashed.

Keiran had grown up to become the consummate surfer dude. In the two years since Miles had seen him at their wedding, he had shot up to more than six feet in height and was carrying almost 200 pounds of solid muscle.

Natalie had kept them informed about their nephew’s accomplishments—a soccer star and captain of the junior varsity team, as well as an honor student near the top of his class.

Overcome with joy and relief, Miles drew his nephew-by-marriage into a light hug, mindful that the teen might not relish being embraced by a gay man, even his own uncle.

“Keiran! Great to see you! Welcome!”

“You, too, Uncle Miles.” The teenager was surprisingly warm in his return of the hug. Miles figured blood was indeed thicker than water, or more important than sexual orientation.

Holding his nephew at arm’s length, Miles admired, “Keiran, you have certainly grown into a fine young man.” He teased, “I like the little goatee, too. Does your mother approve?”

Miles remembered that the first facial hair was a coveted sign of maturity among men of his age, and Keiran sported a tiny patch of blond fuzz on the underside of his chin.

Keiran blushed and then smiled proudly, saying, “Thanks, Uncle—”

Miles interrupted, “I think you are old enough to call me ‘Miles’ now.”

Keiran beamed, “OK, Miles. Thanks!” He winked, “And Mom said she’d rather see the beard than a tattoo!”

Miles reached down for Keiran’s suitcase. As he bent to pick it up, his head nearly collided with the groin of another young man who was carrying his own bag.

With his face barely inches away from a pair of board shorts that revealed the outline of a good-sized package, Miles found himself so close that he felt the visitor’s body heat and inhaled his intoxicating virile scent. He raised his head and stared up into the bluest eyes he had ever seen. After being frozen in that position for a few heartbeats, he jumped backward reflexively and was immediately embarrassed at the awkwardness of the near-encounter.

Amused by his uncle’s consternation, Keiran hurried to make the introductions, “Miles, this is my best friend, Hank. Hank, this is my Uncle Miles.”

“Pleased to meet you, Sir—” The young Apollo extended his hand to shake.

Stunned, Miles was speechless. Keiran’s companion was a gay man’s masturbatory fantasy of a teenage twink. His realized his “gay-dar” had always been hopelessly unreliable, but for a brief moment he allowed himself to wonder if Hank might be gay, which led to the thought that Keiran might be, too—something Miles didn’t want to think about.

Forcing himself to bury the unwelcome notion, he sputtered, “Oh...yes...hello. I’m glad to meet you, Hank.” He turned to look wide-eyed at Keiran with bewilderment and confusion on his face.

His nephew was also surprised, “I thought Mom told you Hank was coming with me.”

Quashing his suspicions and regaining his composure, Miles smiled and warmly shook hands with the handsome young man, “Yes, of course she did. It must have slipped my mind—I was so happy to see you again.”

Stepping back into the doorway, he continued, “Do come in, boys...uh, gentlemen...uh, guys.” They all laughed as Keiran and Hank followed Miles into the spacious living room.

Bruce had been deliberately hanging back, seated stubbornly on the couch beside the floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace. Clinging to his indignation over the way his sister had manipulated him into babysitting his nephew, he rose to his feet stiffly as the trio approached him.

He was pleased to note how Keiran had matured since his last visit to their home, but when he cast his gaze on Hank, his breath caught in his throat. Accustomed to the effect his friend had on gay men, Keiran grinned.

“Drop-dead gorgeous” was only the beginning of how to describe the handsome young man who stood before him, oozing masculinity and sexual allure. Bruce couldn’t put his finger on it, but despite Hank’s easy virility, something about him hinted that Keiran’s friend was gay. He silently wondered if Miles had picked up on the same vibe.

Bruce hugged Keiran and shook hands with Hank, pleased to note his firm grip and unabashed eye contact.

The young visitor’s piercing blue eyes locked onto Bruce’s with an intensity that sent a chill up the older man’s spine. Together with his golden blond hair, the overall impression was of some Scandinavian film star—Bruce dared not think porn star! He shifted on his feet to discourage the stirring in his pants.

Hank was taller than Keiran, around six-six or -seven. His physique was athletic but also more mature in some way—he was much more than just some teenage jock. No, Hank was a desirable young man who carried himself like he knew what he wanted from life—and how to get it.

After the pleasantries, Bruce said, “Well, guys, I guess you’d like to get settled in your rooms. Keiran, yours is the same as always, and we put Hank in the one next to it that shares a bathroom. I hope the arrangement is OK with the two of you.”

Keiran and Hank exchanged glances sheepishly. Keiran blushed faintly. Clearing his throat, he said, “Well, Uncle Bruce...Hank and I will be fine sharing a room, if that’s all right with you and Uncle Miles.”

Bruce’s head shot up and his voice took on a stern edge. “Sharing? That’s not necessary. We have plenty of room—” he began, then noticed the warning look from his husband. Yet again, the two men approached the question from different perspectives.

Calming his tone and speaking fondly, Bruce told Keiran, “Well, if you two don’t mind sharing, I guess it’s OK with us. Um...it means less cleaning when you leave.” He smiled as he said the last part, hoping to break the tension that had descended on their conversation.

The two teens sighed with satisfaction, relieved that there was not going to be an argument.

Stepping toward his uncle and placing a hand on one of his shoulders, Keiran smiled, “Mom said you’d understand.” In response to the confused expression on Bruce’s face, he went on, “She said two married gay men like yourselves would be good role models for a couple of young gay men like us.”

Bruce was speechless. He had known Keiran for all of his eighteen years, although the distance between their homes was so great that he only saw his nephew every couple of years.

Nevertheless, he had never picked up any hint that Keiran was gay. Even more surprising was the notion that his sister wouldn’t have had a major hissy-fit if he came out to her.

Miles hastened to his rescue. “Well, this is fantastic news, Keiran! Of course, we’re glad to have you here, though I have no idea what kind of role models we’ll be.” He gave Keiran a warm hug with pats on the back, turned, and repeated the gesture with Hank. To Bruce, the exchange with Hank appeared a little too enthusiastic and lasted a tad too long.

Regaining his ability to speak, Bruce enthused, “I couldn’t be happier for you both. You make a handsome couple, and I’m...we’re looking forward to getting to know you a lot better this week.” Realizing how his words might sound, he corrected, “I mean, we’re looking forward to hearing all about you and catching up on family gossip.”

They all relaxed and laughed heartily. The two youths gathered their bags and headed down the hallway to their room.

When they heard the bedroom door close, Miles turned to Bruce in amazement. “Can you fucking believe that? I never in a million years would have guessed Keiran was gay.”

“Your gay-dar has never been particularly accurate, Lover.” Bruce smiled, as they seated themselves side-by-side on the couch.

“I suppose you’re right,” Miles paused to think. “And don’t you agree that the lines are blurred these days? I mean, gay and straight guys often look, act, and talk the same. It’s hard to figure out who’s what.”

Bruce chuckled, “And aren’t you glad? Or do you wish everyone would carry on all swishy like Patrick?” This was a reference to a très outré gay friend of theirs.

“Oh, it is definitely a good thing. Patty is so goddamn flaming that I’m sometimes embarrassed to be around him in a group.”

“And don’t you think that’s precisely what he’s going for?”

Nodding and smiling, Miles agreed. “I guess I’m glad because I’ve had the pleasure of being with a man who is so fucking masculine that it burns me just to touch his hot body.”

“Are you complaining?” Bruce said with a come-hither grin.

Accepting the sexy invitation, Miles sat on his lap and said, “Not in the least, amor mío.” He drew his lover into a deep kiss.

“Umm,” a taunting voice came from the hallway, “Don’t you two have a room or something?”

Startled, Miles and Bruce quickly broke their embrace, straightened in their seats, and gazed up like deer caught in headlights. Keiran and Hank stood at the edge of the living room, grinning like two cats who had swallowed the canary.

Blushing beet-red, Bruce managed a weak smile. “Sorry. We’re so used to being alone in the house that we don’t even think about when someone else is here.”

Miles jumped into the conversation with a broad grin. “And we’re trying to demonstrate to you two newbies how gay men show their love for each other.”

Laughing, the two youths bounded into the room and took seats on the matching couch facing Miles and Bruce across an intricately carved coffee table. Sitting with their bodies touching at the hips, Keiran lifted one leg and draped it over Hank’s.

“So, other than sex, which we’ve got covered just fine, what the hell else do you guys want to do while we’re here?” Keiran teased.

“Sex?” Bruce sputtered and recovered. “Oh, of course. There’ll be plenty of time for, um, that.” He swallowed to buy himself some time before inquiring, “Well, what do you want to do while you’re here?” He turned to Hank, silently pleading with him to change the subject.

“Keiran has promised me a good time,” the handsome young man said, smiling and hugging his boyfriend’s shoulder. “And some of it doesn’t involve sex,” he added with a naughty wink.

Taking a deep breath, Bruce admitted, “Listen, I’m sorry, guys. I’m fine with you being gay. Hell, I’m delighted! But it’s gonna take me a little while to wrap my head around it.”

Coming to his rescue, Miles inquired, “So, how long have you two been together?”

They turned to look at each other for a moment, then Keiran spoke for them. “Well, we’ve been friends since our freshman year. Hank came from a different junior high than me—”

“Catholic,” his boyfriend explained with a shrug.

“Me, too,” Bruce replied, nodding. “At least in name, if not in actual practice.”

Miles tried to steer the conversation back on track. “And, if you don’t mind my asking, when did you ‘come out’ to your families?”

Again, the two exchanged looks, which appeared to be a gesture they used often. Bruce and Miles found it endearing how they checked with each other before speaking, but he was sure they would outgrow it soon enough.

“I’ve been out since last year when I was fifteen—” Keiran explained. “At least to Mom. She asked me to wait a while before telling Dad, but when I did, he said he’d known all along but didn’t want to force me to say anything until I was ready.”

Surprised, Bruce asked, “Really? How did he know? You’re a star athlete, and you carry yourself like any straight kid your age.” As soon as he said those words, he was shocked with himself and blushed. “I mean...oh, fuck, I didn’t mean to say that. I’m sorry.”

Keiran’s face brightened with amusement as he kidded his uncle, “I don’t know what surprises me most—that you think you can tell who’s gay by looking at them, or by whether they’re good at sports, or that you just said ‘fuck’ in front of me.” He and Hank tittered in delight.

“Oh, shit!” Bruce exclaimed, confused and embarrassed. “There I go again. I’m so fucking—” his voice trailed off, and his eyes appealed to Miles for help.

Calmly smiling, his husband explained, “Keiran and Hank, Uncle Bruce is out of his element. We have almost no contact with men your age, and we’ve been gay through all the mind-blowing changes that took place over the last twenty years or so, which simply means we are happy to see how open you are about your sexuality.”

He turned and beamed at Bruce, then back at the teens. “It’s so good to see you two together, and to hear how happy you are. It’s absolutely...fucking...amazing that you are so comfortable with yourselves and each other—and with us. It’s going to take us a little while to get with the program. I hope you’ll cut us some slack.”

“And it’s OK for you two to say ‘fuck’ or anything else you want,” Bruce said with a laugh.

“Fuckin-A!” Keiran said with an enthusiastic grin.

Those proved to be the right words. At once, they all relaxed and chatted like old friends, casually sprinkling their banter with profanity when it fit. Bruce asked about his sister and her family. Keiran had met Miles several times and started to tell Hank stories about his “other uncle.”

Through it all, Keiran’s boyfriend remained attentive but silent. At a lull in the conversation, Bruce spoke. “So, Hank, you’re awfully quiet. I hope this isn’t all too much for you.”

All eyes were on the gorgeous young hunk. Taking a deep breath, he began. “No, uh...Uncle Bruce—”

“Just Bruce.”

“Bruce.” He swallowed, buying time. “I gotta admit I feel a little like an outsider here. The three of you go back years, and I’ve shown up on your doorstep without any warning. I’m still feeling my way with the family, but I’m sure I’ll relax and fit in, in no time.”

Keiran spoke up, “You asked us about coming out. Hank hasn’t told anybody yet, so you two are the first to know, besides my Mom. In fact, this trip to meet you was partly to make him feel like it’s safe to be out to some people. Back home, we’re nothing but a couple of BFFs who kick back and enjoy a beer or a joint together once in a while. We’ll, uh...probably keep it that way for a while.”

Hearing that, Miles and Bruce adopted a compassionate tone. “Oh, Hank, I’m so sorry. If we had known—” Miles apologized.

“Well, in one way, I’m glad you couldn’t tell,” Hank relaxed a bit. “I mean, shit, I’m not tryin’ to hide anything, but I don’t fuckin know how I’m supposed to act. You are the first gay couple I’ve ever actually met, and it’s all, well, kinda overwhelming.”

“That’s because you’re trying too hard.” Keiran gave his boyfriend a hug and a peck on the cheek, adding, "And I've gotta introduce you to my granddad and his hunky husband!"

“Now, I’m not so sure Hank is trying too hard,” Miles interrupted. “As I said, this is new to all of us. I think we need to chill a little and be at ease with each other. We might say some awkward shit once in a while, but let’s agree that we’re still figuring out how the hell this all works.”

As the four chatted, Bruce mentioned a restaurant he and Miles loved, and they made plans to have dinner there.

Looking out the tall windows onto the backyard, Hank said, “Keiran tells me you guys have a kick-ass pool.”

Keiran bragged, “Uncle Bruce was a state champion swimmer in high school, and he had an Olympic-sized indoor pool behind his house in Denver.”

Bruce snorted and shook his head. “That was long ago, I’m afraid, but give it a try if you want to.”

Eagerly, the two boyfriends got up and went into their room. Minutes later, they emerged, wearing board shorts and carrying beach towels.

“Would you like anything to drink?” Bruce asked.

Smiling mischievously, Keiran replied, “Well, we wouldn’t say ‘no’ to a couple of ice-cold beers.”

Miles and Bruce were at a loss, wondering what to reply. Keiran laughed, “Just fuckin with you, dudes. Whatever you’ve got is fine.”

“Now, wait a damn minute,” Miles interrupted. “I started drinking beer when I was about your age, and I don’t see anything wrong with you two having one or two...once in a while.” The two teens grinned widely.

Miles cautioned, “But since you’re going to be out on the cement, I’ll pour them into plastic cups, just to be on the safe side—and just in case somebody walks by on the beach down there are happens to see you. No need to get us all in trouble!”

The two young men scurried outside and were soon splashing and horsing around in the bright sunshine and cool water. True to his word, Miles brought out two enormous Mariners souvenir tumblers, each with a bottle of beer poured into it. Keiran and Hank gratefully accepted them and promised to keep their drinking to a minimum while they were visiting.

Looking out the window to check on them about an hour later, Miles was mildly surprised to see they were both vaping. “I guess that’s par for the course these days,” he told himself, remembering how many things he had tried when he was their age.

SATURDAY NIGHT

The foursome shared an excellent dinner at Bistro Vkusny, a Russian restaurant in Seattle, where Keiran and Hank enjoyed a cuisine that was entirely new to them.

“I’ve never had Russian food, but this is fuckin amazing!” Hank enthused.

Laughing, Keiran teased, “You’re nothing but a burgers and fries dude!”

Bruce corrected him, “Now, Keiran, don’t give Hank a hard time. I’m glad to see you are both willing to try unfamiliar things.” To Hank, he added, “I’m sure you will enjoy tasting all kinds of exotic dishes here. The Chinese food is also unlike anything you’ll find in a typical American Chinese restaurant.”

Returning to the coast as the evening cooled after dinner, the four strolled down the Sheahan Trail to the beach. Absently, Miles and Bruce held hands as they walked. Beside them, Keiran nudged Hank and nodded his head in their direction. With a happy grin, he and Hank joined hands, and the two gay couples silently enjoyed the sunset.

Back at the condo, the group sat around a glass-topped table on the patio. Bruce brought out a bottle of Espuma de Piedra, a sparkling white Mexican wine with a sweet, crisp flavor.

Hank took a cautious sip, then another. “This shit—I mean, this stuff—is fucking amazing!” They all laughed.

At the end of the evening, they got up and went back into the house. The air was heavy with anticipation because all four of them were focused on what was going to happen next.

The husbands enjoyed a lively and varied sex life, and they assumed the two younger men were experimenting their asses off—literally! Yet, neither couple was comfortable acknowledging what the other was about to do.

“Well, see you in the morning,” Bruce struggled to manage a laid-back tone of voice.

“Right,” Keiran said, also trying to sound like nothing out of the ordinary was about to occur.

“What time do you guys want to get up?” Miles tried to lighten the mood, adding, “We’re not big on breakfast—usually only coffee and toast, but if you want something more, let us know.”

Sensing the tension, Hank broke into a grin, “You mean, the full English breakfast is not on the menu?” They all laughed, relaxing at last.

“I think we might be able to scrape up a couple of eggs and some orange juice,” Bruce said. “Would that do it for you? We can always pick up a few other things at the grocer’s tomorrow.”

The young men agreed that eggs and juice would be fine, along with some strong coffee.

Keiran added, “As for the time, well, we got up at six AM and drove eight hours today, so if it’s not too much trouble, could we sleep in and get up when we wake up?” The plan was acceptable to everyone.

As the two young lovers headed down the hall to their room, Miles and Bruce followed them with their eyes, silently excited for them.

“And now, let the fun begin!” Miles teased, sipping his wine.

“I can’t fucking get my head around it,” Bruce admitted. “My little nephew... I remember when he was born, I watched him grow up, and now he’s gay, and he’s got a lover, and they’re going to fuck their brains out in our guest room tonight!”

Miles gave his husband a suggestive smile. “I don’t know about you, but it turns me on—” With a wink, he said, “Do you think we should show those horny kids how real men do it?”

“Not on your life!” Bruce exclaimed.

In their room, Hank guided Keiran onto his back on the queen-sized bed and climbed on top of him with a lusty smile. Placing his hands behind Hank’s head, Keiran drew his boyfriend closer and their tongues battled.

Hank leaned back and kissed Keiran’s cheek, moving to his forehead, ears, and ending up at his neck. Keiran arched his back and moaned with pleasure as his lover nibbled on his shoulder.

Keiran tugged Hank’s shirt over his head. Hank rose up and tossed it on the floor next to the bed. He helped Keiran take off his own shirt, lay back on top of him, and resumed kissing him. He moved his face downward to lick and nibble on Keiran’s nipples.

Keiran squirmed with delight as Hank teased one of them with his tongue and teeth, all the while pinching and massaging the other with his fingers.

Keiran glided his hands up and down Hank’s back and pulled him back up for another long kiss. Hank relaxed his body and rested his full weight on Keiran. Lowering his head next to Keiran’s ear, he whispered, “I love you.”

Keiran, smiling, replied, “I love you more.”

Hank joked, “Well, should we keep it so quiet they’ll be dying to know what we’re up to, or moan and groan so loud they’ll hear it out in the fuckin living room?”

Keiran guffawed. “Neither one, dammit. We’re in my uncles’ house, and I don’t want to make them regret they invited us.”

“Well, from what you’ve told me, it was your mother who actually invited us. Your poor Uncle Bruce didn’t stand a chance.”

With a giggle, Keiran agreed, “True, but let’s not wear out our welcome on the first night, OK?”

In response, Hank kissed Keiran again and licked his way down his lover’s chest, over his abs. He unbuckled Keiran’s belt, unzipped his pants, and slid them down and off. He immediately saw Keiran was hard, so he nuzzled and licked Keiran’s leaking cock through his briefs.

Keiran rose on his elbows and watched his lover pleasure him. “I’ll never get tired of seeing you do that.”

When Hank raised his head and smiled, Keiran reached down and drew his friend up into another long kiss. Holding Hank’s head with both hands, he raised his crotch and rubbed his boner up and down Hank’s belly. He ran his fingertips down Hank’s back and inside his shorts, caressing his ass and squeezing his cheeks.

Hank knelt at Keiran’s knees, taking hold of his boyfriend’s briefs and sliding them off, tossing them onto the growing pile of clothing they had shed.

As soon as it was released, Keiran’s erection popped up, slapping against his belly with a resounding plop. Both giggled at the sound.

“Shh. Keep quiet, goddammit!” Keiran urged.

Hank got out of bed and seductively stripped off his own clothes. Propped up in the bed naked with his hard cock pulsing with each heartbeat, Keiran watched with lustful expectation.

Hank climbed back in and gave Keiran another passionate kiss. He repeated the trail of kisses down to Keiran’s cock, but this time, he picked it up in one hand and wrapped his lips around it. Licking downward from head to base, he sucked one of Keiran’s balls into his mouth. His lover’s groans of pleasure assured him he was doing what Keiran wanted and needed.

Hank sucked the hard pole, and Keiran rose up on his elbows to watch. After enjoying the blowjob for a few minutes, he lightly grasped Hank’s shoulders, rolled him onto his back, and returned the favor for his boyfriend. Keiran couldn’t have said whether he liked giving or receiving better. He was good at both and glad that Hank was always eager to start this way.

With unspoken agreement, the teens assumed the 69 position and pleasured each other with enthusiasm. The two young men had discovered gay sex with each other less than a year ago, and all of their knowledge of the subject came from watching porn on the Internet. They sometimes wondered if they were doing it “right,” and on the drive up to Bruce and Miles’ house, they had kidded about asking for pointers from the gay uncles.

After a while, Keiran inched his way down the bed and lifted Hank’s leg into the air, exposing his beautiful tight ass. Moving in close, Keiran licked the so-called “taint” area under Hank’s balls, working his way back until he was running his tongue up and down Hank’s ass crack, pausing often to give extra attention to the quivering pucker. With Keiran’s pole deep in his mouth, Hank moaned with pleasure as his lover prepared him for what was to come.

With a little encouragement from Keiran, Hank rolled onto his back and pulled his knees to his chest, gripping them with his elbows.

Keiran repositioned himself at the center of Hank’s hairless ass and began rimming, pressing his tongue as far inside as it would go. The feeling of freedom for being allowed to drive up to Washington and stay with Bruce and Miles inspired a sense of daring and adventure that led them to shave each other’s pubes and asses.

Hank moaned and groaned louder, and Keiran warned, “Shh. Keep it down for fuck’s sake.”

When Hank’s hole was thoroughly wet, Keiran sat up and leaned forward to kiss him again. Straddling Hank’s upper chest, he offered his cock, and his boyfriend greedily tongued it to full hardness.

With Hank’s back door lubed up and his own shaft pulsing with desire, Keiran spread his lover’s legs wide and aimed a gob of spit, hitting the pucker with practiced accuracy. He slapped his hardon against Hank’s ass cheeks several times and slid his cock up and down between Hank’s cheeks.

“Come on, K, put it in. Fuck me!”

With a sexy grin, Keiran lined up the head of his dick with Hank’s hungry pucker. With gentle pressure, Keiran eased his seven inches inside his buddy. As his lover’s shaft penetrated him, Hank groaned softly and made a face, but he soon changed to sounds of pleasure and a contented smile.

Once Keiran was all the way in, he paused to allow Hank’s body to accommodate the massive invader. He leaned forward across Hank’s chest and kissed him again. He fucked him with slow and shallow strokes, increasing gradually to harder and deeper thrusts.

The two lovers continued this way for several minutes until Keiran pulled out and helped Hank turn over, lifting his ass into the air and arching his back. Inching forward until his thighs rested on Hank’s butt cheeks, Keiran slid his cock back in and resumed a steady rapid rhythm of plowing with his hard member. Hank matched Keiran’s motions, pressing back with his hips as Keiran plunged deep inside him, and pulling away as Keiran withdrew.

It was clear that this was far from the first time these two had made love this way. They knew what each other liked, and they were delighted to provide it.

Meanwhile, Miles and Bruce made their way down the hall toward their suite at the far end of the house. Passing the door to Keiran and Hank’s room, they studiously avoided any hesitation and tiptoed by. As they did so, Bruce smiled lasciviously. Looking at his husband, Miles said, “Don’t you dare, goddammit!”

“What?” Bruce asked with feigned innocence and a lusty grin.

“You know what. I heard them, too. Keep going and let them have whatever the fuck it is they’re having. It’s none of our business what they’re doing in their room.”

“Of course it’s not our business, but isn’t it wonderful? I mean, right here in our house, two young gay men are learning the joys of sex with each other. Doesn’t it turn you on?”

Miles smiled at his husband. “You bet your fucking ass, it does. Now get your tail into our room and give it to me.”

They almost burst through the door of their bedroom, stripping as fast as they could without actually tearing their clothes off. Naked, they fell into bed and began hungrily kissing, first on the lips, and then all over their bodies.

They maneuvered into the 69 position, deep-throating hungrily. Their movements proved they were so familiar with each other’s bodies, needs, and desires that it came as second nature to them to please one another.

In no time at all, Bruce was on his knees with his ass in the air, teasing by squeezing his butt cheeks together repeatedly and eagerly awaiting penetration by his husband’s hard cock.

Before entering his lover, though, Miles reached over and took a condom out of the drawer of the bedside table. Carefully unrolling it onto his erection, he took a tube of K-Y Jelly and spread it down the full eight inches of his uncircumcised cock. He applied it liberally to Bruce’s asshole and slipped one, two, then three fingers inside his partner.

Bruce had been silent until this point, patiently waiting for Miles’ preparations to be complete, but when his lover’s third finger entered him, he moaned in anticipation.

“You might want to keep it down. You did say we didn’t want to give the kids any ideas,” Miles reminded him.

“Shut up and fuck me!” was Bruce’s muffled response.

“With pleasure.” Miles said, removing his hand with a smile. He lovingly guided his sheathed cock into Bruce’s hole, past the first ring of muscle, then the second, and smoothly filled the familiar cavity.

The two began the routine of which they never tired. Over their years together, they had tried many positions and styles of fucking. They had used toys, stimulants, and every other type of enhancement, but they had established the things that they loved best and that gave them both the most pleasure at the same time.

Their lovemaking was relaxed and comfortable, but never boring or disappointing. They had learned how to add enough variety to keep it interesting, and how to pace themselves so it lasted as long as they wanted.

As the two lovers relaxed into a steady rhythm, Bruce found himself thinking about the two young men down the hall. He asked himself, “I wonder if Keiran has any idea how great his sex life can be. I’ll bet all he knows right now is ‘slam, bam, thank you, man.’ ”

He remembered his first furtive ventures into gay sex, how he had felt pleasure and often love, followed by disappointment or loss, and moved on to another lover—a cycle he had repeated more often than he cared to remember.

Not until he met the love of his life had Bruce realized that fucking can be not only a full body experience, but also include full mind, heart, and soul. With Miles, he had scaled the heights of male eroticism, and he hoped his beloved nephew would have an easier time arriving at that plateau, without all the grief and mistakes he had made.

He wished he could sit Keiran down and teach him everything he needed to know, but he understood it couldn’t work. Each of us has to make his own mistakes and hopefully learn from them. He remembered his mother telling him, “Your mistakes become a part of who you are.”

He mused silently, “I hope he has fun along the way, and doesn’t get hurt too badly.”

The lovers changed positions with Bruce on his back and Miles leaning forward with his elbows locked in the crooks of Bruce’s knees. This was the position of deepest penetration for the top and the greatest pleasure for the bottom.

Bruce loved this posture, and their sex almost always ended with this one. Most of the time he came from the movement of Miles’ cock across his prostate, and this time was no different.

Whether out of courtesy or love, Miles always held back until his partner came first. After that, he quickened his pace, ending with a deep plunge as far as he could go and a shuddering ejaculation into the latex receptacle.

After they both climaxed, Miles rested on top of his husband for several minutes as they breathed together, nuzzled each other’s ears and necks, and almost drifted off to sleep. To forestall that, Miles rose up and withdrew his drooping penis along with the condom full of milky semen.

The two husbands got out of bed, went into their ensuite bathroom, and took a shower together. They returning to their bed naked and cuddled until they fell asleep spooning. Most often, they found themselves still in that configuration when they woke in the morning.

Meanwhile, down the hall, the two teen lovers had changed places. Keiran was now kneeling on the edge of the bed with his face buried in a pillow and his ass sticking out into the air. Behind him, Hank was plowing upward into his ass, pushing him upward with each thrust. Keiran bent forward on his elbows as Hank grasped his hips with both hands, plunging fast and deep into his boyfriend.

They liked to end with Keiran on his back, shooting his load on his stomach as Hank, standing, came inside him. But this night, the passion was too intense to hold back that long. With an “Oh, shit!” Keiran emptied his balls onto the bedspread, and his asshole contracted around Hank’s cock. Seconds later, he felt his lover’s hot load flood into him.

Spent, Hank leaned forward across Keiran’s back, wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s chest, and kissed him on the back of the neck.

Horrified and embarrassed, Keiran exclaimed, “Shit! Shit! SHIT! I came on the goddamn bedspread. Bruce and Miles will know what it is, and they’ll shit a fuckin brick.”

Rising up, Hank comforted him, “Oh, don’t worry. We can throw the goddamn thing in the washer in the morning, and they’ll never find out.”

Standing upright and turning to face his best friend, Keiran’s face expressed his doubt without needing words. “And how the fuck do you think we can slip this big fuckin thing past the two of them? The laundry room is on the other side of the house.”

Hank placed both hands on Keiran’s shoulders. With a smile, he consoled, “I can’t say right now, but we’ll figure out a way, so keep your cool, dude.”

He pulled Keiran into a kiss and guided him down onto his back on the bed and lay beside him. He reached down and found Keiran’s hand, intertwining their fingers.

“You know I love you, don’t you, Asshole?” Hank said tenderly.

“You’d better, ’cause I’ve been letting you fuck me for way too long if you don’t.”

Hank chuckled. “Good night, My Prince, my knight in shining armor.”

Keiran smiled back, “And good night to you, My Lover with the monster cock who fucks me until I walk funny.” They laughed out loud at their silly bedtime repartée, and soon they were both asleep.

SUNDAY MORNING

The day arrived, bringing bright sunshine and a cool breeze off the ocean. When Keiran and Hank emerged from their room, they found Miles and Bruce enjoying their coffee on the patio. Birds were singing, and the distant sound of a lawn mower greeted the young lovers as they sat down and picked up two mugs, which Bruce quickly filled.

“Cream? Sugar?” he asked his nephew.

“This is fine. We like it strong and black, like—” he stopped, shocked at himself and blushing.

“Relax,” Miles told him. “We’ve heard the rest of the saying. In fact, I doubt you two can come up with anything we haven’t already said ourselves a thousand times.”

“That’s right,” Bruce added. “Don’t forget—we were gay long before you were born.”

Keiran said, “That’s true, Uncle Miles, but it’s still fuckin strange to hear you say it. I mean, you’re my goddamn uncle, for shit’s sake! I’m not supposed to know these kinds of things about you.”

“Well, you’ve known I was gay since you were old enough to ask why Bruce and I live together and sleep in the same bed.”

“True, but—” Keiran was unable to finish the sentence. Hank was grinning at him, enjoying his boyfriend’s discomfort in talking with his own uncle about being gay and having sex.

“You kids seem to think you invented sex—that we older folks never even thought about doing it.” Bruce teased.

Keiran retorted, “Bullshit. Sure, we get that you do it. It’s just hard to picture it—”

“Well, you’re welcome to observe the next time. You might learn a trick or two.” Miles said with naughty pleasure.

Both Keiran and Hank nearly jumped out of their chairs. “No fuckin way!” Keiran was shocked and horrified at the idea. Then he saw Miles and Bruce suppressing a laugh. He turned to look at Hank, who was also giggling at his expense.

Calming, Keiran said, “Very fucking funny. But here’s one thing you dudes didn’t have growing up gay: porn. Hank and I—and all kids these days—can watch millions of people doing it, in a zillion different ways, some of them so gross it makes you want to puke. We can look at it any day, anytime, anywhere, over and over again if we want to, and all we have to do is click ‘I am 18 years old.’ ”

Miles nodded in understanding. “It’s true we didn’t have that kind of porn—nothing but magazines and the occasional Super-8 movie, and they were a bit harder to acquire—” he winked at his husband. “Although your Uncle Bruce managed to amass quite a collection of Hustler magazines, or so I’m told.”

Bruce picked up the theme. “Don’t forget about the ‘adult’ movie theaters and bookstores with video arcades in the back where you drop quarters into a slot and watch movies in the privacy of your booth.”

“Or invite someone in with you, if privacy isn’t what you're interested in,” Miles added.

“Stop! That shit’s gross!” Keiran exclaimed. He caught the expression on Hank’s face. “Don’t fucking tell me you’ve been to one of those places.”

“Well—” Hank began. “There are still some around, and I guess I must have looked old enough to get in. It’s kinda kinky—a lot of the booths have glory holes in them, so you can suck some anonymous cock or get yours sucked!”

“Of course I’ve heard about all that shit,” Keiran replied. “But I’ve never needed a hole in the wall or a stranger to get me off.” With a sly wink, he added, “After all, I’ve had your sweet ass to fuck for quite some time now.”

“You two are really something,” Bruce said with an approving chuckle. “You seem to have your heads on straight, and I’d be amazed if we old farts could teach you much.”

Keiran thought for a moment. “Being gay is a whole hell of a lot more than fucking and sucking.” Miles and Bruce nodded at the young man’s solemn pronouncement, smiling and waiting for the punch line.

Keiran surprised them by protesting, “Seriously, dudes, I’m not shitting you. The two of you have been together for eight years and married for two. And you did it in the face of all kinds of disapproval and rejection from society. You had to fight for the right to get married, to keep your jobs, to serve in the military, and a whole lot of other shit.”

His face beaming with delight, Bruce said, “You make it sound like a noble cause when in reality we simply went with the flow, but I see what you mean, and I appreciate that you’re aware of the history that made it possible for you two to love each other today.”

Hank had been listening quietly, but now he asked, “How long did you know you were in love before you decided to live together?” There was a hint of longing in his voice.

The two older men smiled. Miles answered, “To tell the truth, Hank, we were off and on for about three years before we admitted to ourselves that we were in love.”

“We fought like cats and dogs,” Bruce began.

“And bickered like a couple of fucking old maids,” Miles chimed in.

“Right. But somehow, through all the bullshit, love won. Or maybe we quit fighting it and gave in.” Bruce finished the thought.

The four sat in silence for quite a while, each retreating into his own thoughts and ideas. Finally, Bruce stood up and said, “Now, about that breakfast you two wanted—”

The young men had their toast and coffee, along with fresh-squeezed orange juice and a couple of eggs Bruce found in the back of the fridge and scrambled with some jalapeño peppers.

After they had eaten, Keiran and Hank insisted on cleaning up, which simply meant putting everything into the dishwasher.

When they returned to their seats on the patio, Miles informed them, “Bruce and I need to go to the gym and burn off some of the rich food we ate last night. We’ll be gone two or three hours, if it’s OK with you two.”

“Hells, yes, it’s fine with us—right Hank?” Keiran’s boyfriend smiled and raised his eyebrows a couple of times and nodded with a leering grin, not bothering to hide the naughty thoughts in his mind.

Miles grinned with silent understanding. “Relax and be yourselves. You’re here to have a fun time, and we’re all aware of what that includes.” He gave the two teens a naught wink, causing them to blush.

Bruce had mercy on them. “And in case you were wondering, skinny-dipping in the pool is fine. The neighbors can’t see over the hedge, and they won’t be the least bit interested if you decide to.” They all laughed heartily.

Miles turned to the two young men with a concerned expression. “I should have asked last night, and I hope you don’t think I’m prying, but if you need anything—like lube or condoms, you’ll find plenty in our bathroom, so help yourselves.”

Keiran blushed a deep shade of scarlet. “I-I mean we...uh—”

“We don’t use those,” Hank rescued Keiran’s stumbling. “We have never had sex with anybody else, and spit is a good enough lube for us.”

“Sit down, Keiran. You, too, Hank.” Bruce said with a stern voice. “We need to have a little talk.”

“We’ve already had the talk with our parents, years ago, plus sex-ed in school,” Keiran insisted with a nervous laugh.

“Not this talk,” Bruce assured him. Taking a deep breath and looking at Miles, he began.

“Condoms are an absolute ‘must’ every time—and I mean every fucking time—you have sex. Whether it’s with a man, or a woman, or a goddamn dog, you need to wear protection.”

Miles chimed in with a softer tone. “We’re not for a moment doubting your word, or saying either of you has been with somebody else, but you can’t go through life thinking it’s always going to be that way or that you can trust the word of your partner, even if you’ve been together a long time.” He frowned. “And you can never trust the word of a stranger or even a close friend.”

“Sorry to interrupt, but do you and Bruce use rubbers every time?” The question was impertinent, but Hank thought they had a right to know if their elders practiced what they were preaching.

“You bet your sweet ass, we do,” Bruce retorted. “Every goddamn fucking time, no matter how hot to trot we are or anything else.” He continued with solemnity, “Miles and I have lost several friends to HIV/AIDS. It’s a terrible fucking way to die, and it’s preventable.”

“But isn’t it curable these days?” Keiran almost pleaded.

Bruce was firm, “No. Absolutely not. It’s not curable. There are drugs that can suppress it—for now, as far as we know. But anything can happen in the future. The virus might mutate, the drugs could be forced off the market by a bunch of religious fanatics, or the cost go so high a lot of people couldn’t afford them.” He paused to catch his breath and let the intensity of his message sink in.

“You can’t count on them to always be available or that they’d work for you, and you can’t take the chance that you’ll need them someday and not be able to find them.” Bruce’s voice was beginning to ascend into a higher register.

“But isn’t there some pill you can take before you have sex that prevents you from catching it?” Hank asked plaintively.

Bruce nodded and leaned closer, “You’re talking about PrEP, but it’s still early days. It might protect you but don’t forget that HIV isn’t the only sexually-transmitted disease. There’s hepatitis, HPV, and a bunch of STIs that have been around since the fucking Middle Ages.”

“Bottom line,” Miles joined in to bring home the point. “Whenever you have sex, with whomever, wherever—always use a condom. Always. Period. Even when you’re married or committed to a monogamous relationship.” He gave the young men a look that left no doubt he was serious and concerned about them.

Keiran and Hank sat back in their chairs, feeling like they had just been given a stern lecture about something that was nobody else’s fucking business. And it showed on their faces.

Miles read their expressions. “Sorry, guys. I bet you think it’s none of our goddamn business, and you would be right—kind of. But we love you and care about your future and happiness. And notice we never told you not to be gay, or not to have sex, or even not to have sex with a lot of different people as you go out into the world.”

Bruce nodded, “Sex is wonderful and powerful. It’s what brings people together and sometimes what keeps them together. I would never tell you not to enjoy every possible type of sex you’re comfortable with. But please, just fucking be safe. That’s all I ask.” A tear trickled down his cheek as Miles reached over and pulled him into a hug.

They all sat silent for a while. Bruce smiled and winked at Keiran. “And now, let’s talk about the joys of lube!”

Keiran and Hank stared at him like he had lost his mind. They had received the harshest reality check in their young lives, and now Bruce was grinning at them like a dirty old man.

“Lube is your friend. Lube is your secret path to unbelievable pleasure. Lube is the best damn invention mankind has ever come up with!”

“What the fuck are you talking about?” Hank said, surprised.

“Here’s how it is,” Bruce began. “At your age, your assholes—pardon the blunt language, but that’s what we all call them, isn’t it? Your assholes are supple and super-flexible. But I bet it still hurts a little, and you only know what it feels like with each other’s dick, right? Hopefully, you’ll both experience many dicks over the years, whether you’re together forever or not.”

Seeing the doubt on their faces, he grinned wisely. “And don’t rule out sharing the fun. You need to try a three-way or four-way before you think you know all about hot sex. And...don’t forget about DP. You’ve heard of that?”

Keiran appeared shocked, but Hank’s eyes lit up with interest, “You mean double-penetration—taking two cocks in your ass at the same time?”

“Exactly. And that’s only one aspect of the variety that awaits you.” Bruce paused to observe them considering what he had said. Both young men were somewhere between scandalized and fascinated by the blunt conversation. “And your old friend, lube, is ready to make it more fun, more pleasurable, and more exciting every time you do it.”

Miles picked up the theme. “Lube comes in every imaginable form, color, flavor, and type of stimulation. Some of it will make your cock burn with desire. Some of it will numb it so you can fuck for an hour or more. Some of it smells like flowers, or candy, or a load of other things.”

Bruce continued with enthusiasm, “Some of it tastes like chocolate, or vanilla, or strawberry, or banana. Some lubes turn your cock blue, or red, or orange! The possibilities are endless, and the only goal is increasing your pleasure and adding variety—the spice of life—to your sex.”

Keiran was stunned by the volume of information he and Hank had just received. It was like a whole year of sex education class in fifteen minutes, only more to the point and somewhat overwhelming.

His voice was subdued as though he didn’t quite know what to think or say. “Guys, uh...thank you for sharing all that with us—”

Hank joined in, “Yeah, there’s so much shit we don’t know, and it’s awesome that you dudes are here to tell us about it. I think you saved us about five years of experimenting.”

“Oh, no, don’t ever stop experimenting,” Miles hastened to say. “A world of pleasure awaits you, and you can explore it together.”

“Or with others,” Bruce added with a wink.

Keiran took it in for a moment. “Again, thanks for sharing all that. We’ll, um, give it some thought.”

Bruce was dumbfounded. In his mind, giving it some thought meant fucking forgetting about the whole thing. He scowled and was about to speak when Miles broke in.

“OK, guys. I understand it’s a lot to process, and who the fuck do we think we are—two old farts telling you young studs how to enjoy sex? But try this: tonight when you go to your room, you’ll find a small package of things designed to enhance your enjoyment—a little gift from your gay uncles.”

They started to object, but Bruce intervened. “We’re not telling you to use them. Take a look at them, and think about what we’ve said. If you like any of them, try them. If not, well, it’s your decision. We won’t be hurt if you say ‘fuck you’ to us about this.”

Keiran’s head shot up. “We would never say that to you guys!”

“Fine,” Bruce had them right where he wanted them. “So we’ll leave the stuff in your room, and you do whatever you want with them—or don’t. And we don’t ever have to know what happened. It’s strictly your business, not ours.”

Miles and Bruce left for the gym. While they were gone, Keiran washed and dried the comforter that had been under him when he shot his load the night before and returned it to their bedroom. The freedom to make love again was too great to resist, and they each came twice over the next couple of hours.

Taking Bruce’s invitation to heart, the two went swimming, skipping the swimsuits and enjoying romping in the water bare-assed in the warm spring sunshine. They were stretched out on pool lounge chairs, vaping again, when Miles called out, “We’re back, but don’t let us bother you. We’re going to catch a football game.” He tried not to let his eyes linger on the naked young men, but he was drawn to their powerful masculinity and complete absence of inhibition.

Keiran turned and winked at Hank, “Uncle Miles seems to be interested in our physiques.”

“Good fuckin thing, ’cause I’m interested in his!” They roared with laughter, making Miles wonder what the inside joke was all about.

Wrapping themselves in the generous beach towels, they went inside, took a quick shower together, and dressed in board shorts and tank tops. When they arrived in the TV room, they found Miles and Bruce stretched out in giant, plush recliners.

As the two young men took their seats on the leather couch, Miles handed them each a bottle of beer and a big bowl of popcorn. “Might as well spoil you rotten. Your mother told me you were old enough to make your own decisions about most things, so go for it!”

It annoyed Keiran and Hank that it sounded like the two older men were trying to make up for their dissertation about the harsh realities of gay life earlier in the day, but they were getting beer, so who gave a shit?

They ordered Chinese delivery and stuffed themselves to the point where all four were falling asleep in front of the TV by nine o’clock. Miles got up, checked his wristwatch, and said, “I’m tired. Bruce?”

His husband yawned and nodded. “Let’s at least watch the rest of the movie in our jammies, in case we fall asleep.”

“What jammies? We always sleep in the nude!” Miles said, mystified.

Grinning, Bruce replied, “I was trying to spare the youngsters the horrifying image of two old men lying naked in bed together.”

Keiran and Hank laughed. “If you are old men, I’d hate to think what really old men look like!” Hank teased.

“Yeah, you two are in great shape, and I bet your sex life is to die for,” Keiran added.

Surprised, Miles said, “Our sex life? What—”

Keiran grinned at them slyly, “Well, we spent all morning talking about our sex life, so it seems only fair if we say a few things about yours!”

“Damn straight,” Hank joined in. “I mean, all that lube and all those rubbers. You guys must own stock in the companies by now!”

Stunned, Miles and Bruce grinned, and all four laughed out loud.

“Fair enough,” Bruce said.

“Right,” Miles agreed. “But I really did leave a package of earthly delights in your room.”

It was Keiran and Hank’s turn to be surprised. But they smiled and nodded.

The TV was turned off, and the two couples headed to their respective bedrooms.

Five minutes later, as Bruce’s cock was buried to the hilt in Miles’ ass, he mused aloud, “I wonder if those kids will actually try any of the shit I left for them.”

“You can bet your ass they will,” Miles chuckled.

“Well, I bet your ass they aren’t having as much fun as we are, right now!” Bruce laughed as he quickened his pace.

Down the hall, the contents of Bruce and Miles’ “gift” were spread out on the bed between Keiran and Hank. The two were astounded at the variety of surprises the older men had selected for them.

They found five kinds of condoms. Two were flavored—one banana and the other chocolate. One advertised that it was so smooth you would think you were riding a water slide—an image so hilarious it brought tears to their eyes. Another announced it would bring a tingle to your sex life, and the last one glowed in the dark.

“What do you think?” Keiran asked, awed.

“Well, I wanna try the glow in the dark one, for sure!” Hank exclaimed, laughing.

After a moment, Keiran said, “I’d like to taste the chocolate one—on your cock.” They laughed uproariously again—loud enough to be heard clearly down the hall, but they didn’t care.

Savoring the afterglow in their bed, Miles turned to Bruce and said, “I’m glad we gave them the really good stuff, seeing as how much they’re enjoying it.”

“Only the best for our boys.” They chuckled and resumed cuddling.

Back in their room, the two young men stretched out on the bed, naked. Keiran demanded, “What about all this lube? There’s enough of this shit here for us to fuck for the next year or two.”

“I guess your uncles have a high opinion of our stamina,” Hank laughed.

They spread all the packages out. They found no flavors this time, but they realized without opening them that some were strongly scented.

“I wonder if you need this if you’re some old guy trying to fuck a smelly old woman’s pussy!” Hank said, and they almost fell out of bed laughing at the idea.

They continued to examine all that their uncles had shared with them.

“You know, Miles is a cool dude,” Hank said.

“You bet, and I suspect Uncle Bruce also had a hand in selecting some of this stuff.”

“Well, what do you want to do? We could just say ‘fuck it’ and go with what we always do—” Hank said, unconvincingly.

“Nah. It would be a shame to waste all this, especially since they’ve been so kind to provide it for our pleasure.” Keiran grinned at his boyfriend. “What do you want to start with?”

MONDAY MORNING

At breakfast, all four avoided any mention of the package Bruce had left on the young men’s bed. They ate in silence on the patio, which was filled with the sounds of birds and the scent of the Pacific Ocean a few hundred yards away.

When they finished their last coffees, Miles got up and busied himself clearing the table. Bruce appeared lost in thought, as he gazed into the distance. Feeling neglected, the two young men shared a playful look and grinned.

“I’ve been thinking. Coffee would make a bitchin flavor for a condom,” Keiran joked.

“I don’t think anything would taste better than that chocolate one, especially where it was when I tasted it.” Hank winked at his boyfriend.

“But I don’t think a lube with that scent would do much for me,” Keiran continued teasing. “I mean, who wants to fuck a cup of coffee?”

Miles almost dropped the dishes and Bruce sat up in his chair so fast it skidded backward an inch or two. Astounded, they shared a look of disbelief. Then they grinned, chuckled, and ultimately burst into full-throated laughter. Keiran and Hank joined them in the hilarity.

When he regained control of himself, Miles gasped, “You fuckers! You pair of assholes. You...fantastic kids! I fucking love you!” and he grabbed each of them in a bear hug.

“I suppose this means you appreciated the little package we provided last night,” Bruce hinted.

“You might say so,” Keiran answered, beaming with love for his two uncles. “But the best part is that there’s still a lot of the shit left for us to try tonight!”

THURSDAY AFTERNOON

The four spent the next few day on the beach.

“I’m surprised you two didn’t bring your surfboards,” Miles observed late one afternoon. “Those are some kick-ass waves, as you would name them!”

“We weren’t sure what we’d find here—” Keiran began.

“You mean a couple of old faggots who were too crotchety to enjoy sports?” Bruce teased.

The two younger men blushed.

“Dammit! You did think that. You fuckers!” Miles exclaimed. “Your uncle and I can run circles around you two, any day, any way you want.”

Delighting in the challenge, Keiran grinned defiantly and threw down the gauntlet, “OK. Show us what you've got. What sport?”

Looking around briefly, Miles spotted a net stretched across a flat sandy space. With a wicked grin, he replied, “Beach volleyball, and prepare to get your sorry asses kicked.”

Hank retorted, “I don’t know where you got the idea that Keiran has a sorry ass. A sore one, probably, but very, very sweet.”

Bruce and Miles screamed in unison, “Too much information!”

THURSDAY EVENING

The little group returned to the beach house as the warm sun was setting. They had declared a draw on their beach volleyball challenge, having played as teams of two and swapping partners back and forth.

They rested on the patio, enjoying the pleasant evening breeze with glasses of Espuma de Piedra.

Keiran sat up and smiled as if he had a brilliant idea. “I haven’t mentioned it before but, um, do you guys...uh, smoke weed?”

Bruce looked at Miles, unsure how to answer the question. “When we were your age, but not in a long time. Why do you ask?”

Hank tittered, “Because he has some bitchin Colombian back in our room, and we’ve been dying to bring it out and share it with you dudes.”

“I’m not sure that would be a good idea,” Bruce vacillated. He turned to Miles for help.

“It might be a bridge too far—” his husband added with a wrinkled brow.

“Bullshit,” Keiran was having none of this. “You two have already given us beer and wine, plus all the sex shit you left in our bedroom. What’s the big fuckin deal over a little weed?”

Unable to come up with a rational answer, Bruce and Miles shrugged their shoulders. Hank took that as consent and whooped, “Fuckin-A! Go get the shit, K.” Keiran dashed toward their room.

“K?” Bruce was curious.

“Yeah, the whole school calls him K. ‘Keiran’ sounds too much like a girl’s name.”

“His sister’s name is Karen,” Bruce observed.

“Yeah. That’s probably it,” Hank agreed as Keiran returned to the table with a baggie and a pipe. He filled the little pipe like a pro and put it to his lips. Flicking the lighter a couple of times, he drew the smoke into his lungs, held his breath for a few seconds, and slowly exhaled.

“This shit is primo!” he declared with pleasure. “You gotta try it.” He passed the pipe to his uncle, seated on his left. Raising his eyebrows, Bruce looked at his husband, unsure of what to do.

“Oh, go ahead. What the fuck?” Miles chortled.

Abandoning his reservations, Bruce took a long hit on the weed and passed the pipe to Miles, who did the same and handed it on to Hank.

Fifteen minutes later, K had refilled the pipe, and the quartet was chilling comfortably.

With a contented sigh, Hank said, “This sure has been a fuckin fine week.” The others nodded in agreement and resumed their silent reverie.

With mischief in his eyes, Keiran spoke up. “That was an outstanding game of volleyball.”

“Sure was, even though we got our asses kicked!” Hank agreed with a wink at his boyfriend. Apparently, the two had a plan for what was to happen next.

Bruce fell into the trap. “Yes, we had a hell of a lot of fun. You guys sure gave us old farts a run for the money.”

With an enthusiastic nod of his head, Keiran dropped the bomb. “But the best part was when we changed partners—” The pregnant pause spoke volumes.

After about a minute’s reflection, Bruce sat up straight, losing his buzz and looking at his nephew with his eyes wide. “You aren’t suggesting—”

“Why the hell not? You can’t deny that sex has been almost the main topic every day here. It’s the best way to have fun.”

Bruce glared at him. “Not always, and never with a member of your family.” Miles’ eyes widened as he caught on to the cryptic exchange between uncle and nephew.

“Let’s not be too hasty here, Bruce.” Smiling into his husband’s shocked expression, he went on. “Technically, I’m not related to Keiran except by marriage.”

Keiran picked up the thread, “And Hank’s not related to you except by being my boyfriend.”

Stunned, Bruce gazed around the table at three faces apparently eager to try what Keiran had hinted at.

Seeing that the two youths would be no help, he pleaded with Miles, “I can’t believe you said that. It’s...incest, or something damn close.”

“It’s only incest if it’s you and Keiran,” Miles declared. “Otherwise, it’s just two guys having a good time together.”

“And you two are OK with this? I mean, we’re a hell of a lot older than you.” Bruce was clutching at straws, but he saw determination in their grins.

Hank spoke up. “First of all, you’re not that old. And second, I bet you two could teach us beginners a whole fuck-ton of things.” Keiran nodded with enthusiasm.

Adding fuel to the fire, Miles reminded Bruce, “Here in Washington state, the age of consent is sixteen, so we wouldn’t be breaking any laws.”

“Except the laws of nature,” Bruce’s objections were met with a solid wall of silence.

Finally surrendering to the majority opinion, Bruce ordered his nephew, “Goddammit! Fill up the fucking pipe again and give me a big hit. I can’t believe I’m gonna go along with this shit.”

LATE THAT NIGHT

A little before midnight, the doors to both bedrooms quietly opened and Miles and Hank high-fived each other as they passed in the hallway.

“How was it?” the younger man asked with a lascivious grin.

“I’ll just say the bond between Keiran and me has grown deeper.”

With a chuckle, Hank nodded in the direction of Bruce’s bedroom. “Now we need to convince him to join in a four-way.”

Shaking his head with a smile, Miles replied, “Don’t get your hopes up. I’m positive he would draw the line at even being in the same room with Keiran. You’ll have to be satisfied with your boyfriend for the rest of your visit.”

Closing the door to their bedroom, Miles approached his husband, who was lying on top of the sheets naked.

“How was it? Did you and Hank have fun?”

“I’m ashamed to say yes, but it’s true. He is so enthusiastic and eager to try anything.”

Raising his eyebrows, Miles chuckled, “And what do you mean by ‘anything’?”

“I don’t kiss and tell, and I don’t want to hear one word about your experience—” he grinned, “but I will say that Hank advanced in his knowledge of sex considerably.”

“I won’t offer any particulars, but Keiran had much the same willingness to learn.”

FRIDAY

Breakfast conversation the next morning was strained. The dynamic among the four had totally changed, as so often happens when sex enters the equation.

Unable to stand the silence, Miles blurted, “Well, goddammit, I’m betting a good time was had by all last night.”

“Damn straight,” Hank grinned as Keiran added, “Fuckin-A!”

Bruce was grumpy, “I’d prefer if we dropped the subject.”

Miles was undeterred. “Now, hold on a minute. We’re all aware of the realities. We all enjoyed what we did, and nobody got hurt, right?”

“As long as nobody knows about it,” Bruce muttered.

“Well, I sure as shit ain’t gonna fuckin tell anybody,” Keiran protested, “and I guarantee Hank won’t either.”

Miles spoke up, “So, can we say we all had some harmless fun, that it was one part of an excellent visit, and what happens at the beach stays at the beach?”

The two young men nodded, and Bruce reluctantly joined them.

The four piled into Keiran’s new BMW and headed up the 101 to Port Angeles, where they took the ferry across to Victoria on Vancouver Island. All they needed to cross the border were their driver’s licenses. They spent the day exploring the beautiful small Canadian city.

On the boat back to the U.S., Hank raved, “I can’t believe Butchart Gardens! That fuckin place was amazing.”

Keiran agreed, “And what about the mansion we visited—Craigdarroch Castle? I think it’s the biggest house I’ve ever been in.”

“Yeah, that place was bitchin!” Hank enthused.

With a smile, Bruce told them, “I’ve lived here ten years, and I’ve never gone over to Victoria. I’m glad I learned what I was missing. And I’m glad you two were here to share the fun.”

“So, you’re not sorry about last night?” Keiran ventured.

Looking out across the water, Bruce sighed and mused, “Honestly, I don’t regret we did it, but it definitely changed our relationship—in a positive way, I hope.”

Miles jumped into the conversation. “It was a one-off as far as I’m concerned. And you’re right, it changed our relationship, but I’m convinced it was a step in the right direction.”

Keiran put an arm around his uncle. “Bruce, we’re just teenagers, and we have a shitload to learn, but a little bird told me you were quite an adventurer when you were our age.”

Giving his husband a reproving look, Bruce smiled and nodded, “Yes, but I’m not going to tell you all the sordid details. Let’s leave it at I tried a bunch of things. Some of them worked out well, and a hell of a lot of them didn’t. I only hope your experience going forward is as pleasant as it can be.”

In the evening on the patio the foursome enjoyed wine and marijuana. Without understanding how, they all knew their shared sexual adventure had truly brought them closer. However, no one suggested a repeat, and Miles had quietly made it clear to the young men that the topic of a four-way was off the table.

SATURDAY MORNING

Keiran and Hank loaded up the car and hugged their hosts goodbye.

“We had a bitchin time! Thank you so much, guys!” Hank enthused.

Nodding in agreement, Keiran smiled warmly, “I can’t tell you how much this has meant to me, getting to know my two gay uncles so well.”

Bruce snorted, “Know in the biblical sense?”

His nephew laughed heartily, “In every fuckin sense! Thank you, Bruce and Miles. We have to do this again.” A full round of hugs was repeated, and the two young gay men got into the BMW.

As they drove off, Miles turned to his husband. “All in all, I think we all had a bitchin visit, as the boys would say.”

“You think?” Bruce laughed.

“Well, you can’t deny that they left with a lot to think about.”

“And nothing to talk about?” Bruce’s said with a hint of worry in his voice.

“I’m sure any talking will stay between them, as it will for us.” He paused for a moment. “Uh, is it OK if I suggest something? It’s a little kinky.”

With a smile of relief at the return of normalcy, Bruce replied, “Kinky is fine with me, now that we’re alone here.”

With a naughty grin, Miles said, “Let’s go make love in their bed. I bet it still smells like teenage sex!”

“Or some combination of goddamn flavored rubbers and scented lube! Let's see how much is left of what we introduced them to,” Bruce agreed, laughing heartily as he led his husband into the guest bedroom.

END

I was inspired to write another short story by the experience of entering the Secret Author contest. In many ways, it's just as hard as writing a long one, but I'm glad I've ventured into this genre of writing. Please let me know what you think via your reactions, comments, and reviews.
Copyright © 2023 Tim Hobson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 13
  • Haha 5
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this short story. I would love to receive your comments, reactions, and reviews. Feel free to DM me, too, if you have anything personal you want to tell me.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

No one died!!! A delight to see that Bruce is happy and whole. Love the preach about condoms.

#weargreenonthursday 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

Thank You Tim , It was a delightful story with the Multi Generational aspect to it . It’s still important to talk to young people about Safe Sex too ,Keep it on topic and positive. Look forward to any and all of your postings 📖

Thanks for your comment @JohnnyC! I'm glad you enjoyed the little vignette. It was fun to write, and @Mark Arbour's intergenerational sexploits inspired me to try something a little daring.

Only Fools And Horses Flirt GIF by Five Guys A Week

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, FanLit said:

This story was very enjoyable.

I take it that this is a part of a series, I’ll be checking out the other stories.

Glad I came across this.  

Thanks, @FanLit. It's actually an epilogue that grew out of two different series, but I hope you'll check them both out. Although... I'm tempted to pick up this story and see where it takes us!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Doha said:

Hey, I really enjoyed that. It was good to see Miles and Bruce again. 

So glad to hear from you again, @Doha. Yes, there was at least one more little tale in their interesting lives.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Dan South said:

No one died!!! A delight to see that Bruce is happy and whole. Love the preach about condoms.

#weargreenonthursday 

WTF, @Dan South -- are you suggesting that I kill off characters in everything that I write? Hmm, you're probably right. May they rest in peace, having done their parts for the plot line. Just wait til I finish my detective story starring Detective Lieutenant Winston Buchanan, the cop from Bruce's mid-life. Bodies will be flying right and left!

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Well done Sir, and it was very enjoyable to revisit Bruce and Miles!!

Thanks!!!

You are most welcome, @drsawzall. It's good to hear from you, and thank you for following all my series and stories -- I find it very encouraging.

Pop Tv Thank You GIF by Schitt's Creek

  • Love 3
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Tim Hobson said:

WTF, @Dan South -- are you suggesting that I kill off characters in everything that I write? Hmm, you're probably right. May they rest in peace, having done their parts for the plot line. Just wait til I finish my detective story starring Detective Lieutenant Winston Buchanan, the cop from Bruce's mid-life. Bodies will be flying right and left!

You even killed his mother! 🫢

  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

I enjoyed this fun and interesting update on these characters.  It is nice to have something light for a change.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..