Jump to content
    TimmY92
  • Author
  • 4,799 Words
  • 1,359 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Family for Christmas - 1. A Family for Christmas

This is a little story about a boy who is alone in the big world and got the biggest present for Christmas he could wish for. Have a nice Christmas time. ;) 

A Family for Christmas

I don’t really know why but I cried, cried like I never did before. The reason for that is that this is the first Christmas I will be alone. Of all the other days of the year this holiday is something special. It means love, it means family, it means friends. I got none of them left. Nobody loves me anymore. I got no family left who wants me and I got no friends who will celebrate this holiday with me. The love of my still young life left me, my family threw me out of the house and told me to get lost and my friends didn’t dare to help me when I needed them the most.

The question is why. What happened to me you may ask. Ok, let me tell you what happened. But before that let me tell you who I am. My name is Ryan Davis, I’m 14 years old and I don’t have a home to live anymore. I live on the streets of Los Angeles. What happened to me is that my Mom caught me with Dennis. We were in my room, on my bed and were kissing like we always did. MY parents where out on an appointment and I didn’t really think they would be home anytime soon.

The door opened and I heard a scream and some yelling. Dennis and I pushed each other apart and looked frightened at my mother who obviously came back earlier than expected. She stared down on us. Before I knew what happened Dennis bailed on me and ran out of my room, out of the house and out of my life. It was the last time I saw him.

My mom just looked disgusted at me and began to scream at me and calling me all sorts of mean names. She called my father and told him what she just saw. He came on to me and told me how disappointed he is in me. How disgusting I am and that he never wanted to see my “Faggot” ass again. He slapped me across the face and left my room after he told me to get lost.

That’s exactly what I did. I gathered some of my clothes together and just ran out of the house. I cried like mad but I still got my friends. Until I tried out one of them. My parents must have called them, because he just told me to leave. The next one was the same. They didn’t even tell me why, so I left.

The first night was a nightmare. I didn’t get any sleep at all. I went to the old playground at the park to get some sleep but I never got to sleep a minute. That went on for several days until I didn’t care anymore if something happened to me. With the last money I had I bought a ticket for the bus to Los Angeles. It wasn’t far away but it was too far to get there by feet.

I now live here for 4 months already and I still don’t know what to do. Sometimes I slept in a shelter for homeless kids and they always asked me what happened to me and why I don’t call my parents to come and get me. I never told them what happened.

This day I cried like I never did before. It was two weeks until Christmas and my mood is down to an all time low. I had some money saved up from the little odd jobs I was doing which didn’t need a permit too work for. I could never do what the other boys on the street are doing. I just couldn’t have sex for money. I just took every job I could get and every free meal there is for homeless people.

I was going down the road back to my camp after getting some food from the store at the corner when I noticed a man following me. He was just about 30 feet away but I noticed him staring at me. I turned right at the next block and he turned right as well. I don’t know why but I felt like he was after me. At the next block I turned left and ran for my life. When he came around the corner and saw me running, he started to run as well. After half a mile he got me.

“Get your hands off me!” I screamed as he gripped his hand forcefully around my arm.

“I watched you, little guy. I know you live on the street and I want some of your fine young ass.” He glared with lust at me. He took me to a dark alley and tried to get my pants down but I resisted him.

I knew what was coming. I avoided it the past 4 months to get caught like this. I am really scared right now and I don’t really know what to do other then scream for help. As I did scream, he hit me right in the face with his free hand. This is it. He’ll rape me right here and I’m going to die in this greasy alley. My mind got blurry after the second hit he landed on me and then everything went black.

 _______ 

What happened to me? Am I still alive? My head hurts. My eyes don’t want to open up and as I tried it hurts like hell. Where am I? Those thoughts where vanished when a man started to talk.

“I think he is coming around. We should call the nurse.” The man said with a worried voice.

“Hey young man, can you hear me?” Another male voice said, probably to me. I felt a hand that was holding mine. I squeezed it.

I tried to say something but there came nothing but some groans from me. My mouth felt dry. I tried again to open my eyes and realized I was in a hospital room. My eyes opened wider and I got a blurry view of the bright room. I saw a figure sitting right beside me which hand was holding mine and when my surroundings became clearer, I could see that a middle-aged man was looking worriedly at me from a chair beside me. I tried again to speak. This time I could actually say something.

“What happened? Where am I?” Where the things I could get out before my voice again began to shut itself down because of my dry mouth.

“You’re in the hospital. You nearly got raped but you got beaten up pretty heavy and you were out cold. How do you feel, lad?” The man asked still holding onto my hand while gently stroking it.

“Water please.” I said and the man gave me a glass of water and I drank it readily. “Thank you.” I said after setting the glass down at the table on my left. Then another man and obviously a doctor entered the room.

“Hello, my name is Doctor Wellington and I was here when you were brought in. Can you tell me what happened to you? You got some pretty heavy bruises in your face.” He said to me and I tried to get my composure back together. I thought back to what happened and I remembered the chase and the beating but other then that there was nothing.

“Sure doc, I got chased by a man who wanted to rape. I ran down the street but he got me and gripped me at my arm and pulled me into an alley close by and told me he saw me around some and now he wants some of my ass. I just started to yell for help but he slapped me in my face a few times and then everything went black until I just woke up here. Did he really rape me, doc? I need to know what happened.” I said to the doctor who looked shocked at my precise details of what happened.

“No, he never got to rape you. We got there before he could do anything at all.” The man who came back with the doctor said. “By the way, my name is Peter, but everybody just calls me Pete and that,” he pointed to the man in the chair who was still holding my hand. “is my Husband Michael or Mike for short. Before he could do anything more than the beating, we got to the alley and knocked him down. We called the police and they arrested him and called an ambulance for you.”

“You were unconscious for 2 days because of a concussion from the beating. We didn’t want to wake you up to let you heal better. You will still feel a little dizzy but other then that it should be fine. Your bruises in your face aren’t that severe, so we will release you tomorrow. You just need your parents to sign the papers.” The doctor said with a little smile on his face and left the room.

I just started to cry because he had to talk about my parents. I didn’t see them since they threw me out 4 months ago. I cried harder and buried my face in the pillow of the bed. Mike and Pete stood beside me and didn’t know why I was crying.

“What’s wrong, bud? Why are you crying?” Mike said. He leaned over and stroked my back and somehow it worked. I calmed down a little and looked up at the two concerned faces that were looking at me.

“I’ll never get out of here; I don’t have parents anymore.” I said through my tears. Pete moved closer and with a tissue from the table cleaned away the tears that were running down my face. He put a finger under my shin and moved my face to look him in the eyes.

“What happened?” That was the only thing that he asked me. So, I told them everything. About Dennis and my feelings for him, my mom who caught us kissing and the fallout after that. I told them that my parents threw me out of the house because they couldn’t stand gay son. I told them about my “friends” that turned their backs on me and left me all alone. About the 4 months I had to live on the street and everything else. They were there beside me holding me the whole time I told my tale.

After I told them everything, I was exhausted and said “I’m tired, can I take a little nap?” and before I waited for an answer my head hit the pillow and I was out cold. When I woke up next it was dark outside but Pete and Mike were still there. But there was another person I didn’t know.

“Good morning, or better good evening since it’s close to 7 pm. How did you sleep?” Mike asked me with a cheerful smile on his face. I must have a confused look on my face looking at the mysterious woman in the room because Mike continued by saying “This is Charlene Farris, she is a social worker for the CPS here in L.A.”

“What?” I shrieked. “Did you call her? Is she going to put me in the system? I heard the stories about that. I don’t want that. Tell her to go away.” I pleaded. I don’t want to be put into the system. I heard the stories about foster families and group homes and what happens there. This is not going to happen to me. I need to get out of here. I stood up, and walked to the door when I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder trying to stop me.

I turned around and saw Pete looking at me. “Where do you think you are going? Back on the street? That’s not going to happen, and no, she is not here to put you in a group home or a bad foster family. She is here to help you. Just trust me on this, ok?”

I trusted him, but he called the CPS. Can I really trust him about this? I mean they rescued me and were beside me the whole time I was in this hospital room. I looked over my shoulder at what was Charlene Farris and asked with a worried look “Do you want to take me away and bring to a group home or something like that? Because if you are, I am going to run away before we even get there.”

“No Sweetheart, I am not going to do that. If you would please sit down, we can talk about this.” I walked over to the bed and sat down and waited for her to continue. “Ok, lets have a look, your parents threw you out of the house because you kissed your boyfriend and they couldn’t stand a gay son. That happens all the time in the U.S. They also never filed you for a runaway or that you were missing. That means they are going to have some words with the police because what they did is not legal. They will get charged with some things and probably go to jail for it. But we are not here because of them, we’re here to discuss what happens with you in the future.” She stopped to get a sip of the water on the table next to her. “Ok, before you freak out now, I do have a home for you and you already know the two. Mike and Pete volunteered to take you in immediately. They are certified foster parents, so there is no problem for you to just move in. What do you think?”

That was a lot. Could I live with them? What will happen to me if I can’t live with them? Do I even want to live with them? Questions over questions are running in my head. At the end I didn’t really have a choice. Sure, I could just run away but then they would file me as a runaway and every cop in this city is searching for me. I actually really would like to live with them. I mean, they are gay like me so there isn’t any problem for me to get thrown out again. But am I save there? They saved me from the rapist and all but did they do it out of lust or did they do it because they just wanted to help me? Aaargh. My head keeps spinning because of those questions. At the end I would really like to live with them, even if I have to take a risk.

“Yes, I would really like that.” I said with teary eyes. “You guys saved me and want to let me live with you because I don’t have a home. I mean, I don’t really know them other then that they never left my side here. They saved my life and calmed me down when I was in a bad mood. So, yes, I would really like to live with them.”

“Ok, then that’s settled. Just some paperwork left and you are ready to go. Peter and Michael Smith are from this time on your guardians either until you turn 18 or something else happens. I will visit you from time to time so see if everything is fine, other than that I hope I don’t have to see your name on my desk again.” Mrs. Farris said with a little chuckle at the end.

So, that’s it now. I have a new home now and new parents, two dads to be exact, but that’s something I don’t really worry about. I just hope everything turns out good. I had lost too much already and I think I don’t stand to lose it again. I will do my best to be a good boy and don’t disappoint them. I mean, I never caused any problem other then being gay and I don’t think they have any problem with that.

 _______ 

The next day we got the discharge papers from the Doctor and were good to go. Mike and Pete only left my room to go to the toilet, to get something to eat themselves or to get a change of clothes from home. Home. That’s a word I didn’t think I would use anytime soon. They told me some about them; where they live, what they do for work, what their family is like and other things. I got to know them a little over the few hours we were still in my hospital room. I also told them everything there was to know about me.

“Don’t be so down buddy, you will make new friends. I am sure about that. And don’t worry about you being gay. There are many gay teens at your new school. There even is a GSA with a lot of members and just around the corner from home we have a gay youth group. We’re in the big city here and there are just a few narrow-minded people here, the most are open people who will love to have a friend like you.” Mike said to me after I told him my worries about the school I will be going to and what those people would think about me. I also told him that I don’t know if I really would be ready to be out like that but they just said that it is my call to make.

As the nurse came in, I was just ready to gather my things together and was ready to go down but she just said I had to leave the hospital with the wheelchair she pushed into the room. She said it was a hospital policy or something like that. I didn’t really mind the ride down to the parking lot. Mike took my few things and I sat down into the wheelchair, the nurse then started to push me out of the room and to the elevator. As we were down and on the parking lot I said “Thank you” and after a goodbye my new “dads” showed me the way to their car.

Damn. What a car. I didn’t know they had that kind of money. They opened the trunk to put the things away Mike carried. I just looked at the car and wondered if they really were that well off. Not every normal working family could afford an Audi RS6 like that. Yes, I always liked cars and such a beauty like that car is worth to drool over it. It was dark grey and had a complete body kit around it. It looked brutal. But before I could say anything about it Pete told me to get in already, so I got in the backrow and buckled up. When Pete started the motor, I let out a gasp, it not just looked brutal, it sounded the same. After a few miles riding in it my excitement dropped down a little until we came to the house.

The house was a big, white mansion like I saw sometimes in those videos on YouTube. We drove up to the garage which opened automatically and parked the car. They then showed me around the house. It’s really even bigger inside than you imagine on the outside.

“Hey bud, this is your room now. If you want, we can redecorate it and paint the walls. Make yourself a home, because from now on you will live with us. You don’t have to hide here, you can just be yourself. We will do everything we can to give you a loving home and give you everything you need and deserve. I the few days we have known you, we fell in love with your lovely soul, so please, accept our present of a new family for you.” Mike said with teary eyes and before Pete could say anything more I was in their arms. Teardrops fell down my cheeks like a waterfall because I was so happy to found a family who can love me like I am and not only when I am what they want me to be.

As the day went by, I settled in a little and before I realized it, the day almost was gone. Mike called me down for dinner and we had a fantastic meal. Afterwards we cleaned the dishes and sat in the big living room and watched a movie. I don’t really remember what the movie was about, because before I could really see something, I fell asleep on Mike’s lap while he was stroking my hair. That was something new for me. My real parents never did something like that. Sure, they said they loved me every now and then but they never really showed any affection to me at all. Sometimes on my birthday I got a hug but that was about it.

 _______ 

The next day I woke in my bed. My bed. That sounds awesome. Mike or Pete must have carried me up to bed and tucked me in. I lay in MY bed awake, still couldn’t really get that I finally have a family. I have two dads now. They even told me yesterday that I’ll get enrolled in school next week. Since it’s Friday they thought it wouldn’t do any harm if I can settle in a day longer. When I heard a little knock on my door, Pete peeked inside my room and looked with a smile at me.

“Hey there, thought I come upstairs and wake you, but you are already awake. So, want to come down for some breakfast? Mike is making bacon, eggs and some sausages. For your first morning here he thought it would be nice to spoil you a little.” Pete said with a chuckle.

“Yes, sure, but I really need to shower first. I be right down.” I said to him but my smile soon faded to a frown. “I don’t have clean clothes to wear. Everything I have is what I have on.” I started to tear up. That really wasn’t something I thought about much. But now it came crashing down on me.

“Don’t worry Ryan, we thought ahead and ordered some new clothes for you. When the nurses washed your clothes in the hospital, I noted the sizes and ordered new clothes for you. Just look in your dresser. See you downstairs.” Pete said with a soft smile, left the room and closed the door again. Wow, they really do care about me. I moved to the dresser with still teary eyes and opened it. There were clothes in my size for at least 1 week. Brand new clothes. I couldn’t believe my luck. There are the tears again. But not out of sadness, this time they are happy tears.

This went on for the whole weekend. They got surprises all weekend long. The new clothes were just the beginning and the tears I shed there out of happiness weren’t the last through those days. I got a new phone, a new backpack and I even got a new bike. Monday morning, I woke up with worry but only because I didn’t know what I would do at school. Be myself or pretend to be straight? But do I have to tell them? I mean, it’s none of their business. But can I be myself? I think I have to play it by ear. Lets see what happens.

 _______ 

Ok. School sucks, but what school doesn’t, right? The teachers are alright, I guess and the other students just don’t really care about the new guy at their school. I still got a new friend in the first few days at the new school. His name is Cameron or Cam for short and we hit it off pretty good. He is 14 like me and cute as hell. Around my height, light blond hair and the bluest eyes I have ever seen. The first conversation with him was a stutter massacre from both of us. I just have a feeling. Maybe we can hang out someday soon after school.

Christmas. It’s still the first Christmas away from my family but now that I have Mike and Pete I don’t feel so alone anymore. In a few days the holidays begin and I have a feeling that this year it’ll be a really nice Christmas. Living with Mike and Pete showed me that I’m not worthless as some people called me, besides other insults. They even give me an allowance and I used it to get a really special gift for them. They could buy themselves everything they want so I had to buy something they couldn’t expect. The one thing nobody really knew about me other than Dennis was, that I could draw and paint. So, the only thing I could do now was to buy the things I needed and begin to draw and paint a picture.

The first weekend with them we got a picture of us three positioned at the beach. The light was perfect and I just knew it was the perfect pick for the picture I’m about to make. When I got everything I needed, I sat down in the basement in the little gaming room they sat up for me and started on it. I just went there when they weren’t at home or otherwise occupied. The day before Christmas I got it finished and after letting it dry, I wrapped it up and hid it in my room.

On Christmas morning I got woken up by Mike who smiled at me and said “Good morning bud, Merry Christmas, want to come down and open up some gifts?”

“Good morning and merry Christmas to you too, I’ll be right behind you, I just have to get something before going down.” I said to him with a big smile on my face. I was really happy it all played out as well as it did. I grabbed the wrapped-up picture and went downstairs to my new Family. I realized when my own blood family doesn’t want me anymore because I am not like how they want me, then fuck them. I don’t need people in my live who can’t accept me the way I am.

With a smile on my face I sat down beside my new dads and gave them their gift from me. When they opened it up, they had tears in their eyes and before I could react, they both gave me a big group hug. “Did you make this?” Pete asked me with his tear strained face smiling down at me. I just nodded and let loose myself. This is what family is about. Unconditional love. Acceptance. I could have bought them some cheap present but I didn’t. I put my heart into the present and it showed. The rest of the day was just a blurry memory because that moment when they hold me was one of the best feelings in the world.

 _______ 

Epilogue:

This was now my second Christmas with Pete and Mike who I now call Dad and Pop. They accepted me for who I am and loved me ever since I got into hospital. They supported everything I did and when I got into trouble, I had to face consequences as well. It was just like a normal family. Everything was perfect. I even was right about Cam. He is now my boyfriend and I really do love him. We are taking it slow and so far, it works really well. The weekend over the new year I will be spending at his house. His parents are fine with our relationship like my dads are.

Like the year before I got them a special gift. It’s another Painting from me. They never asked me where I got the last one from. They never came down to my little basement room. It was my sanctuary, so it was my private space. They loved the Painting like they did last time. But this time they got an even better gift for me. It was just a little envelope and when I opened it up I almost fainted.

On top of the Letter stood: Application to adopt a child. I couldn’t believe it. They wanted to adopt me. This time it was me who flew into their arms crying like a baby. I already knew this but today it confirmed it. I got a family for Christmas. The biggest gift anyone could have given me. I am now complete and not alone anymore.

Feel free to leave a comment or a like. ;) 
Copyright © 2019 TimmY92; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

16 hours ago, avidreadr said:

Love it.

Thanky you. I loved writing it. ;) 

 

14 hours ago, mikel22 said:

a wonderful story
I love it

Thank you. ;) 

3 hours ago, Geron Kees said:

Frightening, but with a happy ending. Wish the world worked like that more often! :)

 

I know, but thats live, even if we don't want to hear it, it still happens. But the world gets better, even when it's getting there slowly. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

Thank you for sharing this! Great story! 

Thank you very much. ❤️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Onim said:

Very beautiful...thank you for the Christmas gift! 🥰

Thank you... I really liked to wrap up this Christmas gift.:D 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..