Jump to content
    totallyy
  • Author
  • 343 Words
  • 576 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Letters To Nobody - 5. Chapter 5

A gentle breeze caressed your face as strands of chestnut lifted, revealing your cool blue eyes. I watched as the sunlight filter through the leaves, casting shadows over your warm golden skin. I held back my fingers.

The awakening of life hummed deeply in the mild air. Your gaze fell on me as I watched you watch me. The corners of your mouth lifted and a tingle shot straight through to my centre. Wrinkles spread in the corner of your eyes, your eyes glittering in the light.

Fishtail lines, I had once told you.

The memory stole a laugh from me.

Your eyebrow rose as it did when I mentioned them.

"Nothing," I dismissed.

That’s what they call them in my language.

Your gaze fell back onto the lines of fine print filling the pages with Jane Austen’s beautiful world. I watched as you immersed yourself in it, those orbs of blue travelling along the trail of words, jerking to the beginning of the next as they ran out of space.

A comfortable silence floated between us, as I watched the world around us awaken: in the buds of flowers and the scurrying of squirrels. I looked to your still features, your eyes still running along their lines. A moment passed. You looked up at me. A breeze ruffled Jane’s pages, and your hand sought to still them. There was no smile. Instead, your gaze sent gently encrypted messages to which I did not know the key.

The light aged, painting the crowded sky a myriad of pink, orange and purple. The breeze grew impatient, urging the sun to leave. Palm against palm, the friction brought me some comfort as I clasped my warmed hands together.

A loud snap, bones creaked, your hand extended from above.

"Let’s go," you offered.

I hoisted myself up. Your hand adjusted itself, lacing your fingers with mine. The howling wind pursued the fleeing sun to the corner of the sky, as the last of its light dimmed into darkness.

My hand was not cold, though.

2013 totallyy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..