Jump to content
    totallyy
  • Author
  • 266 Words
  • 528 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Letters To Nobody - 3. Chapter 3

The clunk of plastic and metal hummed across the wooden lab bench. The beakers and conical flasks trembled, threatening to topple their contents. Eyes zeroed in on the source of the unnerving sound as I picked up my phone and muted it.

Hi smile.png

I barely caught a glance of the message before the screen blacked over. I stowed the treacherous device into my pocket before going back to the task at hand. I decided that there would only be one experiment allowed to occupy my thoughts in that moment.

The colours of the room assaulted me as I lifted the scratched and age-tinted goggles and placed them on the shelf. I shrugged off the white coat, well-worn and spotted with remnants of experiments that would unlikely ever wash off.

I withdrew my cell phone to check the time. Scrolling through my schedule, the blinking blue light reminded me of my lingering notification. I drew up the text page and stared at the mistake I made in the loneliest hours of the morning.

Hey.

Hi smile.png

I berated my weak alter ego who clearly lacked self-restraint as I deliberated the words that would absolve me of this situation. When I looked at the screen again, another line appeared.

Wanna get coffee? I’ll be at the same place from 3 to 5pm. Just swing by whenever. smile.png

My fingers hovered over the keyboard as I digested the words. I chewed on them very slowly in my mind, tumbling over them, but the single thought that occupied my mental capacity was,

Oh god, he’s a smiley kind of guy.

2013 totallyy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Cute slice of life. I love the last line, full of irony and intelligence and personality. Thanks for sharing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Lol. I smiled when I read the last line. But for the protagonist, is it something positive or negative?

 

Like in the previous chapters, I love how you bring life to the surroundings to complement what's happening in the plot. Very intelligent. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/29/2013 10:35 AM, Ieshwar said:
Lol. I smiled when I read the last line. But for the protagonist, is it something positive or negative?

 

Like in the previous chapters, I love how you bring life to the surroundings to complement what's happening in the plot. Very intelligent. :)

For me, personally, when I wrote the line, I imagined him rolling his eyes but unable to suppress a grin. because it doesn't really matter does it at this point? we all know he's totally interested. ^^

 

Thanks for reading! :D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..