Jump to content
    vanalas
  • Author
  • 13,059 Words
  • 879 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Comments, critiques and tips are warmly welcome.

A Love to Last - 4. Chapter 4: Fate keeps playing tricks on Ben and David. Will they ever meet again?

Thanks guys for your patience. I am glad you're following and enjoying this series. Looking forward to hearing more of your views. vanalas out!

A love to Last Ch. 04

“Mom? David gasped. He didn’t move an inch.

Claudia started getting inside, staring at her son like he had said something abominable.

“Mom?”

“You brought a stranger to my house.” It wasn’t a question. “And not only that but you also slept with a stranger. How dare you, David! Don’t you have any sense of decency left in you?”

David shook his head. “No, mom, you don’t understand. This boy is….”

“I don’t wanna hear it.” She rudely dismissed it. “I have heard enough. I thought you had class and decency but you’re proving me wrong. You picked up some whore at a club and brought him here, in my house. I can’t believe you. Haven’t I taught you anything?”

“You’ve got me wrong, mom.” He said, shaking his head. “This boy isn’t a prostitute or whatever you’re thinking. He… he is someone I have been looking for for so long now. I met him at the club and he left before I could wake up.”

“From the look of things, you slept with this boy. Tell me…” She crossed her arms. “…who sleeps with someone they don’t know on the first day? You met this boy yesterday, brought him home and he slept in your bed. That sounds like a typical prostitute to me.” She shrugged. “And I hope he didn’t steal anything of mine.”

“Mom!” David raised his voice, surprising her. “Please, just stop. You don’t know who this boy is and I won’t let you judge him.”

With those words, he walked past her but she grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“Where do you think you are going?” She asked harshly. “And how dare you talk to me like that. Do you realize that I am your mother?”

“I am sorry mom.” He sounded frustrated. “But I need to look for that boy. He couldn’t have gone far.”

“You’ll do no such thing.” She snapped, raising her finger at him. “Do I make myself clear?”

“But mom…”

“I’ll not take this nonsense from you.” She warned. “You’ll go back to your room and I don’t wanna hear about this ever again. Do I make myself clear?”

“Mom, please.” He pleaded. “This is very important to me.”

“I don’t care.” She yelled. “Go back to your room or I’ll order the guards to lock you up in your room.”

David groaned, stamping his foot on the floor. He stormed out of there, cursing under his breath. She had ruined the chances of him going after the boy. He was very upset with her.

“What’s going on here?” She asked the stunned Amber. “What’s wrong with your brother?”

“I don’t know.” She said under her breath. “He’s been looking for a boy. I didn’t even know he was with someone last night. Honestly, I’ve never seen him act the way he did and it got me scared.”

“A boy?” She raised an eyebrow. “Which boy is that?”

“Someone he met sometime back but didn’t know who he was.” She sighed, scratching her head. “But I’ll tell you everything else later. You just returned.”

She went to her mother and wrapped her arms around her. But she was worried about her brother. She kept thinking about him and what he had said. She needed to talk to him but at that point, she needed to calm her mother down.

David on the other hand reached his bedroom and locked the door. He leaned on the wall as he scanned the room like he had been there for the first time. The memories hit him all at the same time. He remembered bringing the boy to the room, how he appreciated his room and told him what would make it even better.

He remembered the boy dancing and them making love. David didn’t even realize there was a tear going down his cheek. He walked to the bed slowly and once there, he pulled the top duvet down and saw blood stains on the sheets.

He slowly passed his hands on the sheets and his heart broke. How could he have been stupid as to have overslept and not even hear when the boy had been getting up? He cursed himself for being so stupid to lose the boy again. He didn’t even know his name or where he stayed. What was he thinking of him?

“How do I find you?”

***

Ben was seated on the bathroom floor in the shower. The water that hot him was warm but all he felt was this coldness around him that the warm water couldn’t melt. There was blood where he sat and pain on his ass but he didn’t care.

The memories of the previous night made him so scared. Now that he was sober, he remembered everything that had happened. The man he had met and slept with. He couldn’t believe he had lost his virginity to a complete stranger.

He remembered that the man hadn’t wanted to have sex with him. He was the one that had initiated it like some common prostitute. Remembering the whole thing made him feel so weak and worthless.

‘Make me forget!’

A great sob escaped him, and he covered his face with shaking hands. He had wiped his eyes so much that they were red and swollen. He had been in the bathroom for hours. His tears spilt over and flowed down his cheek together with water like a river escaping a dam.

Waking up on a stranger’s chest with his arms wrapped around him was the hardest thing ever. He had to escape from that place without anyone seeing him. He didn’t know how he had done it but it was a success. He had been in pain, confused and with a hangover. He was lucky Jim was still asleep when he came back home. Otherwise, he had no idea how he’d have explained that he lost his virginity to a stranger.

Elena had succeeded in making the day he always cherished into a nightmare. First she had destroyed his mother’s memories and now she had led him to sleeping with a stranger. She had won and he had lost. His mother must have been so disappointed wherever she was.

When he thought about everything, he could hold the heartbreak no longer and he fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as his grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

***

‘Ben, calm down.’ A calm voice spoke on the other end. ‘You’re only hurting yourself and it’s breaking my heart.’

“How could I?” He said in between sobs. “I can’t get those memories out of my mind no matter how I try. I feel like just dying. I should have just died with her.”

‘Shut!’ The woman snapped on the other end of the line. ‘You’re not gonna speak about death with me, do you understand? How dare you even say that to me.’

“it’s true, isn’t it? A lot of people would have been happier.” He furiously rubbed his face. “How do I even go out there and face the world after what I did last night. I feel like they all know that I slept with a stranger.”

There was a silence on the other end of the line. Ben thought she had cut the call but…

‘It’s that evil woman’s fault.’ She said angrily. ‘Is there no end to her being evil. I always warned my brother that nothing was gonna come out of that woman and I still maintain my words. If she didn’t do her evil, you wouldn’t have gotten drunk and get taken advantage of by a stranger.’

“He didn’t.” Ben said followed by a stream of tears. “He wanted to stop but…”

‘Don’t blame yourself, my son. You’re not to blame. I swear when I see that woman, I am gonna give her a taste of her own medicine.’ She was so mad that he could feel it. ‘There’s no way she can be doing all this and get away with it.’

He couldn’t say a word but just cry.

“Should I come to you?’ She asked softly. ‘Do you need me?’

“No!” He shook his head. “There’s no need for that. It will only cause more trouble and besides… I don’t want anyone else finding out about this. Daddy is gonna be so disappointed.”

‘And who’s to be blamed if not for that evil woman.’ She yelled. ‘She can’t keep escaping all these things that she does. She needs to be answerable at some point. And Ben… I told you to come stay with me. But you completely refused.’

“You know why I couldn’t come with you.” He said softly. “It would have caused so many problems between you and daddy.”

They continued talking and she was trying to make him feel better but it wasn’t working. He couldn’t erase those memories of his passionate night with a complete stranger. She was the only one he needed to talk to, his father’s sister. She had been like a mother to him but she was all the way in Singapore. She was an amazing woman and the closest thing he had to a mother. But he didn’t wanna her to come back for the sake of peace.

***

David was seated in his room, leaning towards his bed with his mind elsewhere. He was only putting on a black cargo short with a white tee. His room was a mess, just like it had been when he had woken up. He was in pain… the pain of missing the boy. He didn’t even know it was possible to miss someone so much that he didn’t know a thing about.

His mother had forbidden him to go out that day and she had given the guards specific warnings about letting him out of the house. He had been in that position for a long time. He didn’t have his breakfast or supper. He didn’t know what time it was and he honestly didn’t care. All he wanted was to see him again.

He heard a knock on his door but didn’t even bother answering. After a few attempted knocks, whoever was at the door opened and let themselves in. He didn’t bother finding out who. He felt someone leaning towards him and placing their hands on the shoulder.

“I tried asking the guards but none of them saw him.” It was Amber and she sounded very concerned. “The maids didn’t even see him too. Are you sure that it was the same boy?”

“I am not crazy.” He said softly, staring at her. His eyes were red. “I know who I was with last night. His blood is still on my sheets in case you wanna confirm.”

“No!” She shook her head. “I am just concerned and very worried about you. I know you don’t believe it but so is mom. You haven’t come down since you came up in the morning. You haven’t had anything to eat or drink.”

“Eat?” He laughed sarcastically. “I don’t need no fucking food. I just need him. And if mom was concerned, she wouldn’t have had me locked up like some fucking prisoner. I would have had my chances of finding him but no…” A tear went down his cheek which he furiously rubbed. “…I am stuck here like some rat in a cage.”

“I promise that we’re gonna find him.” She took his hand and kissed it. “We’re gonna find this beautiful prince charming of yours.”

“I don’t even know his name.” He chuckled in pain. “I don’t know where to start from. Even after I found him, destiny is still trying to play tricks.”

“I know it’s not gonna be easy.” She smiled, cupping his cheeks. “But there’s always a starting point. Why don’t you start from where you met last night.”

And that idea that first started as a joke grew in his mind. He hugged her tightly.

*

The next day night, David went back to the bar where he had met the mystery boy but he didn’t see him. He asked around with the description but no one seemed to have seen him. Those that had seen him told him that he wasn’t a regular and they saw him for the first time that night.

David tried his luck, he stayed there for many hours but there was no luck. He began a series of visiting the bar at night but not even once did the boy appear. He didn’t wanna give up so he continued searching for the boy anywhere he could find him, parks, malls, schools but there was nothing.

As he continued his search, Jim didn’t give up on him. Though not persistent as he was before, the boy was constantly showing up at his house, having a wonderful time with his mother and his sister, cooking him food and talking to him. Though David was reluctant to accept anything Jim was providing, his mother convinced him as she was taking a liking for the young boy.

Days to weeks and weeks turned to two months of searching, but there still no sign of the boy. Before that night, he used to meet the boy in different situations but after that night, there was no sign of him. It was the most painful two months of his life. But he still held to hope that he was gonna find him.

He didn’t understand one thing though, how the boy had appeared into his life and disappeared mysteriously. Was their encounter supposed to be a one-time thing only? And he also couldn’t understand how his feelings weren’t disappearing. But guess only time was gonna tell when they were supposed to meet again.

***

Two months later…

*

David threw his jacket on the bed and threw himself there like a five year old child with his arms and legs spread. He had been so tired after so many meetings at his company and deal signing. Two months and he had managed to take his company to a whole new level. He was a businessman to be reconned with. His mother was very proud and he was sure his father was.

Knock knock!

“Come in!” He said, a little too loudly.

His mother and his sister came in and they were all smiling. They sat with him as he rose and tried his best to smile.

“Hey there, baby.” Claudia greeted, resting his hand on his thigh. “How was your day?”

“I have had better days.” He said with a chuckle. “It was too busy but very successful. Why aren’t you coming for work again? I feel like there’s a lot for me to do alone. I could use your help.”

“Because this is your moment. You’ve been doing so much better.” She caressed his cheek. “And I am very proud of you. I will be back soon enough, I am just resting. And besides, soon, Amber will finish and you’ll both manage the company. Then my work will be done.”

David glanced at his sister and winked. But at that moment, something came to his mind. He looked at the both of them, wondering what they were both doing there. It surely wasn’t to welcome him back. There was something they wanted.

“Shoot!” He said as he crossed his arms on the chest. “I know you have something you wanna talk to me about, mom.”

“Okay!” She raised her arms as if she was surrendering. “You caught me. I wanna talk to you about something, something that’s gonna make me so happy if you say yes.”

“Okay.” He was curious. “The suspense is killing me. What is it?”

“It’s about…” She paused and took a deep breath. “…It’s about you and Jim. Don’t you think it’s about time you guys became a couple? The boy has been coming here for the last two months and he’s been so helpful.”

David lost the smile on his face and just stared at his mother with a blank face. His heart began racing and he felt like he was on trial. Instantly, the memories of the boy began kicking in like a drug. He missed him so much.

“But mom, I thought I already told you that Jim and I can only be friends.” He sighed. “You understood that. Besides, I am in love with someone else.”

Claudia laughed, squeezing his knee. “When your father and I got together, I did not love him. I never even thought that it was possible for me to love him because I had just come from a terrible heartbreak. But look at the life we lived. He made me the happiest woman on earth and gave me two wonderful kids that I love.”

“But…”

“The point I am trying to make is, it doesn’t necessary mean that you need to love the person to be happy.” She pointed out. “The ones that love us are the ones that make us the happiest.”

David dropped his eyes to the floor.

“I understand you, my brother. More than anything, I understand.” Amber said though she felt bad for him. “But you yourself told me that you believe in destiny and fate. Maybe you and this boy weren’t supposed to be. But Jim has been here with you even when you push him away. That boy loves you so much and he is willing to do anything for you. Who wouldn’t want someone like that in their lives?”

“She’s right.” Claudia said with so much happiness. “It’s not only you but I like Jim, he’s like another son to me. He’s handsome, classy, rich, honesty and humble. Personally, no one can beat that boy with those qualities. And I cannot afford to lose him. I want a son-in-law like Jim.”

David felt a pain rise from deep within. It had been two months and there was no sign of the boy. He wanted to hold him, kiss him and hug him but he was nowhere to be found. How long was he gonna be tortured because of that.

“Listen…. I cannot mislead you as your mother. I know what’s best for you and all I want is your happiness. This boy…” She couldn’t even finish her sentence as she laughed. “…I don’t know what I can say about him. I can see him running this house as my son-in-law.”

“Mom, I just have a lot in my mind right now.” He gave an excuse. “Jim is a wonderful guy but…”

“No buts…” She said softly. “…he’s perfect and if not for anyone, do it for me. Please.” She put her hands together, pleading with him. “Give Jim a chance and see what your sister and I see in him. I promise that I won’t ask for anything anymore if you do this for me. Please…”

“Mom…” He held her hands, shaking his head. “Please, don’t beg in front of me. You know how I hate that.”

“What can I do?” She said in a sad tone. “I am a mother after all. And I want to see my children happy.”

“Don’t beg. I…” What he was gonna say was gonna hurt a lot. “…I’ll see what I can do but please, don’t beg in front of me.”

When she heard that, she felt like sunshine had returned in her heart. She gripped her son in a very tight hug, feeling like she was on the moon. Finally, she had convinced her son to accept Jim. She was hoping that he was gonna do as she said.

David on the other hand was in dilemma. Was he going to fulfill his mother’s wish or continue looking for a boy he had no idea he was gonna find? He didn’t know what to do.

***

Jim picked up his bag and started heading out. It was a little bit too late and he was sure that his brother was waiting for him. He had come to the Paola mansion like he used to do almost every day and he was still leaving without his love. He took a sigh as he began heading for the exit.

“Jim!”

Jim heard a voice behind him and he made a quick turn. When he saw David coming towards him with one hand in his pocket and his shirt untucked with a serious face, he felt his heart race. He knew the guy had come to tell him what he always tells him.

“David, I was just leaving.” The boy said abruptly. “I… I am sorry.”

He turned and started leaving quickly but David rushed to him and pulled him back. They were now face to face, staring at each other. David could see the fear the boy had and he felt bad because he had imparted that fear in him.

“Please, let me go.” Jim pleaded, feeling his heart bleed. “I don’t wanna say anything that will make you say those hurtful words again.”

David swallowed his saliva and he felt like he was swallowing something big.

“Why are you always here despite everything that I have said to you?” David asked in a low voice. “Why do you always come back despite my rejection?”

Jim felt tears building in his eyes. “Because I still have hope that maybe one day you will give me back the love that I feel for you.” He said painfully. “Because no matter how you treat me, the love that I feel for you keeps getting stronger. And I keep telling myself that it’s not worth it but my heart keeps telling me otherwise.”

David tried to fight his tears but they built up like a storm. He didn’t understand who the pain he felt was for. It was intense and it was eating him from the inside.

“And I understand, David…” He chuckled bitterly. “…I have never ever chased a man before but you, I can’t even explain what I feel for you. It’s the first time I am feeling this way. Back then, it was men that used to chase me and not the other way around.”

He furiously rubbed his tears.

“But this is what love has done to me.” He chuckled bitterly. “I am in love with you, David, and no matter what I do, it won’t go away. It hurts seeing the person your heart is yearning for so close to you and yet you can’t even reach them.”

David suppressed his tears but they came flowing. He knew that he deserved to find that boy but it was like no matter what he did, it just drove them apart. He understood what Jim said because he was also feeling the same way.

“So please forgive me,” He said harshly. “I need to leave right now before what happened the other day repeats itself.”

Jim had kissed David without his permission a few days back and David had ended up snapping at him and saying a lot of hurtful words. They were still fresh in Jim’s mind. But he would repeat what he did the previous day just to have the taste of the man’s lips.

“Please, excuse me.”

He turned and started leaving.

“Then what’s stopping you?” David uttered loudly.

Jim stopped in his tracks and just stood still. His mouth opened, then closed, then opened again as he tried to gather his thoughts. He felt himself being surrounded by something warm. He couldn’t quite describe it but at that moment, he became aware of his heart.

“You win, Jim!” He uttered finally. “I don’t think I can fight you anymore. I cannot fight your feelings because… because I am tired also. Maybe it is our fate to be together and I have to give in. You’ve won.”

Jim made a turn so quick that sonic would have been jealous. His breath seized as he stared at the man like he’d grown another head. He couldn’t utter a word but the tears were speaking for themselves. His lips trembled as he tried to find his voice.

“Wha-what did you say?”

David took Jim’s hands and caressed them. “You’re an amazing guy, Jim, and despite all my insults and words that I have used, you’ve never given up. You’ve constantly told me how much you like me and how you’d love for us to be a couple.”

He dropped on one knee.

“Can you accept this stupid, unfortunate man as your boyfriend, Jim?”

Jim covered his mouth as his whole shook from excitement. Without a second thought, he dropped to his knees and smashed his lips on David’s, kissing him like there was no tomorrow. When he felt David respond to the kiss, he nearly passed out from the adrenaline that powered him up. It was the most intense, orgasmic kiss he’d ever shared.

“Oh my God!” He moaned as he broke the kiss, grasping the back of David’s head. “Someone wake up. This feels like a dream. Is this real? Are you David?”

David laughed as he struggled to keep his breathing under control. “Yes, it is. But…” He paused and looked into the boy’s eyes. “…you’re gonna have to bear with me. I have a few things that I need to get rid of…”

“You can take all the time you want. Thank you so much for making me the happiest man on this earth, David.” He said in between tears. “I can’t even express how much this feels.”

Without getting a word from the man, Jim kissed him once again. He need to feel him, to be one with him, to moan his name out right there. Shit! The way his lips danced on David’s, the taste of that sweetness and the smell of his breath, it all made Jim to be super excited that he felt himself getting horny.

They were still kissing when they heard someone clapping. They broke the kiss and found Claudia and Amber clapping with the widest smiles they’d ever seen on anyone’s face. Jim blushed and put his head on David’s chest, holding him tightly. Shit! The man was so hot in all places that he couldn’t even begin to imagine how it was gonna feel making love to him.

“Wow! I am the happiest mother alive.” Claudia hollered. “Just look at the both of you. You’re the cutest couple ever. Are you happy now?”

“I am the happiest person alive.” Jim said as he hugged her tightly. “Thanks for being so good to me.”

“Welcome to the family.” She said as she pulled away.

He hugged Amber too before he went back to holding his new boyfriend. He didn’t wanna let him go for fear of finding out it was nothing but a dream.

“Does this mean that you’re gonna stay for dinner?” Amber asked excitedly.

“Can I stay forever?”

They all laughed at his answer. They all went into the dining room and had the best time ever. The entire time, Jim couldn’t get his hands off his man. His fairytale life had begun and he was gonna do everything to keep his man.

***

Ben was seated on the floor in the living room, staring at the paper that was in his hands. There was so much detail and he couldn’t believe he still remembered every detail that night because he was fucking drunk. The handsome face, the captivating smile, those side beards that graced his face and made him look like he was an angel and the suit he wore.

He couldn’t believe that he had the nerves of drawing someone that he had a one night stand with. But what could he do? He had been dreaming about that man the last two months that he couldn’t understand how he could get so attached to someone that he didn’t even know. But one thing was clear, despite what he felt, he was hoping never to meet the man again. But why the hell did he have to draw him, he thought as he hit his head.

Ben had tears in his eyes and he didn’t even realize it. It was a very passionate night that had messed with his mind.

Suddenly, he heard the door opening and he quickly put the paper in a book and closed it before he wiped his eyes and wore a smile. Jim didn’t know about what had happened and he felt bad that he didn’t tell him. But he didn’t wanna make trouble between him and his mother.

“Ben!” Jim shouted excitedly when he saw him.

He rushed to him and wrapped his arms tightly around him while jumping like a child. He was on cloud 9 and he was just too excited. He pulled away from the hug but still held Ben’s hands and shouted at the top of his voice, confusing the already confused boy.

“Ben, I am so excited right now. Wake me up from this dream. It’s too good to be true.” He hollered, fanning himself with his hands. “Breath Jim, breath. You’ve already won.”

“Won?” Ben frowned. “What are you talking about?”

Jim took a deep breath as he placed his hands on his hips, staring into his brother’s eyes.

“Guess who just started dating the hottest man on the planet.” He jumped again. “Me!”

“No ways.” Ben gasped, his heart filling with excitement. “David?”

Jim nodded, blushing. “Yes, he just proposed this evening. I feel like just dying from excitement.”

“Oh my God, finally!” Ben’s sadness washed away and now he was happy. “What happened? Tell me, I am dying of suspense.”

“I was about to leave but he stopped me. He told me he loved me and he…” He paused and licked his lips sensually. “…he kissed me. That was the most intense kiss I have shared with any boy in my entire life. Just feel it.” He took Ben’s hand and placed it on his chest. “My heart beats so fast that I feel like I might pass out. Can you believe it? I finally got the man that I have always wanted.”

“Congratulations, Jim. Your happiness is what I always desire and now that you’ve gotten it, my heart is at peace.”

“Thank you so much, Ben.” Jim said excitedly. “Honestly, I just want to say that I am so excited for this. His mother likes me and she can’t wait to make me her son-in-law.”

“Already?” Ben gasped. “This is so serious.”

“I can’t wait either because he’s my soulmate.” He moaned, wrapping arms around himself. “I miss him already and I just wish we had spent time together. I honestly cannot wait to kiss him again, wrap myself in his body and make love to him.”

“Whoa! Too much detail.” Ben laughed, raising his arms like he was surrendering. He started going to the couch and Jim followed him. “You can’t seriously be thinking of that. Don’t you think you need to get to know him a little more?”

“What’s there to know?” He shrugged. “I don’t care about anything right now. My feelings are overflowing and they’re about to explode like a volcano. Do you know I wanted him when we kissed?”

“I am just saying that don’t seem too desperate.” Ben said simply.

“I am desperate already and I don’t care. As long as the man is mine, I need to consummate our relationship as soon as possible.”

Ben sighed. “If you say so. So when do I get to meet this mystery man of yours?”

“Errr…” Jim paused and started staring in the ceiling like he was thinking of something. “I wanted to introduce him to you right away but I thought of introducing him to you when his family comes to meet mine. That will be a week or two from now. That time we’ll be done with exams and we’re gonna be home. I think that will be the perfect time.”

“Are you serious?” Ben asked in a shocked voice. “Two weeks? Why?”

“Because I want you to continue guessing my mystery man. And don’t you dare search on him.” He warned jokingly, pointing at Ben. “The moment I introduce him to you, the wait is gonna be worth it.”

Ben gave Jim suspicious eyes. “Hmmmm…. Are you sure you’re together?”

“100%” He gestured. “I wouldn’t lie to you and besides, you can always confirm with Amber. She was there when the whole thing was happening.”

“Okay, looks like I am the only one that was missing. And now you’re gonna tell every detail.” He took a cushion and got comfortable, staring at Jim with a smile.

Jim begun narrating his story all smiles and laughs. It was the happiest that Ben had seen him with any boy before. He could tell the boy was so much in love.

***

Ben was busy cooking in the kitchen, preparing lunch. He was wearing an apron and a black t-shirt with a white short. It was almost 12 and he had somewhere to go in the afternoon since their exams were coming up.

He heard the door bell ring and he switched off the cooker and begun rushing to the door. He touched the door knob and began opening the door when out of the blue, Jim came and shut the door quickly. To say Ben was surprised would be an understatement.

“Okay…” He frowned as he looked at the boy. “What’s going on? Why are you preventing me from opening the door?”

“That’s my prince charming.” He said softly. “He’s here to pick me up on a date.”

Ben looked at Jim from head to toe. That was when he realized that the boy was dressed so gorgeously. He wore a white shirt that was tucked in a black skinny jean with black and white sneakers. His hair was curled and then tied in a ponytail and he had some makeup on his face. All in all, he looked marvelous.

“What?” He asked.

“I am just looking at how you’re dressed.”

“You don’t like it?”

“I love it. But don’t you think I should meet him right now? Amber already knows who he is.”

“That’s because it is her brother.” He laughed. “But you, sir, are gonna go back to the kitchen and continue cooking. As for meeting my man, you’re gonna have to wait until the time I told you. For now, you can remain with the suspense.”

“I hate you.” Ben groaned.

“I love you.”

Ben laughed and went back to the kitchen. Jim fixed himself up before he opened the door with a smile. And there was his man, waiting for him at the door looking like a snack. He wore a black designer’s suit with red shirt and black shoes. He looked yummy that Jim wanted to eat him right there.

“Hey there, Mr. handsome!” He greeted.

“Hi!” David greeted with a sheepish smile. “Hope I am not disturbing anything.”

“Of course, not.” He chuckled nervously. “You’re just here in time. I was waiting for quite sometime.”

He got closer and smacked his lips on the man’s, kissing him sweetly. Shit! He smelled like a flower and his lips tasted heavenly. It made Jim’s body to shudder in both lust and excitement. Fuck! He wanted to rip those clothes off and ride him right there.

“Hmmmm…” He moaned as he broke the kiss, rubbing on his lips. “…you taste heavenly. What did you put on your lips?”

David chuckled. “Nothing, that’s just my natural taste. Are you ready?”

“Always!”

Jim coiled his arms with the hunk’s and they left. He enjoyed the look on the faces of the people that they met, the admiration, the jealous but he was with his man and all they could do was watch. They went to a five-star restaurant and enjoyed themselves with the most delicious food.

They tried each other’s favorite desserts, drinks and everything. Jim didn’t miss the chance to still kisses from his boyfriend everyone in a while, especially to boast to the people that were watching them. After that, they went to the movies and watched a very beautiful romantic movie as they held hands. Then they went somewhere and talked before they went to have dinner. That was the best day Jim has ever had with anyone. By the time he was going back to his apartment, his lips were so swollen and yet he needed the man still.

After that, they went on random dates, of course it was planned by Jim. David was trying his possible best not to make Jim feel like he didn’t want him. And he had thought he was gonna forget about the boy but there were so many times his face popped up on his mind out of the blue. He just wished that things hadn’t gone the way they had. If only he hadn’t slept the way he did, he would have been with the boy.

Things for Jim were getting really good. He was with his man and he was enjoying his time with him. David’s family adored him and they already considered him part of the family. Seconds were turning into minutes, minutes into hours and hours turned into days. The young couple were growing happily together. Jim thought nothing was gonna break them apart.

In those days, David never attempted to have sex with Jim which really annoyed Jim because he was constantly horny when he was with him. He wanted him so bad that he had jerked off so many times just thinking about him. He was happy, very happy.

***

‘Baby, when are you coming?’ Jim complained on the other end. ‘You know how much I miss you when I haven’t seen you whole day.’

David laughed as he gave the money to the woman that was smiling brightly at him.

“I was just getting something at the mall.” He said sweetly. “Besides, I am sure mom is keeping you company over there.”

‘She is…’ He sighed. ‘…but she’s not you. I miss your lips on mine and feeling your body close to mine.’

“I will be there soon, I promise.” He smiled.

‘Alright, I love you, baby.’

“Alright, see you.”

He cut the call and got the things from the lady, some flowers, his favorite chocolates and some snacks. He was on his way home from work, dressed in a black shirt that was half-way buttoned up and tucked in a gray trousers. He was sexy and he could see the lady eyeing him out.

“Thanks.” He said with a smile.

“Is this for the love of your life?” She asked.

“Yeah, kinda.” He sighed.

“I could tell. That was her.”

“Him!”

The lady didn’t lose the smile on her face. He thanked her and left. He was at the mall and it seemed kinda busy that day. He was hoping there wasn’t so much traffic so he didn’t delay as he was already late.

He started heading out with one hand in his pocket and a straight face. He was rushing but when he moved his eyes up, he suddenly froze and just stopped, standing there like he was a statue. His body felt cold and everything disappeared. It was so quiet that he’d have heard a pin fall.

‘God! What’s happening? Wonderboy!’

He only got to realize that he didn’t speak at all when he didn’t hear his voice. His eyes involuntarily followed him. He didn’t know if his mind played tricks on him but everything was moving in slow motion. That face, the beauty of that natural face… those pink lips that he was dying to taste and that body.

The boy wore a black t-shirt and a black skinny jean. He had his hair just loose but the way he looked, David had never seen anyone so beautiful. And shit, he was in a transparent elevator going up.

When his mind realized this, David began running like the hounds of hell were after him. Adrenaline pumped into him and he suddenly felt so much energy. He reached the elevator door and began pressing on the buttons like he was going insane. But the elevator was still going up.

“I am not gonna lose you again.” He said under his breath.

He hit the escalator but ran up like he was going crazy. He saw the boy leave the elevator before he could reach up and he increased his pace, apologizing to the people that he was bumping into. They probably saw him as a crazy man.

“Mr….” He called to the boy but there was no response. “Wonderboy! It’s me.”

But there was still nothing. He ran and he ran like he had never run before. When he finally managed to reach the floor he’d seen the boy get off, he began rushing, scanning everyone that he saw. He wasn’t gonna lose him again. He was out of breath but he didn’t care as long as he achieved his go.

After searching for what seemed like hours, he finally saw him heading into the supermarket. He rushed to him and with lots of excitement when he reached there, he pulled his arm. But to his disappointment, it was someone else. A boy who wore exactly what he’d seen his dream boy with and exactly the same hair, maybe shorter but he could have sworn that it was him.

“Hey, I am so sorry.” He apologized. “I thought you were someone else, someone I have been searching for, for a long time.”

“Is that so?” The man smiled brightly. “Well, I pray you find the person you’re looking. I am just sorry that it wasn’t me.”

David gave a faint smile, nodding at the man. He stood there, feeling defeated and stupid. He had tears in his eyes and the pain that he had felt before after realizing he had lost him came all the way back. He looked miserable and weak.

“I can’t believe this happened again.”

***

“Hey baby, come here.”

Amber wrapped her arms tightly around Ben, kissing both his cheeks. They sat in a restaurant and ordered some lunch for themselves. But Amber realized that Ben was awfully quiet, something was on his mind. He barely touched his food.

“Ben!” She called, getting him out of his thoughts. “Are you okay? You’re zoning out.”

“Y-yeah!” He stammered, trying to put up a smile but he wasn’t fooling anyone.

“No, you’re not.” Amber shook her head. “How long have we known each other? I thought we were best-friends now. I am supposed to know what’s wrong.”

“Okay.” He sighed as he stared at her. “It’s just a feeling I got while I was on my way here. I don’t know… I can’t explain but I felt like someone was calling me. Not physically but… I don’t know, this is crazy.”

“That’s weird…” Amber sounded not so sure. “…but Ben, this isn’t the first time you’re zoning out. For the last one month that we’ve been really close, it seems that there is something on your mind. I was hoping you could share it.”

“Nothing is on my mind.” He tried his best to smile. He didn’t wanna tell her about his one-night stand with a stranger. “The last one month I just had a lot of assignments and the upcoming exams really had me worried.” He lied. “I am just glad we’re done with that.”

“Tell me about it.” Amber laughed. “At least, we’re free for a few weeks before we start another academic year. Any plans?”

“Err… I think I’ll just be helping my dad with work.” He said happily. “I always enjoy learning his line of work so that when I graduate, it will not be too hard for me.”

Amber smiled and just stared at the boy. Now that he had mentioned his parents, something crossed Amber’s mind. It was something that she had always wanted to ask him but never had the courage to. She didn’t know how he would react.

“Ben, can I ask you a question? Don’t be mad at me though or misunderstand me.”

“Sure. Why would I be mad at you?”

Amber was a bit nervous. “Are you and Jim blood brothers? As in, do you share the same complete parents?”

Ben lost the smile on his face for a second. He wondered what would have made Amber ask that question. He wiped his mouth first and took a long breath.

“Why are you asking that?”

“Well, forgive me but there are just lots of differences between you two.” She shrugged. “For starters, Jim has a car and you don’t. You mostly use taxis or buses and I am assuming it isn’t because you don’t know how to drive.”

Ben tried his best to smile. “Err… Jim got the car after our parents were impressed with his final exams in high school. It was the best gift they could give any son who impresses them.”

“And they were not impressed with the Valedictorian?” She said with a raised eyebrow. “And even at that, your family owns a billion-dollar empire and there’s just no way you can tell me that they couldn’t afford to buy you a car.”

Ben dropped his eyes to the floor.

“And the second thing is, I have seen your family photos and you haven’t appeared in any of them.” She continued. “How do you explain that? There’s so much difference in the way you and Jim carry yourselves, the way you dress and how you take things. It’s like there’s some fear in your eyes.”

“It’s obvious huh?” Ben chuckled nervously.

He didn’t wanna lie to Amber but he also didn’t know how he was gonna tell her.

“The thing is, I… I am not considered a true Henandez.” He said softly. “My mother and father’s relationship is considered one that was not accepted by society. They met when he was already married and I was born out of that relationship. I was so young when she died and I can barely remember her. Dad brought me along with him one night and I have been living with them ever since.”

Amber was quiet for a few seconds. “Wow! Who would have thought? You and Jim are so close. You’re literally inseparable.”

“I know.” He couldn’t lose that smile. “At first, I thought I wasn’t gonna be accepted by him but ever since I was brought to the house, he’s never made me feel like a stranger. He supports me in everything and protects me from troubles as I do.”

“That’s so sweet. I have always known him to be a very good boy. I am sure your father is an amazing person too. But what about your step-mother? How is she?”

Ben was again staring at Amber with a blank face. No matter what he did, what she had done to him on his mother’s memorial came back to him. She had made him so miserable that what she had was gonna be so hard for him to forget.

“I figured.” Amber sighed. “But I’ve never really been sure of it. Let me guess, the fact that she allowed you get into her home is enough so there’s no need for you to get the special amenities like her son, right?” She shrugged though she felt bad. “I am sorry if this brings any sad memories.”

“Well, she did allow me to be in her home all these years.” He gave a shy smile. “My relationship with my step-mother is a very complicated one. But I understand her sometimes because my mother did ruin her happy family. I am just a reminder of my father’s betrayal.”

Amber took Ben’s hand and squeezed. “You’re a very tough boy and just know that I am here for you no matter what it is. And just so you know, you can use my car anytime you want.”

“I am okay.” He smiled. “Besides, I enjoy riding on a bus. You should try it.”

“Hmmm… I have never thought of that.” She laughed. “But I promise to try.”

The two friends had their lunch and went shopping afterwards. What Ben didn’t realize that what he had heard was David calling him, the connection he had felt was the yearning in David’s heart. But what was it that was keeping them and were they even destined to meet? It is a question that we’re soon gonna find answers to.

***

David was so lost in thought that he was disconnected from his own world. The same image kept playing in his mind and the same question that he had no answer to. How the hell had he lost the boy that was just in front of him. Why was his fate so cruel to him? He didn’t know what to do?

“Baby?”

David was gotten out of his thoughts when he heard Jim calling and caressing his cheek. He snapped out of his thoughts and tried his best to smile. He was in his room, lying in bed with Jim pressed tightly on his chest that was half-way buttoned up. Jim was playing with his chest, massaging it.

“Are you okay? You seem to be thinking about something.”

“Just tired. What were you saying?”

“Come on, don’t think too much. You’re with me. Let’s enjoy this moment.”

“You’re right.” David sighed as he tightened his arms around Jim. “I am sorry. What were you saying? I’ll pay attention.”

“I am happy that we’re like this. We’ve gotten so close in two weeks.” He laughed as he caressed that chest like his life depended on it. “I have been with your family and now you also want to visit my family. I feel like the luckiest person on earth.”

“I am the lucky one.” David responded. “It’s not every day you get someone so hot to propose to you and also wait for you.”

“I told you that you were missing a lot.” Jim turned and lay on his stomach, carefully placing himself between David’s legs. He was so horny that he was leaking in his panties. His eyes were looking straight into the hunk’s. “But it’s not too late, you can always catch up. I think you’re a fast learner, right?”

David burst into laughter. “Depends on what I am supposed to learn.”

“A lot, David. For instance…” He paused and traced his fingers up to David’s lips and pinched on them seductively. Then he crawled up David’s body until their faces were touching, their lips brushing on each other. “…you can start by kissing me and the rest will follow.”

Before David had a chance to answer, Jim was on his lips, kissing him like there was no tomorrow. The kiss was both raw and hungry. Jim couldn’t control himself, he moaned helplessly as he forced his tongue into the hunk’s mouth and when he was let in, he began sucking on his tongue like a lollipop.

With the other hand, Jim began tracing the man’s chest downwards until he reached the buckle of his belt. He slowly unbuckled it and David didn’t even realize anything. Then his hand slid into his briefs, passing through those soft pubes all the way to his dick. It was only semi-hard. He arrived at the base of his cock which he held with extreme care.

Fuck! The man was truly blessed and he couldn’t wait to have his mouth wrapped on that manhood and later feel it in his sweet channel. He slowly began stroking it through the pants and that was when David realized what was going on.

Almost like a flash, his hand moved and he grabbed Jim’s hand, pulling it away from his trousers and in the processing breaking their kiss. Then he proceeded and pushed Jim from him and rose from the bed. He began fixing himself, buckling his belt and stopping the whole thing.

“What’s wrong?” Jim couldn’t mask the disappointment in his voice.

“Nothing!” David sounded a little harsh. He felt like shouting from the emotions he felt. “Just let’s not do this, please.”

“What?” Jim’s voice was weak. He was horny that it was hurting. His hole twitched so bad that he felt like he was gonna die if he didn’t feel David in him. “But why? Aren’t you, my boyfriend? I thought you wanted this?”

“I am sorry, I just can’t do this.” He said as he brushed his hair with his fingers. “I am not in the mood for this. Besides, we’ve only been together for two weeks. I think we need to get to know each other a little bit more. We can’t rush into…”

“No, David…” Jim shook his head. “…whether we’ve been dating for two weeks or two days, it doesn’t matter. I am your boyfriend and it’s normal to consummate this relationship. Two weeks is a very long time and we should have done this a long time ago. See…” He got up from the bed and moved closer to David but David took a step back to his disappointment. “…I don’t think we need to delay any further. I have known you for over three months now, and I have wanted to be in your arms, to feel your lips on mine and to feel like a man with you inside me. I need you.”

He tried to grab his arm but David retaliated. The pain that Jim felt was out of this world.

“Are you seriously gonna deny me this?”

“I just don’t want to rush into things.” David knew that was an excuse. He wasn’t ready to take his relationship to the point where he was gonna regret it. “That’s not my style. I wanna know a little more. Besides, I told you to give me some time. You agreed to it.”

Jim felt his body shiver in both anger and pain.

“You cannot be serious. I am your boyfriend for fuck’s sake.” He yelled, stamping his foot on the floor. “It is your duty to satisfy me when I want you and not to reject me like some whore when you know you’re the reason why I am horny.”

“Hey!” David raised his hands like he was surrendering. “Calm down, please.”

“Calm down?” He snapped. “You want me to calm down. No, David. You’re the reason for this. You know how bad I want you? But you just keep denying me as if I am some kind of hoe.”

He groaned and started leaving angrily but David’s hand moved quickly and grabbed him, pulling him back. He wrapped his arms firmly around him and kissed his neck.

“I am sorry, Jim. Don’t be mad at me, okay? I respect you a lot and I wanna enjoy our first time together. It shouldn’t just be random.”

Jim couldn’t control his breathing. He was too mad.

“I can’t deny you anything because my body belong to you. I want you so bad too.” He lied. “But I wanna make it special.”

“But…”

“Please!” David kissed his neck. “Come on, my baby. I am sorry, bear with me and I’ll make the wait worth it.”

Jim rolled his eyes.

“Please!”

He took a deep breath and gave a gloomy sigh. Then he turned and wrapped his arms around David’s neck. He was so angry but he didn’t wanna show it any more. He was horny and he had blue balls. It hurt so bad.

“But baby, I feel like I’ve been waiting for a long time for this.” He complained. “I want you so bad, can’t you feel it. I have been starving just so that I can enjoy my first time with you. But…”

“I know, Jim, but… like I said, I wanna enjoy when that moment comes.”

“But when?”

“After I meet your family. I promise, we’re gonna do it as many times as you want.” Even as he said that, he felt his heart racing. “I’ll be yours afterwards and you can use me as you want.”

Jim’s heart begun singing as he got intoxicated with joy. “Serious, baby?”

“Sure!” He nodded. “I promised, didn’t I?”

“I can’t wait.” Jim hollered as he placed several kisses on the man’s cheeks.

He was just too excited because the visit was gonna be in just two days. He had to hold himself for only those days then after that, he was gonna give the man the greatest ride of his life. He won’t gonna want to stay away from him afterwards. The thought of it made Jim so horny that he needed a release but he wasn’t gonna do it.

“Are you happy now?”

Jim nodded like a child.

“Can we go back to bed?”

The two went back to the bed in the same position that they had been in.

“I was thinking, how about we make our relationship official?” Jim suggested. “I don’t see why the media shouldn’t know about us, after all, we’re the kids of one of the richest business families in the countries. We’re gonna be a power couple.”

“Whatever makes you happy.” David responded.

“Thanks. I love you.”

“Me too.”

Jim got so excited that he couldn’t wait to appear in magazines, newspapers and everywhere else with David as his boyfriend then fiancé and then husband. The thought of it made his heart jump with excitement. He couldn’t wait.

***

“I want this place spotless, sparkly clean.” Elena instructed but it sounded more like a warning. “We should use our best curtains and clothes, make sure it smells nice.”

“Yes, ma’am.” The head of the maids said with a bow.

“And have the caterers arrived yet?”

“Yes, ma’am.” She answered with a smile. “Everything is being taken care of.”

“Good! I’ll have to taste that food myself. I don’t want anything to go wrong today. These are very important people for my son and our soon to be in-laws.”

Elena was in one of her best moods. She didn’t want anything to go wrong. She had prepared too much for this day, when her son would be so happy. She was dressed perfectly in a black blouse that showed off her gorgeous boobs, an brown animal print knee length skirt that for her like a second skin and matching shoes. Her hair had rollers in preparation for the visitors.

As she was giving instructions, her eyes caught Ben coming down the stairs with a smile on his face. She dismissed the maid, started waiting for him with her arms crossed on her chest and a frown on her face. Oh! She hated him so much.

“Ha ha ha…” Ben laughed as he slowly walked down the stairs. “You’re crazy, you know that? It’s not like this is gonna be the first time they’re gonna be seeing you. You’ve been there several times and they’ve seen you so many times. I just don’t see the point.”

“Well, it’s not my idea. Mommy wants me to look my best so I came to get some clothes, do my hair and makeup.” Jim laughed on the other end. “You know what mommy wants, mommy gets. I cannot disobey her. By the way, do you have something to wear?”

“Yeah! My clothes. I do not need to impress anybody. He’s coming for you and not me.”

“Ben!” Elena said harshly.

“Err…. You take care.” Ben said as he lost the smile on his face, cutting the call.

“Yes, aunt!”

“Why are you so excited? I can see the back of your teeth. Would you like to share?”

“Errr… I don’t understand.”

“Of course, you don’t.” She said with an evil grin. “But may I remind you of your position in this house? You’re not part of this family so there’s no need to be acting like anyone is even gonna notice your presence at this event. If I were you, I would be locked up in my room and pretend I don’t exist. It’s just some friendly advice so you don’t embarrass yourself.”

“I am only going to be present because both Amber and Jim asked me to.” He said in a low voice. “Otherwise, you don’t need to remind me that I am nothing but an illegitimate son. I know that already and if not for Jim, I wouldn’t have had any reason to attend.”

“Good!” She chuckled manically, enjoying the look on his face. “I am glad you know your place so that I don’t have to remind you all the time. The people that are coming, the Paolas, they’re very rich people, influential, very powerful and most of all, they’re all pure bloods. So…” She paused and rubbed on her chin. “…I don’t know how I am going to introduce you. Should I say, this is Ben, my husband’s illegitimate son or should I say we’re just keeping you? Obviously, I don’t wanna embarrass my husband too.”

Ben’s soul was drowning in the river of his grief. He suppressed his tears and began walking away from her.

“By the way, I have something that I want you to do.”

Ben stopped in his tracks and turned.

“What is it?” His voice was barely above a whisper.

“I want you to meet a very important client in the next town. He is looking for some interior design ideas for his new office and he wants the best.” She said as she glowered at him. “I am sure you can pitch him some of your ideas and he can choose from that.”

“What?” He gasped, his eyes widening. “But why me? Besides, I have never met a client alone without dad by my side. I don’t know how it is done. And the next town is gonna take me hours to reach and…”

“I don’t care how long it’s gonna take you to reach.” She snapped. “You can reach next year for all I care. All I know is that you’re gonna meet this client and you’re gonna strike a deal with him. Do I make myself clear?”

Ben just remained there, staring at her. He knew this was another plan of her to embarrass him and make him look bad.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Isn’t this what you’ve always wanted?” She said with an evil grin on his face. “You always want the spotlight on yourself so I am giving it to you on a silver platter. I don’t need to remind you that this is a very important client so don’t mess this up.”

She extended her hand and handed him an envelope.

“That contains all the details of the man you’re meeting. Contact him when you reach there. Your meeting is scheduled to take place today at 8:30 Pm.” She commanded. “I will allow you use one of the cars just for today. You can come back tomorrow and with good news I am hoping.”

Ben nodded slowly. “I will try my best. But what about Jim’s…”

“You shouldn’t be concerned about that.” She hissed, rudely pointing at him. “Jim will be so happy that he won’t even have time to notice that a certain pet is missing. Just make sure you do what I have asked you to do for if you fail, you’ll have more to worry about than Jim figuring out if you’re present or not. If I were you, I’d be moving my carcass right now because time is running.”

A drop of tear fell down his cheek but he quickly wiped it. With one look at her, he left. Elena was on seventh heaven. She couldn’t wipe the smile on her face no matter what she did. She was not gonna allow someone like Ben attend such an important event and ruin her family name. As far as she was concerned, they were a family of three and it was gonna stay like that.

“Good riddance for bad rubbish.” She laughed as she started going away.

But she just met her husband who was staring at her with so much anger. She didn’t even realize he was in the house. He looked sexy as usual.

“What kind of evil do you have inside your heart? Will you ever change, Elena?”

Elena laughed, blowing kisses at him. “My darling sweetheart, I have no idea what you’re talking about. But I am in a very good mood today. Why don’t you come with me so that we can prepare for the guests?”

“That didn’t answer my question, Elena!” He snapped. “I just don’t understand how you can be so evil? How can you talk to my son like that?”

“My son this, my son that!” She barked. “Don’t you ever get tired? I give that stupid boy a chance to pitch his ideas to an important client and I am the bad guy. Isn’t that what you wanted? Didn’t we have this same argument last time? What do you want me to do? I could have gone to meet that client but I decided to give him that chance and you’re not happy.”

“Oh, cut the crap! You and I both know the only reason you sent him there was so that he doesn’t attend the dinner you’ve set up. You don’t want him there so that you can have your perfect.” He chuckled bitterly, getting closer. “I know you very well, Elena. I have been married to you for over 22 years.”

Elena clapped, chirping at him. “It’s a good thing you’ve got memory of how long we’ve been together. And if your memory serves you right, 18 years ago, you cheated on me. You’re the reason why I am like this. So, forgive me if I want to spare my husband the shame of introducing his bastard child to my son’s future in-laws. I am a good mother and a good wife, because which wife out there would want to live with her husband when he cheated on her and brought home a son of a whore? You should be thanking me for that.

So, forgive me if I don’t wanna ruin my son’s important day.” She got closer and raised her finger. “I don’t wanna have this conversation with you today. You’re gonna attend your son’s dinner, you’re gonna introduce him as your only son and you’re gonna smile. Do I make myself clear?”

“You’re impossible!”

“But that’s why you love me.” She chuckled happily, and then planted a kiss on his lips. “There’s a reason why they say that behind every successful man, there’s a strong woman. Whether you accept it or not, you love me and you need me.” She kissed him again. “Now come on, I need to show you something that you’re gonna love.”

She took his hand and led him upstairs to their bedroom.

***

The dinner table with filled with lots of food, a variety of them. Elena had outdone herself this time. Everyone that was seated at that table looked so classy and super rich. Their outfits looked they were bought from outa space.

“Hmmmm….” Claudia moaned as she slowly and carefully chewed the food. “Elena, this food is amazing. You really should show me where you got your cooks.”

“Supervised it myself.” Elena slowly bowed her head, smiling at Claudia. “Only the best for my future in laws.”

“This is amazing.” Claudia said, nodding.

The two women were all smiles and laughs at the table. It was like they had known each other for a very long time, like two good friends. Everyone else spoke too but the two women had the ball. Claudia wore a beautiful red dress with her hair straightened and Elena wore a black dress that made her look like the queen of the gala with her diamond necklace making her shine like a diamond.

“But it’s nothing compared to this precious gift that walked into our lives.” Claudia commented as she eyed Jim who blushed and dropped his eyes to the table. “Just look at him, he’s a very rare gem. Surely, an apple does not fall far from a tree.”

Elena couldn’t have been prouder. “I know. Nothing makes me happier than to see my son smiling. I have never seen him so happy and it’s because of this gorgeous young man here.”

Jim couldn’t help but blush. He was so happy, so contented and so excited. When he looked at the man that sat beside him, he couldn’t control his breaths. They came out harshly and his heart began racing.

Jim was the star of the night. He wore a pure white designer suit with a red shirt inside and white shoes. His hair was made into a braided ponytail, making him look a Disney prince. His soulmate on the other hand was killing it with a black designer suit with his hair gelled to perfection. It was more than a dinner, it was something more.

“Just look at them.” Claudia moaned. “Aren’t they the cutest couple ever?”

“I know.” Elena chuckled.

Throughout their conversation, Jerome was quiet. He didn’t know what to say because it seemed his wife knew what she was doing. He cleared his throat and directed his eyes at David.

“So, David, can you tell me about yourself?”

David looked at the man that he so respected and got nervous. “Sure, sir… I just want to thank you for your invitation. It is an owner to finally meet a business tycoon like you. Being in your presence is an honor.”

Jerome smiled.

“And…”

“David just graduated abroad and he’s now taking over his family businesses.” Jim responded with a smile. “I must say that he’s doing a pretty good job so far.”

Everyone was surprised that Jim answered that instead of David. Even Elena was surprised but she didn’t show it.

“That’s wonderful. I knew your father and I worked with him on several occasions.” Jerome commented. “He was an amazing and a tough businessman. I can actually see a lot of him in you.”

“Thank you so much, sir.” David slightly bowed his head. “It is an honor to hear that. I hope in the future, I am gonna have a chance to work and learn from you.”

“Actually, that would…”

“That’s gonna happen very soon.” Elena chuckled nervously. “Claudia and I were thinking of getting the both of you engaged in a few months to come.”

“What?” Jerome shouted, his eyes widening. “Engagement? And when did you decide this? I am meeting the young man for the first time. Besides, my son is still very young and yet to start his second year at the University.”

David on the other hand was staring at his mother, wide eyed with those words playing in his head. A chill ran down his spine as he tried to process what he had heard. There were lost of questions that were going on in his head. When did his mother and Jim’s mother even talk to discuss their engagement? How could she have made such a decision without consulting him? He had known the boy for two weeks and he wasn’t even sure of anything. He was doing it because of his mother.

“That doesn’t matter.” Elena shrugged, looking at her husband. “In a few months, they will be engaged and then when Jim graduates they can get married. There’s enough time for us to prepare. It’s not every day you get a good match.”

“Elena, I thought we were supposed to discuss this.”

“I am sorry, Mr. Henandez.” Claudia apologized, putting her hands together. “I know this might come in as a shock but I like Jim a lot and I see him as my son. I actually wanted this to be a surprise for all of you and that’s why when I started talking to Elena, I told her not to tell you.”

“I understand, Mrs. Paola but it’s just that my son is still too young to be engaged.” He argued. “I have a lot of plans for my sons and until those plans are fulfilled, I don’t think I can allow them to get into anything.”

“Sons?” Claudia asked as if she was not sure. She looked at Elena with a confused look. “I don’t understand. You have another son? I thought Jim was your only son.”

“Well, Mrs….”

“Jim is my only son.” Elena chimed in, chuckling nervously. “The news just got to him and he got a little confused. There’s no other son, it’s just Jim.”

Amber was damn right surprised. She stared at Elena, wondering how she could have done such a thing. And now what Ben had told her came back. She was even worse than Amber had thought. She looked at Jim but the boy was just smiling without uttering a word. Speaking of Ben, she thought he was supposed to be present. Where was he, she thought?

“I see.” Elena said with a sigh. “But Mr. Paola, whatever plans that you have for Jim, I can assure you that they’re not gonna be disturbed. Jim will still be your son, but he’s gonna be married into my family. Like I said, a beautiful doesn’t get hidden for so long. I can’t take any chances.”

Jerome was upset but he didn’t wanna show it in front of the guests. He just smiled sheepishly, giving his wife cold eyes.

“I think I understand what Uncle is trying to say.” Amber cleared her voice. She had been quiet for a long time. “Don’t you think this decision should be between Jim and David? I mean, they’re the ones that will spend their lives together.”

“I don’t have a doubt that Jim has any objections.” Claudia said sweetly. “Do you, Jim?”

Jim blushed and felt like he was sitting on cloud 9. His heart was racing with joy and he couldn’t have wanted for things to go any other way.

“Well… I… I love David and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with him.” He said as he raised his eyes to stare at the surprised man. “I don’t care even if it’s tomorrow, as long as I am with him.”

Elena’s heart pounded with happiness and her soul started dancing.

“There you have, he’s got no objection. So, it’s settled.” Elena said as she clapped happily. “Let’s make a toast, to David and Jim. And to the unification of our families very soon. To us!”

They all toast, but there were some faces that were not happy. Jim grabbed David’s hand and connected his eyes with him. David smiled back at him and the boy wished they had been alone. He was having those thoughts again, of making love to David.

“Alright, let’s eat!”

They all began eating. Amber was staring at her brother and she could tell that he had something that he wanted to say but was obviously scared to. She loved Jim so much and she wanted him as her brother-in-law but she needed to hear what her brother wanted. Things were moving too fast.

Amber took a sigh and was about to start eating when a suddenly, a smile appeared on her lips and an unexpected happiness consumed her. She quickly rose from the chair and began rushing towards the living room.

“Look who decided to join us. I was wondering where you were.”

She rushed to him and wrapped her arms tightly around him.

“Hey, were where you?” She asked angrily, giving him angry eyes. “I thought you had said you were gonna join us.”

Ben smiled brightly, holding her hand tightly. “I am so sorry about that. Something came up and I had to make sure that I attended to it. Forgive me.”

“How can I be mad at you when at you when you’re so cute?” She moaned, caressing his cheek. “Come, let me introduce you to my family.”

“Oh no!” Ben shook his head. “I wasn’t planning on joining you. How about…”

“Nonsense!” She brushed him off and took his hand sweetly. “You’re gonna meet my family today. You’re just as important as Jim is to me. Besides, we’re gonna be a family.”

Ben smiled and started laughing and talking to the beautiful lady that totally looked like a princess. They didn’t even pay attention to the table they were going as they just talked sweetly.

When Elena saw Amber with Ben coming towards the dining, anger thrummed through her veins. She was nearly suffocating on her fury and here she had been thinking she’d gotten rid of the bad omen for the night. A look of great bitterness swept across her face and her hands clenched at her sides.

Meanwhile, David who was still shocked from the news of his engagement was just eating without paying attention to anything with Jim’s hand on his thigh, massaging him under the table.

“Hey mom, David…” Amber called excitedly. “…I would like for you to meet someone very special, an amazing friend. I would say he has easily become my best friend. This is Ben Henandez, Jim’s super cute brother.” He wrapped his arms around his waist.

David raised his face slowly and when his eyes landed on the boy, he instantly felt chills across his skin. There was a delicious moment where David’s face washed blank with confusion, like his brain cogs couldn’t turn fast enough to process what he was seeing from his wide eyes. Every muscle of his body froze and he felt cold, really cold. He felt his chest growing so tight that it became hard for him to breathe.

Ben on the other hand was smiling brightly as he shifted his eyes from Amber to the beautiful woman that sat near Elena, staring at him in shock. He slowly bowed his head but when his eyes landed on the handsome young man sitting next to his brother, color was drained from his face instantly.

A deep sense of uneasiness held him rigid as panic surged through him. His gaze went through David like a blast of ice. He could hear the slow, dragging beat of his heart. He was paralyzed to the spot, the menacing aura holding him in a tightening grip.

“How?”

To be continued…

Copyright © 2022 vanalas; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thanks a lot to everyone that took the time to read my work. I love you guys a lot. Don't forget to drop your comments about what you think about my work. Ciao!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

😳 now, ending with that scene wasn’t nice! 😂 Elena really needs to be taken out. Jerome needs to stand up for Ben more. I can’t wait for her downfall! Great chapter and thank you!

  • Love 4
Link to comment

The WORST person in all of this is Jerome, the spineless, balls-less, scrap of excrement, that would allow someTHING like Elena to still be breathing, after all he’s witnessed of the things she’s done to his son…Ben is an innocent caught in the midst of this tsunami of pain and terror😭 David also needs to grow a pair and offer his control freak of a mother, one of two choices…attitude adjustment (AA) or lip and dental replacement(L&D)🤕 Nice chapter, though some things seem a bit implausible, they’ll mesh in the long run!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..