Jump to content
    vanalas
  • Author
  • 13,611 Words
  • 483 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Comments, critiques and tips are warmly welcome.

A Love to Last - 8. Chapter 8: What lies ahead for David and Ben? Will they live happily?

Thanks guys for your previous comments and your love for this story. I am so humbled by your love and support. Don't forget to comment, share and recommend. I love you all

6 months later

*

Jim furiously walked into the house and threw his bag on the floor, groaning angrily. He had just come from school and the anger burning inside of him was from out of this world. He began pacing about the room, his fists clenched at his sides. Everyone that saw him could smell the anger from so far away.

“Baby!” Elena came rushing in the living room with a smile on her face. She hugged him but he didn’t respond. “Hey, are you okay? Tell me who made you so mad and I promise to deal with them.”

“Who else apart from that good for nothing bitch?” He snapped, veins popping up his neck. “I am sick and tired of everyone asking about him in school. Where’s your brother, Ben? When’s he coming back? You guys were like twins?” He rolled his eyes, hissing. “I fucking hate him so much and I hope he’s dead wherever he went.”

“Calm down, baby, you’re just gonna make yourself sick.” Elena spoke softly, rubbing his shoulders.

“How can I, mom?” He yelled, shaking his head angrily. “He stole my fiancé and they’ve been together for more than 6 months now. Do you know how painful that is? Who knows what they’ve been doing while I am lonely here. I swear I am gonna kill him.”

“But Claudia and I promised you that we were gonna find David, right?” She asked softly.

“That’s what you say every other month.” He said with tears in his eyes. “How long do I have to wait? Is it when I am old? I can’t take this anymore, mom. I don’t deserve to be the one suffering here. He is the one that is supposed to be suffering.”

“And he will.”

“I am gonna kill him with my bare hands when I set my eyes on him. He stole my man and Jim doesn’t just back down.”

In the last six months, Jim’s hatred anger towards Ben had grown so much that he wanted nothing but to kill him. With Elena slipping in more venom into his mind, she had the perfect son that now supported her in everything and did what she wanted.

Elena’s family was now complete. She had a perfect son, a perfect husband, a perfect family and without a pest to make her angry. Now her focus was to continue building her family. They had done so much in the last six months. Now all she needed to do was find out where David was and bring him back for her son. If only she knew where Ben was but all the private investigators that she’d hired couldn’t find him.

“Sweetie!” She rubbed his shoulders, making him sit with her on the couch. Then she held his hands and smiled brightly at him. “Listen, you don’t have to worry about this okay? I had promised you that I will find ways to bring your love back.”

Jim sighed. “I know, but every day that passes, I can’t help but get upset when I know that they’re together.” He said angrily. “I hate feeling this way, mom. I need David because no man has been able to satisfy me since I fell for him. I need him at all costs and I don’t care who has to get hurt.”

“You will. Now…” She cupped his cheeks. “…why don’t you go to the room. Mommy has a surprise for you.”

Jim tried his best to smile but he wasn’t fooling anyone. “Okay, mommy.”

He kissed his mother and left for his room. Elena was still in the living room when she saw her handsome husband walking in, looking very tired. He looked hot in his black designer suit with a white shirt that was halfway buttoned up, revealing that sexy chest she loved lying on.

“There he is.” She rose from the couch, opening her arms. “The love of my life and the most handsome man I have ever set my eyes on. How was your day?”

“It was okay.” Jerome said tiredly as he hugged and kissed his wife. “A lot of deals here and there. But nothing I couldn’t handle.”

“Of course, you’re a tiger.” She made cat sounds, making him laugh.

“Speaking of tigers, has my son come home already?” He asked.

“Yes, he just went upstairs.” She crossed her arms on her chest. “He is not happy as usual. He was complaining of what your other son did.”

“Please,” Jerome shook his head. “Don’t ruin my mood by mentioning his name here. The day he decided to leave this house was the day he ceased to be my son. If he were my son, he’d have stayed to show that he truly cares for this family. Because of what he did, I’ll never forgive him.”

“I know, baby.” She nodded. “But you cannot avoid that name because Jim keeps mentioning him. Until David returns, he won’t stop mentioning it.”

“I don’t care about either of them.” He said harshly. “I am really tired and I don’t wanna talk about this.”

“Sure!” She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck, bringing his head closer to hers. “Now why don’t we go upstairs so that I can give a massage and make you relax.”

Jerome grinned. “Sure! I would love that.”

Elena chuckled as she pressed a hot kiss on his lips. Then she coiled her arm with his and they both went to their bedroom. Elena was living a fairytale life with her husband, one she should have been living from the very beginning.

***

“Thank you so much!” Amber gave a sad sigh.

She cut the call and sat on the couch, staring at her tablet like she expected something to come out of it. She had left numerous texts on his Instagram, Facebook and twitter accounts but nothing was getting replied to. His phone hadn’t been going through and she felt like she was going out of her mind. Everyone she’d hired to look for him couldn’t find him.

As she was lost in thought, she heard her phone ring and she quickly answered it.

“Hey!”

‘Any news?’ Isaac asked on the other end.

“Nothing!” She sighed, wiping the sweat off her brow. “The investigator called and he informed me that there was no sign of him.” She rose from the chair and sniveled. “I don’t know what to do, Isaac. It’s been six months now since we’ve been searching for him and we haven’t found him. I am really scared.”

‘Don’t be. I know David and once he is ready, he’ll call us.’ He assured. ‘I am pretty sure that he is fine wherever he is. You know what they say, you cannot find someone who doesn’t wanna be found. He’s doing this to protect Ben from the world.’

“I know but he should have at least called one of us.” She sobbed. “I would have helped.”

‘I know. But I am sure he is doing this because he feels responsible for the boy. Wherever he is, we can only assume that he is happy.’

Amber was quiet. Her eyes welled up and she tried her best to keep them inside because she didn’t wanna breakdown.

“I won’t give up.” She said in a voice was low but Isaac heard it. “I will do my best to find both of them and bring them back home. They’re supposed to be happy.”

Isaac sighed. ‘I wish I could help you right now but…’

“I know. You had to go back for some work. I understand that your work is very important.”

‘Yeah. And you might be unable to contact me for some days.’ He said softly. ‘But once I find a place with good network, I’ll call you.’

She smiled. “Thank you so much for your help. Take very good care of yourself.”

‘You too.’

She cut the call and just remained there, staring into the unknown. She didn’t even the sound of heels coming towards her until she heard her name being called.

“Amber!” Claudia called angrily. “Where the hell did you take all this money?”

Amber raised her face and stared into her mother’s annoyed face.

“I needed it for something.” She lied. “There was a project at school and…”

“Do you think I am stupid?” Arms were locked around her waist as she spoke. “I know exactly what you’re doing and I think I warned you about it. Stop wasting money on someone not worth it.”

“Can you hear yourself right now?” Amber snapped, feeling like she’d been possessed. “He’s your son and you haven’t seen him in six months. What kind of mother are you? Your son is missing and you pretend like everything is alright.”

Claudia chuckled bitterly, pointing angrily at her daughter. “I lost a son the day he went against my wishes and left this house. He made his choice and I respected that. As far as I am concerned, I don’t have a son.”

“Are relationships that easy to break for you?” She couldn’t believe her mother. “And what did he do that made you disown him? Was following his heart really his crime? You used to shower so much love on David. You used to protect him and you were so proud of him. Why was it so difficult for you to accept that he had fallen in love.”

“You cannot question my love for my son. I gave him everything but in the end, he chose a whore over his mother.” She furiously pointed at herself. “He chose a whore over his family and that was the day he lost everything that he had.”

“Mom…”

“You’ll stop having access to any funds without my permission or my signature.” She warned. “Whatever you need, I’ll get it for you. But I’ll not let you use my money to hire private investigators to look for your brother. And if you disobey me, Amber, I will show you that I can be harsh as well.”

Amber laughed. “It’s okay, mom. I’ll find other ways.”

With those words, she stormed out of the room. Claudia took a sit and ran her fingers through her hair. She missed David, maybe even more than Amber did. But she had to bear the pain and live with it. Soon, very soon things were gonna fall in place.

***

Somewhere in a village far from the city…

*

Ben was running like mad, from the guy that was following. Adrenaline coursed through his veins as he pumped his legs, gaining momentum with each push. His legs pounded heavily on across the ground causing wet sand to slash up his legs.

He took a glance behind and realized that the guy behind him was catching up. He added speed and the wind whipped his hair back from his face. Before he knew it, arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him from the ground.

“Hey!”

He tried to turn but found himself heading to the ground with the man on top of him.

“Gotcha!” David smiled as he stared into those beautiful eyes like he did every day for the last six months. “I told you that you can’t run away from me, baby. You and I belong together.”

“I never had a doubt!” Ben smiled back, his arms locking tightly around the man’s neck. “But I still needed you to work for it. It makes you look even hotter.”

David bit as he snuggled his nose with Ben’s. “I can see someone wants to put me in the mood. Or is this your way of escaping from my arms?”

“Why would I do?” Ben chuckled, biting David’s bottom lip. “This way, I know I get to spend time in your arms.”

David placed his hands gently on the sides of Ben’s face. “You’re so sweet, Ben. Does this mean I get to have my kiss?”

Ben nodded as his hand found its way on David’s chest and started sliding down. David on the other hand was dying to taste those lips. He began closing the space in between them. When their lips touched, Ben did something naughty. He playfully squeezed on David’s crotch and when the man moaned, losing himself, he pushed him off and rose.

“Not so fast, Mr. Paola.” He said as he took off his shirt and threw it on the sand. “Why don’t we have a little more fun in the water?”

David’s face scrunched up as he gave a big, toothy smile. He’d never loved anyone so deeply, so passionately. Spending every day with Ben the last few months had been heaven on earth. It hadn’t been easy but they’d survived and their love had grown deeper.

He rose from the ground and took off his shirt and began running after the love of his life into the sea. The water felt so incredible on both their bodies. The water that evening was calm and they managed to swim further from the shore.

David found himself dangerously close to Ben when he found him. He looked so beautiful with his wet hair and his beautiful face. Time had gone by but the boy got gorgeous with each day that passed. Six months had passed since they had run away and things had been tough but they were surviving however they could.

“Can I get my kiss now?” David asked.

Ben smiled seductively and locked his arms around David. David pulled him closer to his chest and he felt his heart slowly accelerate. With a yearning expression, he gazed deep into those beautiful eyes.

“You don’t have to ask me. You know I am yours.” Ben said excitedly. “You’ve made me so happy the past six months and I don’t even know how I can repay you.”

“Shhhhh.” David’s smile was slow and easy, revealing a rarely seen dimple in his cheek. “You deserve it. I don’t know of anyone who deserves so much happiness than you. But I don’t want you to think about your past, our past. I want you to focus on the present. We’re together and that is all that matters. One day, we’ll have a big family, beautiful children just like you.”

Ben’s eyes welled up. “I would love that.”

David’s face bent down into his in slow motion, like a dream, blurred, and then disappeared as he felt his hot mouth close over his. Ben’s world exploded into shards of molten light as he felt the connection, so powerful like a cable of electricity.

The kiss caught fire and all Ben could see behind his closed eyes were gold sparks; all he was aware of was David’s mouth, David’s strong gentle hands that held him tightly in the water. Ben’s hands glided over David’s shoulders, urging him with gentle touches, with a murmur against his lips, urging him not pause.

“I love you so much!” Ben broke long enough just to say those words.

“I love you too.”

Then with greater force, David was back on those tasty lips, sucking on them like there was no tomorrow. He cupped his face between his burning hands, his fingers stroking his wet hair, making him shiver.

And just like a flash, they were back in their little house kissing like it was gonna be their last with Ben in David’s arms. David laid Ben on the bed and proceeded to strip him naked. Ben was so nervous, so scared of the unknown. Maybe it was a feeling he was gonna have to get used to. It wasn’t the first time they made love in the last 6 months; it was countless number of times.

“David!” Ben said shyly, trying to put up a smile.

David didn’t miss that look in the boy’s eyes. He cupped his cheeks and placed kisses all over his face.

“You don’t have to be shy with me, baby.” He said fiercely. “You and I are one. You’re mine and I am yours. I want us to enjoy this together, okay?”

When Ben nodded, David smiled and stripped naked. He then stretched out on top of him and captured his lips in a fierce kiss, a kiss that rocked his soul. David’s tongue pushed past his lips, pumping into his hot mouth with slow, deliberate strokes, teasing him, making him groan in hungry need as cock became iron hard. Ben wrapped his arms around the David’s neck and kissed him back for all he was worth.

“God, you drive me insane.” David moaned as he broke the kiss. He stared into the boy’s eyes, their gaze filled with nothing but lust and their breaths harsh. “I wanna look into these eyes for all eternity.”

Ben smiled and felt his heart race as his hormones went crazy. He could feel himself losing to the words of the man. He wanted to feel him, to moan his name and to just feel like he was on top of the world. Making love with David had become something he considered sacred and beautiful.

“Make love to me, David.”

David didn’t need to be told twice. He leaned down and began sucking on the boy’s chin, moving down. When he reached the nipple, he sunk his teeth there and began sucking, nipping and biting. Ben shivered in pleasure as soft moans escaped his lips.

“Ugh.” He cried in pleasure as his nails dug into the man’s back.

David continued sucking, making sure he paid homage to each nipple until it was hard, and stiff. Ben moaned, his back arched in pleasure. He then made his way down Ben’s beautiful hairless body, stopping to lick and suck and kiss every few inches.

Then he turned the boy and dropped kisses on his back, caressing him with gentle hands. His hands continued to slide down till they reached his ass.

“Wow, you’re hot.” David moaned as Ben felt his hot breaths trailing down his back. A shiver went down Ben’s spine and his hands gripped the sheets. He didn’t know what he felt whether it was fear or excitement. But he didn’t want the man to stop.

He felt teeth nipping his left butt cheek and then his right.

“Ugh… God!” Ben cried out in pleasure. “David… oh…”

David knew what he was doing. With his fingers caressing Ben’s hole, making him writhe on the bed, he continued planting tiny kisses all over his bubbly butt. Ben was hot, so hot that he started sweating. It was a cold night but the hunk made him really cold. He didn’t even realize how badly he was leaking.

“David… please…” his voice was full of lust. “I can’t take it anymore. I need you right now.”

Ben thought he was gonna go insane if he didn’t feel the man inside him.

David reached over and took a bottle of lube from the table beside the bed. He poured a generous amount on that hole. Then he leaned and kissed his back as slicked his hole, slipping a finger inside.

“Oh!” Ben gasped as an incredible flare of arousal streaked through him as the tip of David’s finger pierced the little opening. His finger moved gently inside him, stroking deeper and deeper until the full length of it was buried in his channel. He began finger fucking the boy slow and passionately. But he didn’t have to for long as Ben begged him to replace the finger with his cock.

David didn’t need to be told twice. With the boy now on his back, he opened his legs and got on top of him, positioning his cock on the entrance.

“Are you ready?” The boy nodded. “Try and relax, baby.”

As expected, when David began pushing his cock inside, Ben could feel his flesh stretching around David’s cock, cupping the throbbing head as his body stretched to accommodate the thick erection. He gripped the sheets as he shuddered beneath the man. Finally, the head of David’s cock finally slipped in fully, popping through the tight anal ring. Ben took a harsh breath. It didn’t hurt as much but it still hurt.

He stopped and just kissed Ben’s back and neck, allowing him to relax before he pushed his entire length in. Everything changed when he felt that throbbing cock rubbing over his pleasure button with each movement making him drool from all that pleasure.

David was moving his hips, thrust as gentle as possible.

“Ah…” Ben’s nails in David’s back, gripping him like he wanted them to be one. Filled and consumed, Ben wanted more.

“Fuck!” David swore as ripples of pleasure took him like a wave. He’d never felt so much pleasure before. It was intense. With each thrust he made, it sent him over the edge, making his body drown in ecstatic pleasure.

“Oh, faster!” Ben pleaded.

David picked up his speed, driving his cock in the angle he knew was torturing that prostate. His arms wrapped tightly around Ben’s waist, pulled out completely and thrust in deep, giving Ben what he asked for, listening to his groans of pleasure as he plunged in and out of that sweet, tight channel.

“Oh, right there, David!”

Ben’s legs wrapped around the man’s hips, pushing him deeper.

“Oh God, baby.”

David groaned and nailed Ben’s gland faster and harder, again and again. Ben’s face was lost in pleasure. That was a look David wanted to see on Ben’s face, forever. He leaned and captured his lips in the sweetest of pleasures as he continued thrusting, trying to keep his rhythm slow, but he knew that with the intense feeling, he wasn’t gonna last long.

He thrust faster, using shorter strokes, barely pulling out before slamming back in. The boy shuddered beneath him and whimpered in his mouth but he didn’t let go. He held him tightly in place and continued pumping in deeper and sweeter.

He could hear grunts and whimpers but wasn’t sure whether they were from him or the boy and he didn’t care. Ben on the other hand was on cloud 9. Pleasure rippled through him again and again, with every hot shove of David’s body into his. That was feeling he didn’t wanna let go. It was from out of this world.

“Shit…” David cried out in pleasure as he broke from those gorgeous lips. “…you’re so sweet… so tight… you feel so amazing.”

He dropped on those lips and kissed him passionately again, licking at his lips and sucking on his tongue. Then he deepened the kiss, his tongue plunging in and owning Ben. Ben moaned into the kiss, blinding ecstasy spiraling through him, his cock throbbing and leaking. He could feel the wetness in between their bellies.

Streaking arcs of sensations tore through Ben’s body with each thrust, driving him higher, hotter, until it reached its zenith. He tightened around David, hearing his desperate moan as his thrusts increased. The slap of flesh, the sucking echo of hard strokes and his own desperate, strangled screams brought him to the edge.

Like a supernova, he exploded. White heat filled him as he shot ropes of cum in between them, his muscles clenching around David. Ben’s eyes rolled back as he kept coming.

“Fuck!”

David felt everything in his body tense when Ben tightened around him, could feel his orgasm race from his skull to his spine and up his cock in a rush, felt his cock pulse and throb as he shot deep into Ben. He threw his head back and screamed.

Ben barked and writhed beneath David. His body was consumed by his intense release which ripped through his mind with such agonizing pleasure that by the time David had finished filling him with his hot seed, he was so tired.

David eased out of Ben and fell on the bed beside him, bringing his body closer and wrapping his arms tightly around him. He didn’t wanna let him go. In a split second, he heard the soft snores from the boy and he already knew that he was tired.

“I love you so much!” David whispered, planting kisses in the boy’s head.

He pulled up the blanket to cover them and smiled when Ben moved and snuggled into his chest. The light wasn’t much but it was enough for him to admire the adorable boy in his arms. He wondered how someone was just so beautiful. But he wasn’t completely happy.

‘You don’t deserve this kind of life, Ben.’ He thought. ‘I know you say you’re happy here with me but I don’t want you to get used to this. You’re one of a kind and it pains me every day that I am the reason why you moved away from the comfortable life that you used to live.

But trust me, I promise that soon, we’ll begin staying comfortable, as soon as I find a good job. I’ll get you out of this and work hard to get you back to school and continue providing for you. Soon, my love.’

David bent and kissed him on the forehead, then drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face.

***

Ben was busy setting the food before his husband left for work that day. He was only putting on a black jean with a white t-shirt and sandals on his feet. His hair was tied in a ponytail and he was wearing a beautiful smile on his face.

The life they had been living the last six months had been tough but he wouldn’t have wished for anything other than being with the love of his life. They stayed in a small cottage with one room and very few things. It was made of wood, had one bedroom and a small living room with nothing in it. It was near the beach which gave them a nice view, especially in the morning and the evening. They didn’t have much but they made the most out of it.

As he got up, he felt strong arms holding his hips right before he felt a hot breath on his neck.

“Good morning, pumpkin.”

“Good morning, my sweetheart.” Ben moaned slowly turning to face David. “Didn’t hear you coming.”

“You were not meant to.” David said as he planted a kiss on his lips. “I wanted to sneak up on you and kiss you till the end of time. I didn’t have enough time to kiss you last night since you slept after…” He paused and winked at him. “…our hot stuff last night.”

Ben blushed, tugging a non-existent hair behind his ear. He dropped his eyes to the floor, but David brought it up with his chin. They were staring into each other’s eyes almost like it was their first time. Ben’s heart was racing and his face felt hot.

“Just look at me, okay.” David pulled him dangerously closer. “Just like last night when you weren’t shy with me. You were like I need it faster.” He teased, making the boy laugh. “Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.”

Ben playfully pushed David away. “You’re getting late for work, Mr. Paola. And I don’t want you to blame me later.”

“Why?” He pulled him back. “Are you afraid if I continue teasing you, we might do something again?” He winked.

“As a matter of fact, yes!” He laughed, his arms finding themselves around the man. “But I know that my handsome, awesome man is a hardworking man and he knows he has to go. That and the food is getting cold.” He gestured. “Why don’t you eat before the bus leaves you.”

David took a deep breath. “Only if you feed me.”

Ben laughed before nodding. He made David sit on the floor with his legs crossed and then he carefully fed him the food he had made that morning, rice and Sardines until he was full. It was romantic, sweet and sexy. Both of them enjoyed it, especially since David was teasing him every second.

“There.” Ben said as he finished wiping David’s mouth. “You look as good as new.”

“Really?” He asked, opening his arms.

He wore a bluer striped shirt that was folded at the sleeves and a blue ordinary jean. His hair had grown in the last six months and he hadn’t cut it. He had it in a man bob that made him look sexier. He had lost a little weight but was still looking delicious.

“No matter how you look, you’re the sexiest guy to me.” Ben commented.

David smiled and pulled him in a tight hug before he kissed him for what seemed like hours. Ben gave put the food he had packed for his lunch and watched him as he went. He was wearing a smile as he watched his man go. He remained standing there for what felt like hours.

“Hey!” He heard a voice that snapped him out of his reverie.

He looked in the direction of the voice and found a beautiful elderly woman with blonde hair coming towards him with a smile on her face. She was one of the many wonderful people that he had met in the village.

“I didn’t see you there, Mrs. Grenda.” He smiled brightly. “How are you doing?”

“I am good.” She said with a beautiful smile. “Has your husband left already?”

“Just a few minutes ago.”

“That’s why you’ve been smiling for so long, huh?” She teased, making him blush. “You guys are so sweet together and I am so happy that you guys moved here. You’ve been such a blessing.”

“Thank you so much!” He said softly. “I am humbled.”

“You don’t have to thank me.” She patted on his shoulder. “Here!” She handed a medium sized basket to him. “I brought you some vegetables and fruits from my farm.”

“Oh no!” Ben shook his head. “You didn’t have to. Thank you so much, but I can’t accept this. You’ve done so much already.”

“And you think I am gonna accept that?” She laughed, taking his hand and putting the basket. “Not a chance. You and David reminds me of the sons I would have loved to have, but my husband and I were not that lucky. Just think of this as a mother taking care of her sons. And besides, I have a farm and there are lots of vegetables there.”

Ben felt his eyes water. “Thank you so much!”

He gripped the woman into a tight, warm hug. “This means a lot to me, Mrs. Grenda.” He didn’t know why he felt so emotional. “You remind me so much of my mother and maybe if she had been alive, she’d have just been as sweet as you.”

Mrs. Grenda had never felt so warm as she did at that time. When they broke the hug, she caressed the boy’s cheek and smiled.

“You never did tell me about your mother? What happened to her?”

Ben took a deep breath and tried to stay calm. “She died a long time ago. I was only 6 by then and I don’t remember much about her. But I know that she was the sweetest, kindest and most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I didn’t really know what led to her death but I miss her so much. I wish I could just set my eyes on her even for a second.”

“I am so sorry to hear that. I am sure that where she is, she’s super proud of you.” She assured, squeezing his shoulder sweetly. “And what about your father?”

Ben felt a shiver go down his spine when he remembered the last encounter, he had with him.

“He… he…” He stuttered and sighed. “…he didn’t want anything to do with me. It’s painful to talk about and I don’t even wanna think about it.”

“It’s okay. But you know…” She held his chin and lifted his face. “…it’s his loss. He doesn’t know what he’s missing by not having you in his life.”

Ben smiled. “I guess not everyone thinks the same.”

“Who cares what he thinks?” She shrugged. “You’ve got a hot husband that loves you so much. I might not know the whole story of where you guys started from but that man will do anything just to make you happy. You’re blessed.”

“Thank you!”

“You’re welcome. Anyway, I have to get going.” She announced, hugging him once again. “I still have to take some vegetables to the market. I’ve got some customers waiting for me.”

“Thanks, once again and take care.”

The woman smiled and left. Ben couldn’t describe his happiness. She was such a sweet woman and he didn’t know why she was so good to him. How he wished she had children so that she’d have been complete.

He took a glance in the basket and there were some vegetables and fruits, including a huge tantalizing pineapple. He loved pineapples so much. He took the basket inside the house with a smile on his face. He couldn’t wait for his husband to come home. But he knew he was gonna have to wait for a very long time.

***

Jim was seated comfortably and sexily on the couch with his eyes on the phone and his legs crossed. He had his hair curled and had some mascara around his eyes. He wore the most expensive clothes and shoes and looked nothing short of a billionaire’s son.

“Here you go, sir!” He heard the maid’s voice as she handed him the glass.

Without even looking at her, Jim extended his hand to grab the glass but knocked it off the tray and some of the juice poured on him.

“What the fuck!” He rose like a dormant volcano, his eyes widening. “What the fuck!”

“I am sorry.” The scared woman apologized, quickly taking the kitchen towel that she had. “I didn’t mean to do that.”

She started wiping him off but the next thing she felt was his hand connecting with her cheek. It hurt like hell, like her skin had been peeled off. The poor woman dropped to her knees, holding her cheek. She had tears in her eyes.

“How dare you pour juice on my expensive attire, you wretched thing.” He snapped, raising his finger at her. “You did that on purpose. Do you know how expensive this thing is? I can sell you, your parents and your entire generation and it still wouldn’t be able to pay for this. Stupid bitch!”

“I am sorry, sir!” Her voice trembled in fear. “I… I didn’t mean to. You knocked off the glass while I was…”

“Oh, now it’s my fault?” He laughed bitterly. “Are you accusing me of wetting myself? Do you know what that means for you? I am gonna make sure that you’re fired and not only that but you won’t land any job anywhere else.”

“Please, sir!” She put her hands together and mourned. “Don’t do this to me. This is my only way of supporting the family. I’ll buy you a new one.”

“You think you can afford it? If I were you, I would start packing my bags right now.”

“Please, I…”

“What’s going on here?”

Jim turned when she heard a sweet voice coming towards them. It was Amber and she was staring at the both of them with a blank face. She had just come from school and she looked like a million dollars.

“Thank God you’re here.” Jim smiled brightly. “Just look at my clothes. This stupid stained it and now… it’s ruined. She needs to be fired as soon as possible. I mean, how do you even have such incompetent maids here? If it were my house, I would have corrected her a long time ago. But it’s too late now. Fire her.”

Amber looked at the stain on Jim’s pants and noticed that it wasn’t much, barely visible.

“Are you okay?”

“No, I am not.” Jim sighed, shaking her head. “I just got this the other day and…”

To Jim’s surprise and annoyance, Amber passed him and went to the woman that was crying. She helped her up and told her to stop crying and go back to her duties. The woman thanked her and left with a smile on her face. To say Jim was mad would be an understatement. He felt disrespected and insulted. His muscles grew tense.

“Amber, what was the meaning of that? How dare you disrespect me in front of that maid?”

“May I remind you that this is not your house?” Amber responded rudely with her arms crossed. “You can be bitchy at your house but in here, you’re a guest and I expect you to act like one. How I treat my maids is none of your business.”

“What?” A boiling fury swelled up inside of Jim. “Didn’t you hear what I said? That maid…”

“What? You regard your outfit over someone’s life?” She chuckled, shaking her head. “I heard everything you said to her and I saw you slap her. You were the one that knocked off that glass and you couldn’t even own up for that. Margaret has been working in this house for as long as I remember, longer than you have been coming here. She’s practically family.”

“And what am I?”

“A guest.” She said with a raised eyebrow.

“No, I am not.” He said harshly. “Last time I checked, I am your brother’s soon to be fiancé. I am practically part of this family whether you like it or not. And when did you become so bitter towards me? I thought we were such good friends.”

“I am not bitter towards you, Jim, you’re very wrong. I just discovered the type of person you are.” She shrugged. “You become so nice when you want something and when things do not go your way, you reveal your true colors. I just became smarter and knew never to trust you.” She laughed, getting closer to him. “As for my brother, last time I checked, he ran eloped with the boy that he loves and I am sure that wherever they are, they are very happy.”

Jim let out a growl of annoyance.

“Truth hurts, doesn’t it?” She gave him a full beam smile, making him see red. “Knowing that you want someone and that someone needs someone else. You thought you were gonna weaken him by preying on his emotions and making him feel unwelcome. But it was in that moment when my brother proved his love for him. He left but my brother went after him and he didn’t even look back.”

She got closer and rested her hand on his shoulder. Jim started breathing like a woman in labor, his fists clenched at his sides.

“All this hatred for your brother, where did it come from?” She asked with a frown. “You used to talk about him all the time, give him praises and call him your better half. In the moment when you should have proved what you used to say, you turned against him without a second thought.”

“He’s not my brother.” He seethed. “I am an only child. He was a mistake that shouldn’t have been born. I was nice to him, felt pity for him and made him popular. Then he fucked my boyfriend and I’ll never forgive him for that. I wish nothing but death for him.

“Oh, how wrong you’ve been on so many things.” She chirped, literally mocking him. “Ben didn’t steal anyone from you. In fact, he felt pity for you and decided that you deserved to be loved. But love cannot be forced and the love they share is so pure that no one can separate the two of them. And sorry to burst your bubble but in case you’re not up to date, Ben was the popular one in school. They’ve all been asking where he went, apparently no one gives a damn about you.”

Jim stomped his foot on the floor so hard that it echoed in the house.

“I just wish they would be back.” Amber added with a mocking smile. “So that you’d finally realize that you were just a phase for my brother.”

“Amber!” He barked, his jaw shaking.

“Oh, don’t burst.” She laughed, raising her hands like she was surrendering. “I was just giving you some advice. You’re free to stay if you want. But make sure you act like a guest because I won’t hesitate to have the guards throw you out.”

She smiled and left him standing there fuming. His pulse raced and he breathed heavily, almost as if he would burst. His body temperature rose and he could feel his blood boiling. He didn’t know how long he stood there stunned and trying to process what Amber had said to him. It could have been seconds or even minutes.

“Hey, there’s my beautiful son in-law.” Claudia enthused as she cat walked to him. She looked amazing in a skinny jean and high heeled shoes. “How long have you been waiting? Sorry dear, my meeting finished later than I finished and there was traffic.”

She kissed his cheek and held him tightly. But he wasn’t responding. He just stared at her and she could tell that he was angry.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” She asked, rubbing his arms. “You don’t seem cheerful.”

“I was.” He sighed, trying to keep his anger under control. “But Amber just insulted and humiliated me in front of a maid.” He began narrating the whole incident to her, getting angrier with each second.

“I am so sorry for that.” Claudia apologized with a smile. “Amber is just closer to all the house helps here. Besides, I am sure she misses her brother a lot and she needed to blame someone for his disappearance. I am so sorry that she had to do it on you.”

“I do miss him too.” Jim said with tears in his eyes. “I think more than any of you. We were supposed to be engaged by now and I just feel so empty without him. Every night when I sleep, I dream of him and whenever I wake up, he’s not beside me.”

“I am sorry, sweetie!” She hugged him, rubbing his back. “I know how hard this must be on you.” She broke the hug and cupped his cheeks. “But everything is gonna be alright.”

“When?” He snapped. “It’s been six months and it kills me every day to know that he’s with that bitch. I hate him so much and I will strangle the life out of him with my bare hands.” He said with his fists clenched, body trembling. “He stole my man from me. I trusted him and he stole him. I miss my David so much. I should be with him right now.”

“Shhh…” Claudia whispered as she wrapped her arms around him. “…It’s okay. I know it hurts but you have nothing to worry about. I can promise you that he’ll return and everything is gonna be just fine. I am his mother so I know what I am talking about.”

Jim just held her tightly and enjoyed her embrace. He was sad and it was because of what Ben had done. One thing was for sure, Ben was gonna pay if it was the last thing he was gonna do. He hated him so much that he deserved nothing short of death.

***

David was standing outside the small house, looking through the little space that remained on the not completely closed door. He was staring at the boy inside that seemed so happy, setting the food on the floor with a smile on his face. His hair was loose and he wore a black short with his white t-shirt. David was happy but sad at the same time too. He hated the condition he had put the boy in.

With a deep breath, he wore a wonderful smile on his face and opened the door. When the boy heard the door, he quickly got up and stared at him like he was seeing him for the first time.

“Hey, welcome home!” Ben said with his arms open, expecting the hunk. “Perfect timing.”

David chuckled and then ran into those arms, enjoying the embrace. His worries and troubles went away immediately. When they broke the hug, Ben felt David’s hand on his hip, pulling him closer to him.

“Is that all I am gonna get, a hug?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Ben laughed and threw his arms over his shoulder and pulled him closer to him, feeling the fire ignite.

“No, I was saving the best for last.”

The two men laughed right before their lips connected and they shared a kiss that they had both been yearning for the entire day. The kiss was sweet, slow and passionate. By the time they were letting go of each other, they were breathless.

“I missed these.” David moaned as his fingers sexily rubbed on the boy’s lips. “I wish I could package them so that I can have them all day.”

Ben laughed, playfully hitting the man on the chest.

“Maybe one day, I might give it a thought. You must be pretty hungry.” He said as he played on that chest. “I already prepared your food. Now I don’t know if you will take a bathe first and then eat later or the other way around.”

“Hmmmm.” He moaned, raising an eyebrow. “I don’t want either of those. I have something special in mind.”

“Something special?” Ben was confused.

“Yeah!” He took Ben’s hand and made him sit. They were staring at each other with yearning gazes. “I have something for you but I want you to close your eyes first.”

Ben chuckled, giving his man crazy eyes. “What is it?”

“You’ll see. Just trust me and close your eyes.”

Ben smiled and then closed his eyes shut. He felt David hold his hand sweetly, right before he felt something cold slipping on his hand. His heart gave a thump in his chest and he became curious as to what David had placed there. He was tempted to take a peek but he had promised not to open his eyes.

“Alright, baby.” He said softly. “You can open your eyes.”

Ben didn’t need to be told twice. His jaw dropped loosely before a massive grin overtook his face. Happiness streaked through him like a comet as he stared at the beautiful bracelet that was on his forearm.

It was a beautiful golden bracelet that had what looked like a half heart with the name “David” inscribed on it. He couldn’t but feel like he was on top of the world. That was the most amazing gift he’d received although it brough memories to him.

“Happy anniversary, baby.” David announced happily. “Do you like it?”

“It’s beautiful!” Ben couldn’t take his eyes off it. “I love it so much. But…” He raised his face and looked at his man. “…I don’t understand. Today isn’t our anniversary so what do you mean by anniversary?”

“Well…” He laughed, getting out the other bracelet and placing it in Ben’s hand. “…it isn’t, but it marks exactly 6 months since you and I became official. And I know it shouldn’t mean a lot, but it shows that for half a year now, I have been blessed with an angel.”

Ben got emotional and felt tears building up in his eyes.

“You’ve done so much for me, David. I feel so ashamed that I didn’t even out it in mind.” He said with a forced smile. “I didn’t even get you anything.”

“Why?” David playfully pinched his cheek. “You weren’t supposed to get me anything because I already have my gift and that’s you. Each day that passes, I always have my gift. It doesn’t matter if you get me anything or not as long as you promise to stay with me forever.”

Happiness overtook Ben. “I love you so much, David, and I promise that it will you and me forever. Nothing will separate us.”

“I love you too.” David grinned like an idiot. “Now will you put the bracelet on me or am I gonna wait the whole night.”

Ben quickly put the other bracelet on him and it was the perfect match with the inscription “Ben” on it. When their hands got closer, the two half hearts joined and became one. Ben and David couldn’t help but laugh.

“See!” David said softly. “Our hearts are one and we’ll forever be together. Even when we’re far apart, just know that my heart belongs to you, baby. My heart beats for you and it yearns for you for as long as I live.”

Ben smiled knowing that David was his and only his. He took his hand in his, staring deep into those eyes like he wanted to be one with them. Then he gave his hand a tight squeeze and…

“Ow!” He screamed out in pain.

Ben felt shivers creep through his body when he heard that. He looked at the man and he tried to smile, but he wasn’t fooling anyone.

“Are you okay?”

“Err… yeah!” David said sheepishly, putting up a smile. “You just kinda held my hand too tight.”

“No!” Ben shook his head. “I didn’t.”

He quickly took David’s hand and opened his palm. What he saw there broke his heart. David had several bruises in his palms and they were swollen and red. Seeing them, Ben got really worried. He glanced at David and the man couldn’t stop smiling at him.

“David, what’s this?” He asked, his voice barely above a whisper. “How did you get hurt?”

“It’s nothing.” David said as he withdrew his hands. The last thing he wanted was for Ben to worry about him. “Forget about it. It’s gonna heal.”

“No!” Ben took David’s hands again and opened his palms. “You’re not gonna say that to me. Something happened and I need to hear it right now.”

“It’s nothing. Really.”

“No!” Ben shook his head. “You promised to share all your problems with me. If you don’t tell me what happened, I’ll not stop worrying.”

David let out a shaky breath. “Fine! I lost my job some days back and I couldn’t find anything that was paying enough. I started working at a garage and it’s been rough. I… the work is heavy and I am not used to handling machinery and other tools. I guess, I haven’t been really careful enough and hence the bruises.”

Ben’s eyes welled up as waves of pain washed through his mind. He felt a lump in his throat but ignored it. Last time he checked, David wasn’t working at a garage. He was working in a factory, helping with the packaging of fish. So how did things change?

“Hey!” David cupped his cheeks and smiled. “You don’t have to worry. I am not hurt and all this will go away in a few days. My hand will be good as new.” He teased. “Besides, it isn’t even hurting that much.”

Ben’s face was blank. He was staring at David without even blinking.

“Ben!” He kissed him softly. “I am okay.”

“No!” Ben said in a sad voice. “You are not okay, David. No matter how much you try to convince me, you’re not okay. You’re not used to such a job and I have never worked in a garage but I know it’s tough.” He gave a gloomy sigh. “You have never had to do manual work all your life and now…”

“Hey!” He burst out into laughter. “Come on, there’s always a first time for everything. Besides, your handsome David is capable. Just look at my body.” He lifted his arms and posed like a body builder. “Just look at me. Do I look like I can fail to do anything?”

Ben shook his head. “You’re not cut for this and I know that you’re doing your best. But maybe….” He paused and just stared at him. “…maybe you should go back to your family, David.” There was so much guilt suddenly working its way through him. “You had a very nice life there with them and you didn’t have to worry about anything.

You didn’t have to work so hard; everything was provided for you. But here, life is very hard. I don’t want you to get hurt when I know that there’s a place that you can have a wonderful life.”

To say David was shocked would be an understatement. His mouth opened but words couldn’t find their way out.

“I think it isn’t fair that you’re getting deprived of the kind of life that you deserve.” He added, resting his hand on his thigh. “Instead, you’re here working so hard and getting hurt because of me. You should…”

“Can you please just shut up!” David snapped, feeling like a vessel of anger. “If you don’t have anything to say to me, I suggest you keep quiet, Ben.”

Ben was beyond shocked. “But…”

“Which part of I love you don’t you understand?” He barked. “You are allowed to be worried about me but I am not allowed to be worried about you? You didn’t force me to live this kind of life. I did. I could have stayed at home and enjoyed all those luxuries but it wouldn’t make any sense. I would rather live this kind of life with you than a luxurious one without you. I am a man and I need to take care of my love whatever the cost.”

Ben sighed. “I know, but it’s just that…”

“I am not going anywhere. If we’re destined to live the rest of our lives here, then so be it.” He furiously stood and looked the other way. “Don’t try to push me away because I won’t ever leave your side. Whatever gave you the right to think that you could push me away, Ben? I never thought you’d suggest such a thing. You’re only hurting me.”

David furiously turned and started heading for the door. Ben got so scared that he rose from the floor like he was sitting on fire and rushed to David. He quickly locked his arms around him and rested his head on his back.

“I am sorry.” He said abruptly. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. Please, forgive me. I just thought that you deserved a better life than this. I was just worried about you, my love. I am so sorry. I don’t think I can be at peace knowing that you’re mad at me.”

David’s facial expression grew long.

“Please.” Ben held him tighter. “Say something to me. You can shout, yell or curse, but don’t be silent. I love you, David, and I should have known better than to say what I said to you. Please, my love.”

David sighed and slowly turned to face the boy. He took his chin and raised his face. He could tell the boy was sad and maybe he had overreacted but he was hurt as well. He hadn’t expected Ben to suggest such a thing to him.

“My love, how can I remain mad at you.” He smiled. “But I don’t want you to say this to me ever again. It hurts a lot because I feel like you’re pushing me away. I don’t care where we are as long as we are together. We’re happy, aren’t we?”

Ben nodded without a word.

“Then let’s remain like this until we’re finally back on our track.”

“Alright.” He tried to smile but only managed a small one. “I promise never to bring this up. But promise to find something less stressful, please. I know you don’t want me to work but at least, you don’t have to overwork yourself. I want you in one piece.”

“Hmmmm…” David moaned, gripping the boy’s waist. He pulled him closer and smiled. “Alright, I’ll do my best not to hurt myself. Are you okay with that?”

“Yes!” He nodded. “Am I forgiven now?”

“Not yet!” David said as he got closer to the boy. “Although, seeing that your husband is tired, maybe you can bathe him and give him a massage. Maybe I might reconsider forgiving you.”

Ben burst into laughter. “Deal!”

The two men kissed and then sat on the floor. David lay on Ben’s lap and enjoyed the feel of Ben’s soft hands in his hair, playing with it. It felt so soothing, so peaceful that he knew he was gonna doze off sooner.

“I can get used to this.” He said softly. “You and me this way. Until we start our own family and decide to have a kid.”

“Really?” Ben couldn’t suppress his laugh.

“Yes! I have been thinking about it.” David replied. “But not in an environment like this. Maybe when we become stable and start working again. When we can afford a life that will be favorable for our son.”

“Son?” Ben gasped. “What if it’s a girl?”

“I know it won’t be a girl.” He said with a smile. “It will be a boy and he’s gonna grow up to be handsome and strong like his father.”

“Why does it have to be you?” Ben asked with a raised eyebrow. “Why can’t it be me?”

“Because I will be the father.” He said with a chuckle.

“Hmmmm… okay, then what name will you give him?”

“MichaelAngelo.” He replied without a second thought. “It was my father’s name and it’s a beautiful name. Don’t you think?”

“It’s a wonderful name. But our first child is gonna be a girl. And we’re gonna name her Leah.” Ben argued. “Leah is a beautiful name and my mother was a very beautiful woman. I would want our first child to be a girl.”

“What? No!” David argued. “It’s gonna be a boy and that’s final.”

The two began arguing about the names of their children and how many they were gonna have and who was gonna be the first child. It was sweet and romantic. Ben felt on top of the world and he imagined how it would be if he were to be a parent. But he knew that it was gonna be a long time before they had any child. They didn’t have money for surrogacy and they had lots of problems already. It was gonna be unfair to bring a child in such a harsh environment.

“Alright, you win.” David said, raising his hands in surrender. “But before that baby arrives, can you attend to the needs of this baby right here?”

“Hmmm…” Ben moaned, staring at his gorgeous husband. “…and would my handsome baby like?”

“Sing me a wonderful song.” He said excitedly.

Ben nodded and began singing him a romantic song. Before a minute even passed, the man was fast asleep. But Ben didn’t stop singing. It was romantic.

***

A few days later…

*

Elena had a room-grabbing smile and her eyes danced with delight as she stared at the most handsome man in the world, her husband. She was seated on the office table, rocking a grey pants suit that showed off her hour glass curves with a white shirt inside but she made sure that her cleavage was exposed, all for her husband to see.

“Do you like it?” She asked in the most soothing tone Jerome had ever heard from her.

“It’s lovely.” Jerome said as he licked his lips. “It’s been so long since I had tasted your food. What happened that you decided to cook for me? What’s the occasion?”

Elena had cooked a delicious meal for her husband consisting of his favorite sea food with fried rice and the most delicious soup he’d ever tasted. She was a good cook, but she just didn’t do it often. Now that everything was coming into its rightful place, she needed to please her husband and appreciate him.

“Nothing!” She chuckled, opening her arms. “Can’t I cook for my darling husband? Let’s just say, nowadays you make the happiest woman alive and I just want to return the favor.”

“Mi amor!” He touched his chest, taking a slow but wonderful breath. “I could get used to this.”

“And you should. Because after today, you’ll be having more of my food.” She got closer to him seductively and planted a kiss on his lips. “And tonight, I have a very wonderful surprise for you. So, we should knock off early.”

Jerome gasped, surprised at her words.

“Wow! I am loving this romantic side of you.” He laughed as his hands found her neck. “What did you do to my wife? You sound like a completely different woman.”

Elena laughed and then locked her lips with him, getting closer. She made sure that her boobs were pressed so hard on his chest, igniting that fire in him. She couldn’t remember the last time she had been that excited and horny. She knew she was gonna enjoy it.

“I’ll save the rest for tonight.” She said as she broke the kiss. But she made sure she seductively bit his lip and made him moan.

“Can’t wait!” He winked.

As they were staring at each other, already undressing each other with their eyes, Jerome’s phone began ringing. At first, they ignored it but when it began to ring again, Elena smiled and rushed to where it was. When she saw who was calling, an evil grin appeared on her face.

“Hey, sister in-law.” She said with so much excitement. “It has been ages since we heard from you. Did you miss us?”

“Where’s my brother?” An impatient voice answered on the other end. “Last time I checked, this was his phone and if I wanted to talk to you, I would have asked for your number from him. I have no business with you, Claudia, so put my brother on the line.”

“Well, Alejandra, I believe I am his wife and what’s his is mine and vice versa.” She chuckled manically as she crossed her arm. “But I wouldn’t expect you to understand since you’ve never been married.”

“Don’t insult me, Elena!” She snapped on the other end. “Just put my brother on the line. I know he’s there.”

“He’s busy. You can talk to me and I’ll be able to convey the message.” She laughed in mock. “Or maybe it is money you want and you’re too ashamed to ask your sister in-law? It’s okay, I can send the money to you. After all, we’re family.”

“Elena!”
“It’s either you tell me or I cut the call. And trust me, once I do, you won’t be able to talk to my husband ever again. So spill.”

Elena heard Alejandra groan angrily on the other end.

“You’re impossible.” She sneered. “But since you insist, I wanted to find out what’s been happening there with Ben. Ben registered me as his guardian at school along side my brother. Yesterday, I received a call from the school asking why Ben hasn’t been at school the last six months. They tried reaching Jerome but they’ve been unable to so I wanted to ask what’s going on.”

An evil grin appeared on Elena’s face. She glanced at her husband who seemed busy typing on his laptop.

“Nothing is going on.” She answered with a chuckle. “Besides, it’s none of your business. This concerns our family and last time I checked, you and my husband having been fighting for years. You’re no longer part of our family and I suggest you know your lane.”

“Excuse me!” Alejandra was mad. “Whatever issue that has to do with Ben is my business. His sudden disappearance from school for six months makes me worried. I have been trying to reach him but I can’t. I know something is wrong over there so tell me. Or better still, give me a line that works.”

Elena laughed. “And what makes you think you can order me around? Whatever happens to him is none of my business. I am only concerned about my family. He can disappear from school for eternity for all I care. As long as my son is doing well, I am good.”

“Elena, this is serious.” The woman pleaded on the other end. “Let me talk to my brother. Please!”

Elena chuckled. “Sure! I’ll put him on the line.”

She moved the phone away from her ear. “My love, it’s your sister and she would like to talk to you about your illegitimate son.” She hollered.

Jerome raised his face and a frown appeared.

“I don’t wanna talk to her, most especially about that boy.” He said harshly. “I have better things to do than discuss useless things.”

“Alright, baby.” She smiled, throwing him air kisses.

She put the phone back on her ear.

“I am sure you heard that from the horse’s mouth. Hope that answers your question.”

“What?” She sounded scared. “What’s happening, Elena? Please, let me talk to my brother. I will only be at peace when I hear what’s going on there. I know Ben cannot just stop school like that unless something happened. And my brother cannot…”

“My husband doesn’t want to talk to you.” She chirped. “Why don’t you just get that into your thick skull? I am sure you can focus on your little life.”

“Please, I am begging you.” Alejandra was almost crying on the other end. “From a mother to a mother, tell me what happened to Ben. Where is he? Is he safe? Is he in trouble?”

“Who knows?” She laughed. “I’ll keep you guessing. By the way, we were doing something romantic before you disturbed us. We need to get back to it.”

“Elena…”

She cut the call and quickly blocked the number, wearing an evil grin on her face.

‘This is fun.’ She thought as she placed the phone back on the table. ‘I get to see two people that I hate the most suffer. Wow! Looks like God keeps giving me another chance to play some mischief. I am sure she’s crying now and I hope Ben is suffering too.’

***

“Thank you so much!” Ben said with a smile, handing the money for all the food he had bought.

“You’re welcome, sir!”

He took the plastic bag and started going back. He wanted to prepare something special for his husband that night, anything aside from sardines and rice. He was so happy because he had managed to get all the ingredients. Now all he needed to do was go back and begin cooking.

“Ben!”

He turned and found Mrs. Grenda waving at him. He waved back as she rushed to him. Looks like she too came for some shopping.

“Hey, never thought I’d meet you here.” She said excitedly. “But I am happy that I have met you. Do you still have any more shopping to do.”

“As a matter of fact, I was heading home.” He responded softly. “I need to prepare some food for his return.”

“That’s good. I am done too. We can go back together. I just need to make one more stop. And you’re coming with me.”

“Sure!”

Ben and the cheerful woman went together to a shop where she was getting some things. She was telling him one of her stories and he couldn’t help but laugh. While she went inside, he remained outside waiting for her. There were some men who were drinking and watching TV outside the shop and once Ben set his eyes on that TV, he just froze and felt like the entire world had disappeared before him.

There was his father on the TV and he was with his brother and step-mother. They seemed so happy. They were with a crowd of people and there were cameras and microphones all over them.

“Mr. Henandez, this has got to be one of your greatest moments. You just opened a new branch and not only that, you’re the top gun of the real estate business. We cannot mention real estate without mentioning Henandez empire. Is there any secret to your success?”

Jerome smiled. “Hard work is key to any success.” He said confidently. “But most importantly, my family whom I love so much, my lovely wife and my son, my only son.”

Ben felt pain take control of his body like he was being possessed by some demon. Never in his entire life had he experienced such intense agony, claiming his body like it was his. He didn’t even realize that they were tears building in his eyes.

“They’ve so supportive and very helpful. My wife and I built this company with our blood and sweat.” He added. “And ever since my son was young, he’s shown such great talent. He is the brain behind some of the building designs at my empire and he has never failed to impress me. I know that he is gonna be a great asset when he finishes school in a few years.

And when I retire, I know that he’s gonna take this empire to another level.” He held his son’s hand and they both smiled. “He is a tough boy and my only heir. Jim Henandez will be a force to be reckoned with. I have no doubt that he is gonna be the next big businessman.”

Ben had no idea why he felt so terrible.

“Definitely, after all, an apple doesn’t fall far from a tree.” The woman that was asking laughed. “But Mr. Henandez, you’ve mentioned in the past that you have another son whom we’re yet to see appear on any magazine. But a few minutes ago, you said that Jim is your only son.”

Ben felt his heart begin to race in anticipation. Somehow, he was hoping his father was gonna show that he at least had a son. But he remained quiet and lost the smile on his face. Ben was scared, very scared.

“I have no other son.” Jerome said confidently, wearing the smile again. “I only have one child and that’s Jim, my only heir. Whatever I have said in the past was all a joke. If there was another son, wouldn’t he have appeared in a magazine by now. I do not know if any other child. My wife and I were only blessed with one child.”

Ben was overwhelmed with agonizing fiery pain when he heard his father say that. The blank, emotionless expression swept over his face as the realization of the moment gradually seeped in. He moved away from the Tv and stood a distance from it. He felt like his heart had been ripped out all over again. He regretted setting his eyes on that Tv because now his day was ruined and he couldn’t think clearly.

“So, I am done now.”

When he heard the woman’s voice, he wiped his tears quickly and turned to face her, wearing a fake smile. But the woman looked at him with a question mark on her face. He knew that he wasn’t fooling her.

“Son, are you okay?” She asked with so much concern.

“Yeah, just tired.” He lied. “I need to rest. Can we please go?”

“S-sure!” The woman muttered.

The two left but Ben was zoning out of their conversation.

***

Ben was seated on the sand with his arms locked around his legs, staring at the sea. It was already dark, but not too dark for him to see. The night was quiet, except for the sound of the waves that seemed to reflect the way he was feeling that time. He couldn’t believe after all these months, he still felt the pain that his father had caused by disowning him.

He was so lost deep in thought that he didn’t even hear David coming near him. He got out of his thoughts when he felt him sitting behind him, putting him between his legs and wrapping his arms around him. He felt so warm, so calm and yet he was still in bed.

“I thought you might be here.” David said as he kissed his neck softly. “What are you doing here? It’s a cold night.”

Ben turned and looked at David. He didn’t even put up a smile. He was so sad but the last thing he wanted was to lie to him.

“I saw my father today.” He said softly. “When I went to the market. He was on TV and it seemed he opened another branch of his empire.” He sighed as tears built in his eyes. “I know I didn’t expect much from him but I had no idea that he would hate me so much. According to him, I don’t exist anymore.”

He couldn’t hold his tears anymore. They came flowing.

“He denied having another son apart from Jim on national Television. He only has one son, Jim, his only heir.” He tried rubbing his tears but they came flowing. “I know this shouldn’t affect me at all, but it just hurts hearing this from the man I considered my whole world, David.”

David felt so horrible. He held him tighter and rubbed his shoulder to make him feel better.

“It’s not even about him calling Jim his only heir. I can live this life and be happy, at least knowing that there’s a man out there that still considers me his son.” He sobbed softly. “But that’s not the case. He’s completely forgotten about me and doesn’t consider me to be his son anymore.”

He bled the salt of his soul and it poured from his eyes.

“Shhh…” David whispered, wiping his face. “You know how I hate to see you like this. It breaks my heart and I know how much you love your father. You don’t deserve this hatred, Ben, but one day he’ll be able to understand you, to understand us and he’ll regret whatever word he used. I know it’s gonna happen soon. You and I will begin rebuilding our lives soon and everyone will see just how strong our love is. Come here.”

He held him tightly in his arms, making sure he showed him how secure he was.

“It just hurts.”

“I know. But I am here with you.”

Ben snuggled in David’s chest and just cried. He was in so much anguish and David knew he needed to get it out. He held him tightly and let him cry to his satisfaction. He had tears in his eyes but he wasn’t gonna cry. He was gonna be strong for him.

***

It was the middle of the night when Ben suddenly woke up with a familiar feeling in his abdomen, a dull pain that he had been experiencing for quite some time. He slowly opened his eyes to the sexy snores of his husband.

He was pressed against his chest with his arms tightly wrapped around him. They were both in shorts. When he raised his face and got ahold of that handsome face, he couldn’t help but smile. How can someone be so handsome even in sleep, he thought.

He stayed like that for a couple of minutes, admiring the man when all of sudden he felt the dull pain become sharp and burning. He’d never experienced pain like that before. The burning started on his lower abdomen before it spread throughout his abdomen and to his back.

Ben winced and grated his teeth, slowly removing David’s arms from him. He carefully and quietly moved out of bed, making sure not to awake the man. David moved in his sleep but didn’t even wake up.

Holding his tummy, Ben tip toed to the living room and then to a small drawer where he had put his pain killers. He popped out three and took them all at once. A few minutes passed before the pain started fading until he couldn’t feel it anymore. He took a deep breath and calmed himself, wondering why he had experienced such pain. But he was glad it was over.

He put back his pain meds and started going back to the bed. Two steps, three steps and suddenly, he felt a terrible pain in his tummy again. He groaned from the intense pain, holding out his tummy again. It felt like a sharp toothed creature eating him from the inside.

“Ow!” He groaned.

The pain was becoming intense by the second and fast. He made a low growl again, straining to stand up to the pain. Each movement he made only worsened the pain. Began breathing harshly, trying to make the pain go away. He clenched his teeth and cried out in pain, dropping to his knees.

“Ow!”

He began crawling slowly, trying to get to the drawer for his pain meds. But each movement felt like a kick in the gut, like there was something tearing his insides. He didn’t know if his mind was playing tricks on him before he felt something warm going down his leg and he knew he had peed himself due to the pain.

But contrary to what he thought, there was blood going down his leg. His white short was stained.

“Ow!” Ben dropped to the floor as the pain got intense. He lay in fetal position, trembling like a leaf. He’d never experienced such agonizing pain before. It was pretty intense.

“David!” He screamed. “David! Ow! Please, help me.”

It wasn’t long before he heard footsteps. David was standing in the door, sweat dripping from his brow as he watched the love of his life crying in agony with blood on him. His heart pounded, his head spun and his eyes saw nothing but darkness, his ears filled the cries of his love.

“Ben!” He cried, running to him like the hounds of hell were after him. “Baby?”

Reaching him, he held him in his arms and didn’t even realize he was crying.

“What’s happening? Why are you bleeding?” He asked abruptly. “Did you take something?”

“It hurts.” Ben mourned. “Help me!”

Ben felt like the pain had crushed him in and claimed his body for its own. He couldn’t take it anymore. Then suddenly with a scream, his vision began fading. As his vision faded, he caught a glimpse of his boyfriend before everything went dark.

***

David was moving about, from side to side, his eyes glued on the room where he knew his Ben was getting checked on. Images of him bleeding in his arms played in his head, giving him the fear he never knew existed. Thinking about it made a shudder from his feet to his head.

He was at the hospital in the nearest town and it had taken him about three hours just to reach. Ben had been unconscious the entire time. His head was feeling as though it would split in two. He rubbed his temples but the headache persisted.

Suddenly, the door opened and David ran like he was going mad when he saw a handsome looking doctor who was probably in his late 30s coming out.

“How’s he?” He asked abruptly, breathing like he was in labor. “What’s wrong my husband, doctor? Is he gonna be fine?”

The door took a shaky breath and rested his hand on David’s shoulder. David was scared. He tried to tell himself nothing was gonna happen as he felt his heart race.

“Is it okay if we talk in my office?”

“What?” David felt his heart pound in his throat. “What’s going on? What’s wrong with my husband?”

“Can we…”

“No!” He shook his head. “I wanna hear it right now. I am not going to any office with you. Whatever you wanna tell me, tell it to me now because I need to see Ben.”

The doctor hesitated for a second but he nodded. He took a deep breath before he began talking.

“How long has your husband been experiencing pain or bleeding?”

“What?” David frowned. He was confused. “This was the first time this happened. I have never seen him like that before. What’s wrong, doctor?”

The doctor took another deep breath. “Well, your husband is not well. I think he’s been experiencing this for some time and didn’t tell you about it. There’s no way it would reached that stage without prior symptoms.”

“What are you talking about?” David couldn’t mask the fear in his voice.

“Well…” He cleared his voice. “I don’t know how best I can see this but according to the imaging we’ve done on your husband, he has a growth in his abdomen and it has become invasive. That’s what caused the bleeding and the pain he experienced.”

David laughed. “What? I don’t understand…”

“Your husband has cancer and it has become invasive.”

Time stood like never before. David’s pupils dilated, hands ached and his heart sunk to his feet. His face became pale. It looked like he just saw a ghost. He froze in place. His limbs went numb with absolute fear. His world was suddenly crushing down on him.

To be continued…

***

David and Ben have shared an unbreakable bond since they found each other, despite the trials they have faced. Just when things seem to be going well and with a planned future ahead, tragedy strikes.

Can David keep his prince alive with the chaotic news threatening to tear them apart… forever?

And what lengths will a man scorned go to, to keep his man?

Don’t miss the heart pounding series finale of “A love to last” this Friday.

Feel the passion…

Copyright © 2022 vanalas; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Wow 3
Thanks a lot to everyone that took the time to read my work. I love you guys a lot. Don't forget to drop your comments about what you think about my work. Ciao!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Extreme tragedy amid extreme love. Such a great, dramatic read! Hope you’re not going to add extreme loss to Ben and David’s story. Seems they’ve suffered enough. 

Fantastic storytelling and your English is absolutely charming. A pleasure to read.

  • Wow 1
Link to comment

LOVE IT!  I have visions of Jim, Claudia and Elena burning....Jerome needs to suffer too!  Great chapter - other than Ben having cancer..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..