Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 747 Words
  • 2,294 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2012 - Anniversary - Secrets Can Kill Entry

The Symmetry of Life- Book 1: To See, To Know, To Be Human - Prologue. Prologue

Prologue

You may have read Bobby’s short little story about me and how I died. He can get so sidetracked sometimes, you guys probably get the feeling that he probably has ADHD or something, but I guess that’s how death operates. It can be very random or focused depending on his mood. There are many paths that we can all follow, some of them are chosen by us and some of them are chosen for us. My full name is Joshua Walter Cross; you can just call me Josh.

If you have followed this writer in your reality, then you probably remember the last names of my grandnephew, Ben, and nephew, Kevin. Their stories go way above my head. Ben’s story in particular occurs after my lifetime. The best way for you to understand this author’s stories is to think of them as one meta-verse, like the stories in Similarion. It contains the same universe, characters, and timeline, but the different stories deal with everyone around the events and genealogies. I guess he is trying to flesh out my universe and give everyone reasons for living and dying. Our stories evolve through the ages. He describes how each generation and life impacts the final outcomes; perhaps even giving you a sneak peak at the cosmic plan without ever saying it.

My story is nowhere as interesting or epic as Ben’s journey across outer space. Yes, there were battles of good versus evil, ancient enemies, and other stuff not known about. In comparison, I am merely a historical footnote to what awaits mankind and our descendants.

As for my personal interests, I am a huge fan of Tolkien and Middle Earth folklore, partly due to the events in my life. If you haven’t read any of his work, then you’re missing out on something special. I can understand and speak several different variants of Elvish, not elfish or elfin as some older versions of the books called it. I happen to know bits and pieces of stories; I can tell you how different people and places received their names. I even know a different story that is slightly different from the Peter Jackson films. Even at the moment of my death, I repeated Bilbo’s famous last words. I felt a connection with the old hobbit. Throughout my life, I desired adventure and nurtured the next generation on their journeys. I can still remember every day of my life as if they were happening at this very moment. Furthermore, the joyous occasions spent with my mother, little brother, nephews, and especially Bobby remain the most memorable for me.

I guess after you die, your life really does flash before your eyes. It seems everything you have read, heard, or thought comes back in that moment of transition. It’s useful if you are judging someone based solely on their life, but it is one of the most frustrating feelings ever. Bobby told me that I was a member of the “special bloodline”. Thus, I could easily send off those final thoughts to a writer in your reality. I am not sure what caliber of writer he is, nor if he can translate the emotions, times, and experiences of a 73 year old gay man, but I hope and pray he can do Bobby and me a little justice.

You will read quite a bit about things in history that you may never have heard of happening before, or they happened in such a way as it seemed there was no ulterior motive involved. I am not merely speaking of general conspiracies, which seemed to abound with different degrees in human history. Without going into detail, I can tell you one simple fact from the beginning of the Cold War to the rise of computer technology; many things were set in motion from the shadows. Part of this story may sound like science fiction, but I can tell you that it is real to me and it holds deadly truth for those who lived through it. Part of this story may seem like fantasy, but there are beings beyond our ability to comprehend or understand. Even in death, I do not understand all the motivations behind these events, nor what was supposed to be set into motion.

I hope you are ready to begin a journey that will stretch your imagination and belief in humanity from the dangerous light of truth to the protective darkness of secrets.

Copyright © 2012 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2012 - Anniversary - Secrets Can Kill Entry

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..