Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 1,634 Words
  • 530 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Raijinken: The Past - 10. Act I End

Chapter 10

Lei-Gong’s Palace, Royal Sleeping Chambers

Tian-Mu knelt beside her sleeping husband as the servants set him down, him barely shifting as they did. She sighed, looking at him.
(Oh, Lei-Gong…what has happened? So many things have gone wrong in the past day. Raijinken has been put in danger, by one of the most powerful demons no less. He has been possessed, lost half of his power, yet he has gained new ones, not to mention having that thing sealed inside of him.) Her mouth curled into a sneer. (Now we have another problem: Raiden. He appears to have come here to ‘help’ the child. I know it may be unfair to make assumptions, but I do not trust him. You remember what he tried to do us…) She sighed. (It doesn’t matter anymore, since we are still together after all of this time.) She reached over, stroking his long, black hair out of his face.
He turned towards her familiar touch, exhaling deeply as his body relaxed. She smiled, but it turned into a frown after a while. (But… why does it feel that something drastic is about to happen to the world?)

Cairo, Egypt

The black orb withdrew its tendril from the dried husk of the beggar.
(Ahhh. Such anger. So sad angry that the pharaoh publicly humiliated you in front of his entire kingdom. Ha! If I could I would tell him good show, he made your anger so exquisite.)
It floated away, invisible against the night sky, leaving the body to be taken care of by someone else.
(I am so close to regaining my form, children. And you are so close to losing yours.)

Lei Gong’s Palace, Raijinken’s Room

Rai slid the door to his closet open, pulling out wicker basket with a top, he started piling some of his most precious possessions into it.
(Element scroll from Master Fei-Lian. Comb from Tian-Mu. Story scroll from Lei-Gong.) He silently placed each of the objects into the bag. He reached over, picking up a piece of manuscript with a picture on it. He smiled, seeing it was a picture of himself and Lei-Gong that the godling had drawn. Slowly, he rolled the scroll up placing it securely in a corner of the sack.
Rai stood up, and started browsing through his wardrobe.
Of course, nothing would fit him…
“Ummm…Raiden?”
“Yes?”
He jumped, not expecting to hear the god right behind him. Lightning rolled down his back, scorching his clothes. He turned around.
“And this is why you need to get control of your powers. I mean; what would happen if something in public and they just burnt your clothes off, huh? You would look beyond embarrassed and I’d probably be laughing my ass off in a corner somewhere…” Rai glowered at him. “What?”
“Don’t do that.” He gestured to the wardrobe. “I believe that I will have to acquire some new clothes, will I not?” He arched an eyebrow.
Raiden smiled, showing his perfect teeth. “Don’t worry about it. I believe that Fujin has some clothes that will fit you until we get you some of your own.
Raiden looked thoughtful, thinking about a certain…outfit…that he had bought for the other god. All that silk in all the right places. He pictured it on Rai.
And his nose started to bleed…
Rai noticed. “Raiden, your nose is bleeding…”
He swiftly turned away, blushing furiously, wiping the blood off with his sleeve. “Doesn’t matter. We’ll deal with the clothes situation later. I believe that we should get going though, Fujin is probably angry enough at me already, being out for as long as I have been. And he is scary as all hell when he is angry.”
Rai sighed, picking up his bag. “Fine. Can I at least say goodbye to the others?”
“Of course.” Raiden said, as they walked out of the room.

Royal Chambers

Lei-gong slowly stirred, alerting his wife.
“Ah, you’re awake.”
He shook his head, clearing it. “Yes.” He looked at her. “What happened? Last thing I remember, Zeus was whining about something…”
“He was, but I believe he has left the kingdom. Also, someone else has come here. One of the Japanese gods.”
Lei raised an eyebrow. “Oh? Which one?”
“Guess.”
“For some reason, I want to guess Raiden.”
“You would be correct, although I really wish you were not.”
“Still hate him, I’m guessing.”
She got up, and moved over to the window. “I still don’t understand how you…forgave him after he tried to steal you away from me. And he almost succeeded.”
“Forgive and forget, Tian. He did that over a hundred years ago. Even for an immortal, that is a long time to hold a grudge.”
“Hmph.”
Lei Gong rolled his eyes. (Nothing like a woman scorned.)
“Um…hi.”
They looked over to the doorway, seeing Rai and Raiden waving at them.
“Hello Rai. Raiden, it’s been awhile.”
“Why yes it has. And I must say that you have never looked better.” He smiled, flirtingly.
Lei blushed. “Yes. Well, so do you-“
“That’s enough.” Tian-Mu shouted. “You shall not try to steal my husband again while in my domain, Raiden.”
“What about outside of it?” He dived behind Rai as she shot a bolt of lightning him. She started to make her way over to him, stopping as Lei-Gong held up hand.
“No Tian. It’s not worth it.” He looked over at Rai. “How are you feeling?”
“Fine, a little strange, but fine. Listen, I have something to tell you two.” He inhaled. “I am extremely grateful to you for taking me in for all this time, I believe that I must leave.”
This surprised them. “But…why?” Tian started. “There is no reason for you to leave.”
“Yes there is. I really cannot control my powers at the moment, and I am going to need a lot of training in order to do that.”
“And that’s what I’m here for!”
“Raiden. Was this your doing?” She accused.
“Eh. More or less. I just believe that with Lei-Zhenzi, Fei-Lian won’t be able to dedicate the time that the boy needs to help him. Therefore, I shall take him off your hands.” He noticed that Lei-Gong was going to say something. “No, Lei. You cannot train him. You have to many problems with the mortals to worry about him.”
“But…”
“No.”
“How dare…”
“No.”
“What about…”
“No.”
“Fine.”
Rai felt a tugging on his arm. Looking down…
He saw Lei-Zhenzi glaring at him.
“Why are you leaving, Rai?”
“I have to. I don’t want anything to happen to you if I stay here.”
The glare turned into a frown. “But…I don’t want you to leave. I want you to stay here with me.” He was almost in tears now.
Rai looked at Raiden, silently telling him to go into the room. Raiden simply raised an eyebrow, and walked in, sliding the door closed after him.
“Look, Lei…” He stooped down to the other’s height. “I’m sorry, but I have to do this. I really don’t want to hurt you, but something might happen, and I might. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I did something like that.”
“I-I’ll be fine Rai.” Tears were streaming down his face. “I just want to go with you.”
“No, Lei. I wish you could, but you have o stay here and take care of your parents. You know how they can be sometimes, so they will need your help.”
“But…”
“No buts Lei. I promise that I will come back to see you when I can, alright.”
The little god nodded, wiping away his tears. “Okay. I’ll stay.”
Rai smiled, reaching up and ruffled Lei’s short hair. “I’ll be fine Lei, don’t worry. Alright?”
Lei nodded, smiling slightly. “Alright.” He ran forward, encircling his arms around Rai’s neck. “I-I love you Rai.”
Rai returned the embrace. “I love you too Lei.”
Rai was surprised as the godling reared back, gripped his face, and placed a kiss on lips. Before dashing away around a corner.
He blushed, brushing his fingers across lips.
“WELL! That was interesting.”
“Raiden?”
“Yes?”
“Shut. Up.”
Raiden smiled. “Ready to go?”
“As I’ll ever be.” He stood up. “I want to say goodbye to them first.”
“Go ahead. Don’t take too long though; we have to get going soon.”
Rai nodded, walking past him into the room. He smiled at the two gods standing in front of him.
“Lei-Gong. Tian-Mu.” He bowed low in a sign of respect. “It has been a great honor staying here with you. You opened your arms to me as a helpless child, when you could have easily denied my father, and for that I shall be forever in your debt.”
Tian-Mu walked over to him, bringing him up to eye level. Tears were in her eyes. “Rai…we have come to love you like you were our own child in the short time that when have known you. Remember that we will always love you.” She brought him into an embrace. “And don’t let Raiden do anything to you, okay? I’ll rip his sack off if she does.”
Rai giggled as she let go, and looked over towards Lei-Gong. He reached out his hand, which the other god did.
“Be good Rai, and don’t forget to visit every now and then.”
“Of course.”
He let go. Stepping back, he gave them one last look before leaving the room. Raiden was leaning on the wall.
“Ready?”
Rai grabbed his things “Let’s go.”
Raiden grabbed his arms, and they disappeared in a flash of lightning.

End of Act One

Just so everyone knows what Raijinken looks like, think of Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts II, except younger and a little less bulky. Hey, I can't help it...Xemnas is hot!

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..