Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 1,120 Words
  • 558 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Raijinken: The Past - 12. Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Mt. Fuji, Raiden and Fujin’s Castle, West Wing

Raiden and Fujin quickly made their way over to the destroyed part of the palace, only to see Rai standing in the middle of the wall. Sparks were emanating from his back, scorching the ground around him.
Raiden looked around, admiring the destruction. “Impressive.”
Fujin, however, wasn’t so appreciative. “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU BRAT?!”
Rai slowly turned around. Fujin took a step back, seeing that his eyes weren’t the same as when they first met. They were almost…catlike, except they were purple.
His voice was low. “What do you mean ‘What is wrong with me’? I’m not the one with the problem here, now am I?”
“You just destroyed an entire wall of the palace the I live in! I demand that you clean this up.”
Little bolts of lightning shook themselves free of Rai’s fists. He was getting angry. “Why should I? You are the cause of this.”
A tailwind picked up behind Fujin, causing Raiden’s cape to fly over his head. He scrambled to throw it back over his shoulder, before deciding to just throw it off. It flew through the gaping entrance that was once a wall.
“Awww.”
Fujin paid no attention to Raiden’s depression. “You will rebuild this wall, Raijinken.” His voice was low with barely controlled anger.
“But…my cape…awww.”
“No, I will not.” Rai threw a bolt of lightning at him. Fujin created a small whirlwind, paper and debris flying through the air, retaliating.
The attacks were going to meet…
“Alright, that’s enough.”
Or maybe not.
Raiden was standing in the middle of the lightning-maelstrom, a lightning shield erected around him.
“First,” He looked at Fujin. “You will apologize to him.” Fujin ‘hmphed’ and looked away.
Silence…
Fujin spoke, without turning back to either of them. “I apologize, Raijinken, for attacking you. It was…wrong…of me.”
He swore he could hear the smugness in Rai’s voice when he replied. “Apology accepted.”
Raiden nodded. “Second,” He turned and looked at Rai, who looked him directly in the eye. “Tomorrow, you will be rebuilding this wall.”
Rai’s eyes widened. “But…!”
A finger was shook at him. “Ah ah. You broke it, you fix it. Think of it as the beginning of your training.”
Rai turned around, mumbling, and started to pick up one of the stones, almost immediately dropping it.
“Gah! These things are extremely heavy!”
“They sure are kid!” Raiden came over and slapped him on the back, nearly causing him to fall over. “And you can’t even use your powers for help.”
He jumped back as Rai growled at him. “This is going to take for ever.”
“Probably, but I don’t care as long as it gets done..” Raiden shrugged. “But it’ll get your strength up.” He turned and started walking further into the palace. “Now let’s go, I’m starving.”
They followed, with Rai saying things like: ‘Drop a brick on his head.’ Under his breath.
“I heard that!”
Damn.

Mt. Olympus, Balcony
Hermes’ P.O.V.

I sighed, admiring the light of the stars from my high vantage point on the mountain.
(It is extremely peaceful here.)
A shadow appeared behind me. I did not pay it any mind, however.
A deep voice spoke. “It is very peaceful here, is it not?”
I sighed. (It just had to be him, didn’t it?)
It was a moment before I responded. “Yes, yes it is.”
“Beautiful, if I do say so myself.”
Somehow, I just knew that he was going to go there. Damn, him.
“Aries, what do you want?”
“You.”
I felt my face warm. I am so glad he could not see it.
“Well you cannot have me.”
“Oh? I can’t?” His voice seemed much closer…
I turned around, coming directly in contact with his chest. Before I could fall back, however, his arms encircled my waist bringing me closer to him.
I struggled. “Aries…!”
“Shhh…”
He cupped my chin, bringing my face to look at his. He was smiling at me. He brought our faces together, and as his lips touched mine, I swore that I could see…something behind him. I did not get a good look at it, as my eyes almost instantly closed. A small moan escaped my lips as his tongue entered my mouth.
He tried to pick me up, perhaps to take me back to his room…
This is when I stopped.
“Aries. Stop.” I hit his chest, hard enough for him to notice.
He pulled back, barely enough to still be touching my lips. “Why?”
“Just…Aries, please. I can’t do this, not right now at least. With Cronos out there, about to cause some type of trouble, I just can’t right now.” I looked into his eyes, seeing a sad desperation there. I reached up to stroke the close hair on his chin. “I’m sorry, Aries.”
I moved from between him and the ledge, walking slowly back inside.
I stopped. “Do know this, though: if I hadn’t had stopped you then, there would have been no way I would have been able to stop you later.”
I swore I heard his jaw drop as I continued to my room.

Somewhere in the Himalayas

(I need a away to get my body back quickly. This is taking much too long.)
Cronos was not pleased. Taking a mortal’s emotions away has not been helping him as much as he thought it should have. These mortals were much too weak to sustain him, not to mention help him get his body back.
(Perhaps I should take a different approach to this…)
The black ball floated quickly to a valley in the center of the mountain range. He spotted a small hut nestled in it. Smoke was coming out of the chimney attached to it.
(Hmmm…)
He descended to a window to the side of the hut. Peering in, he saw a small boy sitting by the fire…alone.
Perfect.
He sent a small blast of clear energy towards the window, breaking it.
The boy barely had time to open his mouth to scream, before the tendril was in it, merging with his body.
If Cronos could have smiled, he would have. (I should have thought of this much sooner.) The biggest mass of the sphere dragged itself into the boy, bringing the rest of it with it. The boys head dropped.
It slowly lifted up. Opening his eyes, they held a sickly green hue. A smile that no child should ever have on their face broke across his.
“Well,” his voice was extremely deep. “This will do just fine.”
A laugh burst from the house, frightening all of the wildlife nearby.
Across the continent, a shiver went up Raijinken’s spine.

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..