Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 1,308 Words
  • 561 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Raijinken: The Past - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Clearing near Lei Gong’s palace

The chimera looked directly at him, eyes blazing with barely restrained fury. An eerie smile came across it’s face, err, muzzle, uh, thing that it used to talk.
“You’ll do just fine, little brat.” Its voice was very masculine, but whispered because of it's injuries.
Rai tried to scramble up the sides of the crater, persisting to get away from the beast. He wasn’t fast enough, however, and the injured demon’s hand shot out and grabbed him around his ankle.
Rai tried to scream, but no sound came from his mouth.
Lei looked down in the crater, fear for Rai clearly showing on his face. He wanted to go down and try to help his friend, but he couldn’t move he was so scared.
“Rai.” He whispered.

Rai tried to shake the claw off of his leg, but the demon only gripped him tighter.
He finally found his voice. “LET ME GO!” His voice, loud enough as it is, was amplified by the shape of the crater, making it echo.
The demon flinched, but kept his grip on the young god. “I don’t think so, boy. I’m not going to last long, and I need another’s body to keep my soul. You’re it.”
Rai’s fear, amplified by the implication, struggled harder to get free.
He was too late.
The chimera’s eyes started to glow.
“NOOO! LET ME GO!”
The demon’s body started to glow, growing in intensity until it became unbearable. Rai looked away, shielding his face from the light.
Only for them to be opened again as he felt like a hot sword was being thrust into his intestines. He let out a silent scream as he felt the chimera flow through his mind.
He fell, unconscious, to the crater floor.

Lei, seeing this, slid down beside Rai.
“Rai…” He didn’t move. “Rai please, wake up.” He didn’t know what had happened to the chimera, and right now, he didn’t care. He grabbed Rai’s shoulder’s and shook him. “RAI!”
He felt a strong gust of wind from behind him, and he turned, eyes wide with tears brimming in the corners of them.
Fei-Lian, God of Wind, and their master, was standing at the top of the crater. His eye’s widened as he looked down at Rai.
“No…” He turned to Lei. “Please tell me that a chimera did not land here.”
Lei, turning his eye’s back to Rai, slowly nodded.
“What happened after that?” He glided down beside them, robes flowing, as he attempted to pick the smaller boy up. He jerked his hand back as a stray spark of lighting hit his hand, causing him to wince. “Lei, what happened after it landed?!”
He tried to answer, but before he could, an extremely strong wind picked up around them, throwing them back.
They were dazed for a moment, but then they became alert trying to figure out where the attack came from.
“Ahhh!” Their heads jerked to where Rai lay, seeing him getting up and stretching. “This is more like it!”
Something wasn’t right. That wasn’t Rai’s voice.
It was so much more…evil.
“It feels wonderful to have such a young body! And a young god’s body at that.” Rai/the chimera’s head turned towards Lei and Fei. “Well, if it isn’t you again, Fei. I hoped I wasn’t going to see you for a while, at least until I got control of this body, but it looks like I’ll just have to kill you now.”
With that, he shot at the wind god, upper cutting him in the chest making him fly out of the crater.
Lei looked on in awe induced fear, as the demon controlling his friend jumped after their master.

Fei landed on his feet, shocked that his charge had so much stored away power. Even more surprised that he was actually hurt by the hit.
This was not good.
“Awww, come one now, Mister Wind God.” Fei looked up, to see the demon controlled godling floating above the edge of the crater. “I thought you would be able to hold up a little better than that. Although, you are quite old aren’t you?” He laughed in contempt, the sound so evil it should never come from a child’s mouth. It was just so…so…wrong.
He floated down to the ground, landing sloppily as he almost tripped. “Whoops! Hehe.” The demon laughed. “This body takes some getting used to, doesn’t it?” Not-Rai looked at the older God, the smile on his face grew, almost splitting his face. “Well? What are you waiting for? Scared of hurting your little pupil?” He shook his head. “Your conscious makes me SICK!”
He flew towards him, at speeds almost to fast to be seen by the naked eye. He punched at Fei’s neck.
Fei dodged, but he felt the aftershock of the attack. It knocked the wind out of him, and he jumped back panting.
This is extremely not good.
“I won’t fight you demon.” He wasn’t sure of what he could do, though.
“Well then…” The demon was floating a few inches above the ground. “I GUESS YOU’LL JUST HAVE TO DIE!”
He thrust his hands out to the side, gathering lightning into a highly concentrated ball of energy.
Fei winced, his wounds aggravated by the appearance of static in the air.
A voice came from the lip of the crater. “RAI! STOP IT!”
The demon’s/godling’s eyebrow raised in aggravation, and he turned to the nuisance. “Who are you to interrupt me child?”
Lei-Zhenzi stood up, and spoke, his voice was somber and quiet. “Rai please, don’t do this. Fight it.”
Rai bent his head down. “Hmph. Ha, haha.” He threw his head back, hair and robes flying everywhere. “HAHAHAHAHA! Who is this ‘Rai’ that you are talking about? The child who this body once belonged to? There is no Rai here, brat god.”
“You are wrong!” Tears sprung from Lei’s eyes in frustration. “I know he can here me. Rai please, come back.”
“You are annoying me child.” Electricity started to gather in palm of his hand. “People who annoy me don’t live for very long.” The cruel smirk returned to his face, and the air around them started to heat up to an almost unbearable level. His eyes started to glow an eerie purple-ish color as he reared his arm back
Lei-Zhenzi didn’t move as the lightning came towards him.
“NO!”

The Underworld

“Ladies, I will need your help.” Hera voiced as she appeared in front of the fates.
The old women turned towards her.
Clotho, the Spinner of Life, spoke. “What is it that you want, Hera?”
Hera pulled her most charming smile onto her face. “I need you to find some one for me.”
Lachesis, the Measurer of Life, spoke next. “It all depends on who it is that you are looking for.”
“I am looking for a boy, one of Zeus’, who I have not been able to find. I wish to show Zeus what will happen to his children every time he is unfaithful to me. I believe that this one is his most recent child, so he shall be the first.”
The last sister, Atropos, the Cutter of Life, said. “We know of this one.”
Hera’s eyes lit up. “Well then, where is he?”
“That is not for us to tell.” Lachesis said.
“WHAT?” Hera fumed. “Why can you not tell me who this child is?”
“It is not our place to tell you his location.” They spoke in unison. “Do not seek this child out, Hera, he will be your undoing.”
Hera, fuming left the room of the Fates, muttering, “Old bats.” A smile came over her face as she closed the door. “Well then, I believe it is time for me to take t things into my own hands now.”

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..