Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 1,700 Words
  • 533 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Raijinken: The Past - 11. Act II: Begin

Chapter 11

Near Mt. Fuji, Japan

The two gods cloud hopped their way to Raiden’s home at the peak of Mt. Fuji, clothes billowing in the wind as neither of them broke a sweat.
Rai spoke up for the first time since they had left the castle. “So…what exactly is my training going to consist of?”
“Oh you know; the usual. Weapons, hand to hand, power control, strength, demon fighting. Maybe even drop a few boulders on you!”
Rai almost missed the next cloud. “What was that last one?”
“Strength.”
He groaned. “I don’t think I’m going this training.”
Raiden’s smiled beamed as he slapped the younger god, almost making him fall. “You’re not supposed to like training. It is, after all, boring as Hades!”
“But I’ve never even fought a demon before…”
“That’s why you’re with me, kid. But don’t think about that now, we’re almost at the house.”
The so called ‘house’ was actually a castle, hidden from mortal eyes by a spell that Raiden had made when he first built it. Beautifully crafted it was a mixture of many vibrant colors; blues, reds, purples, greens, and yellows seemed to flow together so well that it seemed like the building was alive. They could see someone standing on one of the walls surrounding the building as they neared it. And he looked angry…
Very angry.
Rai heard a sound from the Raiden.
Question…How come it sounded vaguely like an ‘uh-oh’?
A strong voice came from the person on the wall. “RAIDEN! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!” He thrust his hand at them, sending a wave of air towards the two floating gods.
Rai, thanks to his cat-like reflexes, was quick enough to dive out of the way.
Raiden, however, wasn’t so lucky and he was hit headfirst, forced off of the cloud he was floating on. “Gah!”
His hat flew off his head as he plummeted to the ground, flying up into the air. When Rai looked over the edge of the cloud he was on, he didn’t see any crater in the ground below him…
Or Raiden for that matter.
“And who, pray tell, are you?”
Rai jumped to the next cloud, surprised, not expecting the man to appear next to him. “I-I…” He coughed, clearly intimidated by the fiery fury in the other god’s eyes. He cleared his throat. “I’m Raijinken. Are you Fujin?”
He raised an eyebrow, nodding slightly. “Zeus’ son?” Rai nodded, moving back as the other god shifted nearer to him. Fujin smirked. “You know, I expected you to be a lot younger.” His gaze hardened. “You’re not him…liar!”
Rai could see a distortion of air forming in Fujin’s right hand, so he braced himself for a possible attack.
“Come on now, Fuji, leave the kid alone. He’s supposed to be here for training, not getting attacked. Well, I guess they sort of go hand-in-hand though…”
Rai looked behind him, seeing Raiden rambling on as he floated in midair, seeming as if he did not just get blasted out of the sky. He glanced upward, seeing Raiden’s hat slowly floating down to somehow land up right on his head.
(Oh. He’s good.)
“Raiden. What are doing with this child.” It was more of a statement than a question, and Fujin hadn’t yet dissipated the wind in his palm. Rai gently moved out of the line of fire between the two gods.
“Hmm? Oh. I brought him here for training. And believe me, he needs it.”
“Why?”
“He has a demon sealed inside him.”
In the next 30 seconds, many things happened. Fujin let out a yell, throwing his gathered wind sphere at Rai, Raiden tried to help him…but was too slow, and Rai shielded himself; somehow throwing a lightning shield in front of him.
Such a pleasant way to start things off, isn’t it?
“Raiden, why would you bring such an…abomination…to our home? Let alone to train him? What is wrong with you? Do we have to take you to get your head examine by a healer?”
Fujin continued his rant, Raiden trying in vain to get him to calm down and listen to him.
Rai got tired of this very quickly.
“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!”
Well…
That was pleasant.
“What? Child you have-“ Fujin began.
“No! See you don’t get it. In the past two days, I have had my whole life changed. I’ve been: possessed by a demon, had said demon sealed inside of me, and I’ve put under the apprenticeship of an obviously perverted god who will probably spy on me every time that I bathe. Do not start talking about things of which you know not, Fujin, it doesn’t suit you.” He jumped off of the cloud to the grounds of the castle below, a trail of lighting following him as he muttered about the stupidity of the elder gods as he went, leaving two very shocked gods behind him.
Raiden picked his jaw off of the floor. “Well…that was unexpected.”
“Yes. Well…”
“Fujin…you do realize that you will have to go apologize to him.”
Fujin looked at him, raising an eyebrow. “I shall do no such thing.” He straightened the arms of his sleeveless vest, wiping invisible dirt from them. “You were the one who brought him here without any kind of warning to me. If anything, you should be apologizing to me.”
Raiden looked at him, incredulity written across his face. He smirked before replying. “Oh I should? Alright then. I’m sorry, Fujin, for offering to help a child who is extremely confused and depressed about what has happened to him. I’m sorry, Fujin, for offering to train him to control his powers so that something doesn’t go extremely wrong with them in the future. I’m sorry, Fujin, for actually trying to be a nice person for once.”
He turned away, preparing to jump off of the cloud when he felt a hand grab his shoulder. He turned around, only to be face to face with his husband.
Fujin sighed. “When you put it that way, I do seem to have been an ass to the boy.”
“You have.”
Fujin glared at him, before looking off to the side. “I believe that I should go apologize to him.”
Raiden smiled, taking his hat off and throwing towards the direction of the floating castle. He grabbed the other by the waist, pulling them closer.
“You should.” He kissed him lightly on the lips. “And even though you are an ass,” He kissed him again, longer this time. “You’re my ass.”
Fujin smiled, grabbing Raiden’s butt. “No, this is your ass. I’m just your piece of ass.”
Raiden let out a brief ‘ha’ before diving in for the other’s lips. Tongues battling, they fell onto the cloud, surprisingly not falling through. But hey…
Fujin is the wind god after all.
“Mmm…Raiden…” Fujin started in between kisses. “We really…should…be getting…down there…now.”
Sighing, Raiden broke the embrace and nodded. “I suppose we should. Rai is probably very angry at you though…”
Just then, an explosion came from the west corner of the castle.
“Yeah…that’s probably him.” He grabbed Fujin’s hand, pulling him up. “Let’s go.” They jumped onto the castle grounds, running to prevent any further destruction of their home.

Mt. Olympus, Meeting Room

Zeus stood at the head of the table, looking at the assembled gods. They were murmuring to each other, having no idea what the general point of this emergency meeting was. The only ones who were silent were Zeus and Hermes, the two of them the only ones who knew what had happened.
Aries wasn’t paying attention to the others, focusing all of his attention on the messenger sitting beside him, hand under the table, stroking the others leg. Hermes kept slapping it away, but it kept coming back, leaving him blushing above the table at the other gods bravado.
Zeus held his hand up for silence.
His voice boomed over his audience. “It has come to my attention that my wife, who as you can see is not here because she has been injured, has been trying to kill another of my children.”
Murmurs of ‘what else is new’ came from the crowd. Zeus glared at them, causing them to go silent.
“However, this time something went horribly wrong. Instead of doing what she had planned, she summoned something…something I thought we had destroyed a long.”
He paused.
“Cronos is back.”
He sat down as the room erupted with shouts of disbelief.

Amazon Rainforest

Zephyr glided through the trees, watching out for anything that may have blocked his path. He was looking for something, but he didn’t know exactly what. The power was guiding him.
He came to a small clearing in the middle of the forest. Looking around, he spotted a jaguar drinking from the water hole nearby.
The wind seemed to pick up behind him, slowly inching him closer to the big cat. He slowly walked over to it, making no sound so he would not scare it off, or possibly have defend himself if it attacked.
The jaguar stopped drinking, bringing it’s head up to look at the god walking towards him. He didn’t move.
Zephyr crept closer, his eyes glowing a bluish-white color. He crouched down next to the cat. Looking it in the eyes. Bringing a hand up, he put it on top of the jaguars head. They both started to glow, before the wind picked up the vegetation around them, blocking them from view. It formed a sphere around them, slivers of light breaking through where the plants were sparse.
It suddenly dissipated, plants flying through the air in all directions. In the center stood one figure, tail slowly waving behind him. He brought his hands up to his face.
Wait…
How come they looked like paws?
He scrambled over to the water, wanting to see his reflection.
What looked back at him made him jump back in surprise. He had seen himself, but it wasn’t him.
He looked like a jaguar, but on two legs, spotted fur covering his entire body. Muscles covering his entire frame under it.
What had this power done to him?

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..