Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 1,055 Words
  • 479 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Raijinken: The Past - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Clearing under Lei-Gong’s Palace

“NO! I shall not let you hurt this child!” Fei-Lian’s voice rang out across the clearing as a tailwind picked up behind him. He shot towards the demon, tackling him out of the air, effectively moving the attack to the right. It grazed Lei-Zhenzi’s cheek, knocking him down, eyes wide, into shock.
“And how are you going to stop me?”
Fei looked to the sky, seeing that there was a full moon out. He smiled. “I won’t have to.”
The demon raised an eyebrow. “Oh?”
The clouds uncovered the moon face, letting the moon’s light shine onto the clearing, bathing it in white light. The child’s body jerked, and his eye’s lost their glow.
He looked at the god. “What…is…happening?!”
The wind picked up. “Maybe I should explain.” Fei started. “This child is not born from a mortal. He was born from a panther, in Africa, to his father, Zeus.” Hair started to appear on the child’s arms and face. “Every month, during the full moon, the child has an uncontrollable transformation.”
Rai face pushed out as his nose was squished back. His iris’ slimmed as they formed slits. He fell as his bones shifted in his legs. “MAKE IT STOP!”
“Does it look like I want to, demon?”
Rai yelled, his voice more normal now, as his body was covered completely in…white fur?
Fei looked on in surprise. He had never seen this happen before. “What?”
The panther looked at him, calm serenity in his face.
Then he fell, unconscious, into the grass.
Fei walked over, and picked the kit up.
A man’s voice came from behind him. “What happened here, Fei-Lian?”
He turned around, surprised to see Lei Gong hold Zhenzi. “What happened?”
He sighed. “The children were…attacked…by a demon I was fighting. I did not know that they were around when I threw him here.”
Lei Gong looked at the panther in Fei’s arms. “Is that Raijinken?”
Fei paused before he nodded.
“Why is his fur white?”
He paused again. “The demon…possessed the child.”
“HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!”
Fei winced at the tone. “I’m sorry…it happened before I could find the chimera again.”
“Chimera? Did you say a chimera?”
“I did.”
Lei Gong shook his head angrily. “This is unfortunate. Very unfortunate.” He looked back at Fei-Lian. “You know that there is no way to exorcise a chimera from a mortal once they have been taken over. I am not sure about a how this might affect a demi-god, however.”
A solemn gaze comes over Fei-Lian’s face. “Perhaps, to make sure that nothing happens again, we should bind the demon in him.”
Surprise came to Lei Gong’s face. “Bind him? Do you mean sealing him?”
He nodded.
Their was silence, only broken by the breathing of the child and the panther.
Lei Gong floated into the air. “We should get going if we are going to prepare the binding ritual.”
Fei nodded, and they flew off towards the castle, their charges in their arms.
They didn’t see the man in a straw hat walk out of the woods, and look at them before merging back into the trees.

Mt. Olympus, Hera’s Chambers

She poured the strange smelling liquid into the cauldron, mixing it with the other ingredients, stirring it until the potion turned black.
“Ah yes, this should do nicely.” A smile, full of sinful glee, came across her face. “This should tell me where he is. Now,” she turned around looking for her spell book, “where is the spell to activate it?”
She never noticed the black smoke emerging from the liquid. She turned back around, flipping through her book.
“Ah, here it is. Now…” She looked up, seeing the coiling smoke form into a black sphere.
She stopped. “What is…?”
A voice resounded around the room. “GIVE ME YOUR ANGER!”
A black tendril shot out, enveloping her entire body. She tried to scream as the tentacle covered her mouth, preventing any sound from escaping. It covered her entire body, glowing red as it sapped her of her strength.
Damn, not good.

Lei Gong’s Palace, Binding Chamber

Fei-Lian finished painting the last mark in the binding circle around Raijinken’s body, which still has not transformed back.
He stepped back. “It’s finished.”
Lei Gong came from the doorway, nodding. “Let us begin then.”
The moved to the opposite sides of the circle, placing their hands on the swirl markings before them.
They started chanting, voices growing in intensity as the circle started to glow.
Rai levitated off of the ground, tail limp behind him. The marks that they drew on his body earlier started to glow as he spun in a slow circle.
Fei and Lei Gong had to cover their eyes as they finished the incantation, as the light became to bright for them to bear. When they uncovered them, Rai was in the middle of the destroyed circle, naked. Something had changed though…
What the…?
Fei looked on in surprise. “His hair is white.”
Lei Gong sighed. “I should have suspected this. I hope Zeus does not come here for a while until we figure out what do to about it.”
“Yes, so do I. We should…wait, what?”
Raijinken’s body started to glow a muted blue. The glow left his body as a ball, the same color as the glow, emerged from his chest. The air seemed to move towards the light as it slowly spun.
“What is this?” Fei looked on in surprise, bewildered as why this came out of the child’s body. “Is this another of the chimera’s tricks?”
Lei Gong shook his head. “No, this is his wind power. His body must not be able to handle the extra power in him, so it had to get rid of something else.”
The wind-ball stopped spinning, before shooting off into the sky, in search of someone else that can hold it’s power.
Rai’s body seemed to grow bigger as it left his prescence.
Fei-Lian shook his head sadly at the now teenager looking child. “Zeus is really going to be disappointed in you, Lei.”
“I know, and I can feel him getting closer too. This is not going to go over well with him at all.”
They nodded, Fei picked up Rai, and they walked out of the room.

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..