Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 611 Words
  • 1,537 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Max and Charles - 8. Caviar

Over the next few months Max and Charles cooked up a plan to out Roger and Conrad as the practical jokers. They arranged a dinner party at their place, as well as the two jokers also invited four other friends to witness their proposed retaliation. The guests included Craig and Justin, invited as a thank you for their excellent work planning the wedding and Angus and Gus, who were unable to attend the wedding, because they were overseas at the time. As the group of eight started their first drinks, Max brought out appetisers and placed them on the coffee table. Also on the table was the carved box they had received as a mystery wedding gift. The four extra guests had not previously seen the box so Charles asked Conrad to explain its history to them. When Conrad got to the part about Stefania’s ova, one of the guests, Angus, said “That’s a terrible curse to place on a young couple, I don’t know if I want to hear anymore, unless it has a happy ending.”

“There is more but, I’ll tell you later. Let’s pause to try Max’s appetisers, what are they Max, they look delicious?”

“They’re something new I prepared especially for you and Roger to thank you for the work you did finding out about the provenance of this fascinating treasure. So I want you two to try them first.”

“OK, let’s try them.” Conrad and Roger each tried the appetiser and declared them excellent.

“It looks and tastes like caviar Max, am I right?”

“Well you are close. They are eggs, but not from the sturgeon fish.”

“What fish are they from then?” Roger asked as he reached for another.

“Before that I have to tell you a story as well. We did some research of our own and found out more about the history of the curse this box carried to the newlyweds 100 years ago.”

“But how could you find out more, the story is just.....”

“Let me interrupt you there Roger, and I will explain. As you know the box will open and the curse lifted when a newlywed couple conceive their first child. But there is no point lifting a curse placed one hundred years ago as the cursed will now be dead. However the curse can be passed on when this box is given to another couple as a wedding gift. It will be lifted simultaneously at the time of conception of their first child if the box is under the matrimonial bed at the time.”

Craig then asked “But what can a gay couple do about this curse?”

“Yes, seems a bit confusing to me.” added Justin.

“I will explain gentlemen. We also found out that the curse could also be lifted by a childless couple. They had to recite a certain chant to open the box, but to lift the curse the contents of the box had to be consumed by the couple and their closest friends. The box would then be free of the curse and can then be passed on without danger.”

“Oh Max that can’t be true.” replied Conrad.

“Well let me prove it to you”. As Max opened the box and showed that it was empty, Charles took two of the appetisers, ate one himself and offered one to Max. The guest watched Max and Charles eating, then Roger said “Was does this prove?”

After eating Max replied “There, the curse has been lifted now that we and you have consumed the contents of the box.

You have just enjoyed, not fish eggs, but Stefania’s unfertilised 100 year old eggs.”

 

THE END

Thanks to all for supporting my writing by reading, reacting and commenting on ‘Max and Charles’.
I would like to share with you the news that I have a longer story coming up soon. It will feature the two characters Justin and Craig and will start two years before Max and Charles are married, when they meet and establish their catering business. Be there in the early days of their relationship and see how they earn their reputation for Catering with Benefits. Along the way Justin develops some innovative new skills as a waiter. You will meet their family and friends as well as learn of their teenage years. There are a lot of interesting characters among their friends.
PS. Due to popular demand Max and Charles will appear earlier in the the new story.
Regards,
Bill
Copyright © 2020 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Haha 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

21 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Yummy.:P Better than Vegemite?

Or marmite!! Lol

That's me off caviar for life!

😨😨😨😨😨😨😨🤢🤢🤢

Lol

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Yummy.:P Better than Vegemite?

Unhappy little Vegemites.

This month, Vegemite officially became vegan. Hurrah! Except, the product had always been vegan and no changes to the recipe were actually made. Or so Vegemite say, with some Aussies now claiming they can taste a difference.

This morning, Melbourne radio station 3AW posed the question, had Vegemite changed with all callers agreeing that the product was “not what it used to be”. Some declared it tasted tart while others said it was too shiny and more spreadable.

An individual called up to say he had eaten Vegemite all his life and only recently had it started to give him reflux.

Another woman confirmed a supposed change in flavour after comparing an old jar with a certified vegan Vege.

Despite the new certification, Vegemite has maintained that it has not changed the recipe, which has apparently remained the same since 1922.

A spokesperson for Vegemite said that fluctuations in flavour may occur due to the spread’s use of natural ingredients, like yeast.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great ending. Love the opening of the box.

I never did like caviar, vegemite or marmite so that's me safe from nasty food.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..