Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 954 Words
  • 2,824 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Change is Good - 1. Chapter 1 - Forgetting the Past

Chapter 1: Forgetting the Past

*Alex*

New town, new school, new faces, new friends, new life. I wouldn’t miss the places I once called home, after what he had done to me I don’t think I ever wanted to go back. Sometimes it is just easier to forget about all of the pain in the past, and just move on so that is exactly what I intend to do.

“Rise and Shine,” a loud bubbly voice shouted as I felt a sudden weight hit my bed. Before even opening my eyes I knew who had just jumped onto my bed.

“Do you mind, I could have been naked under here for all you know,” I said as I sat up on my elbows to scold the person on the end of my bed. The one staring back at me was none other than Tiffany my next-door neighbor and best friend. We met the first day I moved here and after a failed attempt to make me her boyfriend, I play for the other team if you catch my drift, we became instant friends and have been inseparable ever since.

“Please, like that would matter to either of us, you are so not my type,” Tiff responded before jumping off the bed taking the blanket with her. “Now get you butt out of bed it’s the first day of our junior year and I intend to find you a boyfriend by this time tomorrow,” she said as she dragged the blanket on her way to my closet.

As I finally managed to pull myself out of bed I begin to be assaulted by cloths being thrown at me from my closet. “I’ve never worn this,” I say as I look over the cloths Tiffany has thrown at me.

“Of course you haven’t, I bought them for you last night and your dad let me drop them off here in your room while you were asleep,” Tiff informed me as she ran from my room before I could hit her with a pillow.

After getting dressed and looking at myself in the mirror I had to admit that Tiff definitely had good taste in clothing picking me out an entire outfit from Aero. Now I’m nothing special, 5’9” with a light brown complexion, short dark hair, deep brown eyes and glasses to boot I’m just another average guy in my opinion. “Are you done yet in there or do I have to come in and help you get dressed,” I hear Tiff shout from the other side of my door.

“I’m all set let’s go, you’re driving today because I don’t feel like it,” I informed her as we walk outside and I get into the passenger side of her Lexus IS 250. Yeah, her family is pretty well off but she isn’t one to show it off and flaunt it in everyone’s face. It’s that trait about her that makes me love her so much; of course I would never tell her that, her head is big enough already. Tiffany hops in the car and we speed off to school.

School is pretty much like anywhere else. You have your common clichés, the jocks, cheerleaders, nerds, outsiders, Goths, etc. Tiffany isn’t a part of any of those groups but she gets along with everyone pretty well. While I find myself more in tune with the geeks but I’m ok with that as no one really bothers me about that. As far as being gay, well no one except Tiff knows that part and right now I’m okay with the way things are going. Just as I finished getting all my needed books out of my locker someone bumps into me sending me to the floor and my books everywhere else.

“I’m so sorry I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going,” a voice says as I dust myself off. When I look up I find myself staring into the most gorgeous set of hazel eyes I’ve ever seen. “Hey are you ok? I’m Shawn sorry again for running into you,” he said as he collects all my scattered books and hands them back to me.

“I…I…I’m uh Alex nice to meet you, I haven’t seen you around here before are you new?” I ask him as I take my things back from him.

“Yeah, just moved here with my folks about a month ago, I hope to be seeing you around,” Shawn waves as he rushes along presumably to get to his first class on time.

“I saw that, hmm, he looks like he would make a good candidate for your first boyfriend,” Tiff says as she hooks her arm around mine and we head off to our first class. “I can see it now, you will be forgetting all about little ole me as the big handsome stuff makes you scream in the back of his car at the drive-in theater, and oww,” I hit her arm before she could finish.

“He is definitely something to look at but there is no way he is gay, and even if he was there is no way he would be interested in a guy like me when he looks like that,” I said to her just as the teacher walks in.

 

*Shawn*

 

Well that was one way to make a first impression, its bad enough that I run into someone, but he had to be cute too. I hope I haven’t made a complete fool of myself, I know I definitely want to get to know Alex better. Who knows maybe he will turn out to be gay too, that would be one thing that would make this move worth it.

TBC
So I think this is a good place to end the first chapter, please feedback would be greatly appreciated; the good, bad, and anything else would be great. Let me know what you guys think, as that will inspire me to write and post more chapters at a faster rate. Look forward to hearing from you all and can’t wait to get the next chapter out there for you all to enjoy
Copyright © 2014 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I knew the first paragraphs sounded familiar! I read this story on the other site. I better re-read it to refresh my memory! lol

 

It was a good story, I remember that much! :)

Link to comment

I am sure the story will be great. One thing I think you should do is grab a beta reader and/or editor. The thing you seem to need some help with is continuity. Things like, he's in the bathroom and he's walking out that door talking and by the end of his sentence he's getting in her car. Little sentences to make the reader not feel like they are missing something are important. Something like 'we walked down the stairs and out the front door.' Then have him tell her he's driving. Also, is it that both of them are in a new place? The main character just moved there over the summer I gathered. Was the new kid the one that said he moved there a month ago too or did I misunderstand? Just try to read it over and make sure things don't jump from place to place or become unclear. Looking forward to getting to know both characters.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..