• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Hi BK. As promised I'm all caught up with A&O. It's late here (2:30 AM) so I'll save any extensive comments until later today. Suffice to say for now that A&O held my attention through every single chapter.

Hi BK. As promised I'm all caught up with A&O. It's late here (2:30 AM) so I'll save any extensive comments until later today. Suffice to say for now that A&O held my attention through every single chapter.

Thanks a ton, Gary... :) If everything goes well, chapter 9 should be out this Thursday.

Name? Some Fun, More Problems.

Thanks a ton, Gary... :) If everything goes well, chapter 9 should be out this Thursday.

Name? Some Fun, More Problems.

I have to wait until Thursday? Oh well. It's better to wait for a good chapter than rush it and wind up with something substandard.

These will be my only serious comments tonight.

I always admire it when an author takes a risk and experiments with a story that's atypical. The way you've dealt with religion has been one of the things that has held my interest. I'll expound on that later.

As an American I was uncomfortable with how you handled the 9/11 situation. But the more I read this the more I realize it's basically a sci-fi/fantasy story so you can be forgiven for taking some liberties that in a real world might be considered offensive; especially to Americans.

:)

I have to wait until Thursday? Oh well. It's better to wait for a good chapter than rush it and wind up with something substandard.

These will be my only serious comments tonight.

I always admire it when an author takes a risk and experiments with a story that's atypical. The way you've dealt with religion has been one of the things that has held my interest. I'll expound on that later.

As an American I was uncomfortable with how you handled the 9/11 situation. But the more I read this the more I realize it's basically a sci-fi/fantasy story so you can be forgiven for taking some liberties that in a real world might be considered offensive; especially to Americans.

:)

Thanks... :)

Actually, I wanted my first story to have some religion in it. And what better way to have a God as the protagonist??? ;)

I agree with you on the 9/11 situation. But you would have to keep in mind that these are a bunch of teenagers talking and not a wise, matured man like you. :)

Also, the story is not American. ;)

Chapter 9 has been written, but not typed. It has to go through the editing and beta process as well after that...

I agree with you on the 9/11 situation. But you would have to keep in mind that these are a bunch of teenagers talking and not a wise, matured man like you.

Thanks for not leaving out old, :)

Actually, I wanted my first story to have some religion in it. And what better way to have a God as the protagonist???

There's a lot more to it than that. Again, I'll save my comments until I wake up.

Also, the story is not American.

I am aware of that. Still, you have al of American fans for whom this is a delicate situation. Keeping it in the realm of sci-fi/fantasy helps a lot.

Now stop replying so I can get some sleep. :P

Thanks for not leaving out old, :)

Awww, you're not old.... You're as old as my dad!!! :P:P :P :P:P

There's a lot more to it than that. Again, I'll save my comments until I wake up.

I am aware of that. Still, you have al of American fans for whom this is a delicate situation. Keeping it in the realm of sci-fi/fantasy helps a lot.

Now stop replying so I can get some sleep. :P

All righto... See ya when you're refreshed. I'll go for lunch as well.

BK, I will send you any further comments via PM. I've already caused enough problems between me and Sacha via my stupidity and I don't want to risk doing the same here. I guess some things, for better or worse, are best left to PM. :)

BK, I will send you any further comments via PM. I've already caused enough problems between me and Sacha via my stupidity and I don't want to risk doing the same here. I guess some things, for better or worse, are best left to PM. :)

okies...

Upon reflection there really isn't any reason to keep my comments limited to PM.

I want to return to my comment about being an American and being uncomfortable with you writing about 9/11 and the other stuff that's started to surface in Chapter 8.

Sometimes we Americans think the whole world revolves around us. Clearly it does not! A story like A&O reminds me of that very well. Thanks for providing your perspective on the events of the world. It's good to read how people in other countries view and deal with the same issues we Americans are dealing with.

I also am wondering what others think about the American perspective and how BK is helping us deal with not really being as all-important as we tend to think we are.

Also, I don't think I've seen anyone mention this before. What do you all think about this gay relationship, how the gods seem to be alright with it, and how it seems to go against the tenets of most religions?

BTW, the next chapter is overdue! /nudge/nudge/ ;)

I'll get it out...it's written, but waiting to be typed...Can't find the time...have an exam in another 2 hours and another this Wednesday. Then I have the whole month free...no school.... Yaaay!!

OK you have me hooked up on your story now.... how am I suppossed to write stuff now ??!!

Really good job continue with that and that muse of yours better not go MIA again :P

Awww...thanks Jason... :) I'm sure you'll be able to write as well as read... :)

OK you have me hooked up on your story now.... how am I suppossed to write stuff now ??!!

Really good job continue with that and that muse of yours better not go MIA again :P

A&O has a way of grabbing hold of you and then you wind up pestering BK to make Beastie work harder to get the next chapter out. :)

A&O has a way of grabbing hold of you and then you wind up pestering BK to make Beastie work harder to get the next chapter out. :)

Patience Gary... The first edit has been returned to me and I have sent it for second edit. I must point out that Jan is quite punctual and fast in his job (Thanks to him) otherwise it would be ages to get the whole process done... :)

Thanks Jan...

And another mention needs to go to Bondwriter, who has been helping me with this story right from the start. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't even be writing. Thank you Francois. :)

BeaStKid :devil:

Upon reflection there really isn't any reason to keep my comments limited to PM.

I want to return to my comment about being an American and being uncomfortable with you writing about 9/11 and the other stuff that's started to surface in Chapter 8.

Sometimes we Americans think the whole world revolves around us. Clearly it does not! A story like A&O reminds me of that very well. Thanks for providing your perspective on the events of the world. It's good to read how people in other countries view and deal with the same issues we Americans are dealing with.

I also am wondering what others think about the American perspective and how BK is helping us deal with not really being as all-important as we tend to think we are.

Also, I don't think I've seen anyone mention this before. What do you all think about this gay relationship, how the gods seem to be alright with it, and how it seems to go against the tenets of most religions?

Gary already convinced me I should read A&O. Actually, convince isn't the right word- I had always been interested in this story, just by reading the summary. Great summary of the story btw. I suck at summaries and I always worry about sounding too cliched. Anyway, I was worried about not getting the whole fantasy thing, but based upon what he said and this last post, I am really eager to read it!

I definitely love fantasy stories that still touch upon current topics and events or real feelings and emotions. Harry potter is a great example of fantasy that is relatable- the whole not fitting in thing or doing the right thing.

Anyway, to add to Gary's comments: Us Americans are very self-involved and even though we have it great compared to many other countries, we are still complaining about something. My Dad showed me an amazing article, and I wish I had it to post! We tend to think of ourselves, but in truth, we are in the center of things, so whatever happens in the US, it does have some sort of effect around the world. We're all apart of this world, and a ripple in the US/N.America, will ripple across the world as well.

I don't know where I was going with this. I tend to ramble when it comes to talking about politics and international relations. :D

I'm going to read your story! And keep like a character and plot cheat sheet. I'm actually not that great a reader. I have to concentrate because my brain likes to fall off track. :wacko:

Gary already convinced me I should read A&O. Actually, convince isn't the right word- I had always been interested in this story, just by reading the summary. Great summary of the story btw. I suck at summaries and I always worry about sounding too cliched. Anyway, I was worried about not getting the whole fantasy thing, but based upon what he said and this last post, I am really eager to read it!

I definitely love fantasy stories that still touch upon current topics and events or real feelings and emotions. Harry potter is a great example of fantasy that is relatable- the whole not fitting in thing or doing the right thing.

Anyway, to add to Gary's comments: Us Americans are very self-involved and even though we have it great compared to many other countries, we are still complaining about something. My Dad showed me an amazing article, and I wish I had it to post! We tend to think of ourselves, but in truth, we are in the center of things, so whatever happens in the US, it does have some sort of effect around the world. We're all apart of this world, and a ripple in the US/N.America, will ripple across the world as well.

I don't know where I was going with this. I tend to ramble when it comes to talking about politics and international relations. :D

I agree Tiff. Anything that happens in N.America creates ripples. But then, that is true for every major country in this world and not just for US. :)

I'm going to read your story! And keep like a character and plot cheat sheet. I'm actually not that great a reader. I have to concentrate because my brain likes to fall off track. :wacko:

lol...I'm the same. In fact, I have a character list in front of me every time I sit down to write the next chapter. And, I have a print version of all the chapters as well, to make sure that I do not write something contradictory to a previously mentioned fact and that I'm am consistent with the plot. :)

I've been working on one for Tim's Dark Earth trilogy. Oy! Talk about an abundance of characters. And some of them have two names. Their actual name and a code name that's only used in battles. Hehe...even Tim messed up on one character's name. But only one. And it was early on before he decided to change the name of the character.

Working as a beta-reader/editor on so many projects I'm finding I need a character cheat sheet just so I can keep all the characters from all the different stories straight.

Edited by GaryInMiami
I've been working on one for Tim's Dark Earth trilogy. Oy! Talk about an abundance of characters. And some of them have two names. Their actual name and a code name that's only used in battles. Hehe...even Tim messed up on one character's name. But only one. And it was early on before he decided to change the name of the character.

Working as a beta-reader/editor on so many projects I'm finding I need a character cheat sheet just so I can keep all the characters from all the different stories straight.

Yeah...I have character sheets for the two round-robins I am a part of and for every story that I write. :)

Hmmm. Ryan wasn't given the manual on How To Be a God. It seems he might trigger some discussion and firefighting in Heaven. Great story, I hope 10 is on its way.

The Talon Express? Seems like a reference to something I know of, just can't pinpoint what or whom...