Err...Help? Once again...

My daughter's new laptop decided all on its own to go into hibernation. She swears she didn't click anything. So how do I get it out of hibernation???

Sharon

Generally, it should start up again after you close and reopen it. You may have to press on the start button again.

To change the hibernation options, just go the the power-management option section (if it's a Windows machine, and decide when or if you want to have it go into hibernation at all.)

rec

My daughter's new laptop decided all on its own to go into hibernation. She swears she didn't click anything. So how do I get it out of hibernation???

Sharon

You should be able to just power it back up.

Some things to check:

1) Does it turn on when it's plugged in? (I'm serious)

2) Is the Battery pushed in all the way?

You should be able to just power it back up.

Some things to check:

1) Does it turn on when it's plugged in? (I'm serious)

2) Is the Battery pushed in all the way?

You should consider a profession change and become a Dell Tech Support Representative. A few questions you should also ask:

3) Turn it off and turn it on.

4) Are you sure you're pressing the power button?

5) Does the outlet with the cord plugged in work? :wacko:

Okay - I've got it. Apparently her idea of pressing the power button differs from mine. :blink: Oh and I immediately disabled the hibernation mode so we won't have this problem again. :lol:

Thanks for your help !!

Sharon

I had a similar problem when I first got my laptop. After finagling with it and panicking, thinking I just broke my brand new $2300.00 laptop, I remembered one key thing. It's a laptop... the battery does not last forever... it needs to be plugged in... and I hate actually being blonde, LOL.