Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

BeaStKid

Am I the only one who wishes that she had omitted the epilogue? Among other things it reduces Harry to a boring suburbanite. :blink:

:o I LOVED the epilogue!!! I've read it about 4-5 times trying to figure out how old each of the kids were, and if what year Victoire must have been since Teddy must have just been out of school. The interaction between Albus Severus & James.

I also think the last line puts out hope for a sequel :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also loved the epilogue.

Oh, and since I can't think of anywhere better to put these links:

Mock the Week: Rejected Harry Potter Lines

Mock the Week: Unlikely Harry Potter Lines (contains unlikely Tannoy Announcements first)

The Harry Potter section of the second link starts just after the 2 minute mark, but the first section is funny anyway :P

Regarding the Sword of Gryffindor and the Sorting Hat...well as soon as I read the part about Voldemort summoning the Sorting Hat and placing it on Neville's head, I knew it was going to be Neville destroying the last Horcrux in Nagini, using the Sword of Gryffindor. Re-reading the second book, Dumbledore says that the Sword will always appear for a 'true Gryffindor', and Neville is as true a Gryffindor as Harry. In fact, so was Seamus even though we really didn't see much of him. (Remember Neville's line about Seamus looking worse, and story about what Seamus did? He was as much a Gryffindor as anyone).

Oh, and Colin Creevey's death, well I like it a lot. It's always the eager ones, the bright-eyed kids who are rushing into places they shouldn't go that die, and that was Colin Creevey. I shudder every time I see someone like that join the military, because well, they'll be lucky to come back from combat alive.

As for the epilogue, well it wasn't Harry and Draco at the end so I was a little disappointed, but the Albus Severus/Scorpius slash stories are just dying to be written!!!!

As for the epilogue, well it wasn't Harry and Draco at the end so I was a little disappointed, but the Albus Severus/Scorpius slash stories are just dying to be written!!!!

There's something about 'Harder Albus Severus...' that is inherently very sexy :blink:

Please, someone write a Fanfic (good one, not plain sex). God, I so love them. The epilogue was .... WOW!

I second that...and since Dan has raised his hands as far as fan-fics are concerned...Myr!!! Could you??? lol

Concerning JKRowling's attitude to slash fanfics, I think she actually made a few winks to those fans in the last two books. The 6th Book, Malfoy had a big part and Harry was completely obsessed with him and at some point, it was told that he enjoyed having power over Malfoy (when he realized Draco was in the Room of Requirements and couldn't get out because Harry was there). I laughed at that because I thought it was JK's way of a wink to those fans who love the Harry/Draco slash. And in the 7th Book, the scene where Harry saves Draco has the latter holding onto Harry for dear life, can you imagine that on film? It's nothing"gay" but has Draco ever held onto Harry like that, ever? ;)

And also, Lupin's werewolf status is basically a play on the "homosexual". He is fired from the School in Book 3 (I think) because parents were "outraged" that a "werewolf" was teaching their children.

Finally, Dumbledore and Grindelwalt (sp?) relationship can be seen as ambiguous.

So, no, I don't think J.K.R. is homophobic at all. She may have her own vision of families, romances, and stuff, but I doubt she dislikes the slash fans, etc. Also, the first 4 books, at least, are aimed at children. This is, after all, a children's book series, though the last three are of a more mature level, but at the base, it is still a kids' book, so having themes such as homosexuality, or even bisexuality explicitly in the text would cause censorship and stuff. It is a sad fact of today's society...

Anywayz, I did enjoy the book. I really like the character of Voldemort, because of his rich background especially. I loved book 6 because of the backstory we got of Voldemort. He's a despicable character, and is pretty much the Hilter of the Harry Potter world, but a well written character nonetheless.

Rowling did hint that she might write more Harry Potter stuff, but not anytime soon and it would be for charity.

• 2 months later...
By the end of this week-end???

I just completed it! God, it's amazing and you can't guess who dies? I'll tell you... Should I? I read it in 10hr 30 min. Yeah, i never read it! I devour it!

Have you noticed gay materials in the story? Perhaps, I'm beinga bit too paranoid but I think there must have been something between Grindelwald and Dumbledore? Ok, it can be just my very fertile imagination. :P

I really missed the school stuff and certain characters. But having them discovering the Horcruxes was not bad too.

I really enjoyed it!!! :worship:

I was damn right!!!!!!!!

Yes, look into the black-highlighted area and behold what Ieshwar, the Seer had predicted!!! Just after the first read! **does his winning dance**

I was the first to find this! :D:D :D

Ieshwar B)

I was damn right!!!!!!!!

Yes, look into the black-highlighted area and behold what Ieshwar, the Seer had predicted!!! Just after the first read! **does his winning dance**

I was the first to find this! :D:D :D

Ieshwar B)

Uh, by any chance does the Seer have a set of 5 numbers (1 to 47) plus 1 mega number (1 to 27) for me that will be winners in the California lottery? B)

Colin B)

Now, I don't think I'm a Seer. I just realised that I got a gaydar! :lmao: One which works only in HarryPotter land! <_<

If ever you get lost in Hogwarts and want a nice bf, call me! :D

Ieshwar