Board Stats

Eddy

Our members have made a total of 78,240 posts

We have 4,209 registered members

The newest member is tamaraicia2

Most users ever online was 449 on June 27 2007, 01:12 AM

Was looking at the above just now and came to a complete stop when I saw the time stamp for "most on line".

Seems to me that would not be one of my first choices -- the 27th was a Wednesday night, after all!!!! Once again, not one of my first choices for a 1:15AM surge -- Saturday or Sunday would seem to fit better.

Next question is -- In which time zone was that event recorded? :blink: :wacko:

Inquiring mind needs to know, don't you know --LOL

Most of those were guests, there were days that we had many times the number of guests, than we had registered members.

Kinda strange really.

• Site Administrator

A good percentage of them would've been bots of some sort. Unfortunately, you can't easily tell the difference between a real person and a robot program -- both issue HTML requests to view a page. I've noticed over the last few months that there seem to be a vast expansion of bots on the internet. Some are legitimate (eg. the search engine spiders) and some are not-so-legitimate (spam-bots looking for a place to make a spam registration or an open forum to make a spam post). The later seem to be expanding in volume :(

• Site Administrator
Anyone could really be a bot? *eyes Graeme suspiciously* :ph34r:

Yep! After all, do you really believe an echidna can use a computer?

Yep! After all, do you really believe an echidna can use a computer?

Well, yes, well enough to posts thousandS of times, and write some wonderful stories too. :ph34r:

• Site Moderator

Personally, I don't hold much stock in that number. At the time of this posting, there is 11 visitors at my site. But when I look, only myself and two others show up on the list, a yahoo bot and guest.

Because of spamming that was going on. I had to take drastic measures to stop it and when it happens now, the ip gets banned from The House.

Jan

Off topic but...

Ya think I could get an echidna for a pet? Do they make good pets? They're so adorable and tiny and spiny and cute... think I could house train one? Hm... it'd be cool, anyway.

• Site Administrator

According to The Australian Wonder Book of Knowledge, echidna's make interesting pets.

I'm unable to track down the legalities of keeping an echidna as a pet, though. I strongly suspect there are strict export controls in place on shipping live echidnas overseas.

He's so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one. :( I'd like to be able to pet it, though. Dunno, maybe if I raised it from the time it was a baby it would let me scratch its tummy or something so I don't get quilled. That's another thing, I wonder if they end up loyal and affectionate like dogs or cats do. I suppose one day when I get rich I'll smuggle me a baby echidna over here... then I'll pet it and squeeze it and hug it and call it George. :D