MESSAGE BOARD TOPIC #39

There was a time...long looooong ago...when I used to go to sleep at night, and not stop by Nifty to find out what was going on there! Hehehe! Very true! :)

I can remember finding that place like it was yesterday. I remember the thrill, the acceptance, the...amazement. FINALLY...the kinda stories that applied to ME! I won't lie, I nearly 'broke my euipment' in the first month of finding that catalog of erotic teen stories! Hehehe! And those stories truly changed my life! But there were a couple that really stood out for me back then. Some that just...'grabbed' me and made me believe that there was something more to these stories than sex and cute boys. I still keep a piece of those stories with me, and they inspire everything I write, and everything I do. I applaud them...for giving me a true idea of what it is to write something powerful, something that makes a difference. And I always hope, with every story I write, that I do them justice.

The question this week is...

=What was the first story you read that brought you into this world of online erotic fiction?=

Whether you're reading it or writing it, try to think back to when you FIRST found stories like these and how they made you feel. How did it evolve? Why do you think you're drawn to it? What stories, early on, made you want to sit down and become a part of the incredible community that we have here, or on my website, or on any number of other websites? How did they change you, and what stories made it happen?

The board is open! Let us here what you've got! :)

:D

The first one I came across was Charlie's 'Kenny'. It made me realise that there was gay fiction out there that wasn't all 'wham bam, thank you ma'me!'

I hadn't even discovered Nifty at that time, and I think it was the mention of Nifty at the bottom of the story, or maybe it was Chatlie's reply personally that made me aware of it, and made me wonder if I could write anything like that.

I'd never tried anything of the sort before. I remember hating writing compositions or stories at school for homework. I used to hate writing letters too! After getting a computer however all that changed. I didn't mind typing for practice.

I became a kind of 'penpal' friend with a guy in Hereford, about 160 miles away, and I started sending him email. Eventually I started writing my life experiences for him since he was still a virgin.

Charlie's writing inspired me a lot I can tell you, and it was the emotional content of his writing that made it that much more special for me. It made me careful to include the same sort of ting in my own writing.

Well Daryl - that was his name - said he loved it, so I thought maybe I'd go the whole way and write a complete story, which I did.

But I must give thanks to Charlie for the inspiration which poked me in the ribs and got me off my literary backside, to get on with it! :lol:

This may sound ironic - but it was "Gone From Daylight" which really grabbed me and made me realize what the storyline can really be if you try. I STILL strive to get close to the impact of GFD; one of these days I Might manage to write a chapter that meets the high standards which GFD set.

"New Kid In School" only had four chapters when I first found it way back in 1998. The rotten scheming author broke up the perfect couple and I about had a meltdown... prompting me to contact afore-mentioned scheming author in 1999.

I think I was in fanfiction.net when I first read my erotic story, at first I was kinda confused on what was going on (I was young at the time, too naive), and then when I did figure it out, at first I felt kinda bad for reading it, and then I thought my parents might be able to take one look at me and the just know what I read, it was like they would suddenly learn telepathy and know I read something like that. I was a nervous wreck for at least two days. (I was about 13)

I think reading half the stories has helped me open up to concepts and such. I mean, there are still a few stories out there that will make me cringe, but not as many as there used to be. I'm really happy that I've found half of them, and my b/f actually admitted that when he heard that I wrote Yaoi lemons it made him like me even more. So I'd like to think they helped me become more open.

So yeah :P

Hello all,

Am a new member to the site and thought i would say hello here first and then answer the question. The first story that really touched me is a hard one because i have read so many and many of them are just not remeorable but right now the one that comes to mind the most is on off of TheGlassOnion called Journey Of Love it is one of the few stories that really had me into tears by the time i was done reading it

I don't remember the "first" story I found on the net. I do remember finding "TeenBoy Authors" and my life has never been the same. Thanks to all the authors then and now.

Edited by clay49

Actually, the very frist story I read was one of yours, Comicality. I don't remember exactly which one it was, though. But you are the one who got me to write my own stories, because I wanted to see if I could write something that had the ability to make anyone feel the way I felt when I finished yours.

Julien :worship:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive only been exploring Nifty for a year or so, and found this place about a month ago, and Ive been readign up a storm since. I must say I like it better here, it brought me outa my shell... Broken equipment... that brought a smile to my face.

The very first story that really touched me, was without a doubt In Skaters Time by writersrelmmm. dont plan to forget it.

~Umbathri

the bearer of the mask

• 2 weeks later...

The first stories that I can honestly remember reading, the ones that truly inspired me to start writing stuff of my own, were the Hansons story from Dean Lidster, the 'Real World Hanson' from Jaxsper Finn, the stories by an author named Savoir Faire, and maybe a few others. I think I remember those as being the stories that really gave me that 'feeling' inside. That really made me want to write stuff of my own! And I'm forever grateful to each and every last one of them. I truly am. :)

Oh God, wow, the first...**thinking back** Ah, Yes! It was something I stumbled upon when I was about 13 on some random, long since abandoned blog, I remember it was called "Jason and Me" but I forget the name of the site. It was sexless but extremely romantic. It made me feel lonely after reading about the sort of connection that two people can share, but it was a happy sort of lonely. If that makes sense. Anyway, after becoming an enthusiast and finding a few more stories on a few more independent sites I discovered Nifty, which blew my mind, even if you do have to dig through a lot of low-grade erotica to find the good stuff. Comicality came in somewhere after Nifty which in turn led my to GA in general.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..