Sexy accents

Tiger

Sexy Accents  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is the sexiest accent on the planet?

• French
    • Italian
    • Spanish
    • Irish
    • German
    • Indian
    • Other (Please specify in the forum)

All these people saying "British" accents... really, there are a lot. And they are different. A scouse accent is completely different from a northerner accent. And both are different from the west country accent ('farmer accent')

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people saying "British" accents... really, there are a lot. And they are different. A scouse accent is completely different from a northerner accent. And both are different from the west country accent ('farmer accent')

I noticed that when I watched a British reality tv show. Some of the accents are difficult to understand.

What do you mean no accent?! There's always an accent, except for the person who's speaking it. :) So while you may not find any accent in a fellow Phillipino, you may find a big accent in an Indian!! :P

Actually from my experience the deaf sound the same no matter where you go. But maybe that doesn't count.

Actually from my experience the deaf sound the same no matter where you go. But maybe that doesn't count.

yep, Hollaburoo has a point, but maybe he meant the mutes, they do sound more or less the same, but even there, deaf do make some noise.

To a certain extent everyone has a different accent, a different way of speech.

yep, Hollaburoo has a point, but maybe he meant the mutes, they do sound more or less the same, but even there, deaf do make some noise.

To a certain extent everyone has a different accent, a different way of speech.

Speech patterns are both individual and cultural.

What do you mean no accent?! There's always an accent, except for the person who's speaking it. :) So while you may not find any accent in a fellow Phillipino, you may find a big accent in an Indian!

I meant by the book LOL. Dictionary pronunciation or whatever you call it. (The way it's mostly spoken in mainstream movies) Yes, there is a certain difference in the way it's spoken. But very minor. It's why the Philippines is getting to be one of the main outsourcing centers of Call Centers, second to India.

And come on, Indian accents are very distinctive in the cadence of the delivery. ;) (take Kumar's example when he parodies it in Harold and Kumar Goes to White Castle)

One comment I've heard from 'balikbayans' (overseas workers who come home during holidays and stuff) is that the prevalence of accents make it VERY difficult to understand English as it is spoken by its native speakers. LOL. Kinda funny if you think of it actually.

And yes Zapp, filipinos adopt western accents very easily once they're living abroad. An effort to fit in or something (We're adapt quite easily to different cultures anyway, heh). Also a filipino with an accent on his english back here is regarded as attractive simply for the fact that he/she is hinting at being rich enough to go abroad. LOL

I meant by the book LOL. Dictionary pronunciation or whatever you call it. (The way it's mostly spoken in mainstream movies) Yes, there is a certain difference in the way it's spoken. But very minor. It's why the Philippines is getting to be one of the main outsourcing centers of Call Centers, second to India.

And come on, Indian accents are very distinctive in the cadence of the delivery. ;) (take Kumar's example when he parodies it in Harold and Kumar Goes to White Castle)

Movies tend to overexaggerate accents. If you listen to most southern accents, they are nothing like the trashy accents depicted in movies. The same can be said of Indian accents as well as Chinese and Japanese accents. Still, they are distinct.

You know what's kind of surprised me? Usually there's one or two who're enamored with a Southern accent for some reason. :P Personally, I can't stand my accent. When I hear myself in a recording, I think "Oh god, do I really sound like that?" and then I over-enunciate my I's for the rest of the day. :P

Mine, however, is very light. If I'm speaking to someone born and raised in the South, they usually tend to believe that I wasn't born and raised here. If you wanna hear the really good accent, piss me off sometime and listen to me yell. :P

I need to learn to read the whole post before writing a reply, lol. I just made a post asking if you had a cute accent, lol.

*Idiot of the day award goes to me*

Also a filipino with an accent on his english back here is regarded as attractive simply for the fact that he/she is hinting at being rich enough to go abroad. LOL

Same goes for Indians... :)

Movies tend to overexaggerate accents. If you listen to most southern accents, they are nothing like the trashy accents depicted in movies. The same can be said of Indian accents as well as Chinese and Japanese accents. Still, they are distinct.

Seconded! The Indian accent portrayed in movies like Guru are so fake. The movie Bride and Prejudice shows a correct Indian accent. As well as the movie, Bend it Like Beckham. :)

BeaStKid

filipinos adopt western accents very easily once they're living abroad. An effort to fit in or something (We're adapt quite easily to different cultures anyway, heh). Also a filipino with an accent on his english back here is regarded as attractive simply for the fact that he/she is hinting at being rich enough to go abroad. LOL

I'll have to disagree, I think it depends on the age of the person. Younger people usually adapt the accents, but people over 15 or much older usually retain a strong filipino accent. My parents, uncles, & aunts have lived in the U.S. for 30+ years and they all sound like they're fresh off the boat (FOBs) :D

LOL i picked French im Biased what can i say. When your name is Mathieu you have to pick french lol. But it only sounds sexy with certian words like "Ma Petite" "J'taime" & "Voulez Vous Couchez avec moi?" LOL (actually no the last one sounds so bad since thats like the only french most people know). I can read french really good typing it or writing it is another story. Talking it i used to be really good at then when i went to highschool there was only the 1 french class which i made sure to pick Academic to piss off my father and his family. They are the whole french side and get so mad that i do not speak french to them, I ended up getting a 93% in that class. Having went on a trip to quebec one year when i was 16 to go visit relatives and nearly getting run over by a really hot guy on a scooter as i was walking past this graveyard in St Narcissus(i think that was the name of the town) to go to the corner store. Then in Montreal on the highway everyone drives SUPER FAST bumper to bumper i was sure i was going to die that weekend. The best was going swimming in i think the St Laurent beside a catholic school with the really hot guys in uniform. If my family would have decided to stay there for good i wouldnt have argued it was bliss. LOL

LOL i picked French im Biased what can i say. When your name is Mathieu you have to pick french lol. But it only sounds sexy with certian words like "Ma Petite" "J'taime" & "Voulez Vous Couchez avec moi?" LOL (actually no the last one sounds so bad since thats like the only french most people know). I can read french really good typing it or writing it is another story. Talking it i used to be really good at then when i went to highschool there was only the 1 french class which i made sure to pick Academic to piss off my father and his family. They are the whole french side and get so mad that i do not speak french to them, I ended up getting a 93% in that class. Having went on a trip to quebec one year when i was 16 to go visit relatives and nearly getting run over by a really hot guy on a scooter as i was walking past this graveyard in St Narcissus(i think that was the name of the town) to go to the corner store. Then in Montreal on the highway everyone drives SUPER FAST bumper to bumper i was sure i was going to die that weekend. The best was going swimming in i think the St Laurent beside a catholic school with the really hot guys in uniform. If my family would have decided to stay there for good i wouldnt have argued it was bliss. LOL

I definitely need to go to Quebec as soon as possible. I love accents. I remember the character, Michael Samuel, from La Femme Nikita. His voice and accent were such a sexy combination. He was also really hot. It's too bad he's a breeder. :P

LOL La Femme Nikita used to be my dads favorite show back when it came out so much in fact that he wanted to name my sister Nikita. My mom of course said No and that we were not german or russian. My sister is now 19 and still argues with my mother that she should have let dad name her Nikita. There are so many names that sound so good with a french accent like Roger or George. It must be the way us french people roll our tongues to make them R's cuz we got that fliar or something. With names without a R in them i like Phillippe or Nathaniel or Johnathan. My sister is dating a guy who is french named Jonatan lol i always think of bunnies when i say his name im all like "Jonatan la lupin" (i think i spelt bunny wrong) its not my favorite animal in french anways! Its a kitty of course! Minou or Minet. Especially when you throw Ma in front of that. DAMN now i need to move to quebec to and get me a french boyfriend that way i can say to dad when he will hate my choice even more "Well at least he's french" LMAO

I admit, this is sort of off topic... but not by much!

My friend and I were discussing the relative merits of "I love you"s in different languages. If you extrapolate that into accents... I must go with French. "Je t'aime" is beautiful. I rather like "Ich liebe dich," even though there's a bit too much tongue action. Sadly, "I love you" is kind of bland. I don't really like Finnish ("mina rakastan sinua"), and I've heard (please correct me if I'm wrong) that in Spanish it's "te quiero"... isn't that more like "I want you"?? Isn't that a bit crude? But, well, it's honest.

:wub:

Ummm in spanish I love you is "ti amo" or some people will argue here and say that is "te amo" LOL Je t'aime is even more beatiful when you through in beacoup right in front of that. LOL te quiero may sound crude but at least it gets right to the point and no mushy bs its raw and says exactly what it needs to say. LOL now that you brought up sayings in spanish i cannot stop singing this cher song called Dove L'amore especiially this part "non c`e nessuno bello come te e ti amo" which means there is no other love to take your place or match the beauty of your face. LOL im looking at the other options i dont know anyone with a irish accent so i cant say if its sexy or not. German to me always sounds angry. Italian i really liked back when i was living in the west end of this city and it was a small italian neighbourhood i was 17 and basically had to pretend to be italian to be accept by my 1 ex boyfriends parents they were like "Are you italian?" and my ex look at me and im like "Yep" and started introducing myself as Matteo lol. Everybody i knew had really long last names and such pretty ones at that. The kind you want to marry. LOL we had some fantasies of that. *inserts giggles* It was awesome when people would say Ciao Bella. I just love there family's it had like a sense of belonging and everyone was all nice and warm.(prolly wasnt like that when i wasnt there). 1 of my friends dads called me a countessa as i was outside in no shoes or socks bringing in groceries. I thought he called me something else(you know what) then i learnt that it meant a woman who was barefoot and pregnant. I dont know if the man knew i was dating his son or not and i wouldnt have wanted to start anything but i thought inside my head "Me and your son cant have babies" After i broke up with my ex we didnt really find the accents sexy anymore lol.

I dont know if the man knew i was dating his son or not and i wouldnt have wanted to start anything but i thought inside my head "Me and your son cant have babies" After i broke up with my ex we didnt really find the accents sexy anymore lol.

LMAO

You could be an awesome storyteller!

I agree 'Je t'aime' makes me tingle everywhere. :P 'Te quiero' too.

'Ti amo' is actually Italian, but I don't pretend to be an expert since there are a lot of variations within Spanish - Castilian (with the distinctive 'th' sound for 'z'), Catalan, Galician, etc.

'Te amo' is too formal for everyday use. :P It's like saying 'I loveth thee' in English. LOL

This is slightly off topic, but I really love music in Spanish. "Si Volvieras a Mi" is one of the most beautiful songs in existence. The song is about being heartbroken. The chorus begins with, "Ay si volvieras a mi, encenderia el sol mil primaveras." This loosely translates to, "If you come back to me, the sun will move through a thousand springtimes." The imagery and poetry of this piece are astounding.

In speech, French reigns supreme, but French does not compare to the lyrical prowess of Italian and Spanish.

This is slightly off topic, but I really love music in Spanish. "Si Volvieras a Mi" is one of the most beautiful songs in existence. The song is about being heartbroken. The chorus begins with, "Ay si volvieras a mi, encenderia el sol mil primaveras." This loosely translates to, "If you come back to me, the sun will move through a thousand springtimes." The imagery and poetry of this piece are astounding.

In speech, French reigns supreme, but French does not compare to the lyrical prowess of Italian and Spanish.

Uhoh you might have a disagreement with Frenchcanadian over that. :P I think french can be quite lovely when sung.

Then in Montreal on the highway everyone drives SUPER FAST bumper to bumper i was sure i was going to die that weekend.

OMG, We don't really drive that fast,,, alright maybe I was driving in ontario, I was used to driving a good 120, my dad warn me, to slow down and wait till we're back in Quebec. :P anyhow,, that was off topic, but I felt like I needed to defend myself, :P

I admit, this is sort of off topic... but not by much!

My friend and I were discussing the relative merits of "I love you"s in different languages. If you extrapolate that into accents... I must go with French. "Je t'aime" is beautiful. I rather like "Ich liebe dich," even though there's a bit too much tongue action. Sadly, "I love you" is kind of bland. I don't really like Finnish ("mina rakastan sinua"), and I've heard (please correct me if I'm wrong) that in Spanish it's "te quiero"... isn't that more like "I want you"?? Isn't that a bit crude? But, well, it's honest.

:wub:

I gotta say that I do love to hear "te quiero", it sounds so sweet. But really, a "Je t'aime" or a "I love you" is always nice to hear.

sacha

I'm from New York, they drive just as fast there as in Montreal, so I didn't notice the difference. And if you think Montreal is fast, come to Michigan where the speed limit is 70. You can imagine how fast they go on the highway. :lol: