Gay Music

FrenchCanadian

Hmmm... I like Enya and Yanni... I think I once saw a movie where they commented that "he's gay, coz he likes Yanni forchrissakes". LOL Can't remember which one tho... might have been TV too.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I didn't want people to start thinking that, um, you're more camp than you really are. :lol:0:)

Haha I can make a videoclip. :lol:

Oh ya of course,,, I'm in no way camp,,, I just can act like it when i'm asked, lol and not in big crowed

lol

and shame, you wouldn't be able to post the video clip on here so no use, shame, B)

Oh ya of course,,, I'm in no way camp,,, I just can act like it when i'm asked, lol and not in big crowed

lol

and shame, you wouldn't be able to post the video clip on here so no use, shame, B)

Haha I'm sure I could just email it to the interested parties.

lol

That's what youtube links are for :)

Hmmm... I like Enya and Yanni... I think I once saw a movie where they commented that "he's gay, coz he likes Yanni forchrissakes". LOL Can't remember which one tho... might have been TV too.

Oh my, don't get me started on Enya, I love Enya and even participate in her forum (well, used to). Lets just say there was a thread on Enya and homosexual men, and now discussing sexuality and politics is forbidden on the forum.

Also I noticed Imogen Heap is generally popular as "gay music." My cousin and I love her, and when I bought her CD this gay (I'm assuming) guy was raving about her, and the woman that was checking me out gave me a little smirk.

Personally though, I don't think there is a genre of music that is "gay music," just like there is not a certian dress that is "gay dress." Sure it may be stereotypical, but I don't think it should be called gay music, or gay dress.

Of course I generally like what might be generalised as "gay music." I always got teased about it in high school.

Cracked me up! :lol:

As far as entertainers, I'm surprised no one mentioned Rufus Wainwright. He's a rising star and gay.

I'm more mellow - it's a generational thing - and listen to MOR entertainers like Josh Grobin (who, if you read the Bulge Report, has a lot going for him besides music), Michael Buble and Harry Connick, Jr. In jazz, Diane Schuur and and Diana Krall ring my chimes.

But my real passion is classical symphony music. I usually listen to FM stations - KUSC in LA, and Classic FM in London - while I'm reading or writing. And I'm very fortunate to live in a small community that offers a live concert series during the winter season. This year, the orchestras include the Royal Phil, LA Phil, and the Czech Phil among others.

I don't have the gay opera gene, however. Been there; tried that.

Jack B)

Ah, I have the gay opera gene. And I have it bad.

Also, aren't musicals in general considered gay? I mean, musical theatre should be packed with gay people -- theatre in general should be. (haha -- 'should' :sheep: ) And isn't Sondheim gay?

For me, there's something about the otherness of the presentation of the music (ie the 'distorted' voices, having it all on stage, in a story) that actually emphasizes emotions that are extremely personal. There's more artistry and less pretense. :P

Besides all things classical, I like Enya, Madonna, and ABBA. I must have the gayest musical taste in the world. :blink:

Ah, I have the gay opera gene. And I have it bad.

Also, aren't musicals in general considered gay? I mean, musical theatre should be packed with gay people -- theatre in general should be. (haha -- 'should' :sheep: ) And isn't Sondheim gay?

For me, there's something about the otherness of the presentation of the music (ie the 'distorted' voices, having it all on stage, in a story) that actually emphasizes emotions that are extremely personal. There's more artistry and less pretense. :P

Besides all things classical, I like Enya, Madonna, and ABBA. I must have the gayest musical taste in the world. :blink:

Well I'll quote and will take my cousin word on that. she's in music school classical signing. "It's hard to find a bf in music school, as they're pretty much all gay."

Well I'll quote and will take my cousin word on that. she's in music school classical signing. "It's hard to find a bf in music school, as they're pretty much all gay."

Most straight men don't appreciate the beauty of classical music. It's quite sad really. :(