Deaf Commercial

Rakuten06

For the first time, there's a commercial that promotes deaf culture and also it will appears in pre-game telecast of the Super Bowl. so... here's the Youtube link to it.

Comments from you all??

I loved it!!, first it's nice to see a little of the "deaf culture" and it's such a nice idea, hunk till people open the light to see who it is, to find the one house that won't open the lights,, that's just fun

Yeah, that's a joke coming from the deaf community. So that's how it looks. When we had jokes, it was different from each other, Deaf Jokes, Hearing Jokes. Also... we, deaf people, are famous for good-bye using, which is ridiculously long. We kept signed to each other as we walk from each other until we finally end the talking.

If you like that commercial, then this clip is a very funny comparison of deaf and hearing driving ways. Performed by Keith Wann,

Very Funny!

Note: there is a song in this clip, but performed in ASL. If you don't understand the sign language, I apologize. But! at least you can try to understand the body language anyway!

Edited by Rakuten06

If you like that commercial, then this clip is a very funny comparison of deaf and hearing driving ways. Performed by Keith Wann,

Very Funny!

Note: there is a song in this clip, but performed in ASL. If you don't understand the sign language, I apologize. But! at least you can try to understand the body language anyway!

I actually do like that comedian, he's funny. Also, after having seen a few other clips from him, it's fun to see him make fun about the deaf culture in general (like the driving with the legs, or teaching other people bad things instead of the right sign)

Yeah, the people in the commercial wants to show a little of deaf culture to hearing people, so that's why they add subtitles to help the hearing people understand what they says...

But I'm not one of those hearing people. :P

I'm just hopelessly stupid with sign languages.

I just realized something kinda cool. It seems like with most disabilities, it's only the disabled who have to adjust to regular people. Like they have to learn how to do something new, or figure out a new method for something, but regular people don't have to reciprocate.

I like the way sign language confuses the hell out of the hearing. :P It just seems like it would be kind of empowering to know that, even though they can hear, you can do/understand something totally out of most hearing people's reach.

Maybe I'm just weird, but that struck me as a tad funny and delightful.

LOL. I actually turned the volume full up during the first part (see my dependence on hearing :rolleyes: ), thinking it had sound. That was funny! :lol:

P.S. There is a song in the clip? Where? :S The way the lady 'speaks'? (sorry, I'm an ignorant hearing person LOL :*) )

:lol: Nice.

Typical one guy is asking another one do you know here they live, almost looked like a couple.

LOL :lol: oh ya, that's so true, it's like an old couple arguing about who's fault is it that they left the house without taking note of the address. B):P I so can imagine my parents doing that, :P