A & F store and manager charged

Jack Scribe

I've seen worse on stained glass windows on churches. I'm very glad this was dropped, I mean don't we have bigger things to deal with then A&F ads that have always had half naked hotties in them? this thread has reminded me thats it been awhile since my last A&F shopping trip, too bad they don't sell these ads as posters...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, thanks for keeping in front of us the censorship that is at play in mainstream America. Traveling in Europe, even Central Europe, exposed flesh (particularly female anatomy) is not seen as inappropriately suggestive.

Jack, thanks for keeping in front of us the censorship that is at play in mainstream America. Traveling in Europe, even Central Europe, exposed flesh (particularly female anatomy) is not seen as inappropriately suggestive.

There always censorship where ever you go. Yes, in europe their mentality is different. They probably are more liberals when it comes to exposed flesh, I'll think about beaches where it won't be special to see ladies sunbathing topless. But, it's not all open to everything either. As they say, the grass is always greener on the neighbor's lawn.

There always censorship where ever you go. Yes, in europe their mentality is different. They probably are more liberals when it comes to exposed flesh, I'll think about beaches where it won't be special to see ladies sunbathing topless. But, it's not all open to everything either. As they say, the grass is always greener on the neighbor's lawn.

So what you mean is, it might just look greener because there's a topless girl laying on it? :P

This picture is actually one of their, erm, more tasteful ones. Still, i can't believe they thought they could get away with plastering that up on a store wall. (Of course, I think the picture is pretty great myself)

They often put such ads...often shirtless and bordering the jeans line right at the public hair for years and they're complaining now?

Yet they don't complain about the shirtless boys on the beach at Virginia Beach. :rolleyes:

The A&F store in the mall closest to where my home is not only has the posters, but on Friday nights and Saturdays they sometimes have live models. Not as um, dangerously unattired, but very sexy looking shirtless dudes, including one guy one time who was modeling boxers :2thumbs: ; I'm sure he had something under them, but it would have been fun to find out. :o Oh, yeah, dudettes too. :thumbup: The cops and DA in Virginia Beach would probably go apoplectic if the A&F did that there.

Colin B)

They often put such ads...often shirtless and bordering the jeans line right at the public hair for years and they're complaining now?

Yet they don't complain about the shirtless boys on the beach at Virginia Beach. :rolleyes:

The A&F store in the mall closest to where my home is not only has the posters, but on Friday nights and Saturdays they sometimes have live models. Not as um, dangerously attired, but very sexy looking shirtless dudes, including one guy one time who was modeling boxers :2thumbs: ; I'm sure he had something under them, but it would have been fun to find out. :o Oh, yeah, dudettes too. :thumbup: The cops and DA in Virginia Beach would probably go apoplectic if the A&F did that there.

Colin B)

We occasionally have models at the ones in Houston too.

The A&F store in the mall closest to where my home is not only has the posters, but on Friday nights and Saturdays they sometimes have live models. Not as um, dangerously attired, but very sexy looking shirtless dudes, including one guy one time who was modeling boxers :2thumbs: ; I'm sure he had something under them, but it would have been fun to find out. :o Oh, yeah, dudettes too. :thumbup: The cops and DA in Virginia Beach would probably go apoplectic if the A&F did that there.

Colin B)

aren't you supposed to have a boyfriend and more or less being married, colin :P hehe,

We occasionally have models at the ones in Houston too.

Oh dang, why haven't seen any in montreal yet,, I mean we're supposed to be high fashioned in montreal!!

But not in winter ;)

I don't even think men would go shirtless in the winter there. I don't even think I would go there without two sweaters, two pairs of socks, a heavy coat, a ski mask, some long underwear, and some seriously thick gloves.

I wouldn't bet on that one,,in fact I would bet against that one.

quebec is more liberal than the rest of canada,, and a woman running around topless in montreal would get arrested.

I actually heard about it on the news a long time ago. Actually there was this internet newscast my cousin was showing me. There was a reporter in Toronto reporting a story without a bra or shirt on. She said it was perfectly legal.

It's actually legal in New York as well, you can take your shirt off if you're a woman, so long as your intent isn't to be sexual. So for example at the gay pride parade when the dykes on bikes marches topless, no one gets arrested. I think the law is similar in California and a few other states. If you're making a political, artistic or scientific point in public, you can also make a free speech argument for full nudity, lol.

Edited by scoopny

It's actually legal in New York as well, you can take your shirt off if you're a woman, so long as your intent isn't to be sexual. So for example at the gay pride parade when the dykes on bikes marches topless, no one gets arrested. I think the law is similar in California and a few other states. If you're making a political, artistic or scientific point in public, you can also make a free speech argument for full nudity, lol.

There are some sick f***s in Berkely, CA who like to run around completely naked in parades. I've seen the pictures. I would pay these people to keep their clothes on. :wacko:

Ya, that is right, I can remember not that long ago when that photograph came in montreal to take pictures of nudes in montreal,, there was no problems,, so ya that makes sense,,, but if the intend is to be sexual,, that's another story

Ya, that is right, I can remember not that long ago when that photograph came in montreal to take pictures of nudes in montreal,, there was no problems,, so ya that makes sense,,, but if the intend is to be sexual,, that's another story

Whatever the intent, if anyone so much as removes a single piece of clothing anywhere in India (be it on screen or on streets) there will be a huge hue and cry!!

If anyone knows tennis sensation Sania Mirza and if anyone's seen her matches and the clothes she wears, you'd get the idea. Muslim clerics issued a fatwa against her name because of the clothes, or the lack of, she wore.

Personally, I'm glad that Venus/Serena Williams or for that matter Maria Sharapova are not Indian... :P

Edit:

Just remembered....there was a huge furore about a roadside poster of a man doing an advert for a company....why? He was in just an underwear..........doing an ad for an underwear company!!!

The spokesperson for that particular company said and I quote---> "If I run an underwear company and have to advertise it, i won't show people with sherwani's, would I?"

lol

aren't you supposed to have a boyfriend and more or less being married, colin :P hehe,

Doug :wub: and I are registered California Domestic Partners. He and I still enjoy occasional eye candy. :blink: But it's always Lookie, No Feelie for both of us. :lol:

Oh dang, why haven't seen any in montreal yet,, I mean we're supposed to be high fashioned in montreal!!

The closest A&F to Montreal is the one in Eaton Centre on Yonge St. in downtown Toronto. Long way to go for some eye candy!

Colin B)

The closest A&F to Montreal is the one in Eaton Centre on Yonge St. in downtown Toronto. Long way to go for some eye candy!

Duh...

Goddamn Toronto.

But Toronto doesn't have what Montreal has...like Simons!!! :wub: !

Just because we don't have A&F doesn't mean Montreal isn't high fashion. We don't need that expensive silly American prep as a requirement. Montrealers are too cool for that. hehe

Duh...

Goddamn Toronto.

Just because we don't have A&F doesn't mean Montreal isn't high fashion. We don't need that expensive silly American prep as a requirement. Montrealers are too cool for that. hehe

Exactly,, we don't need that to have high class street wear fashion. I mean the sense of fashion of montrealers is known across canada.

It's pretty well known that Montreal has a lot of high end fashion stores. It's definitely not a backwater. No A&F? That's probably a sign of good taste by you Canadians, LOL. I find A&F overpriced stuff you can find at the Gap. It's not as nice as Mexx.

It's pretty well known that Montreal has a lot of high end fashion stores. It's definitely not a backwater. No A&F? That's probably a sign of good taste by you Canadians, LOL. I find A&F overpriced stuff you can find at the Gap. It's not as nice as Mexx.

Mexx is nice, and not overly pricey, but their stuff falls apart. My favorite label (outside the really high-end haute couture designers, at least) is Club Monaco.

A&F gets points for having hot models, though. :lol:

Menzo

You know what I hate about A&F's models? They are so ridiculously white that when I walk into the store, I don't feel like staying because I'm surrounded by white guys. I know it's weird, but you know maybe they could mix it up a little? If you're gonna want me to buy your clothes, I've got to at least imagine myself wearing it.

Duh...

Goddamn Toronto.

I don't like A&F's clothes. The fit is wrong for my 6'2 height, and they are sort of ragged looking, and they are way too expensive. Just my opinion.

Colin B)

I don't like A&F's clothes. The fit is wrong for my 6'2 height, and they are sort of ragged looking, and they are way too expensive. Just my opinion.

Colin B)

Don't have A&F here... :P My favourite brand for clothes is Sportking followed by Duke...