Brett Favre Retires

Tim the Traveller

IDK about anyone else, But I've really enjoyed watching Brett Favre lead the Green Bay Packers for the last 16 years. He was a fresh quarterback aquired from Atlanta, Who had completed only 1 TD pass when GB got him(which happened to be to himself) back in 1992.

I was still in HS at the time, And I took a lot of shit for being a Packers fan in the middle of the Twin cities metro area.

Needless to say, I'd take it and more all over again for another 16 years if Brett would keep playing the game. But I can't say I blame him either, It's a physical game he has played almost until he is 40 years old.

So goodbye Brett, You are the best of the best of the best. Hopefully this Favre fan will still be interested in watching the NFL next year. It surely won't be the same. :,(

Aww. I liked him too. I would have liked seeing him end his career after a super bowl appearance, but eh, he had a great career anyway. :)

Better to retire on top than to to be wheeled off the field with a career ending injury like so many pro athletes.

Brett Farve is a Mississippian and we are very proud of him. We look forward to having him home.

Better to retire on top than to to be wheeled off the field with a career ending injury like so many pro athletes.

Brett Farve is a Mississippian and we are very proud of him. We look forward to having him home.

:( ........I'm sorry to see him go, but your right James, better to retire on top.

He was one of the very best QB there was in the league. In fact he was the first player that I could name the team he was playing for and in what position. :P

like it's been said. I'm happy that he chose to retire while still on top instead of waiting for too long

Brett Favre was definitely a great quarterback one of the best I've ever seen, I'm actually okay with how his season ended last year since I'm a Giants' fan. :whistle: The game between Green Bay and the Giants last January was one of the best football games I've ever watched.

Edited by scoopny

It truly is a sad week in Green Bay...

The whole thing really is bitter sweet. It is sad to see him go, he is just such an amazing QB. However, it is better that he retires now before he gets seriously injured.

I am also excited to see what Aaron Rodgers can do. I think that he will do well.

Favre will be missed, but he will never be forgotten.

I watched his news conference today, I cry easily anyway, but he had me going right along with him. I know that he is one of my favorite pro-ball players of all time. I don't really watch Pro sports, but Favre always grabbed my attention when he was playing over the years. I could tell that he was broken down about the decision, but I would rather him retire instead of get hurt, at least he can enjoy the accomplishments. I know football players that have been injured out of the sport don't get the financial stability they deserve. So it's good he left on his own terms.

Sports just need more gentlemen like him in there.. amongst all the scandals going around these days...