Reminiscence by BeaStKid

Okay, this one made me want to smile, then at the end cry. It tugged on the heartstrings. It was wonderfully written dear. :hug: I'm glad that I was able to read this, and eventually, I'll get around to the rest of your stories, promise.

Very short, but very nice. Well done, BeaStKid :)

Well, it was for a Flash Anthology. 200 word limit... :)

Thanks for the comments... :)

Okay, this one made me want to smile, then at the end cry. It tugged on the heartstrings. It was wonderfully written dear. :hug: I'm glad that I was able to read this, and eventually, I'll get around to the rest of your stories, promise.

I wanted to write something about remembrance as the Flash anthology for which this was written was coming out in celebration of that site's one year in existence. Rather, I cam out with this... Silly muse... :lol: But I love it... :)

Well, it was for a Flash Anthology. 200 word limit... :)

Thanks for the comments... :)

I wanted to write something about remembrance as the Flash anthology for which this was written was coming out in celebration of that site's one year in existence. Rather, I cam out with this... Silly muse... :lol: But I love it... :)

It was very nicely done. :hug: And your muse can be silly, just as long as htey keep working. :music:

Wait, I was a bit confused reading this. But I really did like this. It's amazing in such few words you can convery such a beautiful imagery and invoke emotion. From the beginning I wasn't sure if it was a happy or sad thing, because the ceremony implied something good, then it seemed the narrator kept, well, reminiscing, implying something sad. Leave it to me to analyze things; I have problems :wacko:

Anyway, the ending, when the black wall separated him from his love, and his sister taking him away, it was such a sad, final ending. Great job again, for something so short.

Awesome BK!

Wow, two shorties in one day. Beastie really is back. I wrote a review. How come nobody else has? ;)

ADDED: Tiff, I think that was his intention. Pull you in and then whamo, hit you with a real surprise ending. :)

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Site Administrator
Wow, two shorties in one day. Beastie really is back. I wrote a review. How come nobody else has? ;)

I tend to comment here in the forums, rather than on eFiction. I don't really know why -- maybe I'm more comfortable here than there....

I tend to comment here in the forums, rather than on eFiction. I don't really know why -- maybe I'm more comfortable here than there....

Most of the author's really appreciate the stars more than what you have to say so long as you do say something here in the forums. :)

ADDED: Tiff, I think that was his intention. Pull you in and then whamo, hit you with a real surprise ending. :)

You're right; that was definitely his intention, but I was still amazed how he managed to do that in such a short piece.

You're right; that was definitely his intention, but I was still amazed how he managed to do that in such a short piece.

Yeah me too. The Beast is back stronger and better than ever. I want to see what's coming up with A&O! What about you? Are you reading that?

No, I haven't started reading that one, yet. The introduction/summary sounds really amazing, but I don't know if I can get into fantasy.

Maybe I should give it another try. I know every reader has a different experience, but does it move fast and hook you in immediately?

No, I haven't started reading that one, yet. The introduction/summary sounds really amazing, but I don't know if I can get into fantasy.

Maybe I should give it another try. I know every reader has a different experience, but does it move fast and hook you in immediately?

I can tell you about my experience with fantasy. When I first joined GA I became friends with Tim (our lovable Tiger). He suggested I read his story Dark Earth: The Prophecy. The first of a trilogy. At first I was like, no, I don't like sci-fi/fantasy stuff. But I tried it and found that if the writing is good enough it doesn't really matter what the subject matter is. I was hooked immediately and read every single chapter. Loved it so much I now beta-read for him.

Now, take A&O as an example. Yes it's fantasy on a certain level. But it has many layers to it. You can also view it as a commentary on how God himself is looking out for a gay person when the Church itself won't do that. And then there's the romantic parts. Is just so well done overall. Other parts of it will leave you laughing uncontrollably at the absurdity of how Heaven operates.

ADDED: Yes I think A&O will hook you immediately. It's so fast paced that poor old Beastie is having a hard time keeping up with it along with his studies.

Edited by GaryInMiami

Oh, maybe I will give those two stories a try now. I usually stay away from fantasy/sci-fi, kind of like a rule. It's just because I never had good experiences with it; I can't relate or I get confused. However, I have come across one or two pieces that I really liked, and it was due to the writing style and quality, just like you suggested.

Spring break is coming up and I'm too broke to go anywhere. I think I will start doing some reading, branch out of my comfort zone, discover something good. I'll have plenty to read: Alpha and Omega, and Tim's stuff.

Thanks for the tip :D

Oh, maybe I will give those two stories a try now. I usually stay away from fantasy/sci-fi, kind of like a rule. It's just because I never had good experiences with it; I can't relate or I get confused. However, I have come across one or two pieces that I really liked, and it was due to the writing style and quality, just like you suggested.

Spring break is coming up and I'm too broke to go anywhere. I think I will start doing some reading, branch out of my comfort zone, discover something good. I'll have plenty to read: Alpha and Omega, and Tim's stuff.

Thanks for the tip :D

You're welcome. If you're easily confused I'd start with A&O. Dark Earth has a lot of characters in it and they're hard to keep track of. Each one is critical to the story, well-developed, and really worth getting to know. Even if you need to keep a character cheat sheet. Most people probably wouldn't need one but like you, I too get confused rather easily.

Wait, I was a bit confused reading this. But I really did like this. It's amazing in such few words you can convery such a beautiful imagery and invoke emotion. From the beginning I wasn't sure if it was a happy or sad thing, because the ceremony implied something good, then it seemed the narrator kept, well, reminiscing, implying something sad. Leave it to me to analyze things; I have problems :wacko:

Anyway, the ending, when the black wall separated him from his love, and his sister taking him away, it was such a sad, final ending. Great job again, for something so short.

Awesome BK!

Thanks Tiff. That was the intent. ;)

Most of the author's really appreciate the stars more than what you have to say so long as you do say something here in the forums. :)

I concur. I leave a comment in the discussion forums as well as a review in E-Fic... Just as you do. :)

Its an urban fantasy. And not even that. Its a teenage romance with Fantasy thrown into it. :)

yeah...that too... :)

:rolleyes:

The romance is very nice. The story wouldn't exist without it. But please tell Beastie to keep reminding you there's more to A&O than a romance. Otherwise it would be just like every other romance story on GA. It's that extra stuff which makes A&O such compelling reading my friend. :)

:rolleyes:

The romance is very nice. The story wouldn't exist without it. But please tell Beastie to keep reminding you there's more to A&O than a romance. Otherwise it would be just like every other romance story on GA. It's that extra stuff which makes A&O such compelling reading my friend. :)

With Beast rapping hard on my backside, he says he'll never let me forget that!! ;)

With Beast rapping hard on my backside, he says he'll never let me forget that!! ;)

That makes for quite an interesting mental image! :lol:

The mental images!! The mental images!! *pauses in thought* *drools* Never mind.

Anyways, I'll be checking out A&O later on. Right now, I have about 400 links to shift through. Maybe more...