Tiger's Book of Poetry

I really liked 'I am' !!!! actually I've liked all of your poems I've read, you're really good at them (and normaly poetry baffles me - I never understood it as an art form). but this one I liked because it was hopeful, and well written of course :) .

Celia :worship:

hia again.

I don't think it was really because it was hopefull that I liked it, that was rushed feedback. Well, yes I did like that it had a positive tone, but I think I can understand what you were saying, or I connected with it. It is very simular to what has been happening in my life, partly in my head, and then my mums, it kind of summed up everythings thats happened this last year, including the postitive second half ambitions (most of which are still ambitions at the moment, but at least they are begining to be realised and embraced as something which should be 'I will...do this' (or at least worth trying for) - we've only just reached that point recently). I think I may even print it off if you don't mind and show my mum :) .

Celia

Edited by Smarties
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was exactly what I was thinking when I wrote it. The only time I write poetry is when I have thoughts like that in my head. Sometimes, the poem shows negative emotions, other times positive. That is just how my poetry is born.

That was exactly what I was thinking when I wrote it. The only time I write poetry is when I have thoughts like that in my head. Sometimes, the poem shows negative emotions, other times positive. That is just how my poetry is born.

I wish I had a gift like yours :) . Its strange, for most of the last 2 years I just thought it was my mum who had the problem. and maybe that was because I feel like I have been in survival mode and so focussed all my energy into just keeping us all afloat as wave after wave of diasters hit us. but in the last week ive kind of had a slow realisation, that well, its time to live my own life, and how much Ive been holding myself back, and what I thought was me coping well, was infact me almost falling apart. I'm going travelling on monday for a month, its a chance to have fun and most importantly not worry, not to be holding myself back. To actually begin to do those things on your list. things I thought I was at least partly doing all along. I am slightly daunted, but mainly sad and bewildered that ive let this happen to me. I'm reviewing all thats happened in a completely different way. I'm just going to have to go and see what happens.

do you write the poems all in one go really quickly or do you take your time over each piece? Im just wondering how poetry flows.

Celia (ps, sorry for my personal ramblings)

Edited by Smarties

It depends. Sometimes, I can craft a poem in less than thirty minutes. Other poems take more time. Seasons of Amour took several hours to write. There's only one way to become a good poet, and that is to write poetry. Having said that, there are some who don't like my style. Whether poetry is good or not depends on one's point of view. Also, my mom writes some good poetry. I must have gotten it from her. I've also had some discussions with Lugh about poetry, and he has been helpful in my development as a poet. :D

• 3 years later...