Tiger's Book of Poetry

I finally wrote another poem. It is called No Longer.

Thanks for brightening up my day Tim. :P

Seriously, I hope this wasn't inspired by something that happened recently cause I thought you were in a better place mentally than this right now. I know things aren't perfect. They never are. But this poem was just plain depressing.

Do you want me to call you later?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call if you like, Gary. I was venting a little. I do use poetic license and over-dramatize for greater effect. ;) Oh, I actually formatted that poem with HTML tags. :)

You can call if you like, Gary. I was venting a little. I do use poetic license and over-dramatize for greater effect. ;) Oh, I actually formatted that poem with HTML tags. :)

In otherwords you can be a drama queen?

Please send me the HTML file. I'd like to critique it.

I'm late for my afternoon nap cause I was busy helping a friend get some sheet music. Maybe I'll call you later. :)

I'm working on an new set of Garykus for when I'm napping/sleeping. The first one is dedicated to you:

I took a nap

Had vivid dreams of Tim

They made me horny

Just like they always do

That is an interesting little poem there. I don't know whether to be flattered or to be scared. Anyway, I have finally gotten back to poetry. I would like to think I am improving in this area. I look forward to everyone seeing my latest one. :)

That is an interesting little poem there. I don't know whether to be flattered or to be scared. Anyway, I have finally gotten back to poetry. I would like to think I am improving in this area. I look forward to everyone seeing my latest one. :)

Perhaps a little of both would be prudent. ;)

BTW, I both love and am haunted by the depth of emotion in your most recent poem. That's all I'll say about it for now. :)

Well, hopefully you'll like Unattainable too, Gary. It may also be haunting.

I understand why you feel the way you do right now, Tim. You expressed your state of mind quite well in your new poem. I seriously doubt this is a permanent situation. You'll see that eventually if you remain open to the possibilities. Trusting others, especially when it comes to matters of the heart, leaves you very vulnerable to being hurt. And yet without taking that risk you'll look back on your life and wonder what might have been. In otherwords, the risk is worth the potential reward.

Gary, I often go into the worst case scenario when I write a poem. I like the dramatic effect of tapping into my own emotions and mixing them with the emotions I would have in certain situations. The effect is poetry with a level of darkness my fans have come to expect. I am truly developing a style of my own. I do not do a lot of light-hearted poetry. That might change someday. However, I hope to never lose my edge with writing the darker poetry.

You know I'm not a big fan of the happily ever after stuff that's so prevalent on GA. In that regard I do, dare I say this, like your poems. I'm just concerned about you, Tim. Maybe that makes me read more into your poems than is really there.

You know I'm not a big fan of the happily ever after stuff that's so prevalent on GA. In that regard I do, dare I say this, like your poems. I'm just concerned about you, Tim. Maybe that makes me read more into your poems than is really there.

Well, some of my poems are happy, but that one isn't. "Living in a World" is more about my view of the world as a whole.
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh, Tim! I just read your entire book of poetry (and left reviews for each), and I have to say you did an amazing job.

Hilltop is definitely my strong favourite of the first six, but then...WOW! The last four are terrific!

The last two, I personally like the best of all. "Let It Be" is just all around fantastic and as I said seems to me as though it would work quite well as a prayer.

Now with that out of the way, let me say that your final and most recent work, Seasons of Amour, is definitely - in my opinion - the true stand out piece! In fact, I think it's one of the absolute best poems I've seen on GA, and I really think you ought to submit it for publication!

As I said in the review, the story telling is awesome, the construction is flawless, the literary devices you employ are very effective, and on top of all of that, it's really really beautiful and moving! AMAZING JOB! :great::music::worship:

-Kevin

Now with that out of the way, let me say that your final and most recent work, Seasons of Amour, is definitely - in my opinion - the true stand out piece! In fact, I think it's one of the absolute best poems I've seen on GA, and I really think you ought to submit it for publication!

:stupid: What he said. I love to tease you Kevin. :wub:

Tim, I'm so proud of you. You've created a masterpiece. Posted Image

I'm glad you all like Seasons of Amour. It happens to be my favourite as well. Am I allowed to have a favourite? 0:)

Damn right you're allowed to have a favorite poem. Posted Image

Of course you are, but you mustn't tell the other poems ;)

That's good to know. By the way, I appreciate all the reviews!

Oh, and Gary, the reference to funeral blues was a reference to the Poem by W.H. Auden. The reference to lonesome valley was intentional as well.

That's good to know. By the way, I appreciate all the reviews!

Oh, and Gary, the reference to funeral blues was a reference to the Poem by W.H. Auden. The reference to lonesome valley was intentional as well.

I didn't catch that at first. That's from "For the Love" by our beloved goat.

I didn't catch that at first. That's from "For the Love" by our beloved goat.

You are correct, Gary. That is one of my favorite stories on GA, and it was a story that inspired me. It also made me a member of the herd. 0:)

From my review:

We can't always have what we think we want. Does that somehow make it all the more attractive? In some ways yes. It's good to know when to move on even if you carry some pain with you. I think you expressed your emotions quite well. It's not the most eloquent poem you've ever written, but it gets the point across well enough. :)

Just read Seasons of Amour. :) The progression of love and life through seasons is really cute. Good job.

Thanks Krista. The seasons were both literal and figurative as the represented actual seasons as well as stages of life. :)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really liked 'I am' !!!! actually I've liked all of your poems I've read, you're really good at them (and normaly poetry baffles me - I never understood it as an art form). but this one I liked because it was hopeful, and well written of course :) .

Celia :worship:

Thanks Celia! My poems usually fit my mood at the time I'm writing them. Sometimes I am happy; other times I am not. I've been writing poems a lot this year. Thanks for the feedback. :)