1. 1. Do you smoke tobacco?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • I have, but I quit.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me it's simple, when I'm in a place where people smoke, after a while my eyes will get itchy. Without saying that I get more headache when I'm in smoking places, I'll say that they come more easily. Finally, the most annoying is that after all my clothes smells like smoke

My throat gets scratchy, my nostrils burn, eyes water and sting, I get head aches, and it lasts until I go home and take something for it. I also do hate the stale smoke smell... on me after I am around it too.. it's something that doesn't leave until the clothes are washed.. and it's only worse if you try to mask it with sprays.

Fixed if for ya ;)

You most certainly did. :D

That always irritated me the most too! I'd go out somewhere and come back smelling like an ashtray! It's so nice now that they don't allow smoking indoors, even in bars and clubs, in Texas. I admit it seems a bit silly to me that people can't smoke in bars in clubs, but it suits me quite well so I like it :)

I think nonsmoking bars are better, especially considering that I quit smoking. My nose still does not function properly, but I'm sure I smell better. I don't even think I could date a smoker now. I'm so glad I quit that habit. It's bad. Then again, chewing is even worse. That would be a big turn off. :blink:

Are cigarettes that much cheaper in Canada? Because I know in New York they're thinking of raising the cigarette taxes again. Unless I guess you are going to some Native American reservation in New York state, which doesn't pay state taxes I guess. But that seems a lot of work for cigarettes, :lol: .

In Quebec, no. You'd have to pay $7-8 for a popular brand of 20's. But I get the cheapest...$5.20 for a pack of 20's of MacDonald. I still like it better than Players and Accord so far.

I was kidding anyway. I wouldn't drive 100 miles per month just for some cigarettes and spend $20 per gas (they cost $4.75 per gallon now).

NYC has city taxes on cigarettes, so that's why it's expensive. It's cheaper to get some upstate. Otherwise I'd just go to Vermont or use a duty-free shop on my way back to Canada when I have to travel. I nearly fainted when I saw the prices when I went to smoke for the first time in NYC. But I needed some...so I hesistantly brought one for $7.50. :wacko: In Pennsylvania, I'd just pay $4.25 for the same brand and size.

Edited by Jack Frost