Romantic Songs

AFriendlyFace

My favorite album of break-up songs is "Forget about It" by Alison Krauss. I especially enjoy her rendition of Todd Rundgren's "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Everything" is incredibly romantic! I love that one. :wub:

Lifehouse is just nifty, IMO!

"Everything" by Michael Buble :wub:

"Your Song" by Elton John

Those are good and romantic :)

Nicole Kidman had a nice voice , i like something stupid , she sing with Robin william ...Such a nice song...

not me not i by Delta Goodrem ...alway my fav all time

Nicole Kidman is just one of the coolest people on the planet!

Robin Williams is good in the genre of romantic songs!

For me to say a song is romantic it is usually like a break up song wierd thing that would be like You Were Meant For Me - By Jewel.

I LOVE that song!!!!

My favorite album of break-up songs is "Forget about It" by Alison Krauss. I especially enjoy her rendition of Todd Rundgren's "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference"

I'm listening to that song now, though perhaps not by either artist, I'm not sure who this is, but so far I'm having trouble becoming engaged with it.

I'm listening to that song now, though perhaps not by either artist, I'm not sure who this is, but so far I'm having trouble becoming engaged with it.

On old liner notes Rundgren expressed surprise that people completely misunderstood what the song was about.

If one reads just the title, one might conclude that it didn't matter at all whether she/he loved him/her, when the song is saying the opposite, that little things wouldn't have been adequate to break them up if there had been love. I like the song anyway, but I think it is helped by Allison Krause's rendition of it and by the context in her album.

The song probably means more if you've been there and done that, or if you can imagine having been.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda dorky, but my favourites are Think of Me, Music of the Night, All I Ask of You, and Past the Point of No Return - yes all from Phantom of the Opera =) For a time of troubles, Hikari Kingdom/Simple and Clean by Utada Hikaru is good - and her song Passion - and I like L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole - yep yep - so any of those from Phantom or LOVE would pretty much melt me =)

Edited by OperaGhostV

That's a very good song and one I quite like, but I don't think of it as incredibly romantic, personally.

Would have to counter-disagree. :P Dream a Little Dream of Me is one of the most romantic songs I can think of, but not in a mushy way. It's in more of a tantalizing way... hard to explain. ANYWHO!

This doesn't have to be like, traditionally lovey dovey romantic songs, huh?

Someday You Will Be Loved, by Death Cab for Cutie. No, it's not... exactly... what most people think of, lol. It IS romantic, though, at least to me, because dude's reassuring the person that thought he loved them. Sorta, anyway.

Um, hmmm... I will have to consider this.... I WILL RETURN.