Prom!

ashessnow

My prom is tonight. Im going with bunch of friends including my semi/kinda boyfriend Michael. Should be interesting! :lol:

But then I started to wonder, did you go?

And if ya did, with who?

Was it fun?

So . . . yeah. Just answer.

My prom is tonight. Im going with bunch of friends including my semi/kinda boyfriend Michael. Should be interesting! :lol:

And if ya did, with who?

Was it fun?

My BF Doug and I took each other to our Senior Ball (that's what they call our prom) last year. We danced with each other, and at the end of the Ball when everyone kisses we kissed each other. People who saw us kiss applauded, and those who asked why people were applauding when they were told joined in. Everyone said things like "Way to go, guys!" and "I knew you guys were a couple!" and "You make such a cute couple!" and "I never would'a guessed!" We got lots of pats on the back, and handshakes, and kisses (yeah, including kisses from a few guys). No one, not one of the over 400 seniors at the Ball, made a derogatory comment.

I hope yours is as great as ours was.

Colin B)

I went with a friend of mine... a female friend. Keep in mind this was back when I thought I was bi and was long before I even came out to gay people. Heck I think it preceded my time here at GA... god I feel old now.

Anyway, it was a prom -- I purposely went into it with low expectations. It was exciting to ride in a stretch Navigator limo, though haha.

My BF Doug and I took each other to our Senior Ball (that's what they call our prom) last year. We danced with each other, and at the end of the Ball when everyone kisses we kissed each other. People who saw us kiss applauded, and those who asked why people were applauding when they were told joined in. Everyone said things like "Way to go, guys!" and "I knew you guys were a couple!" and "You make such a cute couple!" and "I never would'a guessed!" We got lots of pats on the back, and handshakes, and kisses (yeah, including kisses from a few guys). No one, not one of the over 400 seniors at the Ball, made a derogatory comment.

Colin B)

I thought that sort of thing only existed in sappy gay stories. I guess I'm wrong. :) Good for you guys, and I think it'd be very difficult to top what you guys had.

Colin B)

Awww :wub:

I went with a friend of mine... a female friend. Keep in mind this was back when I thought I was bi and was long before I even came out to gay people. Heck I think it preceded my time here at GA... god I feel old now.

*gasp*

All that long ago?! :o

LOL, I'm just kidding with ya of course! I'm really really proud of ya, Robbie ;)

I went with my perpetually close friend, Claire. Of course this too was before either of us came out, so it was mostly a coincidental co-bearding.

Prom was fun, the after party was more fun though :devil:

I'm sure you'll have a great time, dude :)

-Kevin

Colin B)

Wow, things have certainly changed since I went to my prom in 1974. Even though I was out to everyone I still had to take a female friend of mine to the prom. I'm really happy for you guys, and maybe even a little bit jealous. :)

Wouldn't have been caught dead at a breeders mating ritual. Ugh-- gag me with a forklift.

Our high school consisted of the rich insiders and everybody else. Needless to say everyone else was welcome to come as long as they would sit down, behave and STFU. Otherwise the staff and the in-crowd parents would give you a lot of flak.

Never ones to miss a chance to party, we had a massive party deep in the woods and far from anybody's complaints. One of our friends parents had land out in the country. We went out and cleaned up our party spot: a nice sandbar by the Bayou Pierre about 30 minutes nort of Port Gibson.

We had enough booze, beer and bongs to float a battleship. The party started with a BBQ Friday evening and most of us got home Sunday afternoon. If you didn't get laid on that trip, you might as well shave your friggin' head and become a monk.

BTW- we had more people than the real prom which was a snoozer. As I understand it, the River party alternative to the prom is a tradition that continues at that school to this day. It's more fun and less stress and nobody gets killed or busted.

Oh my. Prom was amazing! A perfect weekend.

The night started with what we thought would be a bad omen because our limo drivers mom died (very sad) and couldnt drive us, but we made it work. And, by the way, Michael (my date) and I were, by far, the hottest looking and best dancing couple there. Seriously.

Hightlights:

1. Getting a hot waiter to dance with me

2. Getting all my friends to dance on the catwalk above the dance floor (it looked SOOO hot!)

3. Getting all my straight guy friends to dance (a few with me)

4. Seeing that we werent the only same sex couple there (two lesbian couples)

5. The ridiculous tonnage of pictures

6. Watching sunrise at the after party in the mountains

7. Watching sunset at the after-after party in Venice beach.

Couldnt have been any better.

Edited by Nerotorb

The night started with what we thought would be a bad omen because our limo drivers mom died (very sad) and couldnt drive us, but we made it work. And, by the way, Michael (my date) and I were, by far, the hottest looking and best dancing couple there. Seriously.

Hightlights:

2. Getting all my friends to dance on the catwalk above the dance floor (it looked SOOO hot!)

QUOTE (colinian @ May 17 2008, 10:59 PM) post_snapback.gifMy BF Doug and I took each other to our Senior Ball (that's what they call our prom) last year. We danced with each other, and at the end of the Ball when everyone kisses we kissed each other. People who saw us kiss applauded, and those who asked why people were applauding when they were told joined in. Everyone said things like "Way to go, guys!" and "I knew you guys were a couple!" and "You make such a cute couple!" and "I never would'a guessed!" We got lots of pats on the back, and handshakes, and kisses (yeah, including kisses from a few guys). No one, not one of the over 400 seniors at the Ball, made a derogatory comment.

Colin B)

B) .......Very happy for both of you!! Needless to say that could not have happened at my prom. I'm glad that the times are a changing.

Edited by Benji

Awsome glad you guys has a blast, :D

James party seemed fun as well.

Hightlights:

I'm glad your prom went well.

I'm not particularly masochistic, so I didn't go to my own prom. As the nerdy fifteen year old fag, I wasn't exactly in line for homecoming king.

Menzo (who's just a touch bitter)

That's fantastic! That's the way a prom should happen, everyone -- straight, bi, gay, lesbian, whatever -- should have the time of their lives. You guys did. And being on Venice beach afterwards: awesome, totally awesome!

Wow, things have certainly changed since I went to my prom in 1974. Even though I was out to everyone I still had to take a female friend of mine to the prom. I'm really happy for you guys, and maybe even a little bit jealous. :)

Don't be jealous, Gary. Be proud that the steps you took to be out in 1974 were some of the first steps that have gotten us to where we are today. Yeah, we still have a long way to go, but we can see and feel and experience the positive changes that are happening. I say to you, and to everyone like you who helped in whatever ways they could: Thank You! :wub::worship::2thumbs:

Colin B)

Don't be jealous, Gary. Be proud that the steps you took to be out in 1974 were some of the first steps that have gotten us to where we are today. Yeah, we still have a long way to go, but we can see and feel and experience the positive changes that are happening. I say to you, and to everyone like you who helped in whatever ways they could: Thank You! :wub::worship::2thumbs:

That's mighty nice of you Colin. Thanks. thumbs-up.gif

And if ya did, with who?

Was it fun?

Yes, I did go to my prom, but I actually didn't stay that long,,, painfully stayed for the dinner, it wasn't boring, I had a good table, it's just that well I don't do that good with the kind of high priced food that there's usually at prom :P I left just a little after the dance floor really opened it was around midnight...

Only two of my friends did go to the prom. I went there by myself, and I wouldn't have minded not to have went to my prom, but then again, I don't really regret to have gone to it.

I'm not particularly masochistic, so I didn't go to my own prom. As the nerdy fifteen year old fag, I wasn't exactly in line for homecoming king.

:hug:

I'm sorry :(

Menzo (who's just a touch bitter)

Well, that's understandable, but just remember, don't be too bitter or no one will want to lick you ;)

Well said, Colin! :D

Well, that's understandable, but just remember, don't be too bitter or no one will want to lick you ;)

You dirty mind :P (And we like it very much :P )

Well, we don't really have a prom here in Belgium... We do have a party at the end of our years at high school, but the accent is on having fun and collecting money, not on King/Queen, or having a date... (The money is to sponsor a day out with all last year students :P ) That's maybe a better way... And besides, I was waaaaaaaay inside the closet, still am, so not really helping there I guess :/

I went semi alone, taking one of my best friends dancing that night. Made quite a few people stare since I'm tall and rather broad shouldered and she's tiny. I'm talking 4'9, 109 soaking wet. She's cute though and we had fun to. Did what most of the girls did and kicked off the heels and wore ankle socks for the rest of the night.

Of course, I also dumped my boyfriend of the time since he told me that he couldn't go because he was sick, but still went with his ex. I found them making out and slapped him sensless. Guess he didn't expect me to use the other ticket to bring my friend, huh?

I went dateless but with friends to my prom. I had a very good time. A (female) friend from one of my classes got be dance with her (Which is rare because I do not dance). The bloody dance floor was packed, felt like everyone was dancing as one massive group. The bumping and grinding dancing did nothing for me (lol). We left our prom right after the prom king and queen were announced. Our group rented rooms in the same hotel. I had to share it with two of my guy friends. Just when i was getting some shut eye from partying at one of the rooms in the hotel, I was kicked out of my bed by one of the guys because he brought his date back to do “stuff”. Ha, they didn't get to do anything because two of our friends got drunk and kept trying to get them to go outside with them to watch the sun come up. One time they came in butt naked (Finally got to see what those football tights hid, although I already knew what the front looked like because said person kept f lashing us during lunch). All I must say is that football training did him good.

The only f-ed up thing that happened that night was when I fell into the kiddy pool of the hotel. All I can say that involved me being inebriated and something else. Ohh, that reminds me that I have to get that vid from my friend , lets just say it involved my laughing lot for a reason. <Kids remember, know your limits and if imbibing always offset it with food and water or don't do it> I mean sure it was one the few moments that I let myself be let loose.

-Jules