OK, folks ... I have java ... I think.

So, How do I find out if I have it, and if I do, how do I go about enabling it so I can do the live chat?

Boy on a String

(ps ... I am pretty much a simple minded person (read computer idiot here) so please make any instructions as simple as possible. Thanks)

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click Add or Remove Programs

3. When the list of installed programs comes up, look for Java Runtime Eviroment or Java Web Start or something of the sort.

If you find it, that means you have it, lol.

To turn it on or see if it is turned on, if you found Web Start, look for that folder on your All Programs list on the Start Menu

Open it. Go File, Prefrences. Click the Java tab, and enable it by clicking the checkbox.

If you can't find it, you might not have it, so go to http://java.sun.com , download and install.

Xander

OK, I have Java Runtime 1.1.4.

I can't tell if it is on, because it sends me to a web page. I wasn't not able to see the video on the page that told me what version I have.

I looked at the downloads to update at this page

. I have no idea which one I should download. (I do want a free download.)

So, do I need to update? (I don't know how anyone out there can answer this question, but, I am hoping)

Boy on a (bunch of tangled) Strings

Easiest thing is just up in the upper menu bar (the one under the "Gay Authors" banner that starts "Blogs" "Help" etc - click on "Live Chat" there

I'll quite freely admit it. When it comes to compugeeking, I'm blonde.

Unfortunately I was born before it was possible to have a computer screen next to Nanny for me to watch while she was feeding me.

I've got Java 1.4.2-b28 and when I click on Gay Authors Live Chat , it defaults with my correct name and a password, but always refuses to allow me to successfully login.

ERROR!

I haven't got an :wub: "ex" :wub: to tell me what to do (LOL), so I have to ask on screen.

Help.... Wadda I do??

:(